Will Nikki still beat AJ Lee's Record?

Does Nikki Bella beat AJ's Record

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ASKane

Championship Contender
Until last night most people thought Nikki was gonna break AJ's title reign record before the NXT divas arrived, I'm interested to see how many people still think this way. Nikki is currently 2 months off the record and has Naomi, Paige, Becky, Charlotte and Sasha Banks as challengers and I for one think that after the debuts one must be winning the title at Summerslam with my preference being Sasha. With the new contenders emerging 2 months before she breaks AJ's record I ask a simple question, Does Nikki Bella beat AJ's record?

I still think she will beat AJ's record. As of today, Nikki is only 63 days away from AJ's record of 295 days. That means if she loses the title at Night of Champions, she will still pass the record (301 days).

You don't need to put the title on one of these new girls right away. They will probably do some crazy 3 vs 3 vs 3 match at Battleground. Then at SummerSlam it could easily be another non-title match of Charlotte & Lynch vs Evil Bella Twins. Or it could be Nikki vs Paige in the finale of their feud with Nikki winning. This will have allowed enough time to build up one of the new Diva's for a title match at Night of Champions, finally dethroning Nikki.

That is entirely logical to me, and still has Nikki beat the record. I think the way both AJ and CM Punk left the company, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they'd rather erase AJ's record especially since Nikki's so close.

When WWE thinks something is important they have commentators and/or wrestlers mention it. Both the commentators and Nikki have been specifically referring to AJ by name. I think they want to make it clear that it is AJs record being broken. After that happens, she'll soon lose the belt to one of the NXT trio.

I think Nikki beating her title reign is irrelevant. It's the divas championship, it' only been in existence since 2008 and only a dozen woman has held that championship. It meant nothing when AJ broke that record and it means nothing now. I think Nikki might deserve that accolade more than AJ, but it's still not a big accomplishment. People talk about it like she's going to become the longest reigning Woman's champ ever.

She will probably break that record, i don't see any big match happening at Battleground with these woman since it's 4 days away, some big tag match will likely happen at SummerSlam and Nikki might loose the title at Night of Champions, at that time she would have officially broken the record, but again, like i said it doesn't matter.

Of course she breaks the record, that's why AJ's name has come up, when it shouldn't have. If AJ wasn't holding the record now, does anyone really think she would have been mentioned at all? I doubt it.

Nikki Bella will break the record and then promptly drop the title to either Paige, Sasha Banks or Charlotte. While Nikki has improved, the NXT girls are miles ahead of her in the ring, and can actually put on a match to rival some of the men.

There is a real disconnect between the girls from Total Diva's and the NXT girls. The former are reality TV stars and the latter are wrestlers. The only exception to that being Nattie, but we don't see her in the ring anymore.

I think Nikki Bella will hold the title until Survivor Series, to set a new record for a full year as Divas Champion, and nobody deserves it more. I'd like to see a multiple-Diva match at SummerSlam, with both WWE and NXT Divas, and have Nikki retain against the odds. Right now there's nobody better to hold the title than Nikki Bella.

Every chance they get the WWE hype machine brings up the record so of course Nikki is going to break it.. 225 days 232 days so on and so fourth. I am not sure when the official record will fall my guess what will be around Night of Champions time me thinks! I dont think the record is all that important but whatever!! Its more to rub AJ face in it than the record anyway

I get that a lot of people aren't into the Bella Twins, but I think all these conspiracy theories are a little much. If Nikki does beat AJ's record, so what? It's not like the Divas Division as a whole has ever been this paragon of wrestling greatness, so Nikki having the longest reign with what's historically been among the most irrelevant championships in wrestling history doesn't strike me as WWE giving the finger to AJ Lee. They had PLENTY of opportunities to bury AJ during the last 1.5 years or so she was with the company and it didn't happen. She wasn't made an example of when her hubby, CM Punk, essentially told the WWE collectively to screw itself blue, she didn't get punished for taking time off to finalize her move from Jersey to Chicago, she didn't get penalized for somehow having the gall to fall in love with and marry Philip Jack Brooks. In the months she's been gone from WWE, she hasn't criticized WWE nor has WWE criticized her.

As far as AJ's record, records are made to be broken; if something as monumental as Taker's streak could end without the collapse of the wrestling world, I think we'll withstand AJ's record with a generally irrelevant championship ending. I think what bothers people more isn't the possibility of the record ending, but that it's one of the Bella Twins that'll end it if it's broken. Generally speaking, as much as it might suck to admit this, the title has probably never meant more since Nikki Bella's had it but that has more to do with WWE actually booking some fairly coherent storylines and doing away with a lot of the general silliness that's dogged the Divas Division as a whole. Now IF, IF, IF the arrival of the NXT Divas is a sign of a genuine "revolution" in women's wrestling on the main roster and if it comes about as part of Nikki Bella's reign, I've got no problem with it whatsoever.

So, when Brock Lesnar left WWE to pursue an NFL, NJPW, and an eventual MMA/UFC career, the WWE took away his record of being the youngest World Heavyweight Champion, and gave it to Randy Orton. The WWE does this to ensure that their franchise players hold the records probably in order to maintain control of them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the WWEWHC be held for 435 days within the next year or two. It's what they do, and like JH said, records are made to be broken.

Quite honestly, I don't believe that AJ was much better than either of the Bellas, she just gets street cred by being CM Punk's wife/gf and then she had that single great promo followed by a whole bunch of mediocre performances, oddly enough, almost in a mirror of CM Punk's career. This record should be beaten, and it should be beaten by someone like Nicki Bella.

Every chance they get the WWE hype machine brings up the record so of course Nikki is going to break it.. 225 days 232 days so on and so fourth. I am not sure when the official record will fall my guess what will be around Night of Champions time me thinks! I dont think the record is all that important but whatever!! Its more to rub AJ face in it than the record anyway

I don't want to be mean but are you people blind? I ain't no AJ fan but she was the most well liked diva in WWE, she got pushed to the moon and there's been no news about her having heat besides the whole Beadle thing that blew over quickly. They don't want to rub her face in anything, she's retired and they've moved on from her. Sometimes people retire young, especially the divas.

She'll probably break the record, but I think it has less to do with A.J. than it does to do with building Nikki Bella as a legitimate contender for the greatest Diva of this era. Bitch and moan as some might about Nikki Bella, it's obvious that she is WWE's go-to girl and will most likely remain their number one until she eventually decides to call it quits. Don't kid yourself, this "revolution" of the Diva's division will not affect the Bella twins and they will most likely remain the faces of it for as long as they choose to with Paige, Charlotte, and Sasha most likely playing the bit-parts.

Not a popular opinion I'm sure, but The Bella's are a marketing machine at this point. They get very good pops from the casuals and I wouldn't be surprised to see their merch out-selling most of the males. Again, most may not like it, but as long as they continue to bring in money for the E, they'll be the "golden girls" so to speak.

Yeah I actually totally agree with you, and honestly she isn't as bad as everyone says she is, she may not be trish or Lita, but she is more than capable in the ring.

Now we'll have t wait for the "revolution" to actually happen, and see what creative decides to do with all the new girls, but I can see Banks challenging them on the merch front, I think she can connect with the fans in a more modern strong woman type.

Anyway personnaly i'm rooting for Becky Lynch, because well, I think she looks the coolest and I love her entrance, but I don't have high hopes.

In my opinion Nikki Bella will break AJ Lee's record. She has been with the company longer than AJ, she has her own Bella brand which I would imagines sells a lot of merchandise, records are meant to be broken, AJ Lee is married to the "evil" CM Punk, and WWE creates their own history, and would much rather recognize a long time diva like Nikki Bella as the longest reigning champion over an AJ Lee who did not have as many years of service. AJ Lee's social media remark to Stephanie McMahon over equality amongst gender in my opinion was the final straw. I am of the opinion that, that event solidified her fate and WWE is breaking this record to erase as many accolades of AJ Lee as they can.

Sadly, AJ Lee's remark was the best thing for today's WWE Diva and all of those Diva's should be singing the praises!

She'll probably break the record, but I think it has less to do with A.J. than it does to do with building Nikki Bella as a legitimate contender for the greatest Diva of this era. Bitch and moan as some might about Nikki Bella, it's obvious that she is WWE's go-to girl and will most likely remain their number one until she eventually decides to call it quits. Don't kid yourself, this "revolution" of the Diva's division will not affect the Bella twins and they will most likely remain the faces of it for as long as they choose to with Paige, Charlotte, and Sasha most likely playing the bit-parts.

Not a popular opinion I'm sure, but The Bella's are a marketing machine at this point. They get very good pops from the casuals and I wouldn't be surprised to see their merch out-selling most of the males. Again, most may not like it, but as long as they continue to bring in money for the E, they'll be the "golden girls" so to speak.

Yes, you're absolutely right.. This has very little to do with AJ and more about Nikki Bella becoming a credible diva and there's no diva who should hold that title right now.. There's only Nikki and Paige, that's it. What do these people expect? Nikki has to be the champion until these 3 NXT woman become credible contenders to take it from her.. So trying to erase AJ's record because they have some vendetta against her is a stupid analogy. All she did was retire like everybody does eventually... If this was Paige breaking the record nobody would be mentioning AJ at all.

Yes, I think she will. I just think now with the new NXT divas in the company, she'll probably face them over the next couple of months and beat them to make her look even more impressive as champion. Hopefully they have lose the title to a NXT diva not Paige.

If AJ wasn't holding the record now, does anyone really think she would have been mentioned at all? I doubt it.

I don't either, although it seems a bit unnecessary to refer to AJ at all. Likely, she's a sore spot with WWE because it seems almost as if CM Punk was able to take a second shot at the company by being involved in her departure, after orchestrating his own.

Okay, you might want to argue it was her own idea and had nothing to do with him, but ask yourself this: If she had never become involved with Phil Brooks, would she still be working for WWE today?

At any rate, if WWE management feels it's important for Nikki Bella to break AJ's record, that's what will happen. Of course, if Nikki leaves the company not long afterward, will they have to use someone else to break her record?

At any rate, neither AJ Lee nor Nikki Bella is going to make us forget Bruno Sammartino when it comes to amount of time holding the world title......so, who cares?

We should sooner concern ourselves with the next diva champion's reign.

Hey! Maybe we can call it 'The Age of Paige !'

At any rate, if WWE management feels it's important for Nikki Bella to break AJ's record, that's what will happen. Of course, if Nikki leaves the company not long afterward, will they have to use someone else to break her record?

Pretty sure she just signed like a 3 year contract. So, no worries with Nikki going anywhere. Nikki and Cena are there forever

Until they break up and Nikki becomes "Piggy Bella"

I have no problem with Nikki, but let's be honest. The reason she's gonna break the record is because they won't have to say AJ is the longest champion!!

I have no problem with Nikki, but let's be honest. The reason she's gonna break the record is because they won't have to say AJ is the longest champion!!

That makes you people sound like a fool, AJ has no heat with the company, get over it... Anyone who retires WWE is going to try to erase their name from the record books, according to you people?

It's an almost certainty that she will. Cole and the announcers have been throwing the fact out too often for it not to be happening. That's how the 'E rolls.

Regardless of what some say, Nikki Bella is essentially the perfect "Diva" in the eyes of those that matter in WWE.

She is hot, very hot, she is good enough in the ring (and has gotten better than a lot give her credit for) and she can talk enough to keep the crowd interested and she is a good heel female wrestler. They need to continue to build her up for someone to take her down, likely one of the newcomers. I think she holds the title until Wrestlemania 32 in Dallas to be honest with Charlotte or Sasha taking the title off of her in that moment.

If they are true to their word about re-constructing the Women's division, yes, WOMEN'S division, they need to continue with what they started last week and a few other things.

1. Drop the word diva when describing the WOMEN and the divison. Sadly with Total Divas being around that isn't going to happen. Going along with this they also need to dump the Total Divas show. It gets the women out there but I have serious doubts that it puts any more eyes on the product to watch the women wrestle week to week. Again, not going to happen soon.

2. Drop that hideous thing they call a Divas title belt and replace it with something resembling what a wrestling champion would hold. They need to give the women a real belt similar to what the men's division holds but on a smaller scale.

3. Let Nikki Bella be her own champion. Get Brie off her ass and let her develop as a big time heel without weak link Brie stuck to her side. She is more than capable of doing that and the two being sisters doesn't mean they need to be tied at the hip.

Nikki will beat A.J.'S record, and than she will lose at NOC too Paige. I only say Paige because Charlotte and Becky just got here there time will come. Sasha has to lose her NXT Title before she can hold the Diva's Title. I think they just want to erase A.J.'S name from the record books because of who her husband is and that is not right, A.J. did not walk out on the WWE her husband did.

No, she won't. And remind me, is this a wrestling forum or a conspiracy theory forum? "Wipe AJ from the record books because of her husband" Some people need to grow up and get a grip.

No, she won't. And remind me, is this a wrestling forum or a conspiracy theory forum? "Wipe AJ from the record books because of her husband" Some people need to grow up and get a grip.

Then why do they keep mentioning it? I believe that Nikki herself brought it up last night on RAW when the other Diva's match was on. Also if I'm not wrong, she also brought up AJ's name. If it wasn't so important then it wouldn't be talked about at all.

Oh and it was very nice timing for the new Diva's to come up. This now gives Nikki the chance to sit back, not defend it as much, while they work out who's going to go for it first.

And no I'm not saying that's why they brought them up right now. But think about it this way. Nikki is approaching the record, she's fought Paige and Naomi numerous times and won each time. Now there is a fresh crop to go after the title. But I doubt they will have Charlotte or Becky Lynch win it right away, like Paige did. No instead, they will be squabbling until one of them emerges victorious and takes Nikki down.

By that time the record will have been broken, and no one will have even thought twice about it. The WWE will have wiped AJ's name off the record books, and everyone will be happy. There's a conspiracy theory for you.

Then why do they keep mentioning it? I believe that Nikki herself brought it up last night on RAW when the other Diva's match was on. Also if I'm not wrong, she also brought up AJ's name. If it wasn't so important then it wouldn't be talked about at all.

Oh and it was very nice timing for the new Diva's to come up. This now gives Nikki the chance to sit back, not defend it as much, while they work out who's going to go for it first.

And no I'm not saying that's why they brought them up right now. But think about it this way. Nikki is approaching the record, she's fought Paige and Naomi numerous times and won each time. Now there is a fresh crop to go after the title. But I doubt they will have Charlotte or Becky Lynch win it right away, like Paige did. No instead, they will be squabbling until one of them emerges victorious and takes Nikki down.

By that time the record will have been broken, and no one will have even thought twice about it. The WWE will have wiped AJ's name off the record books, and everyone will be happy. There's a conspiracy theory for you.

The problem is, fans believe WWE wants to wipe her from the history books because of her husband. That's a ridiculous theory. Nikki is champion right now because there's no one else who could hold that title besides Paige. AJ was clearly the most popular diva with the higher ups, some of you are just delusional.

This whole theory proves how stupid some wrestling fans are. It's simple, WWE doesn't care about wiping some chick who doesn't even matter anymore from the history books.

I agree that they keep mentioning the record, it was mentioned again at Battleground then Raw. If they just dropped it and ignored the record then it would be out of mind during these Diva matches. But they keep bringing it up...there must be a reason for that.

On the flip side....

That means she's going to have to tighten her claws on that belt for TWO more months , with these awesome new Divas coming up from the minor leagues, you have bigger threats to her strap now. And what the hell happened to Nataylia ? Is she hurt or something ? She's the best Diva in WWE in my opinion but she's not even featured on TV. Maybe she's making a surprise attack return or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back