WM28 hype v WM29 hype

jameswalsh292

Ice Tiger
I have to admit that I am not half as excited for WM29 as I was for WM28. Is it just me or is the build not as good?

Maybe im just getting tired of the product. I stopped watching Smackdown in January, a show that I have rarely missed since its beginning.

I want to briefly compare a few matches that i was/wasnt excited for at WM28 and the same for this year. Ill give a level of excited for each match out of 10.

Rock v Cena WM28 (9.5/10)
I was really excited about this match. Mainly for the fact that I really wanted to see Rock back in a match. The build was good and I couldnt wait for it. In my opinion it was a good match.

Rock v Cena WM29 (5/10)
I couldnt give a toss. Its been a poor build. Simply for the fact that Rock is involved doesnt equal entertainment. You have to get me interested. Would far more have preffered the Rock to be fueding with orton this year.

HHH v Taker WM28 (5/10)
I wasnt too pleased to be seeing this for a second year in a row (I know this time it was HITC). I thought that both men should be giving the exposure of a high profile opponent to someone else. However I will admit that it was a great match, I just wasnt excited about seeing it at the time.

Punk v Taker WM29 (9/10)
This is the only match that I am excited about for this year. The feud has been good. It has gotten personal, gives more to the story rather then just the streak. I think this match has great potential.

Punk v Y2J WM28 (8/10)
Punk was really hot at the time and I was loving Jericho's new mysterious heel persona. Great feud, extreme rules arguably had the better match.

HHH v Lesnar WM29 (5/10)
I will admit that it is a good story. I just cant get into it. I dislike HHH and one match with Lesnar is enough. Lesnar should win but with HHH's career on the line i doubt he will. I predict HHH gets the win, after the match Brock snaps and re breaks HHH's arm to set up a 3rd match. Oe else HBK screws someone. Like HHH v Taker last year I feel both men could give some better exposure to another opponent like Orton or Sheamus.

Sheamus v Bryan Wm28 (8.5/10)
Being an Irish man I was excited to see this match as Sheamus was fighting for a world title at the big show. I knew Bryan was a good wrestler so I was excited for a great match. Needless to say I was pissed off with the match, but its the hype before WM that im talking about.

ADR v Swagger WM29 (6.5/10)
This has been a great story and I predict a good match too. Unfortunately I dont feel like either wrestler is that big of a deal for me to get into it like I should.

Im not going to bother talking about the other matches like Kane v Orton or Henry v Ryback etc

I just want to know are you as excited about this years mania as you were for last years? For me its not even close.

Generally speaking, the build for the main event matches hasn't been as good for this year's show as last year's show. Damn near every bit of relevant hype went to Cena vs. Rock & Triple H vs. Taker. At the same time though, the top matches for this year's show really sell themselves and maybe that's what WWE was counting on this time around.

This year, however, I think WWE has done a much better job in hyping the overall card. While it was obvious that Cena vs. Rock II, Taker vs. Punk & Triple H vs. Brock II were the top priorities, the undercard got a lot more attention than it had last year. The six man tag, tag title match, Ryback vs. Henry and the WHC match all got far better hype. It wasn't through the roof great, but the undercard hype is much stronger.

So, all in all, I'd say it's even. Cena & Rock got sooooooooooo much hype last year that a lot of people thought it was overkill, even though the match was huge. The main event matches weren't shoved simultaneously down our throats & up our asses like last year. Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad. Looking at the card, WM 29 looks much stronger as a whole on paper, so I guess we'll just have to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back