Will We See Another Money In The Bank PPV?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Last night, we saw the inaugural Money in the Bank Pay Per View from the WWE. A lot had been said before the event that the Money in the Bank match was probably better saved for WrestleMania and by making it into a PPV, the WWE ran the risk of losing the allure of the match stipulation. We also have speculation that because of the event, we wont get to see another Money in the Bank match at WrestleMania for a while.

So, after what you saw last night from the Money in the Bank PPV, do you think this will be a recurring PPV type? Or do you think that the WWE will revert back to having a match at WrestleMania instead and scrap the event for next year?

Personally, I thought it was a very successful night last night and I haven’t been hyped for an event like that since before WrestleMania this year and it was due to the excitement that was obviously going to come out of it. Money in the Bank is a match type (and now a PPV type) that we have come to expect a lot of and I don’t think it has ever let us down. We fully expect to be entertained and taken aback by the proceedings and I don’t think that last night was any different in that respect.

I think it was probably the second best PPV of this year, right after WrestleMania and I would love to see this becoming a recurring PPV idea. It was very exciting to see how things were going to pan out and it was extremely unpredictable and that is something that is hard to come by these days.

But what do you think?

We most likely will. The Money in the Bank pay per view was pretty good. WWE always seems to repeat a Pay Per View at least once before they dish it.

WWE is eager to push new talents. This Pay Per View allows for them to do it. Without too much work at hand. Of course there's gonna be some that will complain about it. But in the end if the talent makes sense. And it's handled properly this event could very well prove successful and a continued concept that will continue to serve a purpose.

And because it continues to serve a purpose. As well as to sell. Then WWE will continue to promote it and air it.

I would think so definitely. I think this PPV has been much better than the other 3 we've had since Wrestlemania.

The concept was great, and its so exiting because there are so many things that can happen. They've never failed since the inception of money in the bank at Wrestlemania to pull out a great ladder match, and from the match I saw last night (the SD one) they didn't again.

The only question is now do they keep the Wrestlemania money in the bank match?

It was definitely a great PPV, especially added to the fact that we had 2 MITB matches instead of 1. Personally, I would favor the match being at WrestleMania instead because I feel like it just is overall grander, the win would be more a spectacle, and it seems slightly more unpredictable.

However, I don't mind it being a PPV after this whole month and last night's showing. I agree with you Dave, I haven't been so hyped for a PPV since Mania, and they definitely have more time to make the feuds more personal, engaging and intertwining for a PPV MitB then a Wrestlemania MitB. So, yeah, I do think we will see it as a PPV next year.

I think the more interesting question would be whether we'll see MITB at wrestlemania now that it has its own PPV. Really it depends on buys, but if the reaction to this PPV is positive, and it seems to be, there's definitely a lot they can do with it and it allows to get at least a handful of guys on PPV who wouldn't normally be there. It's a great concept and it works on a lot of levels, so I think we'll definitely be seeing another one.

Personally, i would love to see another Money in the Bank Pay-Per-View, i was at the show last night and it was very exciting, so yeah they should bring it back next year.

since i found out they were gonna do a MITB ppv ive looked forward to last night all year i looked forward to it as much as i did WM and besides the obvious weak finish i think it was a success and we may have finally found a ppv to replace the lost but not forgotten KOTR tourney which was one of my favorite ppvs growing up now to answer the question yes i do believe there will be another MITB ppv next year now my question is what will WWE do to replace this match at WM? considering thats one match i looked forward to every year at WM but i do believe last night was a huge success and big props to kane for cashing in and finally being a world champ again he much deserves it

I think they will definitely have another MITB PPV next year. For the most part I have heard positive reactions and I really enjoyed watching it.

I also hope they keep a MITB match at Wrestlemania because I still want their to be a "universal" briefcase once per year. It is much more unpredictable when the winner can cash in on ANY champion on ANY show.

I hope they return this PPV next year and I think it could become a very successful and entertaining PPV for years to come.

I thought the show was great and as you all say the best ppv since mania. But I hope they find someway to keep the MITB at Mania as that has become one the reasons to watch WM. I also enjoy the qualifying matches leading up to WM, which is what I thought the PPV was lacking as the participants were just announced...

It seems WWE has systematically set MITB to be the new King Of The Ring PPV. If anything, Miz's aftermatch promo had me thinking about Stone Cold and his "Austin 3:16". Miz got a huge win followed by a huge promo and capped off with a huge pop. All that for one mid-carder. This event thas huge potential. I say scrap the WM version and head with this direction. If anything, lower the amount of contestants. 6 would be fine.

Whether or not the whole themed PPV concept sticks around, I think we'll see another Money in the Bank PPV. It's a great concept, and a creative way to give people an instant main event push. Kane is the new World Champion, and Miz is the next "face of Monday Night Raw". I don't know that WrestleMania will host another MITB match, but next year, who could we see take the briefcase? As much as I think the WWE can (and usually does) jump the gun or choose the wrong people to take the torch, it's a good concept. It's hard to get people over into the main event, especially if they've spent so much time in the midcard. Miz is a brilliant talent, but are they just going to throw him into the title picture? They could, but now he's got a briefcase that lets him cash in whenever he wants and it adds suspense and makes me want to watch Raw tonight and every week until he becomes champion. It's a great PPV, and I hope it does return next year.

I think they should keep The Money in the Bank PPV. With the match at Mania, u get 4 guys from each show who might win, where as with the PPV, you can get 8 guys per show, and enable guys like Evan Bourne, JoMo and guys in similar spots as them a chance instead of it being always the same main event guys like Edge and Jericho.

It should... and I wish it does as well..

VKM has said it depends on the buyrate, if its high then it will be repeated again next year and scrapped from WrestleMania, but if its low then it will remain a match for WrestleMania and the ppv will be scrapped...But seriously come on, this was the best ppv since WrestleMania...

Either way the MITB PPV pans out, the concept should and will survive in some form. It's a great way to elevate someone into the Main Event picture without having to build an intricate (read: believable) storyline to get him there. Sure, for example Miz could work his butt off and earn his way to the top going through guys like Jericho, Edge, Orton, etc, but two of them are heels and that risks losing Miz as a heel, or one of the other guys. There really aren't a bunch of top level Faces he could fight right now to make him believable in the Main Event scene by going the traditional route.

Again, Miz is an example here. It could be anyone, JoMo, RTruth, Evan Bourne, Dolph Ziggler, etc. This is a great concept for whoever they'd like to push into that top level of the company. After he's there, and if he's successful or at least has a great showing at the top, THEN they can build revenge stories, vengeance stories, etc (look at Swagger right now for instance).

I didn't purchase this PPV, because they're just too expensive anymore, $45 on Directv for me. I only paid $50 I think for Mania. But I'd love to see them keep this concept.

I'd say we'll see another MITB ppv. The concept has generated a lot of buzz above your average WWE ppv and I'd say that the buyrate for last night's show will be pretty above average. Personally, I think that the WWE should do away with the WM MITB match because I don't think it has quite the same special feel about it at WM anymore. I've found myself looking forward much more to the MITB ppv than I did for the match itself at WrestleMania. Come up with a new, special match concept at WM and keep the MITB as a seperate ppv event. With the ppv, each brand gets its own match with its own stars to show what they've got and I just think it fits in better with the whole concept of seperate brands.

I absolutely loved it and the Tag match was good, my least favorite, but not a bad just my least liked bout.

The two Divas matches were awesome. Loved seeing the WWE give them a decent amount of time to go at it. It seemed to me as though Kelly was really into it and the screaming is something I think she should keep up in the ring, it just added on to me. I liked the events outside the ring during her match. And as for Alicia, her picking a spot and working on it strategy with Eve's back was epic, the way she dismantled her body was awesome. Those hardcore backbreakers.

I just enjoy my Divas and those were two great matches which is something we dont get to see, but after last night it was obvious to me as I've always known, they need more time in the ring than they get weekly. Alicia & Eve looked good from the moment they were locking it up center of the ring

MITB bouts were always gonna be a hit and they were. Bigshow's ladder added something special to the SD! match. I pretty much called the idea that atleast one cash-in would take place and Kane winning surprised me though he was my 2nd pick. Happy for Kane.

Steel Cage match was good and exactly what I thought would happen happened. You dont keep ppl out with a cage, that's a cell. There's no roof on a cage and with 7 guys they come from all directions, two guys cant keep them out.
Unless they have all Nexus members handcuffed at ringside, they can expect interference

Overall a 5 star event like I knew it would be, so of course they'll continue this. I cant believe ppl doubted that in anyway and telling ppl this event was on my Birthday they kept saying "Hope the PPV doesnt spoil your Birthday" and I'm replying like, Really? how can a MITB PPV with two of those bouts, headlined by a cage be boring? Another World title bout a good tag bout and for me 2 Divas matches in a night especially on PPV is a dream come true each time. I loved each match.

I believe we will, because the way it seems to me, the PPV drew quite nicely.

The shock and awe of a historic night according to the commentators, Kane cashing in on the same night and Miz winning, it's just nostalgic to some people. I would like to see another one and see another shocking win, maybe give another superstar a big break, and I agree with Riaku, it is kind of set to be the King of the Ring, and that makes me want to see it even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back