Worst Draft EVER?!?

Brettley916

Dark Match Winner
So, here's where we're at prior to the Supplemental Draft.

RAW Obtains
MVP
Matt Hardy
Triple H
The Miz
Big Show
Maryse

SMACKDOWN Obtains
Rey Mysterio Jr.
Melina
CM Punk
Kane
Chris Jericho

ECW Obtains
Vladimir Kozlov

How's that for the absolute worst, most predictable draft in WWE history? Thoughts?

World Heavyweight Title and WWE Title on same show?!?!? I'm guessing Edge wins the belt back now and the belt stays there? Maybe a UNIFICATION FINALLY?!?! This draft is the exact opposite of last year where they stacked Smackdown for MyNetworkTV and this year, they restacked RAW.

Crazy.

How's Cena going to Smackdown! now? I don't want him there, but it's not happening naymore, the Priceless match is the last match on the card, and isn't a draft match.

I see this draft as a benefit to both major shows. Smackdown got main event talent in Jericho, Kane, Mysterio, and Punk, while Raw got a couple midcard-upper midcard guys in MVP, Miz, and Matt Hardy, and also got Show and Hunter to replace some of the lost Main eventers. There is more balance now between the two, and thats what the draft's main goal is.

WWE made a couple really good decisions with their picks.

Even if he doesn't get drafted to Smackdown the title will go there when he drops it to Edge.

Under no circumstances will RAW will own both heavyweight titles.

I understand you believe Cena will end up on Smackdown, but why in the world would they move Cena to Smackdown on the Supplemental draft. No one ever logs in for that thing any way...lol...it just doesn't make sense.

So Smackdown! main eventers are Edge, Jericho, Jeff and The Undertaker vs HHH, Cena, Orton, Batista, and HBK that's pretty even tbh.

I understand you believe Cena will end up on Smackdown, but why in the world would they move Cena to Smackdown on the Supplemental draft. No one ever logs in for that thing any way...lol...it just doesn't make sense.

They've done "trade" angles in the past, and it's possible they may tease at this as a ploy to get people to watch Smackdown this Friday. They could just make the announcement of it on Smackdown, and there ya go...solves the no one logging onto WWE.com thing...

Or wait...

Do people watch Smackdown?

well hopefully it stays the way it is with Cena and Vicki on Raw cause that would make it easier not to watch raw.

Folks, none of this matters. None of it.

The WWE isn't playing the exclusivity card any more with brand-to-brand spots. Edge has been on RAW, Christian on RAW, Orton on Smackdown, Cena on Smackdown, Et cetera, Et cetera, Et cetera.

The differentiation between brands is simply gonna be defined by when that particular show records (or is recorded) during the week. The "superstars" on the shows will fluctuate a lot more than in the past.

All this does is bring a greater balance to each as a means of trying to raise the dismal ratings for Smackdown.

The draft was beyond fucking ******ed this year. I mean, seriously… the girls being switched was the only thing that happened that I thought was okay. Everything else was terrible. And I mean fucking TERRIBLE. In fact, at another place, this is something I posted:

The only thing I really want to come from this draft is for HHH to stay his ass on Smackdown, Batista gets moved to Smackdown, and Brian Kendrick (plus his manager) and Christian get moved to Raw. I also hope CM Punk and Jericho stay on Raw as well.

Everything that I didn’t want to happen happened, and everything I did want to happen didn’t happen. All that and the splitting of Miz and Morrison is the last straw for me. Seriously, fuck WWE. I can’t watch Smackdown because the ‘tards put it on a channel I don’t get unless I want to watch it all in fucking static. And Raw is now by far the worst wrestling show on all of television. WWE truly sucks.

It could be worse. It really could. The thing is...it IS the worst draft ever, because there's only so much switching you can do before people just simply get tired of watching it.

Maryse's move to Raw is great. I've never really got a good look at her and now, I can see her once a week. Her and Kelly Kelly need a Bra and Panties match STAT!

But seriously...I was about half and half as far as my predictions. I seen Jericho, Punk, Kane and Rey moving to SD!, and MVP moving to Raw. I didn't think HHH was going to move. Didn't think Big Show would go to Raw, and did not see Matt Hardy coming to Raw. So much for my "Hardy challenging Punk for the briefcase" idea.

They should have timed this better. They did a draft at a time when everybody was on everybody else's TV show anyway. As a result, I legitimately didn't know who was on what brand and so any big changes were just sort of dull. I was pretty sure Triple H was already on Raw, for example.

Otherwise, the draft wasn't too bad. Worst draft ever? Possible, but there've only ever been a few of them. I'm still curious to see the reaction Christian could have had if he were drafted.

The draft was beyond fucking ******ed this year. I mean, seriously… the girls being switched was the only thing that happened that I thought was okay. Everything else was terrible. And I mean fucking TERRIBLE. In fact, at another place, this is something I posted:

The only thing I really want to come from this draft is for HHH to stay his ass on Smackdown, Batista gets moved to Smackdown, and Brian Kendrick (plus his manager) and Christian get moved to Raw. I also hope CM Punk and Jericho stay on Raw as well.

Everything that I didn’t want to happen happened, and everything I did want to happen didn’t happen. All that and the splitting of Miz and Morrison is the last straw for me. Seriously, fuck WWE. I can’t watch Smackdown because the ‘tards put it on a channel I don’t get unless I want to watch it all in fucking static. And Raw is now by far the worst wrestling show on all of television. WWE truly sucks.

This shit is stupid, why do they even call it a draft? Its not like they repick their whole roster or they are drafting rookies like other pro sports. Why do they need a fucking 3 hour show? They just basically made a few trades.

Triple H for Jericho
Mysterio for Big Show
Matt Hardy for MVP
Melina for Maryse
3 way trade Miz to RAW, CM Punk to SD!, Vladimir Kozlov to ECW

How fucking obvious did they make this ******ed ass thing they call a draft? Just do away with the fluff and make the whole think supplemental from now on. We don't need to waste a RAW not building any story lines for this crap anymore.

People seem to forget the 2004 draft, now that was shit. I was optimistic abour Rhino, but that's about it.

Nadia, or was it Nidia? To Raw. Tajiri to Raw. Shelton to Raw.

You then had Triple H move, then they swapped him for Booker T & the Dudleyz.

I have to agree that the 2004 Draft was worse. I believe HHH is the only one that was moved from that draft that is still with the WWE now whether it be death or being fired. It would have been hilarious to see what would have happened if Rhyno would have beaten Benoit for the title. You knew when HHH was drafted to Smackdown that he was going back to RAW.

I hope that they make the rosters freeze so wrestlers can't appear on the other two shows. It would give the draft a point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back