Will Stone Cold Steve Austin Return?

Loganity

Pre-Show Stalwart
With WM30 around the corner, and so many potential returns, one person I would really like to see return for WM30 is Stone Cold Steve Austin. The only problem is as things stand now I don't see too many roles he could play, except for "Host." So the question is, do you think we will see the return of Stone Cold? Or will the 30th anniversary of the biggest show of the year come & go without any involvement from "The Texas Rattlesnake"?

Right, WM30 is right around the corner, which would make it highly unlikely that Austin is going to have any involvement. In this day and age, there are no surprises, and Austin's name has not come up once, anywhere, when WM30 is discussed.

It sounds like Hogan is going to be there in some capacity, and possibly Sting. WM31 would seem like a more legit possibility.

I think Austin is a smart Wrestling man understand the business and I just don't think he will come back to this shit WWE is putting on unless they pay a ridiculous amount of money because WWE would make him put Cena over in some way like they have done with Rock, Foley, Flair, Piper etc and I just don't see Austin returning for the benefit of Cena.

Also he has said if he had another match he would want it to be against Punk. Punk has apparently left the company and I don't think Austin would want to wrestle anyone else so I am gonna say he is done with the WWE

As a host , not sure this year..that role seems to be for Hogan.
In his more recent interviews/podcasts, Austin said that while he can get fit for a match (well not this year), he is not really for that idea. From his perspective, it took years to get the business out of his system. He does not want to train like hell for months, have a match and then end up saying to himself, "now what?". It is not a perspective I actually understand but I was never in his shoes, I am just a fan. He did say he was open to do something with WWE , just not as a wrestler.
He always said he wanted to face CM Punk. I am sure that if he wanted , they may have him vs. Cena but I am sure Austin would not go in to half ass a match, take the money and go home. If he did wrestle again, he would really like to deliver and to do so , given the years out of the ring , I can understand why he would prefer to fight someone like Punk instead of Cena.
But the bottom line seems to be that he just does not want to do it anymore. But never say never in wrestling.

I don't think he wants to come back, that's not saying that I don't think the sound of the people chanting his name or the people popping for his entrance, but I think he gets his place in the business. He's happy, he's doing his own thing, and he loves it, I'm sure he misses the business, the fact that he still wants it and praises people that are coming up.

He still loves wrestling, but he understands his time has passed and that now is the time for others to blaze their own trails and make their own marks like he did. He doesn't want to be too far into the spotlight in WWE, he's better of sticking to doing the other things he likes and watching the shows and supporting the talent. I'm happy for him, and if I never saw Austin in the WWE again, I wouldn't mind, because I'd respect him for knowing where he stands, it's always nice to come back for the fans, maybe if he comes around for a Raw when they honor the legends and such, it's alright. But he's pretty much done everything for the company, he was honored as a Hall of Famer, that's pretty much it, the day he was made a Hall of Famer, his place in the current company ended, but his legacy in the company will always be there.

He would want to be the biggest angle going into the show I think. Maybe next year because I think there will be a little too much going on this year

Austin MIGHT pop up on the February 24th episode of Raw. It's the Raw after Elimination Chamber and the WWE Network will be officially launched after it goes off the air. Austin was part of the handful of WWE legends who were on hand in Las Vegas where WWE officially announced the launching of the network, so he might be on hand.
I read some reports in the past few weeks saying that WWE wanted to have some big stars on the show that night, so it's not at all impossible for Stone Cold to show up, maybe Shawn Michaels, it's quite possible that Hulk Hogan will make his return that not and so might The Undertaker.

But as far as Austin having anything to do with WrestleMania XXX, it's highly unlikely. Austin's 49 years old and hasn't wrestled in over a decade, I doubt he's even in ring shape at this point. It's possible that, with WWE's barrage of medical exams, Austin might not even be medically cleared to wrestle. I think if he was ever going to come out of retirement to have one more big match, it would've happened by now. Austin has his own thing going on right now. He's making straight to DVD movies, popping up in bit parts in bigger movies every so often, he's doing his thing with his podcast, etc.

I don't think he's coming back. He's not really needed anymore. The ship has sailed on the period of time he was needed like if he was active during the time The Rock came back WM 27-29, that would have been his best shot

He loves what he is doing in terms of his podcast, which is really picking up steam. Add on the fact that he really can't be the true Stone Cold we loved back in his early years in regards to age and him being restricted with his character and promos, I don't see him coming back nor do I see him wanting to come back. I can't blame him for wanting a Wrestlemania about him like the Rock had. But I'd prefer to remember him the way he was. Not force a match just to have one.

I'd love for him to be there for his podcast, which I know is what HE wanted to do. But it sounds like they won't let him. That'd be a great show.

BTW, for those who have never heard Austin's show, I highly recommend you do so. He's really getting the host/interview role down pat and he interviews wrestlers with some really good backstage stories.

Doesn't need the WWE for money or publicity. Has his podcasts and occasional movie role.

Not to mention his gimmick would be neutered horribly in the current WWE landscape of playing it safe.

Plus, what the hell would he do? The only reason I want to see Stone Cold on my WWE screen in 2014 is maybe a battle of the words with Punk with the straight edge vs. beer drinking SOB thing, but what's the point if he can't wrestle?

I really hope so. Austin is one of the biggest superstars of all time and it is always great to see him. He is simply such an iconic character and there are very few things the WWE can do come Mania that will make me happier then seeing Austin hit a few stunners.

There is also the fact the WWE Network is launching. Austin is the face of the Attitude Era and having him around for a few Raw's will make people nostalgic.

Will he? I'm not sure. There are others: Hogan, Sting, HoF inductees that may take up time as well as the fact WM will have a packed card. Hopefully they can find time for him to interact with Barrett or 3MB but I don't think he will feature.

No - I think we'll see HBK, Hogan, Warrior, Jake the Snake and hopefully Sting (at end of Takers match).. They really have no use for Austin

I think it would be awesome to have him special guest ref/enforcer role for a D.Bryan vs Triple H match. He could be a sympathizer to Bryan who is currently in the role Austin used to be in with the McMahons and HHH. I think it'd be perfect for him to ensure that Bryan gets a fair match after being cheated time and again by HHH, Steph, HBK, Orton, Kane etc. I think it's a no brainer.

As for him returning in a wrestling capacity, unfortunately not this year. It's sad because I feel he owes it to his fans...not after all he's given or anything...he doesn't owe us anything for that, but he owes us for all the teasing and flip flopping he's done over the past couple years. It's kind of not right.

It's bad enough we were cheated out of a match with him and Hogan in 2005-2006 when Hogan called him out on Raw when it went back to the USA channel. But to have it happen with Punk lately and not go through with it is tough to accept as a big fan. We never got that last match heads up like we did with Flair and HBK. His retirement was just abrupt and unannounced until later.

He says in interviews that he can wrestle for a couple years full time. Then says he'd have to only take a few months to get into ring shape. Then cuts promos on Raw with Punk and then later on in a more heated promo for the WWE 13 video game with Jr as the mediator. Also says he'd love to wrestle Punk all the time. He then says for the WWE 2k14 game that he could come back but the WWE would have to make it worth his while financially. If they paid Mayweather all that money, why not Austin? So if that's not the issue, what is?

He recently (on Jerichos pod cast) says that he doesn't wanna wrestle at Mania and then say "now what?" ...he's got it out of his system and doesn't wanna fall in love with it again. I don't get that. Then why do all of this stuff? The promos, the getting hopes up of saying you can physically do it, say they only have to pay you and you'll do it, but then kill it all with a weak excuse? Just say "no" I'm done from the start. Don't tease everyone.

I personally don't find that acceptable but it's his life. With all that said, I highly doubt he ever comes back for one more match knowing him. Sucks, because him and Punk would've been great.

Right, WM30 is right around the corner, which would make it highly unlikely that Austin is going to have any involvement. In this day and age, there are no surprises, and Austin's name has not come up once, anywhere, when WM30 is discussed.

It sounds like Hogan is going to be there in some capacity, and possibly Sting. WM31 would seem like a more legit possibility.

You could not be more wrong : The Rock was a hell of a surprise, if they wanted 2, they could, especially for SCSA

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back