WWE.com: Daniel Bryan's 15 Greatest Matches

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Daniel Bryan recently sat down with the staff of WWE.com to comprise a list of his 15 best matches. It's a fun list and includes a hefty number of matches in Bryan's career before he came to WWE. There are some matches that are obviously better than others, yet were selected because of how entertaining they were, how rare they were, Bryan's personal enjoyment of them, were against men that were mentors to Bryan or a combination of any of them.

The list is as follows:

15. John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan - WWE SummerSlam: 8-18-13 WWE Championship
14. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton - WWE Raw: 6-24-13 WWE App Street Fight
13. CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan - Over The Limit: 5-20-12 WWE Championship
12. Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima - ROH Final Battle: 12-27-08 Fight Without Honor
11. Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins - WWE Raw: 6-10-13 WWE App Match
10. Daniel Bryan vs. Cesaro - WWE Raw: 7-22-13
9. Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness - ROH Unified: 8-12-06 Unification match for the ROH World & Pure Championships
8. Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA - ROH Glory by Honor: 9-16-06 ROH World Championship
7. Daniel Bryan vs. William Regal - WWE Superstars: 11-11-11
6. Team Hell No & Ryback vs. The Shield - WWE TLC: 12-16-12 TLC Match
5. Team Hell No & The Undertaker vs. The Shield - WWE Raw: 4-22-13
4. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan - WWE Extreme Rules: 4-29-12 2 out of 3 Falls for the World Heavyweight Championship
3. Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H - WrestleMania XXX: 4-6-14
2. Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Batista - WrestleMania XXX: 4-6-14 Triple Threat for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
1. Robbie Brookside vs. Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson - EWP Glide Wrestling Festival: 2003 EWP Intercontinental Championship

Definitely an interesting list and a surprise that Bryan's title win at WM XXX didn't get the #1 spot. Instead, Bryan's favorite is an obscure match held sometime in 2003 in the European Wrestling Promotion against Robbie Brookside, who now works as a trainer in NXT. Brookside was also one of Bryan's teachers and helped open some doors for him in the business.

First off, when you click on the article, the first page says that the list is in no particular order. So I'm not going to debate that.

The only match that's missing in Bryan's list are one of the matches he had with Dolph Ziggler. The one they had on a Bragging Rights was cool. Also, the Steel Cage match he had against Mark Henry on SmackDown back when Henry was the champion. Other than that, I think he pretty much covered everyone.

I believe his best match was with HHH, due to the storyline development and how the match went down.

The_Don pretty much covered everything I was going to say after reading the original post.

I really enjoyed the article and was very happy to see matches from outside WWE was included. Not just the list but reading Bryan's views on them were interesting. I like how some of his favorites were more because of the story that led to them or the pay off as opposed strictly to the in ring action. I think that's probably why the aforementioned Ziggler and Henry matches didn't make the list. Good matches.. but just matches.

Glad it isn't in order because I personally don't believe he's had a better WWE match than vs Cena at SummerSlam 2013 so when I saw that at 15 I was a little thrown off. I always like wwe does these kind of lists though because it gives you a chance to revisit some good matches you may have forgotten about.

Pretty ok list for his matches.
I wish they put his matches with cm punk and samoa joe up there.
Or more of his matches in japan.
His wwe matches are ok. But not good.
I like his indy and japanese matches better.

Daniel Bryan has recently said in an interview that he is compiling a WWE DVD so lets assume that Bryan has hand picked these matches (WWE) to feature on the DVD.

Off the top of my head I really enjoyed his match against CM Punk at MITB 2013.

Solid list. I enjoyed his match with HHH at WrestleMania XXX. They set the bar high for the rest of the show.

I think some of the CM Punk matches that he had in that strange post-Mania semi-feud sort of thing they had in 2012 were 5 star matches. Some of his best. I understand that at this point, WWE wouldn't mention them but they belong on an objective list of Bryan's best matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back