• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will we see Hogan and Bischoff rid TNA of the originals?

Stubbystu

Dark Match Jobber
That's right people the direction tna is heading does not look very promising for anyone that had a stake in how tna was. Look at the roster it's mostly ex wwe and wcw wrestlers that Dixie and bishoff and hogan are counting on to boost their programming with snipits of some tna origionals. Sure they show abyss,styles and a few others but in my opinion it's not TNA. Where's the origional tna roster??all I'm seeing is lazy underpaid ex wrestlers from wwe that didn't want to cut the mustard of a gruling wwe schedule. I know most all of you will disagree with this but that's the difference between quality and crap. What do ya think .

Dude your ears must of been ringing earlier tonight I was just talking to my friend about this. I am an 11 year fan of Wrestling (all promotions) and TNA is nothing like it use to be. Even before the Hogan/Dixie/Bischoff era ex WWE guys were coming in and taken advantage of the "lighter schedule". Hmm lets see I am 50 yrs old and have 2 choices be a champ and be at shows 6 of the 7 days a week for months OR be a champ show up Monday record 4 shows and boom see ya next month. Perfect example is AJ Styles. AJ Styles is by far the best "high flying" talented wrestler in TNA period. But now we have him sporting robes, having lots of ladies, and limos HOGAN WAKE THE F%^&* UP this was an angle I saw 20 years ago it aint cool no more. Don't get me wrong there are a few good gems like your Kurt Angles and of course Anderson omg I love Anderson (sry side tracked) anyway look give the air time to the ones who were there since day one like your aj styles, abyss, motor city machine guns etc. etc. So yes dude you couldn't be more right TNA has officialy no wait I'm sorry Dixe Carter/Hogan and Bischoff have officialy forgotten who got TNA to where it is and using old stars to boost it to "new heights". In the words of D-von "OH MY BROTHER TESTIFY". Ok I lied one more point that just came to my head as far as old guys taken new guys spot. Hogan do you remember when u first came on? You said and I quote "TNA will get a 3.0 I see it soon" YOur rating have gone no wear yet you have acquired so many "stars" (i use that term loosely) I mean Six Pac, Nash, Hall, Sting, RVD, Hardy, etc, etc yet no ratings and you wonder why here is the simple answer. NOBODY F%&*& CARES! The guys you have acquired are from the 80s guess what all the fans from the 80s have moved on think future fans dude not past I know I'm gonna get hit for this but I have to say it WWE is gearing for the future fans a.k.a Cena not past fans A.K.A. Austin/Rock ok now I'm done, sorry :)

.....it's mostly ex wwe and wcw wrestlers that Dixie and bishoff and hogan are counting on to boost their programming with snipits of some tna origionals......

Where else are they going to get established talent from? saying that is about as useful as saying all NBA players are ex- Michigan, Duke or North Carolina Players.....

People have to be somewhere and so what if they come from the WWE, would it not then surely be Vince's loss and TNA's gain if they are successful.

I don't recall anyone complaining when Team 3D joined when they are clearly ex-WWE talent

Dude if you don't like what you see, just watch something else!!!

im loving tna. the wwe is so boring in my mind. i love hogan and all the former nwo crew being in tna. i have not been able to watch wrestling weekly since the end of wwe

That's right people the direction tna is heading does not look very promising for anyone that had a stake in how tna was. Look at the roster it's mostly ex wwe and wcw wrestlers that Dixie and bishoff and hogan are counting on to boost their programming with snipits of some tna origionals. Sure they show abyss,styles and a few others but in my opinion it's not TNA. Where's the origional tna roster??all I'm seeing is lazy underpaid ex wrestlers from wwe that didn't want to cut the mustard of a gruling wwe schedule. I know most all of you will disagree with this but that's the difference between quality and crap. What do ya think .

....Huh?

Let's take a look at the moves Hogan and Bischoff have made.

Brought in the Nasty Boys and Val Venis. All three were gone rather quickly. Jimmy Hart. He's a manager, and he is hardly tearing up the timeslot. Bubba the Fat Sponge...ok, he has no business anywhere near an actual wrestling promotion, I'll give you that one. Ric Flair is a manager as well, and he is working to get AJ Styles over (who, by the way, wasn't created by TNA).

Brian Kendrick (30 years old, hardly over the hill) and Shannon Moore (same age as Kendrick) were brought in to beef up the X-Division. Both have been solid to good performers, and hit big spots, so I doubt you have a beef with either of those guys.

Ken Anderson has had a GREAT feud with Angle, maybe the best so far of 2010. He's a younger guy, in his prime, so why should't TNA take advantage of that? RVD is an ICW sweetheart, who is still very good in the ring. My guess is you don't have a problem with him, but maybe you do. Jeff Hardy is still a top-notch performer, but has a lot of personal problems. But, he is a HUGE draw, maybe the biggest in TNA right now.

Scott Hall and Sean Waltman are not in their best shape, and probably shouldn't have jobs. But they haven't been as bad as anyone thought they would be, and I'm sure they're not getting paid a lot. They have helped in getting Eric Young over again, so what's the problem? Not like Hogan is going to cut the roster to keep them around. That won't happen, so don't get your panties in a bunch.

I'm just not seeing the 'TNA originals' being thrown out like you are. I don't see them being thrown out anytime soon either. TNA has brought in more ex-WWE/WCW guys BEFORE Hogan showed up, so why the Hogan hate?

I'm beginning to think Hogan and Bischoff are not doing as well as I thought they would, I agree with you there. But to say they are getting rid of the TNA guys is just plain stupid. Who have they gotten rid of? Daniels? That's it. Everyone else is still there. AJ Styles is the top heel in the company, he's not going anywhere. I just don't see where you are coming from.

If you don't like how Hogan is running the show, I get it. But for you to think he is trying to get rid of the TNA originals (who aren't really originals anyhow) is just nuts. Who would be on the show? He needs wrestlers, and WWE isn't having a fire sale anytime soon. I just don't get where you are coming from.

Where else are they going to get established talent from? saying that is about as useful as saying all NBA players are ex- Michigan, Duke or North Carolina Players.....

People have to be somewhere and so what if they come from the WWE, would it not then surely be Vince's loss and TNA's gain if they are successful.

I don't recall anyone complaining when Team 3D joined when they are clearly ex-WWE talent

Dude if you don't like what you see, just watch something else!!!

I don't think u understand what hes saying...There's a diffrence between sticking up for TNA, and ignoring the obvious, but your wrong, search most tna forums and people are saying Team 3D is stealing spot light, out of shape, needs to retire; and more. Do they still have it yes, but will they be here in 5-10 years, probably not. Almost every tag-team in tna has vanished, BMI and MCMG are what they need to be worried about, bring back British Invasion, honestly I think LAX may save the tag team division. But TNA is looking at grabbing Haas and Benjamin, there's another wwe tag-team. TNA is getting too carried away with being the top they create way to huge of a roster, and drop the guys who really are important.

Don't get me wrong, im a huge, HUGE TNA fan, But I can see when TNA's going to far. Yes, TNA needs to get noticed, Hogan, Bischoff, Flair, Angle, Sting, Anderson, NWO.....and more still coming, Im sure thats more than enough to be a draw for a company. TNA's trying to hard to get on WWE's radar when they need to stay where they are, and just grab fans, get ratings then go after big dog. Instead they're trying to "Re-Firnish" old talent and make them into stars or grab legends and give them another shot. TNA's steam-rolling into becoming the WEC of the UFC. TNA needs to worry about not spending to much money on major stars when "BLOOP" 1 monday were gonna see Triple H or some WWE wrestler in the ring announcing they bought it and INVASION PART 2.

And no, TNA did only let go of Daniels, Are they gonna let go of anyone else who knows....But when Team 3D fueding with Wolfpac, when it should be BMI or MCMG to get them even more over. I undestand the hole 1st time those 2 have met, but im sure alot of fans would like to see another team take them on.

Oh and to Nick03 TNA may have not created Aj Styles, but they did 1 of hell of a job doing so, better than WWE did having him get squashed to a superhero.

!
THATS CAUSE TEAM 3D DREW A CROWD WHEN THEY CAME

Watching TNA nowadays you see 97% ex-WWE has beens and 3% of the potential stars TNA has

TNA has all this ex wwe talent and what was their rating this past Monday? .5 thats ridiculous i mean NXT is the worst thing wrestling has to offer and its rated higher TNA is not longer T.N.A. its now H.B.F. this show was never about a million promos because the wrestling told the stories i mean we see the REAL X DIVISION what once every few weeks. The knockout division is becoming more and more Diva like. And any guy coming in from the WWE that was any kind of almost star is GUARANTEED a title reign over guys that should really get it.

WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT A HALL OF FAME RING???? LIKE REALLY

I mean you cant tell me your watching this show and are satisfied the only good thing T.N.A. has given is since January us Angle vs Anderson.

What ratings were TNA and what are they doing now? I am laughing out loud that Hogan is drawing 0.5's but you can't deny that TNA has drawn it's largest ratings with this current roster. I agree though in the sense that TNA is now full of old, past it former WWE and WCW wrestlers and I don't want to watch them. If they had a young, exciting new product I'd be more inclined to watch, but I don't watch because I don't want to see guys in their 50's wrestling for a fucking ring.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with you on this point. Where do you think the originals have gone? They still get just as much TV time as they ever did, except for a select few. Let's break it down:

** Christopher Daniels -- We all know what happened with him, and there's nothing TNA can/will do about it (for now)...can't really count him in the argument.

** Shark Boy -- I don't know if we should count him, either...Sharky's been absent from Impact since well before Jan 4, and (according to the dirt-sheets) might be given his walking-papers soon.

** MCMG -- These guys are gold, and I'll agree that they're not being used to their full-potential.

** Generation Me -- They haven't really made a huge splash since their debut in TNA, and could be used better than they have been.

** Desmond Wolfe
-- Would you count him as "original"? He hasn't worked for the WWE, but was established over at RoH. Does he count? I thought that his feud with Angle kicked ass, but since Hogan & Co. took over he hasn't been treated as the huge commodity that he is. Hopefully TNA will take notice, now that the ranking-system is in effect.

** Kiyoshi
-- Haven't really seen him since W/E split, but that was before Jan 4, so I don't necessarily think the Hogan-regime is to blame. He never really had a big spot on TV anyway. I don't know if I'd necessarily count him as an "original" either.

** Homicide
-- Looked like he was going to get into a program with Hardy on the Jan 4 show, but nothing ever came of it. Since then, I only really remember seeing him in one match against Rob Terry...he must have been on TV more than that one match, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Everything I've read says that he's getting teamed back up with Hernandez, but it probably won't happen for a little while; since Hernandez is off TV while selling the head-shot from Morgan.

** Magnus -- haven't seen him for a while now. I honestly don't have much to say about him though, since I never really cared for the guy's on-screen character. He'll probably show back up with Williams sooner or later.

** Suicide -- I sincerely doubt that you could be upset about losing this on-screen character. Kaz even returned as HIMSELF about a month after the Hogan-regime started. There's no way you can say that Kaz has been buried on TV by the new regime.

I apologize if I forgot anyone, but that's really about it for the "originals" that haven't been on TV as much. Since most of these guys didn't work for WWE, do you count them as "originals"? The only character here that was created by TNA was Suicide. All of the other guys established their characters somewhere else before coming to TNA.

I do agree with you that Gen. Me, MCMG and Wolfe should be used a bit better than they have been. I think everyone else is getting their fair-share of the pie. Hopefully once Hernandez comes back, LAX will reform and take the tag-belts from Morgan. Then (I hope!!) we'll see MCMG & Gen. Me in the title-picture.

Homicide and Magnus haven't been used properly either, but Homicide will most likely be paired back up with Hernandez, and Magnus with Williams. I don't think these two are going anywhere either, there's probably plans in the works for them.

Other "originals", such as Abyss, Joe, AJ, Dinero, Morgan, Williams, Young, Hernandez, Storm, Roode, Lethal, & Jesse Neal are on TV all the time! There's no way you could complain about these guys not getting their time. Well, Hernandez & Joe haven't been on TV as much over the last few months (for obvious reasons), but we can all see that there's a plan in the future for Super-Mex, and Joe is already back.

The guys who have REALLY been absent from Impact and under-utilized are Rhino, Stevie Richards, Raven & Tomko. I think those four are the ones that have had the biggest falling-out since Hogan & Co. took the reins, and they would fall into the category of ex-WWE workers that you were talking about, wouldn't they?

I guess my question for you, StubbyStu, is who exactly is getting screwed here by Hogan & Bischoff? Which "originals" do you think they're trying to get rid of? Hell, three out of the four belts are currently being held by "originals" for crying out loud!! ...sorry for such a long post.

I don't think they want to get rid of the og's of The A. Besides, Jay Lethal still has a job. The only original gone is Daniels. Joe came back and killed someone. Beer Money still kicking. MCMG, and maybe a few more in the back. Now I know some aren't getting their time, but I like the way The A is sprinkling in old and new. Believe it or not, some fans still love seeing Hogan, Flair, Sting, and The Band. Hell I do sometimes. Reminds me of Vintage War. You do see the dudes they wanna hand the ball too. Pope, Wolfe, Morgan, and ANDERSON............ANDERSON!!!! So all in all, I think they know what they doing.

Oh yea....And giving Abyss that fake ass HOF ring making him in to a Real American Monster is Lame. And the remix music is Lame.

IM sick and tired of people talking about the current product aka tna and wwe why complain about the product when this is the best time to be a wrestling fan guys were back in the golden age of wrestling this is like 90's why must we tear down everthing cant you just enjoy what these guys are doing for you putting their lives on hold and their bodys at risk to entertain you and your gonna sit back and complain. sure tna could be making better decisions but come on they just got a bunch of new talent and their just trying stuff out seeing what works what doesnt and once guys like anderson and pope and even guys like brian kendrick get more into things i think tna will be better but still their doing good for such a new company for godsake they havent even been around as long as smackdown. and as for the wwe i think they have been doing 10x as better than they were swagger stepped up and is doing awesome cm punk is golden along with the whole s.e.s drew mac can break through anytime christian is finally getig the attention he deserves now is there stuff that each company can do better yea but o well so just quit with this wwe vs tna bs and enjoy wrestling. P.S Anderson is the best thing that will happen for tna same with daniel bryan in wwe your looking at the steve austin and bret har of our time. o and one more thing ANDERSON!

IM sick and tired of people talking about the current product aka tna and wwe why complain about the product when this is the best time to be a wrestling fan guys were back in the golden age of wrestling this is like 90's why must we tear down everthing cant you just enjoy what these guys are doing for you putting their lives on hold and their bodys at risk to entertain you and your gonna sit back and complain. sure tna could be making better decisions but come on they just got a bunch of new talent and their just trying stuff out seeing what works what doesnt and once guys like anderson and pope and even guys like brian kendrick get more into things i think tna will be better but still their doing good for such a new company for godsake they havent even been around as long as smackdown. and as for the wwe i think they have been doing 10x as better than they were swagger stepped up and is doing awesome cm punk is golden along with the whole s.e.s drew mac can break through anytime christian is finally getig the attention he deserves now is there stuff that each company can do better yea but o well so just quit with this wwe vs tna bs and enjoy wrestling. P.S Anderson is the best thing that will happen for tna same with daniel bryan in wwe your looking at the steve austin and bret har of our time. o and one more thing ANDERSON!

I really don't understand why people hate on TNA's roster. The WWE is the biggest name in the game they call sports entertainment. We're talking about an entity with a borderline monopoly on the business. It is inevitable that if you operate in the same business with a degree of mild success, your roster will likely largely consist of WWE caliber athletes and a few gems you picked up from the independents. Don't start caring now just because TNA want's to send out warning shots and are getting some really big names that the WWE didn't want or treat properly. Nobody was complaining about Angle, Morgan, Jarrett, Dudlez etc before Jan 4th and as long as the homegrown talent is showcased, and they are the product as a whole is better for it.

I had to post again on this thread, after re-reading some of this stuff. Don't worry, I'll keep this one short!

Yes, TNA has signed some former WWE, WCW, RoH & ECW stars. WCW signed some former WWF & ECW stars. WWE signed some former WCW, ECW, RoH & TNA stars. It's the way things go in the business of wrestling. If wrestlers want to wrestle, they need a ring to do it in! If they can work on TV, all the better!

The guys who are over will be over no matter where they go, why not use them to their full-potential? I'm not saying TNA should do that at the cost of their "originals" (btw - I keep using "originals" in quotes because it's no secret that these guys got established somewhere else first), but if a wrestler is over exploit the fact that he's fucking over for christ's sake!! How else do you expect TNA, or ANY wrestling company to succeed?

WWE has pushed these guys to the moon: Jericho (ECW/WCW), CM Punk (RoH), Rey Mysterio (ECW/WCW), Big Show (WCW), Eddie Guerrero (ECW/WCW), and countless others over the years. There was always still room for the homegrown guys as well. Some of the homegrown guys/gimmicks got over, and some of them didn't. Should the WWE have put the Boogeyman or Kizarny or The Gobbledy Gooker in the title-hunt simply because they were "originals"? Hell no...and the reason they never were in the title-picture (and eventually released) is because they couldn't get the fans to care about them. TNA isn't doing things that differently than the WWE has done in the past.

I agree with a lot of you, I'm sick of all the hate TNA gets for this. I'm sick of all the hate that Hogan & Bischoff are getting as well. If you're bitching about TNA doing this, then you'd better start bitching about the wrestling industry as a whole doing this.

People seem to hate Bischoff, and Hogan so much... for what exactly? They are IMO trying to help build a second wrestling company that can compete with WWE before Vince makes it a monopoly. I applaud Hogan, and Bischoff. They are treading some very deep water, and putting their names on the line to help TNA create something that can be successful. I think they are doing a great job trying to push the Originals. Look at AJ Styles, Abyss, MMG, Samoa Joe, they are top of the chain right now. The only reason TNA hasn't used alot of the original's is because there are 2 many. They have as many if not more of a roster than WWE, and WWE has 3 weekly show's. TNA has one, so they need to push the bigger names being either originals or new faces to push forward and get ratings, and audiences to get bigger so they can grow. Please quit Hating on Hogan/Bischoff for what they are trying to do. There is no one else out there trying to compete against WWE because there so huge. It might be better if the haters just took a back seat and supported TNA, and help out. Otherwise all you will ever see is WWE on tv, and watch the same boring people.
Good talent that is released have to still work. It might as well be with TNA.

People seem to hate Bischoff, and Hogan so much... for what exactly? They are IMO trying to help build a second wrestling company that can compete with WWE before Vince makes it a monopoly. I applaud Hogan, and Bischoff. They are treading some very deep water, and putting their names on the line to help TNA create something that can be successful.
Wouldn't it be better for them to focus on building up TNA, its fanbase, and making a profit, rather than on competing with the WWE at this time? TNA is not WCW. TNA does not have the fanbase or the exposure that WCW had before challenging the WWE.
The next question is do Hogan and Bischoff really have TNA's best interest at heart, or are they all about recreating the Monday Night Wars and showing that they can beat the WWE with this second chance? Are they genuine or is it all about their egos and "legacies". If it's the latter, then TNA will not succeed. Hogan may need money bad now so you'd think TNA's best interest should be his, but an enormous ego can also blind a person to what his/her best interest should be.

I think they are doing a great job trying to push the Originals. Look at AJ Styles, Abyss, MMG, Samoa Joe, they are top of the chain right now.
You honestly believe that they're doing a great job with Abyss? You're the first person I've come across that believes that. What "great job" are they doing with the MCMG? I haven't seen them on tv in a good while. Does anybody really see Abyss as a draw? Even if he turns against Hogan, will the fans care at that point? I do think they realize that they have to keep some of the "originals" and that they're not getting rid of them all.

I'm not a TNA hater, it does need to succeed because wrestlers need work. Nobody wants to see another large number of people on the unemployment line or struggling to make ends meet. My concern has always been whether Hogan and Bischoff's intentions are legit in regards to bettering TNA.

WCW didn't challenge WWE. Vince McMahon challenged Ted Turner. McMahon had already begun buying up the competition in the early 80's, including a show that was doing good ratings on TBS. Once this show was purchased and replaced by crap the ratings tanked. Moving forward,WCW already had a decent following being serious as opposed to the cartoonish WWF. WCW started consistently putting on better shows than WWE. Turner opened his checkbook and the big names came for the money. Vince got his ass kicked for 84 weeks straight. That's damn near 2 years btw. Eric Bishoff was running the show.

Dude, you all are missing the point on this. Think about the strategy here. Rob van Dam has the title right now. Hopefully he brings more people to the show as far as viewers because people know who he is. He's going to wrestle other TNA Originals and as long as they have a great match or an excellent feud, they can build new stars. People seeing these guys wrestle RVD is going to help them remember who they are and recognize them. If a TNA original beats RVD for the title, it's going to add to their credibility to the fans. In the end, that's what counts. Among other things they have done to help build up the originals. You cannot deny that Beer money is hot right now. They are originals. LAX is going to explode when they return. It looks like they are about to push Jessy Neal, he's an original. Matt Morgan is a stand out Heel right now and in his current work, he is a TNA original. Yes, I know he started at WWE, but what he does now and what he did then, has absolutely ZERO to do with each other. "The Blue Print" gimmick is all TNA. AJ is hot right now as is the X-Division. Abyss is getting a huge push right now, and I can't wait for him to monster up again because I do hate what they are doing with him. So the answer is "No", I am sure that TNA will keep most of the originals around that they have right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back