Wrestlemania 32 idea - The International Ladder match

So I came up with this idea, an idea that has been going through my head ever since the creation of the League of Nations. After last night, when Kalisto won, I finalized this idea and decided that it's time to share it with you.

The concept is, that at Wrestlemania, there will be a 7-man Ladder match for the United States Championship, involving wrestlers from various countries.

There will be representatives of 6 countries, plus one more wrestler, that can be of any country. The 7th wrestler can be from a country different from the other countries or the same as someone else, thus giving that country a small advantage.

Qualification
1) First country to be represented will be Mexico, by default, since the champion, Kalisto is from Mexico.
The rest of the participants will be decided in qualification matches on RAW.

2) Neville vs Barrett to find out who will represent England. Winner: Neville.

3) Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn (special guest from NXT) to find out who will represent Canada. Winner: Owens.

4) Dolph Ziggler vs Ryback vs Big Show vs Jack Swagger to find out who will represent USA. Winner: Ziggler.

5) Sheamus vs Finn Balor (special guest from NXT) to find out who will represent Ireland. Winner: Sheamus.

6) Cesaro/Itami (special guest from NXT) vs Rusev to find out will represent a country from Rest of the World (Swiss/Japan vs Bulgaria). If Cesaro is healthy, then Cesaro wins. If not, he's replaced by Hideo Itami, who I believe will have made his return by then, as a special guest from NXT. However, Rusev wins in that case.

7) The 7th member will be decided by the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal III. The winner will be Alberto Del Rio, thus giving Mexico the advantage.

So at Wrestlemania we will have:
Owens vs Kalisto vs Ziggler vs Cesaro/Rusev vs Sheamus vs Del Rio vs Neville in a 7-man Ladder match for the US Championship.
Owens would be my winner and new US Champion.

This would leave the rest of my card as:
Sting vs Taker
Reigns vs Triple H (WWE title)
Bray vs Lesnar
Divas
Ambrose vs Y2J (IC title)
Styles vs RKO
New Day vs Duddleys vs Usos (Tag titles)
US title International Ladder match

The card could always change, so could the names participating in the match. It's not the wrestlers who matter, but the overall concept. I thought that with many great talents from various countries, it would be cool to see something like that at Wrestlemania.

Thoughts?

So basically the same thing they did last year but with the US Title. I don't think the country thing is necessary to be honest. It really won't make anything more special. Also, why would the title representing just a singular country be at stake and not the Intercontinental Title which represents at least more so than just the USA?

Seems like you have just made what could be a straight forward idea complicated just for the sake of making it complicated. Not exactly creative, just unnecessary details for Michael Cole and the commentary team to spit out. The country representation is also unnecessary if a title is at stake because the title is where the guy would "in theory" make more money not being simply a rep for his country.

So basically the same thing they did last year but with the US Title. I don't think the country thing is necessary to be honest. It really won't make anything more special. Also, why would the title representing just a singular country be at stake and not the Intercontinental Title which represents at least more so than just the USA?

Seems like you have just made what could be a straight forward idea complicated just for the sake of making it complicated. Not exactly creative, just unnecessary details for Michael Cole and the commentary team to spit out. The country representation is also unnecessary if a title is at stake because the title is where the guy would "in theory" make more money not being simply a rep for his country.

Yeah you're right about the Intercontinental Championship being the best for such scenario. However current circumstances do not allow it, since Ambrose is the champ and I don't want him in this feud.

I thought that these superstars are perfect picks for a ladder match, so since it's convinient, why not throw the country storyline in there?

Its really a nice creative idea. Representation of various nations would increase our interest in the outcomes of the matches. I also agree that Intercontinental Title would be way better option than US Title as its much logical and covers more area. But the problem is, as you mentioned, Ambrose as the IC Champ. So the only solution would be to do it for the Intercontinental Title at Wrestlemania 33. This way, You wouldnot need special guests from NxT as most probably they would have debuted at the main roster by that time.

:devil:

To be honest, I'm sick of these multi-man championship matches at Wrestlemania. If they want to have a crazy ladder match than just get rid of the MITB PPV and start holding the match at Mania again. The reason I say this is because it's so difficult for WWE to properly build a multi-man feud, especially over the title, and especially at Wrestlemania that I'd rather just see a proper build and a one on one or triple threat match. Plus, these matches do nothing for anybody other then the person who wins it. The matches are usually pretty stale and 5 people end up getting overshadowed.

Just give me Sheamus and Kalisto at Mania, and I'll be happy.

Who knows man, that may probably be the plan without the whole country thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back