Tommy Dreamer wins ECW title
Randy Orton v. Triple H
Vince McMahon v. E. Stanley Kroenke
The Big Edgy Love Triangle feat. Vickie Guerrero
Kane v. Khali
PG Rating
Guest Hosts take over Raw

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

The guests hosts get a bad rap a lot of the time, but there have been some fantastic guest hosts, so it is not getting my pick.

Quite simple, hornswoggle forced me to turn off my TV. Each and every week, I was sickened by him making a shitty Chavo look like Jimmy Noble. It was poorly run, and I really cant see how anyone one, child or not likes it.

Chavo vs. Hornswoggle. It was blindingly obvious that nobody was enjoying those segments, yet week after week they were on RAW. The feud was seemingly endless and amazingly uninteresting. I'm pretty sure the crowd was completely silent through most of those segments, and the TV audience had to suffer as well. What came out of it? nothing. It was boring, very boring. That gets my vote for being ridiculously unentertaining.

Additionally, the rest of the options at least had some merit.

I will say the worst thing that happened to wwe in this year would easily be moving to pg ratings. It is horrible to see what slow,uneventful wwe has become with the hole pg thing. A brutal and hardcore match like hell in cell, ec or last man standing without blood seems pathetic. I mean blood takes the story of hatred between two man to another level.See where wwe was with attitude thing with likes of thing done by DX,Austin n company. PG sucks.Enough said.

I voted for "guest hosts take over Raw", but that was more because I hate the guest host concept so much. You can't really call that an actual storyline though. So, I would say that the worst storyline of the year was Chavo VS Hornswoggle because it was a feud that no one cared about and many of us got so tired of it. They kept it going for far too long and that made a lot of people upset.

I had to vote for Randy Orton vs Triple H. How they could go from Orton's awesome Rumble win and such a long build up to WM25 and destroy the match, then go through another 3 - 4 months of predictable shit. I mean the main event at Mania is meant to be exciting, entertaining. It just wasn't.

I agree with slow dude, it was Orton vs. Triple H. I mean everything started so perfectly with Orton winning the Rumble, then he says he has IED, beats up Shane, gets owned by Triple H in a house segment, loses to Trips at WM, wins weakly at Backlash, faces Triple H AGAIN after taking him and Batista getting injured. It was a feud that did not need to happen and it effectively destroyed Orton's momentum and credibility. His feud with Cena brought things up again as well as Kofi, but Triple H and Orton just ruined Orton's year and Triple H's bail out was to reform DX...joy!

How does the PG rating count as a storyline? It isn't one, it's never even been mentioned on-screen. Nonetheless, it doesn't matter, because Chavo vs Hornswoggle is the worst obviously. Chavo is an entertaining wrestler and he's not bad on the mic, so it's a shame to see him wasted like he has been. He's never going to be a main eventer, but he could be a solid midcarder (see his ECW title run) and for some inexplicable reason they are jobbing him to a leprachaun.

I voted the Santina storyline.

That was a horrible way to end a WM match. I found the matches and promos a complete waste of time and no body wants see Vickie Guerrero and Chavo face Santina at a pay per view.

All in all, I think it was a complete waste of WWE time.

Its kind of obvious choice since the whole thing with Chavo that everyone talks about mostly every thread besides the Victory Road match with Sharmell and J. I have been a fan of the wrestling business since late 80's and very early 90's. This whole PG thing isn't really WWE style no matter what Vince's motive might be with this whole thing. Its not really good for business and we the fans are the ones taking a hit and dis like of whats going on with the product.

I didn't like the way Triple H and Orton ended either, but at least it was entertaining at first. Vince vs. Kroenke was stupid too, along with Donald Trump buying Raw. Kane and Khali didn't last that long for me to care. The PG rating is what it is, not really a storyline. At first I didn't think this was a storyline, but after months of matches and skits, Chavo vs. Hornswoggle became the worst storyline EVER.

I know some people defend it because they are either blind or easily entertained, but it was too much. Week after week just got to be sillier and sillier. Especially the tired gimmick matches. The matches were more offensive then Hornswoggle pinning Chavo. I didn't mind seeing Chavo beaten by Hornswoggle, I just didn't want to see it every week taking up a decent chunk of the show.

You could write a book about how bad that storyline is. It's like WWE said lets take something annoying and mildly amusing and shove it down the viewers throats until the ratings diminish and we lose our audience. Good job Vince, mission accomplished.

I understand where the votes for Chavo and Hornswoggle came from, but I voted for the PG rating. I think of it like this, Were the PG rating not there, I don't think Hornswoggle would be either. I[m positive he is there for the kids, No PG should = No Kids which = No Chavo jobbing to Hornswoggle.

Tommy Dreamer wins the ECW Championship.

It would have been perfectly fine, if y'know, Tommy Dreamer was popular in WWE. Sabu & The Sandman appeared to be, Dreamer, not so much.

It also might've been more acceptable if Dreamer was talented/had done anything since the original ECW/retired straight after. Instead he carried on wrestling, with lesser reactions each time. Intead of giving Christian one solid title reign he's now had two average reigns.

6 months on Dreamer couldn't even get on the Survivor Series card, which is one of the easier ones to get on. So what was the point? Now he's in the exact same position he was before, never to be pushed again and his reign has all but been forgotten.

Out of all the storyline nominated here, i've got to say the vince McMahon vs E Stanley Kroenke was by far the worst. This was such a stupid thing to do and didn't help The WWE at all. In fact, it help the denver nuggets a lot more that it did The WWE and didn't help the reputation of the WWE.

Has to be Edge and Vickie. Anyone else grossed out by their PDA? I was. It was gross, and to be honest, was stupid. But it ended well with Edge kicking her to the curb. It was great. And a great way to end it. But while it was going on, it was bad. Real bad. And I was soooo glad to see it was gone.

Hornswoggle and Chavo. Once would have been tolerable, but literally three months of shit matches, unfunny segments and dwarf antics were beyond a joke. It was completely gash, and brought down a load of other people with it. It is because of this feud that Masters went absolutely nowhere when he debuted, and it even sucked in mark Henry at one point. Totally gash.

Is Hornswoggle/Chavo even considered a feud? I guess it is now that I think about it, but I already voted for it for worst match of the year, so I'll go with something else.

The WWE v. Nuggets thing was just stupid. Sure, it gave WWE some mainstream attention, but the Raw that followed was pure shit. Nobody wants to listen to Vince McMahon make penis jokes toward an imperonator. If you do, there is something wrong. Just a stupid thing that lead to an awful show that no one cared about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back