Would You Push #13: Sweet T (Tensai)

Would you push Sweet T/Tensai

• Push:Yes

• Leave where he is

• Future Endeavored

Results are only viewable after voting.

CultOfPersonality123

The Winter Soldier
I recently saw a thread about this guy and decided I would use him as number 13. Let me be clear I want you to know, we are talking about the Tensai that "no one" knows is Albert. Would you push this version of T dancing with Brodus for the kiddies? He has yet to win a title since returning and has been put down to jobber role. Honestly I'm running out of good Superstars to use for the series feel free to leave an opinion about who should be next since I've been having trouble thinking of decisions. Anyway, would you push T, leave where he is, or future endeavor him (this is a new option im adding).

I wouldn't push him as Sweet T or Tensai, but I would push him as Matt Bloom. Have him come out cut a promo something along the lines of "I've been doing this for over 15 years and stupid gimmick after stupid gimmick has been put on me and I'm done with it. I'm not here to entertain you drunken hicks or your inbred kids. I'm here to hurt people and that is what Matt Bloom is gonna do."

I'd have him be the bad ass he was in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVc2p3mMGlo
Kind of a cross between Scott Norton & Vader.

I don't often engage in fantasy booking, but I had an easy idea to fix Tensai before they rebooted him as Sweet T.

He wasn't getting over because he was a fat white man, cutting promos in Japanese. It didn't make a lick of sense to anyone.

So you have him come out and cut one in English. Have him talk about how during his time in the WWE, he received nothing but scorn and hatred. He was as strong and powerful as a freight train, but all you cared about was his back hair. So he left, and he goes to Japan, and he hones his skill. After dominating the competition, holding the IWGP Tag Titles for a combined total of 907 days, he returns to America. Does he receive a hero's welcome, returning to his homeland as a victorious warrior? Does he finally receive the respect he fought for and earned?

No. Just more scorn, and more ignorance.

"I was to return to this land as a Lord of Destruction, a harbinger of disaster. A monster. But it is you, WWE Universe, you have shown me who the real monster is. An angry mob who will never be satisfied, and is undeserving of my presence."

And then from there you keep the Japanese gimmick and name, but repackage him and Sakamoto as yakuza type crime lords. Bring Yoshi Tatsu in to the fold and deck him out with a yakuza look and attitude too, give him something to do. From there you have Tensai Corporation, a crime syndicate bent on taking the WWE's Title belts, and shuttling them away back to Japan where people will honor and respect them, as the WWE Universe has shown themselves undeserving.

Also, get rid of his finisher, that was the other half of his problem when he returned. It wasn't working. Give him some big splash type maneuver called the Tsunami or something along those lines. Something with big impact that was more convincing then that silly looking face crush nonsense.

I think it would've worked a lot better, because there would have been something to his character beyond "fat white guy, speaks Japanese", and you're building up poor Yoshi at the same time.

Frankly, I just don't see any money in Tensai. He's never been a big star in the states and with his 41st birthday being about 3 months away, I don't see that changing. WWE tried to give him a big push as Tensai but people simply didn't warm up to it. While it was a unique idea to cast a white guy in the role of a big, silent monster heel that'd embraced aspects of the Japanese culture, it wasn't all that good of an idea.

There's just nothing about the guy that makes me want to see him get pushed. Overall, there are much younger and much more talented workers on the roster that I would rather see pushed.

I would leave Sweet T where he is. This is the most interesting he has ever been. I hated him as Albert and A-Train. His return gimmick as Tensai the Japanese character was 100% useless. He was supposed to be this big scary guy, but all it did was make me roll on the floor laughing at how stupid it was. Then he met Brodus Clay and the two of them formed an entertaining tag team. Sure their dancing act is rather silly, but it gives them both something to do when both of them were boring as heck in their respective previous personas. I do not see them ever getting the giant pennies, but they can be used for enhancement talent when facing other tag teams who need momentum going into title matches and giving the fans something silly in between more intense matches so they can relax and just enjoy the show.

I would NOT, however, push Sweet T to anything beyond where he is. He royally sucked in his previous gimmicks and his current persona would not work without Brodus. They are too silly to be taken seriously as Tag Team Champions, so they are jobbers to other tag teams but would continue to see plenty of time onscreen to dance for the fans. No singles push though. It's not worth it. He sucks without this team and he found his calling. Had he still been in his previous persona I would have been very quick to select the future endeavoured option. If I had the decision making power I would keep him in this tag team with a couple of title shots down the line on rare occassion but mainly jobbing for other tag teams who need a victory going into their own title matches.

Matt Bloom is a really solid worker but (& this was my fear when they resigned him) he never really even did much or really got over in his first run, which is pretty odd considering he is even less over now & days. He is a good talent to have around but I just don't ever see him becoming more than average mid-carder at best.

I would leave Sweet T in his current role as a jobber/lower mid-card tag team but I would either switch him back to Tensai & pair him with someone different than Brodus Clay or just give him an entirely new gimmick all together.

one of the major problems with anything using Tensai:

"Alllbbeeerrrt.....Alllbbeeerrrt...."

the crowd knows that he has been around forever and flopped; and they are right. hes very generic in the ring, cant talk, and is a fat white guy. no one has been able to help him, even Taker tried back in the late 90s, when Albert tagged with Big Show/ Paul Wight in a handicapped match at WM 16 [I think that was it]. he is getting older each day. hes good where he is imo.

Future endeavored. They tried. They pushed him over Cena. Now he's a comedy jobber. His debut was awful, they tried repackaging once, and even if they try to turn him and Brodus on each other, they're too irrelevant to o anything.

I don't often engage in fantasy booking, but I had an easy idea to fix Tensai before they rebooted him as Sweet T.

He wasn't getting over because he was a fat white man, cutting promos in Japanese. It didn't make a lick of sense to anyone.

THIS!! Turn him back into A-Train and make him a monster heel!

The problem with threads like this and wrestling in general is that not all wrestlers can or should be pushed.

We need jobbers and we need enhancement talent.

Wrestling has moved on from taping three episodes of superstars of wrestling where the Rosta only have squash matches over local wrestlers, Steve Lombardi and the conquistadors.

Wrestlers like bloom can earn a decent living jobbing to the stars or the guys that are getting pushed.

The cream rise to the top and the likes of matt bloom are there to help them on their way.

Tensai, sweet T and Albert has always done this role in wwe and it will continue. But like every enhancement talent they need an initial push so the fans buy them as jobbers

Tensai is being booked perfectly

I recently created a similar thread. I think Sweet T should turn on Brodus and go back to being a modified REAL AMERICAN version of Tensai or just Matt Bloom and still join the REAL AMERICANS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back