WWE Battleground: World Heavyweight Championship: Cena (c) VS Orton VS Kane VS Reigns

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Earlier in the night, Triple H announced that the main event at Battleground will see John Cena defending the WWE World Heavyweight Championship in a Fatal Fourway. Cena's opponents will be Randy Orton, Kane and Roman Reigns. Fourway bouts, like triple threats, are no DQ so this could be a wild, physical match. However, there's practically little doubt of Cena losing the title. They're also not going to have Seth Rollins cash in so soon, though I do suspect that he'll make an attempt that's foiled by Dean Ambrose.

It looks like they're going the route of having Triple H and Stephanie torture Cena as biased authority figures after Cena rejected the phony acts of kindness, and Cena will survive the Fatal 4 Way and a potential cash-in from Rollins.

In the end, the Fatal 4 Way is just a stopgap until Summerslam. The night after Battleground, Cena believes he's in the clear for the time being, eagerly awaiting the next challenge from HHH and Stephanie. And that's when Triple H throws Lesnar at Cena for Summerslam.

I like this idea. Lot going on. Kane isn't a serious threat, but he makes Orton a bigger threat. Everyone will be rooting for Reigns. Cena caught in the middle getting his usual awesome reaction. Should be a fun match. I think it'll be an attitude era style main event with lots of reff bumps and heel shenanigans.

We all know Lesnar is coming for Cena at SummerSlam! Battleground is just a filler in between right now.. There is no doubt,unless Cena fucks up for real,or gets injured that he loses the title so soon.. I have no doubt that a 4 man bout,will be physical and intense that much is a given..

This should be a good one IMO,Cena will Win,and Rollins will try to cash in or tease it and Ambrose will foil his attempt! After BattleGround the authority will tighten its claws and throw the beast incarnate at Cena,the one who put the 1 in the undertakers 21-1

This should be a fun match. A little odd to see Roman Reigns in it. Wasn't the Authority furious about him being in the qualifying bout for MITB? Then even more upset that he was in the actual ladder match? Now Triple H just freely hands Reigns yet another title shot? Doesn't make much sense to me but whatever.

While a fun match, I don't really see a scenario where Cena loses the title here especially if rumors are true and he's set to headline Summerslam against Brock Lesnar.

Very good point by Notorious I hadn't thought much of Reigns' involvement but him being there is odd. I'm certain we can all agree Cena retains, which doesn't make me mad being as this is a filler PPV, with pretty much everything till SummerSlam being set to build up to it.

Another simple match.

Roman Reigns is hot. He needs to be in the WWE title hunt right now. He is getting excellent reactions and they need to keep him at the top. Triple H inserting him there personally may seem unconventional since he has tried his darnedest to keep him away from the WWE title but this isn't an unpredictable Ladder match. This is a controlled environment where half of the match is in the Authority's pocket. Plus, the other guy is John Cena, a man who Triple H knows will stop Roman Reigns. Turn your enemies against each other mentality.

However, this is an easy finish to predict: Roman Reigns slaughters everyone and is poised to win the belt. Triple H comes out and shenanigans ensue where Reigns is taken out of the equation. It is now John Cena vs. the Authority where Cena will, for lack of a better or less smarky term, go SuperCena and retain. This sets up Cena vs. Lesnar II as Triple H's "Plan B" as well as Roman Reigns feuding with the Authority.

This match is purely to advance storylines for SummerSlam and to keep Cena as champion for another cycle so don't expect a five-star classic.

Just one thing I don't get about the title picture. I keep hearing and was mentioned on this very page that it may well Lesnar v Cena for the title at Summerslam. Which is cool as Cena owes Lesnar a victory. But with him on part time basis Lesnar won't win the title and by ending the streak surely his next match has to be a victory, doesn't it? So why book the match?

Just one thing I don't get about the title picture. I keep hearing and was mentioned on this very page that it may well Lesnar v Cena for the title at Summerslam. Which is cool as Cena owes Lesnar a victory. But with him on part time basis Lesnar won't win the title and by ending the streak surely his next match has to be a victory, doesn't it? So why book the match?

ON the contrary I'm quite sure Lesnar will win the title and drop it at the next PPV (NoC). May be to Bryan if he's fit, Reigns or even a Rollins cash in. Or Brock keeps the belt and appears sporadically, like The Rock did leading up to WM29.

WWE just main evented a PPV with an EIGHT-MAN LADDER MATCH for the WWE Championship. That's a pretty badass main event. And they're following it up with a FOUR-MAN REGULAR MATCH... featuring half the guys from the last PPV main event.

Does that not seem like hilarious backwards booking? Why should anyone be interested in seeing Cena beat those 3 guys, when he already beat them along with 4 other people in a more difficult stipulation??

I am seriously dumbfounded by the booking here. I know that it's hard to follow up a huge match like the Money in the Bank one, but at least if they did a 1-on-1 with Seth, Roman or Cesaro, you could use the logic that it's a fresh match-up everyone would like to see. But doing this "1/2 of the Money in the Bank main event and without ladders" is kinda bullshit.

In fact, that's how they should advertise it in the commercials.

"At Money in the Bank, John Cena overcame the odds and beat 7 other men in a hellacious Ladder match. But can he overcome the odds at Battleground when there's 4 less men and there aren't any ladders to make it more difficult??? Tune in on the WWE Network to watch half of the Money in the Bank main event face off, but this time, NO LADDERS!!!"

I was expecting Cena v Kane and Orton v Reigns, so I am only pleased with the Fatal Four-Way match in comparison. Cena will retain sure, but this should still be a good match.

This fatal 4 way is indeed a filler it's sad that wwe put the title again on yaaaaaaawwwwwn john semen seriously fans will advert and convert again cause we all want to see someone else have the wwe championship title while TNA is helping new talent get the TNA title that soon we might even see Ethan Carter 3rd go for that title it gets interesting cause they are building their stars that wwe is failing give the title to ROman Reigns. I definitely see Brock Lesner this time beating and defeating john semen for the title cause his victory over undertaker was in his contract and a guaranteed win for the wwe title is stipulated in his contract. The authority knows that they can destroy cena so go ahead and please the fans cause we all would rather have LESNER as champ anyday then this paper champion we got now !!!!! I ll stop watching wwe till they get that title off john semen or if they injure him enough

makes sense. Cena pins Kane, then Lesnar either comes out and attacks or is the Plan B the following night on Raw.
Reigns vs Orton will be the main support bout for Summerslam, they get to buodl further histiory in this match. Hopefully Kane drops out of the main event picture afterwards, Summerslam leading to:

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: JOHN CENA VS BROCK LESNAR
ROMAN REIGNS VS RANDY ORTON
CHRIS JERICHO VS BRAY WYATT
DEAN AMBROSE VS SETH ROLLINS
JACK SWAGGER VS RUSEV in a flag match
USOS VS STARDUST and GOLDUST
AJ LEE VS PAIGE

Meh. It's a transitional show and it feature 4 guys who just headlined a PPV together. I'm sure it'll be perfectly enjoyable. There isn't much else to say about it.

Lesnar taking out Cena post-match will probably be the only notable thing about this match.

I'm tired of seeing Kane in main event matches... whether its as a performer or as a disturbance. Now it seems as though he has developed a habit of interfering in matches, resulting in a DQ. I didn't check the spoilers of Smackdown, but I'm quite sure that he'll interfere in at least one match here too. No one cares about "The Demon Kane" anymore. Maybe this is his final run in the WWE before he goes full time to challenging governors for debates, so they are probably giving him one last hurrah!
As for the match, this is just a filler pay-per-view like Night Of Champions and Hell in a Cell, so we should also be expecting for everything filler-quality and not hope for anything special. They will tease Brock's return, Rollins' cash-in etc., but at the end, nothing will happen. Cena will be smiling and raising the titles above his head while the show fades to black and we log in to WZ forums to complain on Jack Hammer's relevant thread on the matter. We have seen this happen many times in the past, and this time will be no different.

Having Kane as Orton's dubbed "bitch" does absolutely nothing for me right now. I know Kane is still part of the authority, but now he's been back as the demon for some time, what exactly is his kayfabe motive for not going for the title himself? Is it for a paycheck? Is it because he genuinely likes being an authority figure? I know at this point of his career he's going to be mainly putting people over, but he's just not believable as a main event player anymore and hasn't been for a while. And believe me, this is coming from someone who used to be the biggest Kane mark. I'm at the point of groaning everytime the red pyrotechnics go off and his music starts to interfere in another match before he gets speared, AA'd, knee'd etc for the 508th time. He's just an irritation, not a threat, and that makes me kinda sad.

To the actual match, I'm not overly excited about it, but that's not at the fault of anyone. Filler PPV with a filler title match with a predictable outcome before everything really hits the fan at Summerslam. I'm sure it'll be a very entertaining match, and I will be hopeful of a Lesnar interference of somesort.

I honestly never got into these fatal four way matches. It seems certain Cena is taking the title into Summerslam and facing Lesner so it kind of takes the luster from this match. No way would Cena be dropping the title in less than a month anyway so I am pretty certain of a Cena win here.

I haven't watched Smackdown yet but there seemed to be some tension between Orton and Kane on Raw which leads me to believe that Kane will turn on Orton and either go after the belt himself or he'll abandon the match completely and leave Orton fodder for Cena.

Rollins won't cash in after the match, it's too soon. And I see Plan Brock Lesnar showing up the next night on Raw.

I think I would've preferred two one-on-one matches instead, Orton vs. Reigns and Kane vs. John Cena in some stip. It seemed like they were heading for Orton and Reigns in a singles matches before they decided to chuck them in a Fatal 4 Way. I could see people being invested in a Orton vs. Reigns match but I don't think many people care for this Fatal 4 Way or them being involved in it. I doubt there's a lot of interest for Kane vs. John Cena either but a stip like, say...Buried Alive as they originally planned for Bryan and Kane before he got injured, would've made it watchable. In fact, Buried Alive would've been a good reason to give Kane some time off. It seems eveybody has gotten tired of seeing Kane, time off would be good for him, so he can refresh and maybe reinvent himself a little for when he comes back.

makes sense. Cena pins Kane, then Lesnar either comes out and attacks or is the Plan B the following night on Raw.
Reigns vs Orton will be the main support bout for Summerslam, they get to buodl further histiory in this match. Hopefully Kane drops out of the main event picture afterwards, Summerslam leading to:

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: JOHN CENA VS BROCK LESNAR
ROMAN REIGNS VS RANDY ORTON
CHRIS JERICHO VS BRAY WYATT
DEAN AMBROSE VS SETH ROLLINS
JACK SWAGGER VS RUSEV in a flag match
USOS VS STARDUST and GOLDUST
AJ LEE VS PAIGE

Solid card. It looks like they're building towards a Nikki Bella/Stephanie match.

I'm hoping there's no filler matches involving Fandango, Bo Dallas and Adam Rose.

I'd rather for them to don't put two main event caliber matches back to back like Reigns/Orton right before Lesnar/Cena. I'd hate to see a tired crowd affect the match.

simple, Cena goes on to defend and probably lose to Lesnar at Summerslam.
Roman Reigns goes on to have a 1-1 match with Randy Orton at Summerslam.
Kane will probably turn face for the 100th time and feud with a returning Big Shop for the 100th time at Summerslam.
Daniel Bryan wont be rushed back, he will be brought back probably towards Survivor Series or could even be held back as a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble in 6 months time,.

20140715_Battleground_Fatal4Way_no_Burst_LIGHT-HOMEPAGE.jpg

This should be great. Fatal Fourways offer a lot of unpredictability and chaos, I also like all four of the competitors so I have no complaints. It will probably be the best match of the night and is the obvious choice to have go on last for the show. Kane and Orton have arguably the lowest odds of winning, they add more to the match by being there but I doubt they win. The bigger picture here is Cena VS Roman. I'm going to have to go with John Cena retaining here. Roman might win, although I for some reason just do not see it happening yet. If Roman does win then we would be quite likely to see Seth cash in after an immediate attack, and I highly doubt we would have a cash-in on a brand like Battleground. That should be saved for Summerslam, an episode of Raw, or even Wrestlemania. No cash in from Seth this week. Lesnar might show up to attack Cena or something though, it would set up their rumored Summerslam match regardless of if Cena retains or not. The only other option to win is Reigns and since I don't see them giving him the World Heavyweight Championship this soon, signs point to a Cena retention. Should be a great match, the show closes with Cena having retained.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
John Cena will retain the World Heavyweight Championship.
Seth Rollins does not cash in.

Well this is the most predictable match of the night by far. Of course super Cena is going to do that again and with the stupid WWE writers help he is going to face Lesnar at Summer Slam and in the way make Reigns look week in the match only as he can.

It's a tough call. My call would be Cena wins, then Rollins cashes in MITB and wins it. But it's hard to imagine Rollins as champ without creating tension with Orton, and it's too early to create that kind of rift between the Authority, or Evolution, or The Corporation, or whatever they're calling themselves.

Reigns wins and is then cashed in on by Rollins. This will lead to shield triple threat at summerslam for the title.

Probably not.

Some people are trying to fool themselves into being interested in this by citing that Cena will miss time to film a movie in the coming weeks.

It has never affected his black-hole-of-creativity title reigns before, and it wont now.

Cena wins, moves on to face Lesnar at SummerSlam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back