Wrestlemania 26 tickets still available?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Con Volt

Your Straight-Edge Savior
So it was reported just minutes ago, with only days before Wrestlemania 26, there are still THOUSANDS of tickets available. I know that in the last year or so, WWE has had a big issue with fillin' up them seats, but damn! Even at Wrestlemania? I remember not even ten years ago when my father and I went to both Wrestlemania 17 & 18, not only were they practically sold out, but they beat the indoor attendance record in both venues. And now, in 2010, with the most anticipated rematch in history AND the in-ring return of the excellence of execution, there are THOUSANDS OF TICKETS UNSOLD. Seriously, WTF.

Now there are a number of excuses we could come up with here. On one hand, you have the fact that it's in the middle of the fucking desert. Perhaps no one felt like going because of the location? I know that didn't stop me in 2001-02, when it was in Houston and Toronto respectfully. (I lived in Washington state then.)

Maybe the stadium this year is just too damn big? I know John Cena said on Jimmy Fallon that they're expecting 65-70,000 people this year. I wonder if that is the current tally of tickets sold OR maybe thats what they are just hoping for? If it's the latter, then the WWE has a serious problem on their hands. Cuz only last year, the attendance was 72,000 with change. in '02 I think it was right around 70,000. And if they can only FIT 70,000ish this year and truly have thousands of tickets still available, then WWE is in some serious shit.

Thoughts?

There's no telling what the reason could be. I do remember before Wrestlemania 24 in Orlando some Tickets were still available and they ended up giving those away for free. So im sure by the weekend they will have gotten rid of the remaining Tickets. I know if I lived Phoenix I would be getting one. I do plan on making Wrestlemania 27 here in Atlanta Next Year.

I would love to buy a ticket but theres no way my parents are gonna go alway the way to Arizona to see wrestlemania. They just don't understand. Well my dad does but he's not a huge wrestling fan he's just a fan and would be just as happy to see it on TV. I am so anxious for wrestlemania only a few days away.

WWE should not be worried at all. I know for a fact that the stadium this year is huge. I have visited the stadium a few times, for I live in Southern California. I wanted to go this year, but I had nobody willing to go with me to Phoenix. I expect WWE to do 65,000 to 72,000 and that would be awesome. It is a wrestling event, so it can possibly hold 80,000 easily. There are only a few places RIGHT NOW that can get that many people. I would say the new Cowboys stadium possibly the Rose Bowl but it is too old. I don't know how many the new new york giants/jets stadium hold, but they could get 80,000 plus if it could hold that many easily. Anything above 60,000, and I believe the WWE will be happy with that. In fact, they will probably break the attentandance record for the stadium. You know the WWE will like that record since the Super Bowl was just played there a few years ago.

It's a stadium in the middle of the fucking dessert, that's why. Arizona is essentially the new retirement home of America, so the core group of people living in the Phoenix area isn't the type of person likely to buy a ticket for a wrestling show. Honestly, Phoenix just doesn't have the big event feel like other cities that have hosted the event have brought to the table.

I'd imagine there will be a significant walk up audience to this show. The only problem I hope we don't have is a dead crowd for Wrestlemania. I'd rather there be 5000 fans that are rabidly involved in the action, then 70,000 people sitting on their ass.

yeah man its crazy i have been to wrestlemania 22,23,24 and 26 will be my next one coming, and am currently in arizona with friends and family, and i had a friend who rode by saying they were advertising talking about the fact that the tickets were selling for 25 dollars....THIS IS NOT A HOUSE Show, this is wrestlemania, wwe has had some major issues making it look like it by doing this....oh yeah btw, the papers say this is going to be the biggest one ever, seems like it by ticket sales

I remember reading reports similar to this before I went to Wrestlemania 24. This really isn't to surprising if you ask me. As Shocky said, Arizona is pretty much the retiremnet home of America. Besdies Wrestlemaina, there really isn't anything else to do or see in Arizona. Wrestlemania 21 was in Los Angles, and there is tons of stuff to do in LA. Wrestlemania 24 was in Orlando, and up there, at least they have Disney World, Universal Studios theme parks, and many other attractions.

Other than die-hard wrestling fans and kids who literally beg their parents, not too many people are going to spend the big bucks for Mania tickets. Again, Arizona isn't a hot spot in the US where people like to vacation or go. So, this really doesn't surprise me.

despite any reports, that place was freaking packed!!!! they didn't tarp off any sections other than behind the camera and even the nosebleeds were jam-packed! i doubt they sold 1000s of tickets in a couple days i was regard those as rumor because after coming back from wm26, the place was definitely full!!!

I live in Phoenix and there is tons of stuff to do here. Espicially in march. Its called Spring Training. There are 15 different baseball teams here right now, 80 degrees out side and not a cloud in the sky (plus no humidity). There is tons of golfing, and outside of new york and LA; tempe, scottsdale, paradise valley and glendale have some of the best clubs in the country. Go see a coyotes or a suns game, both are great this year and are going to the playoffs. Univ of Phx Stadium is one of the best stadiums in the country and when I first went there I said it was the perfect stadium for wrestlemaia. It looks like it was built for wrestlemania. Over the last couple of years we have hosted a Super Bowl, NBA all star game, would have held NHL all star game if they hadn't gone on strike and we hold a college national title game once every 4 years. We are also getting a final four and the mlb all star game. You don't get those by only having old people. If you don't like sports then go to the Grand Canyon or Sedona. We also have a ton of lakes here to go boating.Tempe has Arizona State University which is the largest main campus in the country and is regularly named one of the best party schools every year. Im sick and tired of people saying Phoenix is full of old people. That was true 20 years ago but not any more. We are the fastest growing metro area in the country and the fifth largest city. So don't give me that crap that phoenix doesn't deserve wrestlemania. Im confident that wrestlemania will come here again.

Yeah people, Phoenix isn't a nothing retirement town. I know too because i grew up in Chicago and I live a few hours from Phoenix now. It is a big city with a lot going on.

As for the person who said there wasn't thousands of tickets not sold....you should have looked around more....i was stuck up in the nosebleed section so i got a good view of the whole stadium....there were TONS of empty seats......floor seats all the way up to the nosebleeds. They were still selling BOX tickets the day of the show....for only $100!!!!! that includes catering and everything!!!!!

They definitely did not sell enough tickets and they did not announce breaking an attendance record. I would call their attendance a big FAIL>...they had a lot of people there....i believe it was announced as 72,000....but not enough.....i'm guessing they had 80,000 or so seats..........so yes there were THOUSANDS of empty seats still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back