Wrestler's Court

#heel420

Mr. Wrestling
(First Post please excuse any errors I might have made.) When a superstar would do something that was considered disrespectful or against the traditions of the company they would be sentenced to appear in Wrestler's Court. In WWE it was The Undertaker as the Judge and JBL as Prosecuting Attorney. Does anyone know of any trials that took place in Wrestler's Court? Does anyone know if this is still common in the locker room today? Discuss.

(First Post please excuse any errors I might have made.) When a superstar would do something that was considered disrespectful or against the traditions of the company they would be sentenced to appear in Wrestler's Court. In WWE it was The Undertaker as the Judge and JBL as Prosecuting Attorney. Does anyone know of any trials that took place in Wrestler's Court? Does anyone know if this is still common in the locker room today? Discuss.

From what I've read (in very vague accounts, not actual quotes from wrestlers and such) it's basically a meeting where the guys with seniority go over anything wrong you did and see out a punishment accordingly (if you didn't work properly with the opponent, if you did something out of the match layout).

The truth is, wrestling companies are based on a lot of talent pools per company. It's like having 30+ people in one department that travels a lot. As a supervisor (Vince, for example), you wouldn't have a concrete way of knowing the behavior of the talent, so it's up for the guy or guys that have the most time on that talent pool to make sure stuff runs smoothly.

Again, it's not something that's discussed at detail because it's not for the viewer of the product to know. Should we care for that? I don't know, but personally it's not something that holds that much value to me because I don't work for a wrestling company.

I have read a little bit about this, and I think it is necessary due to there not being a boss around all the time due to the heavy travel. I also think it should be applied to everyday jobs to. I think in most cases the other employes get mad when a boss doesn't correct an employee doing wrong. It seems to happen a lot, at least where I work. Take your two longest tenured employees, and let them decided how to handle problem situation. Think about it, most employees will witness another's wrong doing when the boss doesn't. I imagine we haven't heard much more about wrestler's court though because it is probably something very private to the lockerroom as it probably should be.

I haven't heard too much about the wrestler's court.

The Hardy's mention being summoned to the wrestler's court in their book. I read Melina was summoned in 2006, and I remember Palmer Cannon quit the company over issues with JBL's hazing and wrestler court.

Haha well I don't know if it was as structured as that. I've never read or heard anyone claiming to be a "defendant" lol, so who can say?

Actually, the only case I remember reading about (which happened years ago in TNA) Shiek Abdul Bashir (pardon if incorrect spelling, net is being a bitch and not wanting to load, so can't google) was on trial for playing a joke on Monty Sopp/Kip James for being an old man. If I remember the story right, he was the defendant, one of the dudleys were the judge, and rhino was a lawyer

long story short (too late) he was "guilty" and forced to buy beer for the roster

it's fun to pretend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back