• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Money In The Bank Ever Be Cashed In At Wrestlemania?

SuperSteve16

Pre-Show Stalwart
Since the WWE started the Money in the bank concept, there has never been a cash in at Wrestlemania. Both Mr Kennedy and Daniel Bryan both said they were going to cash at the big event, but it never happened. So my question is do you think there will ever be a money in the bank cashed in at Wrestlemania? Do you think that it would be successful? Would it help establish the superstar with a strong crowd reaction?

Money in the Bank is boring now. These days, we get two MITB winners running around, when there needs to only be one. That way we don't know which champ he'll go after. And the whole cashing in on a downed opponent has run its course, please try something new. I liked the idea of Daniel Bryan cashing in at WM like he said he would. But obviously that changed. And what makes the MITB that much more boring, is that they cash in and win every damn time. C'mon, someone has got to cash in and lose and I wish they would. I was really thinking Daniel Bryan would be the first to do it. But no, WWE just had to give another jobber the world title. yes, he's a jobber. Midcarder at best. Same for Miz and Del Rio. None of them should have ever been a world champ. Oh well, WWE sucks these days. Why do I keep watching? :(

I don't think Money in the bank is "boring" nowadays. However I do agree that there should only be one Money in the Bank winner (allowed to cash in on either brand's champion), and I would hold this match at Wrestlemania, not it's own PPV.

Kennedy, we will never know if WWE was going to allow him to cash in at WM (doubtful however) as he was legitimately injured. Daniel Bryan just tried to use that line to give the champion a fake sense of security (story-line wise anyway).

I don't think it's the right thing to do from a business standpoint, to have someone say I'm cashing in this night, almost a year away, and then actually wait the whole year to do it. This isn't as big as Rock vs. Cena (which still shouldn't have been a year in advance. If this were all real, why would someone who won a title match at any time of his choosing, wait a whole year. While the whole, Wrestlemania-Big paycheck makes sense, Becoming a champion also propels you to that money-making level...theoretically.

I think the only thing they can do to spice it up a bit, and say it can only be used on TV (spike TV ratings slightly) or on PPV only (spike PPV ratings slightly)

As usual, the WWE is going to catch criticism no matter which route they go. When Bryan announced his intention of cashing in at WM, the WWE was criticized for ruining the unpredictable aspect of the MITB concept and/or that Daniel Bryan wasn't ready. So, two days ago, the decision is made for Bryan to cash in after Mark Henry's injury. And, of course, now you've got some complaints that WWE should've waited to make Bryan look like a heroic face. So, no matter what road WWE goes down, they catch crap over it.

The MITB concept is not going away anytime soon and there's no reason why it should. It's obviously a concept that a considerable majority of WWE fans are still enjoying based on the reaction it continues to get. The MITB matches are probably the most popular gimmick matches in wrestling today and the fact that the winner can cash in anytime & anywhere does add a degree of unpredictability that most fans welcome in a day and age where legit surprises are few & far in-between.

If someone does cash in at WM, again, there will always be some that will like it and some that won't. If the MITB winner announces beforehand that he'll challenge the champ at WM, then it does lose that factor of unpredictability. If the guy cashes in and wins, then there'll no doubt be complaints that MITB has guaranteed yet another winner of the title. If there's a surprise cash in at WM, the message boards will be flooded about how WWE has ruined another concept, how a great moment was ruined and all this other IWC bullshit. And if someone cashes in and loses, you'll pretty much have the same complaints regarding ruining the concept.

At the end of the day, however, I do think it'll happen one day. And no matter what happens, you'll always have people unhappy with the result.

I personally love the MitB. There is no reason to toss the idea, and it sure isn't boring.

Remember when Miz cashed in? I sure was HYPED!
Remember D.Bryans? Juss a few night ago? HYPED!

Not boring.

Anyways.....
No, WrestleMania will not and should no have a MitB cash in.
It derades the build to the biggest event of the year.
That's just my opinion.

Overall i like MiTB, but it can't be same ole story everytime. 1. Someone has to loose a cash-in attempt. Loosing the match won't completly burry the guy cashing in, it will be a historic moment,that can start a storyline where he fights his way to the belt the old fashioned way. 2. Someone need's to wait until WrestleMania to cash in.(i think it would of been perfect for D. Bryan to do this year)
I think what the OP is saying is that it is boring seeing every single MiTB briefcase holder cash-in on a wounded opponet to win the biggest prize in the biz in an extremly cheap way. I think guys like Shawn Micheals & Bret Hart who payed there dues in the tag-division, then were great in the IC division, then they climbed his way to the main event and captured the big boy belt...It's great TV!!! Sure a quick cash in is good for a quick pop or thrill but the excietment is over in 2 weeks. There is no dignity in that, me as a fan respect the slow build to the top like Dolph Ziggler & Cody Rhodes are doing, and i have now lost a little(just a little) bit of respect for Daniel Bryan.

I think eventually we will see a MITB cash in at Wrestlemania. I don't think it would be an ambush on someone after a match though. I think if it's cashed in it will be someone announcing it beforehand. You could use it just like a Royal Rumble win so it's not like it's something we haven't seen. But I think the whole pinning an already downed opponent and things of that nature should stay as far away from Wrestlemania as possible IMO.

Despite Henry being injured, WWE also has to contend with the credibility issue for MITB... If Bryan HADN'T cashed in, he would have looked the most stupid thing ever... "No I ain't winning like that, I am going to Mania..." Sure booking might have been different but it was clear from the reaction when he "won" a few weeks back that the fans wanted the change... Making them wait a few more months would have meant Bryan was losing...the reality is that Bryan was never credibly going to beat Henry or Show without this kind of booking... Now the DQ finishes are open to them...

it all really depends on how it is done. i really think that someone cashing in on an injured champion at wrestlemania does not really have a classy finish to the big event. its kind of hard to explain, basically i doubt they would allow it occur like this with a spontaneous cash in

with superstars saying they would grant themselves a title opportunity it all depends on the circumstances from money in the bank to wrestlemania, taking bryan for example. i think that having bryan cashing in on big show killed 2 birds with one stone by having show look weak instead of henry and i highly doubt bryan was going to garner some momentum with the way wwe was pushing him with constant pinfalls against him like doplh ziggler's last monday raw.
it really depends on who the superstar is and whether they can build up crowd momentum in time for the big event, wwe won't put just anybody in a world title match at wrestlemania unless their push was picking up momentum.

anywayz ill stop rambling

It's incredibly hard to keep someone relevant for nearly a year. Heat/pops die down and people start to care less and less. If someone is over at the start of the year, who's to say they will remain over until Wrestlemania season rolls around? Not only that, but as Cole continuously points out, it's fucking stupid to announce that you'll cash in on a certain time and date. Kayfabe wise, it's too temping. Whether you're a face or a heel, the Money in the Bank briefcase is a guaranteed World Heavyweight Championship reign. When someone who has never held the World Title wins the case, how could they possibly wait a year to become champion? I do believe we’ll see a cash in at Wrestlemania at some point but when the opportunity arises, kayfabe or not, you should always capitalize.

Seems like many people have forgotten one important MITB winner saying when and where he would cash in his briefcase, and still managed to win the championship...Rob Van Dam cashed in his briefcase at One Night Stand against John Cena and won. RVD did say when and where he was going to cash it in shortly after he won the briefcase, giving the champ plenty of time to prepare for him. Granted, it wasn't at WM, but all kayfabe aside, RVD did say when and where and held to his word, still winning the gold.

If Money in the Bank was still at WrestleMania it just be a matter of time. Kane did it at MITB so why not at Mania (if it was still a Mania match) It's only a matter of time b4 someone is gonna have to wait for WrestleMania or blow his shot or just plain not cash it in in time.

as others have said though it's just become irrelevant, the concept was good when it was first announced but now it's just like Hardcore 24/7 rules for a world title. Maybe just like the King Of The Ring, the winner gets a shot at a following PPV by injecting themselves in a already booked match not an extra match when the title holder is guarenteed to be out of it, either that or they may aswell just say, the MITB winner can at anytime just take the title.

No, and only if They put the money in the bank concept back to Wrestlemania then maybe yes but WWE won't do that because they like their money too much so they won't witch a PPV. WWE could no way do it without shoving them down our throats much like Orton, Cena and HHH. They would need to be pushed to their level or it just wouldn't work, WWE would not have enough long term faith unless it was indeed orton or Cena. So no I don't think it will ever happen. Its just too difficult to keep their momentum going for almost a year.

I could see it happening. WWE has already shown their willingness to book a feud over the course of a year (Rock vs Cena).

The problem is when a champion gets hurt, the MITB winner is often the most logical backup plan.

I personally, believe that Money In the Bank can't be cashed in at 'Mania anytime soon due to the two PPV's being so far away from each other. At this current time, the two events are in July and April. I believe a mid-carder who was to hold the MITB briefcase would not be able to appeal as much on WWE TV if they where carrying the briefcase for a long time, I feel the angle would get boring if they wheren't to cash it in. My conclusion is that people just seem to lose attention to MITB briefcase holders if they don't cash it in after a short time span; and only if they where to move the date of the Money In The Bank Pay-Per-View, would a Mid-Card or Low-Card superstar be able to keep the attention they need to cash in at Wrestlemania. :blush:

The only way an MITB would nbe cashed in at a wrestlemania is....

If they ever brought MITB back to a wrestlemania!!

Much in the way Kane used it on Rey at the MITB PPV,someon could do that after a helacious title match and the challenger would come in and pick up the pieces.

Forget WrestleMania...I want to see it get cashed in at a house show.

I know people will say "Thats stupid, house shows don't get the exposure of TV", but if people get the idea that titles can actually change hands there, they will go, hence better business. Nowadays, I know that if I have tickets to a show on Thursday, I can just check the results from Wednesdays show and know what I will see. With changes happening at house shows, it'll spice things up. Just remember, before TV everything was a house show. Think back to Diesel beating Backlund at MSG, or the Curtain Call... if you promote that things can happen at live events, people will go. I was at the Curtain Call, and I'm sure the people who saw 99% of the same show the night before wish they had seen what I saw. Make it more then just filler between Raw and SD...

Cashing in MITB at wrestlemania is just a waste of time. A lot of people might lose interest in the wrestler and bother about him only when its time for mania.

Plus with the way WWE was booking bryan for some time, he needed to pull off something like this to gain some reaction and credibility.

I really don't get why a lot of people forget the daniel bryan promo on raw (after henry's attack and an attempted cash in). Cole repeatedly calls him a hypocrite until bryan said "the briefcase didn't guarantee him anything apart from a title match". If he were to get injured befor mania, the whole build up would have been for nothing.

I don't think it will ever be cashed in at Wrestlemania because many people feel it's a cheap way to win the belt (no matter if the guy is heel or face).

So, IMO, WWE probably thinks it would cheapen a Wrestlemania Main Event with a cash in.

Personally, I like Money In the Bank but I do think it would cheapen a main event at Wrestlemania a little bit.

Sooner or later there will have to be a cash-in at Wrestlemania.

Kennedy would have waited the whole time, but his suspension ruined that as well as the Limo Explosion storyline. Kennedy would have gotten the push of a lifetime against someone like Cena or Orton by cashing in at that time, but instead we got JBL VS Finlay feuding over Hornswoggle. It would have been Kennedy's career defining moment.

Swagger could have cashed in at Wrestlemania 26 on Jericho as soon as Edge speared him in frustration after their match ended. I recall hearing that this was originally the plan, but it got moved to Smackdown so that Shawn Michaels retiring did not overshadow Swagger's moment, which we ALL know it would have. Otherwise it would have made sense, what with the first MITB PPV coming up a couple of months later.

Finally we have Daniel Bryan. I have very mixed feelings about his cash in. I am extremely happy for him that he is the World Heavyweight Champion. I just think they should have saved it for Wrestlemania because they lost out on yet another potential career defining moment, and a Wrestlemania moment. Perhaps they thought Cena VS The Rock would overshadow it, which could very well be the case. Still.... That's twice now that someone has said they will wait until Wrestlemania and not been able to keep their promise. They could just as easily have kept the title on Big Show and turned him heel.

I think WWE will do a Wrestlemania cash-in.... Eventually.... They are missing out on a great moment for the wrestler as well as the fans otherwise. It would be smart of them to not let that opportunity to establish someone in such a great way pass them by. We will just have to wait until next year.

I believe the Money in the Bank concept has gotten a bit stale. I don't believe it will be cashed in at WrestleMania because I feel it would ruin the title holders retain/title win and ruin their push.

I believe the Money in the Bank concept has gotten a bit stale. I don't believe it will be cashed in at WrestleMania because I feel it would ruin the title holders retain/title win and ruin their push.

I agree that the MITB concept has gotten a little stale. Part of the problem is that there are two briefcases. There should be one case so that it's more of a mystery as to who the holder will cash it in on.

Another problem is that they're not "defending the case" enough. I think it should have to be defended like a title belt. That would make it much more interesting.

Finally, the past few cash-ins have been painfully obvious. I'd like to see more of an "out of nowhere" totally shocking cash in.

Why do people keep forgetting that Mark Henry was legitimately injured; therefore he had to lose the title? Since losng it to The Big Show was kind of expected anyway, it did not make sense for him to hold on to the title, which is why they pulled the trigger earlier than expected with Daniel Bryan and the MITB contract.

Anyways, I guarantee that next year's MITB winner will cash it in at WrestleMania.

i think because of the unpredictability of injuries with champions during the entire year..so i dont see likely to have the case holder wait the entire year for wrestlemania..

I can see Dolph Ziggler winning MITB at this years Wrestlemania........then cashing in and winning the World Title from whomever is holding it at the time of Mania 28. As he would be able to cash in for either title, I think this would create a Wrestlemania moment for Ziggler. Increases his heel heat and keeps a heel champion if Punk, as expected, goes over Jrricho in the other title match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back