Would You Like To See A "Reset" Edition Of Raw?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
A few weeks ago, the WWE did an episode of SmackDown! that was almost entirely wrestling based. The primary matches consisted of Edge vs. Kane in a Last Man Standing match for the World Heavyweight Championship, Dolph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston for the Intercontinental Championship, The Big Show vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Drew McIntyre in a Fatal 4-Way #1 Contender's match for the World Heavyweight Championship and a 2 out of 3 falls match featuring Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio.

All of these matches, with one exception, were blow offs to existing feuds that'd been going on for a while and was pretty much universally praised as an incredible SmackDown!.

I've seen the word "reset" used lots of times to describe the show and the way it was booked. Do you think it'd be a good idea for Raw to do a similarly styled episode in the future with an almost ppv feel to it to blow off some long lasting feuds?

i think to have all begin, end or whatever at the same time is stupid. Every fued should be different and ended in the time that best fits that fued. This almost reminds me off the reset button being pushed on wcw. That was in 2000 when nothing wcw did was good and that was near the top.

I believe that the WWE should do this a few times a year. For the most part that SD was fricking awesome. The Kane Vs Edge was amazing, I've been a fan of Kane's for years and Believe him to be one of the best bigger workers in the books today. He's not the best, but always busts his ass for the WWE.

I like long feuds if they are booked right. The WWE did book them right on this show. We had show giving a rub as one of the most notable superstars ever to younger guys that will be the future. While they will not take his spot, he's been in the main event for years and definitely could have helped boost some of their stock in the main event scene.

And also lets face it, Del rio vs Rey was a classic heel vs face match. They are both of Latino background and they are fighting for supremacy over each other. It was a great match, I believe Del rio can play a face, but for the most part early in his days he will get branded as a heel due to him just playing that character so well. Ray is very injury prone and while being at the "end of his days" as some would say I believe he can still put on a great match as shown here.

Dolph handing over the title to Kofi was kind of cool. Kofi is a great high flyer with a lot of face pops that deserves to carry a belt. His run for the belt for the past few months put on a lot of great matches to.

All together if Raw could do this I would be sort of surprised. I'm beating a dead issue here but I'm so sick of seeing Cena on raw and in every main event and "big" match on raw. OK we get it he sells a lot of Tee's. Big whoop, put on a few main events or huge matches without him. Just because he's not got the belt on him doesn’t state that Vince and Co. aren't looking at him more than the Miz. The Miz in how many years went from being a Mic jockey to an actually good wrestler. Shoot me for saying that, but damn he's surprising me playing the heel the way he is.

I also feel the need for the WWE to build Santino as more of a wrestler. For the love of god look at the guy he was in Ovw, he was a great wrestler. Can't we build him as Kozlov training him or something? Jesus Santino was a Russian fighter in Ovw it's not that much of a change for him. Keep him funny on the stick and let him do some moves that aren't a joke.

All comments about Daniel Bryan need not be spoken. Good enough

If the WWE can take the raw brand out of John Cena's ass and build the Miz as more of a main eventer and actually give one of their champions some moves then yes they can pull it off. They have the feuds to do it outside of the main event to make it happen. But for it to work and follow the SD way you need a good set of champions.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I was worried the OP was going to position a "reset" the way WCW did back in April of 2000. However, the topic does have some legs to be legitimate.

I agree that there are storylines that need to be killed. The John Cena/Nexus angle has been a dead horse that the WWE just keeps beating to eek out a few more dollars. John Morrison vs. Sheamus is starting to be overdone as the result continues to be John Morrison winning the majority of the time. It would make sense if they continued the Sheamus/JoMo feud if Sheamus actually won at least half the time.

Smackdown took the opportunity to reset feuds which was done tastefully and drew a lot of praise. If RAW would do something similar it would be beneficial. I agree with Uncle Phatso that the show DOESNT need to revolve around Cena. He can be a cash cow without having to be out there numerous times.

I think resetting, if meaning ending feuds and done periodically all on one show, can garner interest in what will happen next and get fans wondering who will feud with who.

well i dont think that the jomo sheamus fued is really dragging on, its only because its rumble time so they arent really focusing as much on everyone's storyline. i doubt they will cross paths again after the rumble.

but i think the reset idea works better for smackdown im not sure how it would look on raw, maybe it will maybe it won't. but i really can't tell without actually seeing it on raw

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back