Wrestlemania 28 goes to Miami

Yes, MSG is clearly getting XXX. They had I, X, and XX. They last time they had a house show there, Cena said "See you at Wrestlemania 30." Probably not so much for Chicago though - since Wrestlemania 22, it's been in a huge stadium (as opposed to an arena) every year, and I doubt they want to have 50,000 less people in attendance if they can help it. They're already going to have to make an exception for MSG, I don't think they'd do it two years in a row. Chicago doesn't have any big indoor stadiums and it's too cold there to have an outdoor one. But nearby Indianapolis has a great chance to host one at some point.

The only reason why WWE holds WM in a place with such small arenas is because for one they KNOW it will sell out in a matter of minutes, and for two, Chicago is, along with St. Louis, a hot bed for wrestling. Also, it's not all that cold here anymore, come April. If it's an indoor stadium they're looking for, we have Huskie Stadium *Correction: Huskie Stadium is outdoors, as is Memorial Stadium, but both are in southern Il* in De Kalb, which would seat around35-40,000 for a wrestling show. Then there's also Memorial Stadium in Champaign that would hold 70-75,000 for a wrestling show.

Anyway, my point is that Chicago is notorious for being a wrestling city. I mean look at what has taken place at the Allstate...Hart Vs. Austin, Jericho's debut, Cena's debut, Foley Vs. Edge, Bret Hart's Hall Of Fame Induction, and don't get me started on Windy City Wrestling, or the NWA, or WCW's history here. Hell, one of the biggest heels in the business right now lives about a 20-minute drive from my house! I'm of course talking about CM Punk (he lives in Lockport). Point is WWE comes here because they know they're going to get a hot crowd, and they know that everything they do here will be absolutely swarmed with people. To prove a point, when 22 was here, I debated on skipping school to go meet Shawn Michaels and Triple H.

I'm from Toronto, so, yes, I am disappointed WrestleMania won't be coming to Toronto...

HOWEVER, I'm seriously pissed off about WrestleMania going to Miami. Since the last PPV in Toronto (Unforgiven 2006), the state of Florida has had/will have 5 pay-per-views by 2012. Orlando just had WrestleMania XXIV and Miami itself has had Survivor Series 2007 AND Survivor Series 2010. The state of Florida will also be getting Extreme Rules 2011. (Not to mention a buttload of Raws and SmackDowns).

If WrestleMania had gone to Indianapolis, I'd have been a lot happier, even though I'd never be able to go to it. Hell, I'd have been happy if WrestleMania went to Wemblay Stadium! But, instead, the WWE proves that they're both California (a topic for another day) and Florida's bitch and will give them whatever the Hell they want while places with a lot of wrestling history like the entire nation of Canada gets fucking house shows. AWESOME....

Still disappointed about Toronto but Sun Life Stadium looks awesome. I may go, have my holiday and stop in at New York as well.

Wow lot of hate in this thread for the WM going to Florida. No Hype had some great points and I will try to add a few of my own as a native of South Florida.

South Florida has always been a wrestling town. From the NWA of the 80's, ECW having Fort Lauderdale as a major hub until around 98, MLW, Nitro's and Raw's in the 90's and 2000's there is a history of wrestling down here. Look at the crowd reaction when you go to a show. Quite frankly half of the raw crowds suck nowadays IMO. You have never seen a dead south florida crowd, even the independent shows down here are decently rowdy.

Also for those of you who are mad about Miami, Miami is like no other city in the world. You go into a burger king and see women who should be models lol. It will also be a great hub to get a mix of local and national celebrities.

South Florida hosted a Superbowl and the ProBowl last year and it was great. There were events from Fort Lauderdale beach to South Beach. Sunlife stadium has just gone thru a big renovation so the Stadum is up to par.

WWE doubled there projected area income with WM24 in Orlando in quite frankly, an old stadium. With the fans down here, Im sure they could do 60m to 70m for the local economy and thats why Miami has been pushing so hard for it.

My only concern that was echoed is what if it rains. Im sure they will have some kind of huge post tent like they did at Wrestlemania 24, but that would really put a dent in a lot of the theatrics like pyro and performances and such.

Due to the economy I had to miss out on Atlanta, but there is no way I am not ringside at WM28 like I was at 24. Hopefully TNA will be out of business by then and I can see Flair and Angle in there return to WM in some capacity.

I honestly don't care where it is as long as it looks awesome and the fans are into it.

having said that, Miami may not be the best place for it. A lot of laid back people in Miami but I would assume since this isn't baseball, you don't just go to it for fun with clients. Tix are expensive so I assume only passionate fans will be there.

I like Outdoor WMs, they look awesome and if the weather is nice it really is a sight to see.

I'm a Cowboys fan so if they hold it in new Cowboys Stadium one day i'd like that. People complaining about where it is are just upset because they want to go, I couldn't care less as long as they don't have it in Iowa (no offense to anyone in Iowa)

As long as WM XXX is in MSG, cause I'll def be there for that.

Got to say, I like the logo for WrestleMania 28. As long as the weather is good, it'll be great. Looking forward to seeing some great wrestlers, as well as the rumoured Rock and Trish Stratus Hall of Fame returns, the potential retirements of The Undertaker and Edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back