Will There Be Any Big Surprises For IMPACT on May 31st?

dwith

Pre-Show Stalwart
I haven't seen anything anywhere really from TNA of any surprises of any kind for the first live show. Do I think there will be, YES. I did see that TNA is now trying to "figure" out who the opponent for DEVON will be, and I think that will be a surprise.
In my opinion it will be CHRIS MASTERS that will make his debut impact so to speak and take the title off of DEVON.
For me DEVON doesn't fit as the UNTIED STATES CHAMPION, tag team is one thing but I haven't cared for him at all outside of that.

Will their be any more debut's or surprises for this thursday? If TNA want's to keep a solid customer base for the summer of LIVE IMPACTS, I believe they need to up their game every single week, and have something that really makes people want to tune in on thursday's since they can't read the spoilers.
I would almost bet that you will see the return of JEFF JARRETT to IMPACT to hopefully reinstate the KING OF THE RING, and build that up for their summer PPV.

Does anyone else think there may be some surprises or debut's for this thursday night's live IMPACT, and tell us what you think they will be.

Im having trouble working out if your for real here or not.The US Title and King of the Ring are WWE things matey.So your either a bit daft or not very good at trolling !! Which is it ?

Generally im sure there will be 1 or 2 surprises in the form of debuting superstars.Your Chris Masters seems like a good idea though.Maybe JoMo/melina as i know Impact Wrestlings keen of them both.

Usually when TNA does "surprises", they either flop or dont last. Id like to see austin aries face devon and win the us belt, then have impact close with an Ultimate X match. I would put aj styles, samoa joe, RVD, Angle, Kaz, Daniels, Zema Ion, and obviously Aries. I would have it be down to Joe and RVD where RVD barely wins and this could start a joe/rvd feud. Aries could be on the outside/interference by bully ray. Giving Aries the US title would make it bigger and there could be some awesome x division matches with RVD.

Could care less about Chris Masters and I hope Sting really put Roode over.

Im having trouble working out if your for real here or not.The US Title and King of the Ring are WWE things matey.So your either a bit daft or not very good at trolling !! Which is it ?

Generally im sure there will be 1 or 2 surprises in the form of debuting superstars.Your Chris Masters seems like a good idea though.Maybe JoMo/melina as i know Impact Wrestlings keen of them both.
I think he may be confusing Ring KA King which was the name TNA used for their India wrestling promotion. Jeff Jarrett was there and he may be speaking of the King of the Mountain match they used to hold every year at Slammiversary rather than the King of the Ring.

As for surprises I'm sure there will be some but I really hope it's not bringing in Masters, Morrison or any other former WWE stars.

I'm assuming you mean Jarrett would bring back the "King of the Mountain" match right :)? Which in many ways makes sense, as it's Slammiversary time and that was a Slammiversary staple and they're focusing on enough Challengers for Roodes title to make that match feasible.

I hope we get a surprise in the form of a compelling X Division guy to fight Austin Aries, their is a lot of talent that could be signed for a one off bout.

I am sure they will announce a big "surprise" like they have in the past just to get people to watch. But I am sure whatever they wind up actually doing will be a big letdown.

Depending on his status with the WWE at that time, they could easily call the signing of John Morrison and Melina as the "huge surprise."

It's possible that TNA will do something in which Taz & Tenay will their best to put over as some epic event to change the shape of pro wrestling as we know it. More than likely, the "big surprise" would either be a huge disappointment or would seem exciting for a week or two with TNA unable to sustain the initial momentum the surprise generated.

They've debuted the Gut Check concept, which has been luke warm at best overall thus far, and the same with Open Fight Night. So, I'm not looking for TNA to announce any other new type of concept so soon. It's possible that some wrestlers could make their debut next week, maybe some who are working in Ring Ka King, for instance. TNA could bring in another former WWE guy that they'll try to hype the crap out of. However, unless John Cena, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton or a few others pop up on the show, it's not going to generate tons of hype. And since any of those guys showing up is impossible, unless TNA wants to be countersued by WWE, that's not going to happen. TNA's already gone down the road of debuting ex WWE guys to generate buzz so often that the novelty is worn off. Aside from that, there really aren't many of the older veterans left to bring in that are still relevant.

In my eyes, TNA would be better off just focusing on trying to deliver a solid show next week. Just put on some good wrestling matches, a couple of good promos, progress storylines and then just take it on a week by week basis. TNA has had masssive problems with pacing in the past, such as trying to cram 3 weeks of storyline development into a single show, or focusing on one show to pop a rating by delivering "big surprises" thereby essentially blowing their load that one night and not being able to sustain the momentum in the coming weeks.

Of course, if TNA doesn't have any "big surprises", you'll have some that'll bitch and moan about it. Every show, whether on television or ppv, has to be this amazingly epic spectacle or they'll call it a failure. God forbid anyone put on a show that's just simply good and entertaining to watch.

hear me out. this might sound crazy but i think it is possible and it needs to happen. There is no other surprise appearance that can change the landscape of tna like this brilliant individual. Tna needs to shock the world by bringing...... AL freakin SNOW!

TNA's surprises always end up lame as shit. TNA will fail going live, they nede to start having their television shows in bigger arenas, only way to draw bigger crowds is to have more tickets on sale, thus bigger arenas. Impact looks second rate and as such is viewed that way. Poor business Dixie

the 2 surprises that would actually work would be batista and paul heyman. batista was a main event wrestler in wwe for years and probably the biggest name they could get to come in, it is a long shot but he would make an impact no pun intended. heyman, who im not sure if he has a wwe contract or not, has recently been involved in a major angle on raw and is seen as someone who can actually change the landscape of tna. highly doubtful either would appear but if neither is under contract it could theoretically happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back