Woman Puts Her Creepy Harasser On Blast On Craigslist; What Qualifies As Harassment?

Con T.

Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy
So, this funny little story appeared on Gawker today:

http://gawker.com/let-me-make-this-abundantly-clear-to-you-and-to-the-ot-1335101785

This may be single handedly the snarkiest remark to a creep I've seen in the last three weeks. Long story short, the woman decides to put her harasser on blast for his entitlement, and sends a message to the cat callers of the world;

Fuck your bullshit

So, she also posted this at the end of the her posting; here's hoping we can have a (sigh) adult discussion on the matter:

Let me make this abundantly clear, to you and to the other men reading this: when you comment on a woman's appearance, you are not doing it for her. You are doing it for you. It's not some great way to make a woman feel sexy and appreciated. It's not flattery, even if you mean for it to be. The only thing it is is a great way for you to create a shitty power dynamic, by which you have announced yourself as the arbiter of her value, and you've deemed her fuckable, and she is supposed to be happy or impressed by that.

If you really find a woman beautiful, don't choose the juvenile selfish route that makes her feel weird and you look like an asshole. Just take a deep breath, commit the image to memory, and get on with your life. Or, if it's really that great of an ass that you can't possibly survive without commenting on it, post about it on CL missed connections after the fact and let her decide what to do about it.

Do you agree with this sentiment? And if not, why? Are we looking at a case of compliments being placed as threats? Or are guys that cat calls really just creepy?

So, this funny little story appeared on Gawker today:

http://gawker.com/let-me-make-this-abundantly-clear-to-you-and-to-the-ot-1335101785

This may be single handedly the snarkiest remark to a creep I've seen in the last three weeks. Long story short, the woman decides to put her harasser on blast for his entitlement, and sends a message to the cat callers of the world;

Fuck your bullshit

So, she also posted this at the end of the her posting; here's hoping we can have a (sigh) adult discussion on the matter:

Do you agree with this sentiment? And if not, why? Are we looking at a case of compliments being placed as threats? Or are guys that cat calls really just creepy?

It's not just when men cat-call at someone that it's creepy. Have you ever had someone cat-call at you, Zeus? I have, on a daily basis, and it creeps me the heck out. It doesn't matter that these women are 8's at worst, 10's at best, they're objectifying me, and I don't like it.

All kidding aside, she went about it the wrong way, and she's flat out wrong. Yes, some men who cat-call and whistle have the worst possible intentions, and if I were a woman, I'd want to stay away from them. But it's in this comment that we completely part ways:

Let me make this abundantly clear, to you and to the other men reading this: when you comment on a woman's appearance, you are not doing it for her. You are doing it for you. It's not some great way to make a woman feel sexy and appreciated. It's not flattery, even if you mean for it to be.
This woman has obviously never been married. Several times a day, I tell my wife she looks beautiful. Why? Because she flat out does, but also to put a smile on her face, and make her feel good. I don't say it as she walks out the door with the hope of landing a quickee, I say it so the last thought of me in her mind is me telling her she's beautiful. It's in those moments that she smiles brightest. Further, if her day is going bad, it gives her something to think about to brighten her day.

Regarding men who "cat-call" at women they don't know, it's situational, simple as that. If the man says "I want to rip that dress off and f*ck you right here", yeah, he's a creepy piece of crap, and somewhat frightening as well. But for a guy to approach a woman, or even stare across at a woman and smile, tell her she's beautiful, and drive away?

How exactly is he doing that for himself? He's not going to land her, I'd presume, if he's driving away. Contrary to what this young woman obviously believes, there are kind and good-hearted people out in this world who do take pleasure in brightening people's days.

Do they go about it the wrong way at times? Sure. But were I not married, I can honestly say I could look across the room at a pretty lady, smile, and even mouth "Youre Beautiful", and go no further then that. And I wouldn't be doing it as a creep, I'd be doing it with sincerity and to put a smile on her face. Not in hopes of getting laid.

It's the same thing with my wife. If we're out, and we split up, the moment I catch her eye, I smile and at least mouth how pretty she looks. Hell, when her hair is a mess in the morning and her breath is bad, I still look at her and think she's gorgeous.

The problem that women like this have, that wrote this ad or-what-have-you on Craigslist is simple: They've run into too many creeps in their life that they are completely unable, at this point, to tell the difference between a creep and a sincere man.

Get some counseling, or it will continue to be your loss, sweetheart.

What a frigid bitch. How in the fuck can you twist the entirety of compliments into what she did?

When I tell a girl she is hot, it is never with the intent of putting any sort of pure value just on me....its usually a statement to reveal the truth. "fuck that, you look GREAT with no make-up" etc.

This spinster is a goddamn idiot. Heaven help whomever tries to unlock THAT chasity belt. How about you grow some thicker skin, some maturity, and an open mind of your going to fucking about on craig's list. hello.

There are girls on my Facebook who post things like "Some guy at the gas station stopped to tell me I'm beautiful today. It made my day." all the time. They are flattered by it and it makes them happy and feel good about themselves.
I think as long as you go about it with tact most women won't mind and won't take it the wrong way.

She wouldn't have had a problem with it had she found him physically attractive. Think about this for a second. Do women automatically look at oglers and cat callers in disgust, or is there not that split second where they first size up their harasser/potential fuck for the night?

The woman in question makes this plainly obvious in her response. If she found the comment rather than the man disgusting, she would have paid no mind to his clothing or mentioned the fact that she was wearing gladiator heels (btw, these type of shoes clearly signal that a woman's DTF).

This is just the bullshit we have to put up with as men.

It's not just when men cat-call at someone that it's creepy. Have you ever had someone cat-call at you, Zeus? I have, on a daily basis, and it creeps me the heck out. It doesn't matter that these women are 8's at worst, 10's at best, they're objectifying me, and I don't like it.

Hey, all you have to do is let your wife at them ;)

All kidding aside, she went about it the wrong way, and she's flat out wrong. Yes, some men who cat-call and whistle have the worst possible intentions, and if I were a woman, I'd want to stay away from them. But it's in this comment that we completely part ways:

Very well, and I'm glad you can see the issue with the cat calling. But we both know this isn't the issue you disagree with most.

This woman has obviously never been married. Several times a day, I tell my wife she looks beautiful. Why? Because she flat out does, but also to put a smile on her face, and make her feel good. I don't say it as she walks out the door with the hope of landing a quickee, I say it so the last thought of me in her mind is me telling her she's beautiful. It's in those moments that she smiles brightest. Further, if her day is going bad, it gives her something to think about to brighten her day.

You know why I bolded the word I did, right?

There's a far cry between your wife, and a random stranger on the street. Of course I wouldn't doubt calling your wife beautiful. I do the same with my girlfriend; I didn't start the relationship by whistling out my car and calling her beautiful.

Or, for that matter, ask if she was wearing a thong.

Regarding men who "cat-call" at women they don't know, it's situational, simple as that. If the man says "I want to rip that dress off and f*ck you right here", yeah, he's a creepy piece of crap, and somewhat frightening as well. But for a guy to approach a woman, or even stare across at a woman and smile, tell her she's beautiful, and drive away?

I'm just going to post this cartoon here, and believe (because I do) you'll understand the relavance;

2q2myxf.jpg

Is that every man in the world? Of course not. Does it start to appear that way when you have so many unwarranted comments on your sex appeal?

I'm sure it does.

How exactly is he doing that for himself? He's not going to land her, I'd presume, if he's driving away. Contrary to what this young woman obviously believes, there are kind and good-hearted people out in this world who do take pleasure in brightening people's days.

And what's good hearted about asking about a thong?

Do they go about it the wrong way at times? Sure. But were I not married, I can honestly say I could look across the room at a pretty lady, smile, and even mouth "Youre Beautiful", and go no further then that. And I wouldn't be doing it as a creep, I'd be doing it with sincerity and to put a smile on her face. Not in hopes of getting laid.

And I don't doubt that; you seem like a very nice person, even from the limited interaction I've had with you.

The problem becomes, the woman might not have that limited reaction. And even then, it seems presumptuous that this would make her day.

The point is, if it's a stranger, you do not know her, you do not know what the rest of her day was like, and most importantly, you do not know her boundaries. It's best not to assume that you do, and that's a pretty good general rule. If you are an absolute expert at reading body language, you might be able to bend that rule, but it's a good starting point. And it's not that you can't compliment a woman, it's that you shouldn't compliment her appearance specifically. It's one thing to say "that's a really pretty dress!" and another to say "You got a nice ass". But even "You're really pretty!" can be a bad idea when you don't know someone.

It's the same thing with my wife. If we're out, and we split up, the moment I catch her eye, I smile and at least mouth how pretty she looks. Hell, when her hair is a mess in the morning and her breath is bad, I still look at her and think she's gorgeous.

Again, you'll note the bolded word.

The problem that women like this have, that wrote this ad or-what-have-you on Craigslist is simple: They've run into too many creeps in their life that they are completely unable, at this point, to tell the difference between a creep and a sincere man.

I'd agree, to a certain extent.

I think it also becomes a problem when we then shame the victim when she runs into the creeps. You've at least given me good discourse; what you're about to see are the words that borderline misogyny. And when we don't call it said bullshit, like this girl we did, we implicitly tell creeps that it's ok to act like creeps.

AAAND there ends the meaningful discourse; from here on out, the replies are essentially **** shaming.

What a frigid bitch.

.... Tell me, do you like fedoras?

How in the fuck can you twist the entirety of compliments into what she did?

Because it was a lewd comment asking what her underwear was, or something of the like?

I'm not all about the absolutes, but what benefit does she receive from being told by a stranger she's sexually appealing?

When I tell a girl she is hot, it is never with the intent of putting any sort of pure value just on me....its usually a statement to reveal the truth. "fuck that, you look GREAT with no make-up" etc.

And if you're doing that with someone who knows you, great. But I think you'll see, she means this more to strangers on the street. Because they don't seem to get the idea of context, and that perhaps she doesn't need the validation of a stranger's libido to go about her day.

Nah, I'm just playing, she's a frigid bitch...

This spinster is a goddamn idiot. Heaven help whomever tries to unlock THAT chasity belt. How about you grow some thicker skin, some maturity, and an open mind of your going to fucking about on craig's list. hello.

a099v6.jpg

Daron Acemoğlu;4625733 said:
She wouldn't have had a problem with it had she found him physically attractive.

That's entirely presumptive, at best.

Think about this for a second. Do women automatically look at oglers and cat callers in disgust, or is there not that split second where they first size up their harasser/potential fuck for the night?

Perhaps they're sizing up whether it's worth it to call the cops?

The woman in question makes this plainly obvious in her response. If she found the comment rather than the man disgusting, she would have paid no mind to his clothing or mentioned the fact that she was wearing gladiator heels (btw, these type of shoes clearly signal that a woman's DTF).

That's really what you took out of this?

My god...

This is just the bullshit we have to put up with as men.

a099v6.jpg

LSN, as HH pointed out in a much longer manner, using your wife as an example is comparing apples to oranges. I'm sure you could walk up to your wife and slap her on the ass and she wouldn't have any issue. Try that to a woman on the street.

tdigs, while I can relate to where you're coming from on occasion (we've all been pissed at women at some point), that doesn't make it any less chauvinistic.

But HH, you can't just say the world needs to be overly respectful of every possible boundary in this world. If people are going to pussyfoot around everything, nothing will get accomplished. I'm not saying walking up to a woman and asking what kind panties she's wearing, or telling her she's "doable," etc. is exactly the way to approach any woman. I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with telling a stranger she, or even he, looks attractive if it's done in a completely respectful manner. You don't think several relationships have started this way before?

As for how she responded, in no way do I have a problem with her being upset about the situation. But going as far as she did, NorCal wasn't far off. She comes off as a bitch. Are we being presumptuous? Sure. We don't know her. But unless we are going to track her down to get to know her (talk about creepy), of what else do we have to go by to base our opinions? Maybe you don't see her response as bitchy. Well to that I have to say: opinions vary.

But HH, you can't just say the world needs to be overly respectful of every possible boundary in this world. If people are going to pussyfoot around everything, nothing will get accomplished. I'm not saying walking up to a woman and asking what kind panties she's wearing, or telling her she's "doable," etc. is exactly the way to approach any woman. I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with telling a stranger she, or even he, looks attractive if it's done in a completely respectful manner. You don't think several relationships have started this way before?

I don't necessarily disagree with this either. Which is why I'm going to bring up something I probably should have with Daron (instead of the old fashioned fedora)

Body language. How hard can it possibly be to know body language? We all know if a girl's into you; there's very little mystery to it. If she's giving you certain signs, go ahead and go for it.

But if she has her hands full of papers and looks like she just wants to go home? Probably not the best time to ask about her panties

Hey, all you have to do is let your wife at them ;)
Thats true. My wife used to kickbox, and shes knocked me loopy more then once when we've been goofing around. :blush:

Very well, and I'm glad you can see the issue with the cat calling. But we both know this isn't the issue you disagree with most.
No, the issue I disagree with most is this idea that flattering a woman or calling her beautiful is completely self-serving, or to use her words, as the "arbiter of her value." Just as it's presumptuous to say that a woman would be appreciative if I made a 'PG' comment such as "You're Beautiful", it's in the same way presumptuous for her to anoint herself as representative of all women, and tell men that they are doing it for them, and not for the woman.

Because let me assure you: I did and said plenty of things when I met my wife in order to try and make her happy, not for myself. And this was before we were dating, and I had any hope of us doing so. Among those things was compliment her, from the first time I met her until the time she walked out the door this morning. My intent, in that sense, has never changed:

Put a smile on her face.

In the same vein, thats not to say this young lady is wrong to feel the way she does. From how she describes herself, I have no doubt she's attractive, and thus, hears it quite often, and in crude ways. And she has every right to be sick of it.

You know why I bolded the word I did, right?
I do. Because my wife is someone I know and have a strong bond with. At best, a woman I see on the street is someone I have a brief mutual attraction to. At best.

There's a far cry between your wife, and a random stranger on the street. Of course I wouldn't doubt calling your wife beautiful. I do the same with my girlfriend; I didn't start the relationship by whistling out my car and calling her beautiful.
I wasn't necessarily using my wife as an example to show the difference between the two, or give the green light to men who harass women sexually through verbal means. But is it wrong that I did call my wife beautiful the first time I met her? The context is important, sure, as I didn't whistle out a window. However, I did read a situation, and made a decision to say something that could have caused me great troubles.

The least of which would have been a sharp kick to the jaw. :blush:

Or, for that matter, ask if she was wearing a thong.
No, and that's the kind of man who makes a woman feel objectified, and eventually, as cold and callous as the young lady who wrote this particular blog is. And if these are the comments she receives all the time, I don't blame her in the slightest. It would be exhausting to simply be objectified by your looks or the type of clothing you wear. And eventually, every man would blend together and regardless of what they say or their intent, they become the man who asked if she was wearing a thong, to her.

I'm just going to post this cartoon here, and believe (because I do) you'll understand the relavance;

2q2myxf.jpg
I do. It's quite relevant.

Is that every man in the world? Of course not. Does it start to appear that way when you have so many unwarranted comments on your sex appeal?I'm sure it does.
See above. I believe I covered this thoroughly, but to answer the question briefly, yes, absolutely. Unwarranted, crude comments from men on a consistent basis will eventually make it impossible for a woman to differentiate between the sincere, and the douschebags.

And what's good hearted about asking about a thong?
Nothing. But in the same vein, shes assuming that all men who say things, even simple complimentary ones, are doing so just to deem the woman "F***able", to use her words. Or to be the arbiter of her value.

She's speaking to the intentions of all others, and for all women as well with her blog. And that is where she's truly off-base. No one has the right to say she's wrong to feel the way she does, but, in the same vein, its not on her to speak to everyone's intentions, or how all women feel when hit on.

And I don't doubt that; you seem like a very nice person, even from the limited interaction I've had with you.The problem becomes, the woman might not have that limited reaction. And even then, it seems presumptuous that this would make her day.
This is a fair point. I attempt to be, and always have. I was raised to be respectful of others, and women specifically. But I've never been shy about flirting with a woman, albeit respectfully.

And you're right. Sometimes its been received well, and others, with disdain.

The point is, if it's a stranger, you do not know her, you do not know what the rest of her day was like, and most importantly, you do not know her boundaries. It's best not to assume that you do, and that's a pretty good general rule. If you are an absolute expert at reading body language, you might be able to bend that rule, but it's a good starting point. And it's not that you can't compliment a woman, it's that you shouldn't compliment her appearance specifically. It's one thing to say "that's a really pretty dress!" and another to say "You got a nice ass". But even "You're really pretty!" can be a bad idea when you don't know someone.
In general, I agree with this, and its how I advise people to act with regards to my job. As a man, or woman, I advise them to start by complimenting the inanimate(how they're dressed for example), and if well-received, move on to physical appearance later. Yet, in the same vein, you mentioned body language. Part of body language is what a woman is wearing, and how she puts it 'out there.' I don't doubt that the woman who wrote this blog was dressed appropriately, and greeted with an inappropriate sexual advance.

But I know women, client's specifically, who dress certain ways to get sexual attention from men. They want to hear things such as "Nice ass" or Great Legs", and dress in a way that draws that specific attention. I'm not being presumptuous here, these women have told me this for a fact. Some have come to sessions specifically dressed like this, and have seemed almost disappointed when it hasn't elicited that reaction out of me.

In the end, you're right. As men, we don't know what the boundaries are for women, so it's best to approach every woman as if they're the same. And that's to treat them respectfully and not objectify them. But I ask you to correct me if I'm wrong: Haven't you met or, at least, seen women who want you to objectify them, based on how they dress?

Again, I ask this not being presumptuous, but as someone who has dealt with women with self-esteem so low that they crave that objectifying in order to feel better about themselves. And then, in the same vein, there are men, ignorant ones, mind you, but men nonetheless who get so used to dealing with women who like being objectified, that they start to believe(wrongly) that all women enjoy it. And hence you get comments like the one directed at the woman who obviously didn't want it, but goes to the opposite extreme.

Again, you'll note the bolded word.
Absolutely. Its completely different for me to objectify my wife then it is a complete stranger. But if all I did was objectify my wife, it would piss her off after awhile. On the other hand, if I never objectified her, she wouldn't like that much either.

I think it also becomes a problem when we then shame the victim when she runs into the creeps. You've at least given me good discourse; what you're about to see are the words that borderline misogyny. And when we don't call it said bullshit, like this girl we did, we implicitly tell creeps that it's ok to act like creeps.

I've bolded this because it's an important point. I'm not saying, mind you, that it leads to rape, but its the same attitude. A man who objectifies a woman, which leads to her shaming, creates a semblance of power and control over her. It says She's the one who's wrong for speaking up. And why do men rape? It's not for sex. It's for power and control.

Society, while I'd like to think we've progressed in this sense, does the same thing to rape victims. Look at how's she dressed. She was asking for it.

In essence, I agree with the woman speaking up against a creep who asked her about her thong. I disagree with how she did it, however, and with much of what she said as well.

I don't know all the details of this woman's life or beliefs are. Maybe she's had some bad experiences in her life and, as a result, has a much more rigid view of things that some might fight harmless.

Now as far as some guy leering out his window and asking questions as to whether she's wearing a thong or not, I don't think it's harassment, I think it's just a case of him being an insensitive douche. Cat calls can be annoying, most definitely, and she obviously didn't appreciate it. I can understand her being pissed by that sort of lewd behavior from a total stranger.

"Let me make this abundantly clear, to you and to the other men reading this: when you comment on a woman's appearance, you are not doing it for her. You are doing it for you. It's not some great way to make a woman feel sexy and appreciated. It's not flattery, even if you mean for it to be. The only thing it is is a great way for you to create a shitty power dynamic, by which you have announced yourself as the arbiter of her value, and you've deemed her fuckable, and she is supposed to be happy or impressed by that.

If you really find a woman beautiful, don't choose the juvenile selfish route that makes her feel weird and you look like an asshole. Just take a deep breath, commit the image to memory, and get on with your life. Or, if it's really that great of an ass that you can't possibly survive without commenting on it, post about it on CL missed connections after the fact and let her decide what to do about it."

Okay, now here is really where she loses me. It sounds like the guy was being a creep but, at the same time, she's taken this minor incident and has most definitely blown it FAR out of proportion. The notion of a man complimenting a woman on her appearance being for his own sense of pleasure rather than her own is ludicrous. She sounds like she's upset and is lashing out by making blatantly untrue generalizations. I've NEVER personally met a woman who didn't enjoy being complimented on her appearance, nor is it automatically some chauvinistic attempt at machismo when a man compliments a woman in that way.

Now that doesn't mean that all compliments are going to be viewed quite as complimentary as others. There are many women, I'm sure, who don't exactly find it charming when a man says she's "fuckable" or "doable." Not all of them like being told they have a "phat ass" or the age old classic "it must be jelly, 'cuz jam don't shake like that." Now while those intended compliments aren't exactly classy, some maybe even downright clueless, there are women who do enjoy them and they're a far cry from harassment. Some men don't mean any harm by it. Just because they don't start spouting Shakespearean poetry doesn't automatically mean they're being assholes.

In my mind, harassment is when someone keeps giving you unwanted attention after you've made it clear that you're not interested and want them to leave you alone. If she'd told him that his intended compliments weren't appreciated & his attention wasn't wanted, and he kept at it, that's harassment. If you put your hands on someone and they don't want you to do that, but you do it anyway, it's harassment. Making a classless, lewd comment doesn't qualify, in my opinion. For all he knew, she may have found it funny and playful because not woman is going to react the same way.

To me, I think she's made a federal case out of pretty much nothing.

.... Tell me, do you like fedoras?

Because it was a lewd comment asking what her underwear was, or something of the like?

I'm not all about the absolutes, but what benefit does she receive from being told by a stranger she's sexually appealing?

And if you're doing that with someone who knows you, great. But I think you'll see, she means this more to strangers on the street. Because they don't seem to get the idea of context, and that perhaps she doesn't need the validation of a stranger's libido to go about her day.

Nah, I'm just playing, she's a frigid bitch...

a099v6.jpg

Im gonna be honest, I dont really get the fedora thing. :confused:

Am I getting this right? When I say its silly to put an umbrella over ALL compliments as being bad, you point to someone's lewd remark about her underwear in opposition to that? Obviously, some are different, and its idiotic to take it to that extreme...."you look wonderful today" or "you are beautiful" is the same "validation of libido" as asking someone if they have a thong on? If she doesnt need the validation of strangers when she leaves the house, then why not leave every day in a burlap sack?

Appearance to strangers most certainley plays a role, but there is also a certain line of lewdness to not cross....to place ALL MANNER of compliments into some sort of self serving basket is entirely idiotic. If All I cared about was how I felt about how a lady looks, then you simply keep it to yourself....but I would rather say it, in a kind way, on the off chance that maybe it makes her day.

Craig's list, however.....IS FUCKING CRAIG'S LIST.....have we REALLY gotten to a place in our titty-baby, captain-save-a-hoe, ultra sensitive soceity, that you go on Craig's List and are SURPRISED by guys acting like lewd scumbags? The ambiguity of the internet removes those lines of lewdness for many, many people because there is no real human interaction....its simply words on a screen. This removes all these invisible walls we as a soceity count on so much, and removes any inhibition they keep at bay.....It removes the humanity from the interaction.

Given this, the bottom line is, People on Criag's list, or things of that nature, are GOING TO BE like that. If you go there, you have to understand a certain amount of that sort of attention is going to come your way. Furthermore if you have provacative clothing on(this said, its a given that the woman has every right to respond in any manner she sees fit to put someone on blast as being a creeper). Now im sure, you will respond with some sort of fantasy camp disney channel answer about how it should never happennnn, and its never acceptable and blaaah blah, and then ill furthermore break down why that is simply naive, and ineffective.

Not all compliments are under the same umbrella as asking is woman if she wears a thong. Don't be fucking stupid. Are we really coming to a place of oversensitivity that pure kindness is now offensive? :lmao:

As usual these days this woman is blowing this way out of proportion. There is a vast difference between being creepy and trying to make someone feel good. If he commented on her underwear then of course that is being creepy, but she seems to be generalizing all men and all compliments. When girls I work with change their hair, and I compliment them on it I can see that I made their day. I probably noticed before their own boyfriend did. I have told girls nicely that they looked really nice today, and none of them ever thought I was a creep. It made them smile. I was in the convenience store the other day, and I really liked this shirt a girl was wearing and I complimented her on it. She was actually stunned and she gave me the biggest smile. On the other side of the coin one of my best friends will routinely yell at girls out of his car window. Nine times out of ten they hate it and so do I. I actually get embarrassed being with him when he does that. When I compliment someone it is for them and not me. Like LSN said there really are people that want to make people's days better, and not everyone is a creep. When I do it I know I am not going to get laid out of it. I am happily married, and plan to stay that way, but with all the shit this world has to offer I really do enjoy trying to make someone happy. Maybe this woman had a right to be mad, but not every compliment should be considered a bad thing. This looks like another case to me of someone blowing something out of proportion. Seems like we do that about everything these days doesn't it?

You really have to have some warped view of the world to be insulted by a compliment. If someone says something grotesque to you on the street, then of course, its worthy of a negative reaction. No one likes being objectified sexually. Most of the time however, its someone who walks out of the house knowing every single item of clothing they chose to wear is supposed to illicit a reaction from a man. I wont go to the extent to claim that men and women are so different, because the truth is men dress to women's appeal as well. Unfortunately, sometimes the man that realizes how good she looks isn't a man she's attracted to and we have situations like this. I think you should refrain from mentioning undergarments or body parts to a complete stranger when trying to compliment them, but if Bob from accounting says that dress or your hair looks good today, dammit maybe your hair just happens to look good today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back