Worst Performance By An Oscar Winning Actor Or Actress

Who Wins The Zonie Worst Performance By An Oscar Winner?

• Jon Voight (Superbabaies)

• Sean Connery

• Christopher Walken

• Robert De Niro

• Michael Caine

• Forest Whitaker

• Judi Dench

• Morgan Freeman

• Cuba Gooding Junior

• Orson Welled

• Denzel Washington

• Jon Voight (The Karate Dog)

• Halle Berry

• Kathy Bates

• Jack Nicholson

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

2011 Zonie Awards

Nominees for Worst Performance By An Oscar Winning Actor Or Actress

Jon Voight (Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2)

Sean Connery (The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

Christopher Walken (The Country Bears)

Robert De Niro (The Adventures Of Rocky And Bullwinkle)

Michael Cane (Bewitched)

Forest Whitaker (Battlefield Earth)

Judi Dench (The Chronicles Of Riddick)

Morgan Freeman (Wanted)

Cuba Gooding Junior (Daddy Day Camp)

Orson Welles (Transformers: The Movie)

Denzel Washington (Training Day)

Jon Voight (The Karate Dog)

Halle Berry (Catwoman)

Kathy Bates (Rat Race)

Jack Nicholson (As Good As It Gets)

*discussion will be open until Wednesday, June 2nd, on which date the polls will open and voting will be permitted. No spamming, no flaming.

I'd have to say Jon Voight in Superbabies, just look at the title and you know it's bad. Unfortunatly I had to watch this travesty of a movie with my younger siblings and I must say that was quite possibly the worst thing ive ever watched.
On another note even though it's a weird movie for Walken to be in I thought he was hilarious as always.

Wait a minute... how is Denzel in this category for Training Day?? He was NOMINATED for the Best Actor Oscar for that role. How can anyone say it was one of the worst performances? Unless this was already argued in the nominations threads, I call bullshit.

I like Halle Berry, but she will get my vote on this one. Catwoman was an awful film, and Berry hasn't starred in anything worth remembering since this piece of shit was released.

First of all, PATIENCE PHILLIPS???? Who in the fuck came up with that terrible name? Catwoman is and will always be Selina Kyle. The character was bad, and I always felt this Catwoman was way too flashy. Berry's costume made her look a like clown, and her performance here didn't help things either. Berry never managed to make me feel anything for Catwoman here. I didn't want to hate her, I didn't want to like her, and I didn't want to root for her in any way. Halle just seemed to be going through the motions here, and it really showed a lot of times. Oh, and the final showdown between Berry and Sharon Stone was one of the most underwhelming duels I've ever seen.

Berry was on a nice run before Catwoman, but I think her career took a dive after this one.

DeNiro in Rocky & Bullwinkle. I haven't seen it in years, the fact I saw it once was bad enough, but when you've got one of the best actors of all time doing a parody of himself, and failing, you know you're in trouble.

Not the worst film on the list, but DeNiro should know better. Voight, Walken, Gooding Jr, etc have all done worse than the films listed.

Some of these aren't bad performances anyway, they're just good actors in shit films.

Most of these movies are total shit. Geez.

I went with Cuba in Daddy Day Camp. Most of us here are wrestling fans.. So, there is prolly one guy you look back on his career and go "What the fuck..? He should've been BIG." Every time I see one of Cuba's movies these days, I wonder what happened. The guy is a great actor but whoever is letting him choose his movies needs to be slapped. Hard.

Worst Performance By An Oscar Winning Actor Or Actress

Jon Voight (Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2) - Voight has done a solid amount of trash in his day, and is about as overrated as they come. He might get my vote, in more of a "Life Time Achievement" sort of thing.

Sean Connery (The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen) - I found Connery to be the lone bright spot in this horrendous pile of garbage. So, no, I cannot bring myself to vote for Connery, at least not here.

Christopher Walken (The Country Bears) - No idea what this is.

Robert De Niro (The Adventures Of Rocky And Bullwinkle) - Like Voight, DeNiro has done his fair share of trash. However, DeNiro is about 20x as talented, so he gets a pass. However, this whole film was an abomination.

Michael Cane (Bewitched) - Haven't seen the film, and probably never will.

Forest Whitaker (Battlefield Earth) - This whole thing was a joke, but, the guy needed to do what he needed to do. Wasn't a big star yet, so I understand taking any opportunity given.

Judi Dench (The Chronicles Of Riddick) - Must have wanted a big check. That's really the only reason I can see for her involvement.

Morgan Freeman (Wanted) - Freeman does his share of shit, just like Voight. He was probably the best part of this movie. Wow, I cannot believe I actually watched this :blush:

Cuba Gooding Junior (Daddy Day Camp) - Gooding has done anything worth talking about in years, and I doubt this is the worst thing he has done.

Orson Welles (Transformers: The Movie) - A voice over? Who cares?

Denzel Washington (Training Day)
- He won an Academy Award for this. I'm guessing this is some sort of error....

Jon Voight (The Karate Dog) - Yep, here he is.... again.

Halle Berry (Catwoman) - This should win. Berry is terrible, in 95% of what she does. This is probably the worst comic book film I have ever seen, and oddly enough, she was the worst thing in it.

Kathy Bates (Rat Race)
- Haven't seen it.

Jack Nicholson (As Good As It Gets) - Like Denzel earlier, Nicholson WON the Oscar for this film. Another error? I hope so.

I nominated 'Rat Race' for being a triple play Oscar insult, this film is that devoid of anything humorous it will leave you in a raging bad temper. Worse still, it is that bad that you cannot figure out how many known actors got drawn in (the ONLY reason I can think off is they believed it might have a 'Cannonball Run' vibe). THREE Oscars winners signed up for this dung - Kathy Bates, Cuba Gooding Jnr and Whoopi Goldberg and it was directed by one of the guys who created 'Airplane' and 'The Naked Gun'. You will have to have seen this film to fully understand how excremental it is and vote for it here but, if you haven't, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy - so go with what you know but trust me, there is a good chance even Voight and Walken (who'll appear in anything) would have turned this down:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back