Worst/Least Deserving guy to headline a 'Mania

Wonder

The baddest Fella in whole Europe.
Keep in mind, that my idea to this thread, is for you to comment what was, in your opinion the worst or less deserving wrestler to headline, and when i say i meant the actual main event, as the match that ends the show.

You can also mention , if you want, the wrestlers that less deserved a WWE/World Heavyweight Championship Match at Wrestlemania.

To me i would have to say King Kong Bundy at Mania II - I do understand that at the time people really cared about Big Guy vs Strong Guy kind of match, but in a steel cage, the match, to me, as awful, and shortly after that he wasn't mentioned much, well, that until he returned years later, to have another awful match at Mania, this time with Taker. :wtf:

As to a WWE/WHC match, i would have to say again, KKB, and JBL, as i just think, he, during his (almost a year) WWE Championship reign, didn't have much to show, and as Mania as perfect opportunity to redeem himself, he just had, in my opinion one of the worst WWE Championship matches at Mania, with upcoming star John Cena. I guess, that he chose a more proper day to redeem himself, let's call it Judgment Day. :rolleyes:

But that's just IMO. What do you think about this subject?

Easy one...........Lawrence Taylor and Bam Bam Bigelow at WM11. The match sucked, LT couldn't wrestle to save his life, Bam Bam was no where near being the top heel in the company at the time. They closed the show with it and it absolutely sucked.

I think the WWE has done a tremendous job at booking main event matches for WrestleMania. Sometimes they put the wrong match last, but it's always clear what the real main event is at every show.

My immediate reaction was to say Lawrence Taylor. Why should the WWE ever book an NFL player in the main event of Wrestlemania!?! Then I remember that Mr. T was in the main event of the very first Wrestlemania, and both matches brought a lot of main stream attention to the industry. The amazing thing is that Lawrence Taylor didn't even look half bad clunking around the ring with Bam Bam. If anything I'd say that either King Kong Bundy or Bam Bam himself are the two that never deserved to main event a show.

I think if this gets rolling a lot of people will end up saying the Miz deserves it less, because when you look at the list of people that have main evented WrestleMania, his name stands the least chance of being remembered in 10 years. But the Miz was the hottest heel in wrestling during his WWE Championship reign, and I'm glad he got to prove himself with John Cena and the Rock at the end of the show.

Also, JBL deserved that spot. He was the heel that turned John Cena into the super face. He had legendary feuds with Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero, and his time as champion was something unique that EVERYONE hated him for. He was a perfect heel, and when the time came to FINALLY put him down, John Cena was the lucky bastard that got to do it. There was no better main event for that PPV and JBL deserved every second of the time he got on top of the company.

After looking at every main event they've had in the last 27 years, I really think they all served a purpose. Gun to my head, I would probably pick Bam Bam and Lawrence Taylor. It did bring in media attention, but it was BY FAR the most underwhelming WrestleMania main event to ever be booked. Trust me, I watched every single one of them in the month of March this year...

LT/Bam Bam is a very good pick and one of the first that popped into my head but (and I will probably catch heat for this) I would have to also say Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 9. I am not a Hulk "hater" by any means but to run in at the end of the real main event and win the title in 8 seconds or whatever it was is absolute garbage. But to be fair, the entire show was pretty awful.

Well, my initial reaction has to go with Lawrence Taylor at WMXI but just to throw another name in the hat, Hulk Hogan at WMIX.

Bret Hart v Yokozuna for the WWF title, I wouldn't necessarily say Yoko was the most deserving guy on the planet, but for the era I think he was appropriate and they were building him up after winning the Rumble that year. So he successfully defeats Hart for the title after cheating, at which point a completely undeserving Hulk Hogan emerges to challenge Yoko "for Bret's pride" and after having no involvement in the story line whatsoever up to that point (he'd previously wrestled earlier in the night alongside Brutus Beefcake to take on Money Inc.) he enters the ring and quickly makes little of Yokozuna to end the PPV as the new WHC.

Never was an example of backstage politicking more obvious. He further showed how much he didn't deserve this honor by walking out of WWE later that year for a lucrative deal with WCW.

The Miz WM 27, not that he was abad WWE Champion, i just dont think he was ready to Main Event Wrestlemania. Bigelow and Taylor at WM 11 and Hogan at WM 9 are just a few that come to mind.

Well, my initial reaction has to go with Lawrence Taylor at WMXI but just to throw another name in the hat, Hulk Hogan at WMIX.

Bret Hart v Yokozuna for the WWF title, I wouldn't necessarily say Yoko was the most deserving guy on the planet, but for the era I think he was appropriate and they were building him up after winning the Rumble that year. So he successfully defeats Hart for the title after cheating, at which point a completely undeserving Hulk Hogan emerges to challenge Yoko "for Bret's pride" and after having no involvement in the story line whatsoever up to that point (he'd previously wrestled earlier in the night alongside Brutus Beefcake to take on Money Inc.) he enters the ring and quickly makes little of Yokozuna to end the PPV as the new WHC.

Never was an example of backstage politicking more obvious. He further showed how much he didn't deserve this honor by walking out of WWE later that year for a lucrative deal with WCW.

Actually it was the WWF at that time still and not WWE, as far as Hulk Hogan's winning of the WWF World Title goes, no matter how big a star Hulkster was, something tells me that Vince McMahon was the one that more likely than not made that call. Let's be honest, I loved Bret Hart's in ring work to death and he's easily a top ten of all time favorite. The performance against Roddy Piper for the IC Title the year before at Mania 8 was classic and of course Bret would only continue to outdo himself at WrestleManias afterwards, his double header at X (where he avenged his loss to Yokozuna anyway, which I think was really the plan all along even with them teasing Luger as the new Hogan) and his matches with Austin and HBK were the stuff of legend.

However, we're forgetting it's Vince's company at the end of the day and by saying that this was all backstage politics especially when I sincerely doubt you were even in Las Vegas that night, makes me seriously shake my head. Yes, Hogan had a long hiatus and came back and won the WWF World Title, there were some plot holes there, but at the same time, it is Hulk Hogan we're talking about, look at it this way, Randy Savage was almost out of action for a whole year and after only three months of being back in action he beat Ric Flair for the World Title. Is that really any different? I think not.

As far as Yokozuna being made short work of...well he already did wrestle an entire match against Bret Hart and Mr. Fuji's mistimed cheating did Yoko in. So it's not exactly a signature Hogan moment here where he soundly beat an opponent. Plus you are forgetting that a couple months later, Hogan dropped the title back to Yokozuna and put him over even further as a massive heel.

All my love to the Hitman here, but think about it, Yokozuna's victory over Hulk Hogan the biggest face of that time was a great way to go. Flair's title loss should probably have been held off and timed with an earlier Hogan return so Hogan could have won it back and then Hogan could have dropped it to Yokozuna that way. And therefore it probably would have made more sense to hold off on Bret's first ever title win until the following Mania since I think that part of the dynamic with him losing it and then Hogan winning it sucked, but just the same it still happened and we have to accept it. Also, Yokozuna had a HUGELY successful run as a heel champion too, not since Superstar Billy Graham did anyone hold the (W)WWF World Title as a heel for an extended period of time.

And in the end, Bret got his redemption against Yokozuna at the Mania after. Now I know there have always been these stories about Bret (even according to him) that there was supposed to be a Hogan-Hart match at SSlam 93, however I think a lot of what Bret said in regards to that is a work. Just like so much of what you see in wrestling is a work, even when it's not on a wrestling show. These people's jobs involve working a gimmick even when you don't think they are. So if you want to buy into all that backstage rumor crap as being gospel, be my guest, but seriously you really have to think to yourself why you'd want to believe an account of something that you weren't even a witness to. Seriously, man.

In fact if anything, Hogan did business the way it's always been done in wrestling, you go and you lose the World Title before leaving the organization to retire or jumping ship. To me it just seems like you are another anti-Hogan type that just wants to find yet another reason (an ungrounded one at that) to air your discontent.

But anyway I digress, Hogan was your pick and that's all well and good, but definitely for the wrong reasons, it's one thing if you didn't like the creative aspect of the angle, but to read you assume that you know why it REALLY happened is pathetic.

Now for my actual pick of least deserving Mania headliner, as much as I hate to say it because I think he was someone with great potential but it was Brock Lesnar, as unappealing in hindsight that Lawrence Taylor's one time Mania appearance was, we at least knew that it was the "First Time, Only Time, Last Time" as WWF billed it. However with Lesnar this was the guy that everyone thought would be the standard bearer. Such was not the case.

He goes and wins the biggest match of his career against a great competitor like Kurt Angle and a year later he decides he does not want to do this for a living anymore.

Say all you want about Hulk Hogan but the first nine WrestleManias built around Hogan all had a pay off and the portrayer of the character did the business the way it was supposed to be done. No one on this board can convince me otherwise and I would love to hear any and all rebuttals on my pick with Brock Lesnar, but I do think the record shows how that was a folly of WWE.

Its easily Lawrence Taylor but.................... he was not an actual wrestler, WWF did what they did at that time because it was necessary for them, they needed media attention and hell they got it.
My pick for the most undeserving Wrestlemania main eventer will be Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 9. I am huge Hogan fan, but what he did at that time just seemed stupid and an insult to Bret Hart and Yokozuna. This guy had been out of action for several months and then he comes in at Wrestlemania and ruins the main-event and leaves with the WWF Title just so the fans could go home happy. As much as great work WWE have done in making Wrestlemania successful, this was an outright stupid and bland idea.

It's hard to say who "deserved" to main event mania when everyone who did (apart from mr t and Taylor) worked there arse off to get there and was in the right storyline and right gimmick at the right time

JBL - may not have been a multi time WWE champ and the best in the ring but at the time of his mania moment he was the best top heel and had the longest reign in smackdown history
Miz - he was the top heel for most if not all of 2010 so it made sence to put him in the main event
Yokozuna - again at the time he was an unstoppable force in the WWE

If I had to pick it would be Lawrence Taylor vs bam bam
The match and story was good but to place it on the top of the card? Fans nowadays would have a riot! No celebrity who just wants abit of money and limelight should be in the main event

Lawrence Taylor vs Bam Bam Bigelow definitely unnecessary as the final match of wm11. It should have ended with Michaels vs Diesel or Bret Hart vs Bob Backlund. I also believe Hogan/Rock should have ended wm18.

If we are considering future WM, is it wrong for me to mention the rock? He has been out of the buisness for years pursuing his hollywood career and then comes back for a month, shows up a couple of times, and then gets a main event match for the title? IMO doesnt deserve it, he was a big wrestling name back in the attitude era, now he is a movie star.

If we are considering future WM, is it wrong for me to mention the rock? He has been out of the buisness for years pursuing his hollywood career and then comes back for a month, shows up a couple of times, and then gets a main event match for the title? IMO doesnt deserve it, he was a big wrestling name back in the attitude era, now he is a movie star.

yeah i totally agree! i would have loved a triple threat at mania 27 with Rock Vs Cena Vs The Miz with The Miz winning but come on! A man who left the business for 7 years gets to main event the biggest show of the year? Am i lookin forward to it? YES! do i agree with it business wise? YES! but as a true fan i do still feel its kinda messed up and taking away from talent that work their asses off everyday for the company

Am i lookin forward to it? YES! do i agree with it business wise? YES! but as a true fan i do still feel its kinda messed up and taking away from talent that work their asses off everyday for the company

Yeah exactly, dont get me wrong im definately looking foward to seeing the match, but i would have much prefered to see a younger talent take the WM main event spot such as the miz or john morrison

I think it depends on how you define "deserve." A guy like LT obviously did not deserve the spot in the sense that he has no wrestling background and was an outsider to the industry and the company. However, I think it is fair to question if his drawing power was bigger than some other WM main eventers, and if so, then in that sense he wasn't the least deserving main eventer.

I don't think LT's opponent really mattered. I think they could have matched him up with any decent heel and the draw for the show would have been the same since. So I think Bam Bam is a good candidate for the least deserving WM main eventer. I think LT was a much bigger draw than Bam Bam was for that show.

I think Miz is another decent candidate in the sense that the real main event people wanted to see (and that the storyline was entirely based around) was Cena vs Rock. Miz didn't really matter in this feud. The Rock and Cena were the draw for the show as far as that main event was concerned. For example, I think Alberto Del Rio could have easily been thrown in as Cena's opponent instead of Miz and it wouldn't have changed the buy rate one bit, because people wanted to see what was going to happen with Cena and The Rock. And Miz was never put in the the main event of a PPV prior to this one, at least I don't think he was. He was far from established as a guy who could draw on PPV.

I think Big Show at 'Mania 16 is another one. Even post-retirement Foley seemed like a more legit main event presence since he was just main eventing PPVs with HHH right before that show. The Big Show was mostly booked as a mid-card guy early in his WWE tenure, if I remember correctly. HHH and The Rock were the main stars in this match. Big Show didn't really matter in this one.

And this might sound blasphemous, but what about Mania 4 with Macho and DiBiase? I wasn't really old enough at the time to have a good sense of how big of a draw that match would have been at that time if it was announced going into the show. I mean, were those guys big enough stars at the time to actually revolve Wrestlemania around? Instead Mania was built around a tournament. I think way more people were tuning in to see another Hogan/Andre match rather than to see a potential Macho/DiBiase main event. I know that many hardcore fans would prefer the Macho/DiBiase match, but would that match have had much drawing power if it was the focal point to the build of Wrestlemania 4? The main feud heading into this Mania was still Hogan/Andre, I think.

big show at wm 16 - no need to put him in there, made it a bit of a cluster f*ck, plus hes never been that great a worker,...

speaking of horrible workers......

sid at wm 8 and 13; teriible worker, clumsy, has no business lacing hogan or takers boots much less main eventing wrestlemania with them....

I think it depends on how you define "deserve." A guy like LT obviously did not deserve the spot in the sense that he has no wrestling background and was an outsider to the industry and the company. However, I think it is fair to question if his drawing power was bigger than some other WM main eventers, and if so, then in that sense he wasn't the least deserving main eventer.

I don't think LT's opponent really mattered. I think they could have matched him up with any decent heel and the draw for the show would have been the same since. So I think Bam Bam is a good candidate for the least deserving WM main eventer. I think LT was a much bigger draw than Bam Bam was for that show.

I think Miz is another decent candidate in the sense that the real main event people wanted to see (and that the storyline was entirely based around) was Cena vs Rock. Miz didn't really matter in this feud. The Rock and Cena were the draw for the show as far as that main event was concerned. For example, I think Alberto Del Rio could have easily been thrown in as Cena's opponent instead of Miz and it wouldn't have changed the buy rate one bit, because people wanted to see what was going to happen with Cena and The Rock. And Miz was never put in the the main event of a PPV prior to this one, at least I don't think he was. He was far from established as a guy who could draw on PPV.

I think Big Show at 'Mania 16 is another one. Even post-retirement Foley seemed like a more legit main event presence since he was just main eventing PPVs with HHH right before that show. The Big Show was mostly booked as a mid-card guy early in his WWE tenure, if I remember correctly. HHH and The Rock were the main stars in this match. Big Show didn't really matter in this one.

And this might sound blasphemous, but what about Mania 4 with Macho and DiBiase? I wasn't really old enough at the time to have a good sense of how big of a draw that match would have been at that time if it was announced going into the show. I mean, were those guys big enough stars at the time to actually revolve Wrestlemania around? Instead Mania was built around a tournament. I think way more people were tuning in to see another Hogan/Andre match rather than to see a potential Macho/DiBiase main event. I know that many hardcore fans would prefer the Macho/DiBiase match, but would that match have had much drawing power if it was the focal point to the build of Wrestlemania 4? The main feud heading into this Mania was still Hogan/Andre, I think.

Well, what i meant with less deserving , is the wrestler you think didn't have any business main eventing a Wrestlemania, lacking either talent, draw power or charisma.

That's why i did mention TL because i believe he was a big draw power to that Mania, and besides, i don't think he did that bad on that match, as to me, he clearly tried his best.

Miz, this year, i think he did a great job building up the match for Mania. Of course, people were more interested in Rock vs Cena, but i think he established himself very good in the feud, making it feel important. Too bad the match was kinda of flop, and in my opinion, due to Cena being upset and cry baby about losing his first match at Mania. Just watch the match weeks later at Raw, much much good.

The main event of 2000 was poorly booked, i agree, the mania itself sucked. I understand Foley wanting revenge from HHH, because losing his carrer at NWO, but he (and Show) had no place to main event that Mania. It should have been Rock vs HHH all along without a clusterfuck ending, but they saved the match for Backlash and JD.

Speaking of Mania IV, i don't have any complaints about the main event, being Million Dollar Man and Savage, two top dogs of the company, and i feel both belonged there, and it was a fresh main event, without Hogan. But i do find stupid, WWF promoting Hogan vs Andre on the posters, when that match already happened a year before, and was booked as a 5 minute quarter final match, that finished in a double DQ. :wtf:

In terms of just wrestlers, it would definitely be the miz. He didnt even matter in the feud heading into wrestlemania. it was all the rock and cena, with the miz just being there to remind you he would be wrestling. Kane, Barrett, and CM Punk were all bigger heels during the year than the miz, yet the miz main evented? after almost loosing to the announcer??? no, just no.

Sgt. Slaughter at WM 7: Don't get me wrong, Slaughter's contributed a lot to the company but it seemed that the only reason he was in the main event was to roll on the cheap heat of the Iraqi conflict. The Sarge has never come across as a main eventer to me but he's gotten the job done in whatever role he was put in. Didn't help that Hogan Hulked up and won anyway.

Batista at WM 21: Powerhouse, unintentional funnies on the mic, definitely not exactly "wrestling" god. All terms used to describe a dominant force in WWE when he was there. The match could have been far worse but I definitely wasn't entertained.

Hulk Hogan at WM9, what the hell actually happened? He comes out, gets a match against Yokozuna and manages to get the win in 21 seconds! Not only did he contribute to one of the worst WM moments (my opinion) he also completely buried Yokozuna, a 21 second title match, ugh.

LT and Mr T are obvious. People seem to have forgotten the other disasters involving boxers, Butterbean vs Bart Gunn WM15 and Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Big Show WM24. There was also another 'classic' of Big Show vs Akibono in a Sumo at WM22. I think we can throw in The Billionaire Hair vs Millionaire Hair Match (Lashley vs Umaga) as well. I realise non of these, aside from the Mr T and LT matches were top of the bill, but the headliner is not necessarily the final match, but the one on which the PPV is sold - particularly in these cases to the mass media.

As for undeserving 'wrestlers', I mean 'Sports entertainers', then Top Five would be:
1. The Miz (Should NEVER be near the main event, and only has a career because of being a minor celebrity on a crap 'reality' TV show.)
2. Hulk Hogan (A company was built on him, but one of the most limited in ring competitors ever and only succeed due to politics.)
3. John Cena (A Hogan cloan, with limited ring ability and a success only due to politics.)
4.Ultimate Warrior (One of the most dangerous, not just unskilled guys ever inside the ring.)
Tie.5 Big Boss Man (WM15) (Stiff, awkward worker, but a good heal, but should never have been given such a caliber match)
Tie.5 King Kong Bundy (In hindsight stiff and awkward, but at the time, another good heel)

Easy one...........Lawrence Taylor and Bam Bam Bigelow at WM11. The match sucked, LT couldn't wrestle to save his life, Bam Bam was no where near being the top heel in the company at the time. They closed the show with it and it absolutely sucked.

I'm also going to go with Lawrence Taylor being the guy who was most undeserving to headline WrestleMania. However... I wouldnt say he "couldn't wrestle to save his life". If you watch back at it, he did take bumps and showed some athleticism.. unlike other celebrities who have totally bombed as in-ring performers (Dennis Rodman instantly springs to mind). Bam Bam was great to watch as an agile "Big Guy". But yeah.. it still sucked and should not have headlined WM11.

And I truely believe The Miz should not have headlined WrestleMania neither.

Obviously LT and Bam Bam sucked, probably more so because it was booked last. It's safe to say it shouldn't have been. Diesel vs HBK should have.

I'm going to forget about the WM11 main event because that was just a booking fuck up and shouldn't really count because it was a publicity match, not a "real match"

JBL sucked as champ because he put on boring matches, but he was effective in that everyone hated him. Did he really deserve to be WWE Champion? No. He was a tag wrestler for years up until what 5 months before he got the belt? Remember Brock had just left and there really weren't many tops heels on Smackdown at the time so they needed to make someone. They needed someone all fans would always hate. JBL fit that bill. He wasn't "so bad he's cool" so he eventually got cheered. He was a fat annoying slouch everyone hated.

BUT....he never actually MAIN EVENTED WM. Cena v JBL was a shit match I agree but it didn't close the show. So again I'm going to ignore this match since the thread said who didn't deserve to close a WM.

I'm gong with....SID
Sid main evented 2 WrestleManias AND those were 2 manias that he definitely never should have main evented.
WrestleMania 8 should have been Hogan v Flair. Obvious reasons. Never happened in WWF. These 2 would have actually had a memorable, historic match together had this happened.

WrestleMania 13
Should have been Shawn Michaels v Undertaker. HBK did a shoot interview after his first retirement sometime around 99 I think and he said Vince couldn't decide between HBK v Bret or HBK v Taker. HBK got hurt and they went with Taker v Sid. How much better would HBK v Taker FOR THE FIRST TIME been?

A close second is The Miz. i know a lot of people on her verbally blow the Miz but that match sucked. Miz blows in the ring, he's getting better, but i can't take his offense seriously. He doesn't look tough and it always seems like he gets a lot of help from his opponent to pull off moves. He reminds me of Buff Bagwell sometimes. Miz has a great personality but for WM main event you gotta bring it in the ring. When you got guys like Orton, CM Punk, Edge, HHH, Taker sitting in the locker room to choose from and you go with Miz to close the show you're fuckin nuts.

Before I read this entire thread, I want to weigh in. Then I'll read some of the responses and see if I change my mind.

Mike "The Kid" Killam;3280074 said:
My immediate reaction was to say Lawrence Taylor. Why should the WWE ever book an NFL player in the main event of Wrestlemania!?! Then I remember that Mr. T was in the main event of the very first Wrestlemania, and both matches brought a lot of main stream attention to the industry.

Great point here by Mike Killam. And isn't the point of Wrestlemania to be WWE's biggest drawing show of the PPV year? However that is done is legit. Except Snookie. I hate her.

Let me take Mike's point one step further. Not only did Mr. T draw big at Wrestlemania 1, but the NFL / WWE Battle Royale at Wrestlemania 2 was mainstream news as well. Refirgerator Perry, Bill Fralic, etc. There's always been a nice connection amidst pro wrestlers and football players. Plus, that was a point in the WWE where to say they were in the doldrums would have been an understatement.

King Kong Bundy is a great answer, but if you think of it in context, it made perfect sense. WWE hadn't turned Andre heel yet, and the monster heels were the best people to work against Hogan at that time. They'd seen Hogan / Orndorf and Hogan / Orton Sr. already, and Don Muraco wasn't a legit challenger. But the combo of Muraco and Bundy with Heenan was, at its time, formidable. You also have to account for the fact that televised cage matches weren't a norm then, so having a steel cage in the main event of Wrestlemania was a draw in itself.

To call Bam Bam Bigelow undeserving is a misrepresentation of truth. I've often called Bigelow one of the 5 most under rated guys of all time - he worked like a true professional at all times and the fact is, Bam Bam was the only guy Vince trusted to carry a major program with Taylor. Had he been in the world title match it would have been odd, but Bigelow definitely was a great choice for that encounter.

Not sure if Sgt. Slaughter has been mentioned or not. I love the Sarge, but I've always struggled, even in retrospect, to buy him as a WWF Champion or as the man who dethroned the Ultimate Warrior, regardless of Savage's interference. He's a guy whose heel rep was built almost solely on the shock value of someone sympathizing with an enemy in the midst of Desert Storm. Had the WWE fully committed to Muhammed Hassan more recently, a program between him and a guy like Angle or Austin would have been massive. Wouldn't change the fact that he wouldn't have deserved it.

Finally, in the original Wrestlemania, Paul Orndorff. I've always liked Mr. Wonderful, but to me, the guy is a former WCW TV Champ and the guy who got Vader fired from WCW - NOT a main eventer at Wrestlemania.

I'd say Bundy is first, then Orndorff, then Taylor, then Slaughter.

Obviously LT and Bam Bam sucked, probably more so because it was booked last. It's safe to say it shouldn't have been. Diesel vs HBK should have.

Agreed.

I'm gong with....SID
Sid main evented 2 WrestleManias AND those were 2 manias that he definitely never should have main evented.
WrestleMania 8 should have been Hogan v Flair. Obvious reasons. Never happened in WWF. These 2 would have actually had a memorable, historic match together had this happened.

Dead wrong. While yes, Hogan / Flair should have happened at some point, the WWF managed to turn one mega main event into two. Flair and Savage had one of the all time great title matches EVER, and Hogan and Sid did a great job building their feud and leading to the return of The Ultimate Warrior. Don't say anything bad about Wrestlemania 8!

LT and Mr T are obvious. People seem to have forgotten the other disasters involving boxers, Butterbean vs Bart Gunn WM15 and Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Big Show WM24. There was also another 'classic' of Big Show vs Akibono in a Sumo at WM22. I think we can throw in The Billionaire Hair vs Millionaire Hair Match (Lashley vs Umaga) as well. I realise non of these, aside from the Mr T and LT matches were top of the bill, but the headliner is not necessarily the final match, but the one on which the PPV is sold - particularly in these cases to the mass media.

As for undeserving 'wrestlers', I mean 'Sports entertainers', then Top Five would be:
1. The Miz (Should NEVER be near the main event, and only has a career because of being a minor celebrity on a crap 'reality' TV show.)
2. Hulk Hogan (A company was built on him, but one of the most limited in ring competitors ever and only succeed due to politics.)
3. John Cena (A Hogan cloan, with limited ring ability and a success only due to politics.)
4.Ultimate Warrior (One of the most dangerous, not just unskilled guys ever inside the ring.)
Tie.5 Big Boss Man (WM15) (Stiff, awkward worker, but a good heal, but should never have been given such a caliber match)
Tie.5 King Kong Bundy (In hindsight stiff and awkward, but at the time, another good heel)

You're just someone who needs an education.

I thought maybe it was a simple case of "he's not dumb, just misguided." Then I noticed you called Cena a "Hogan Cloan." I checked. Cloan is not a word. Perhaps you meant to say "clone."

The idea that Hogan and Cena should be anywhere near ANYONE's top 5 least deserving WM Main Eventers is ridiculous and irresponsible. It's also just common smark bullshit from a guy who clearly thinks that professional wrestling value is wrapped up solely in the ability to apply submission holds and "wrestle for real." No matter how many times some of us say it, so many of you just never do get it. It only matters if you draw money, sell tickets, sell PPV's, and sell t-shirts. Hogan did that better than anyone, which is why he main evented 7 of the first 9 Wrestlemanias, had a major hand in the result of another, and ended up winning the title AFTER the main event in the other one. Wrestlemania 10 was the first time a main event was Hogan-less.

I also checked the main event of Wrestlemania 15, and it was Austin vs The Rock. Where are you getting the Big Bossman from?

this years manias main event was very overhyped. you have the boring one miz whos being jammed down our throats with his awful boring promos that sound the same week after week. vs derek jeter aks john cena. I think most people agree the real main event that night was HHH vs taker.

Miz is to boring for even john cena to mske it a good match. Now Rock vs Cena, thats a mania match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back