Will this be the first year we see a MITB winner cash in and lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From WrestleMania 21 to WrestleMania XXVI, I thought that the MITB winner should never lose his cash in match. Last year, when the Money In the Bank PPV debut, I thought for a second that, if it is going to happen, then it should happen with whoever won the case at that PPV. After seeing Kane and Miz successfully cashed in their respective cases, I thought about it, and it would actually be pointless for the MITB winner to lose the match. I believe something similar to this happened on TNA, where a Feast Or Fired case holder lost their cash in match. Being that I don’t remember who it was or what Title it was even for, proves to me that having the MITB / FOF winner lose is pointless. At this point in time, I don’t think the case winner should ever lose when turning in their briefcase.

I would like to see a tweak this year on the MitB briefcases... say Sheamus wins the SD case and Punk wins RAW's and both go on dominant runs after the PPV but the feuds they get embroiled in never bring them in to contact with their respective World Champs. This continues to the night after the RR (which neither take part in because they still have their cases). Vinnie Mac is in the ring and Sheamus comes down to the ring and demands a shot at 'the streak' for his case, Punk's music hits and he comes down and demands that HIS contract be used for a shot at the streak... a bit of a scuffle breaks out and we end up with Mr McMahon scheduling a triple threat only to discover that it's a ruse and the two guys are in cahoots. The whole build up to WM then is the streak versus TWO guys who possess something that has always guaranteed victory. Given that it's well known that Taker's career is basically on it's last legs, I think a storyline of this nature could actually cast doubts on a guaranteed win for the Deadman.

I hope so to be honest.

with everyone winning MitB becoming champion it takes away some of the mystery away from it. yeah we don't know when they will cash it in but we know when they do they will win.

I like the fact that it's a back up plan if the champion gets hurt but we need one to lose this year in order to get some of that mystery back which is my favorite part of the MitB concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back