• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Eric Bischoff turn on Hogan in the near future?

LUCYFUR

Dark Match Winner
For the last couple of weeks Bischoff's attitude towards Hogan has been slowly changing. IMO Bischoff is getting a little to power hungry. I can definitely see Bischoff getting Hogan out of the picture for a while then taking over TNA in Hogan's absence. So my question to you is:

Do you think Bischoff will turn on hogan and want to over power him somehow?

The footholds for a power struggle are quite obviously there with Bischoff continually being left out of the loop, so to speak. Hogan consistently reminding him to "leave the personal out of the agenda" is going to really wear on Bischoff, I'd imagine, especially as long as Hogan continues to give the rub to Abyss (hypocritical the the very statement of leaving the personal out of the agenda), and at some point, I'd imagine some kind of "coup" will be staged by uber-heel Bischoff to gain absolute power.

So long as it doesn't involve Hogan in the ring, I'll likely be behind it just fine.

It seems as if this is the plan. But do we want that because what is hogan going to do, go back to wrestling if he loses control?

Eric Bischoff is playing this boss role to perfection. He is a prick, lying and manipulative and I enjoy watching what he has in store each and every week but I don't see it working or panning out in the long run due to the question mark over Hogans Role.

the conflict is clearly being built. What i like is that it is being built in a slow and subtle way. The players in the game are also slowly being split to their alliances but a lot of questions are still there leaving room for things to develop. At first nobody knew who the faces and heels were and they were flip flopping all over. What is happening is that people are being aligned and over time will be more clearly heel or face as this conflict builds. They had to allow to feel some things out at first as you can't force someone to play a part, people have to feel that way about them

Was Jarret going to be looked at as a heel trying to fight the new regime or as a fact trying to save the old TNA? People took to Jarret again so in order to work with that and also keep hogan face they need E to feud with him on his own. Beer Money can play either side, but their alliance with E now clearly sets them as heels. Kennedy's actions alone cement him as a heel and he doesn't need an alliance to show that. Flair and AJ are oviously heels now due to the angle with Hogan/Abyss and Sting has clearly joined that side. On the other side, Pope, Hardy, Abyss and RVD are clearly playing the face roll.

You'll see other things that are only hinted at. How does the Band fit in to this? Who let them in the building? It was only Hogan who barred them from the building not E. E setup the "contracts" for Hall and Pac in that match, not Hogan. Remember Pope got beaten down by them before and now made the save for Hogan. Bischoff setup Hernandez against Beer Money and now Morgan turned on him to clearly be setup as a heel also. It's clear that they are developing a more set line between heels and faces and i think E vs Hogan is going to be a critical aspect to this.

I think this will more than likely happen. Bischoff is great on screen as a villian. I can see him teaming up with The Band to take on Hogan..eventually. Hogan is pretty caught up in this garbage angle with Abyss right now, and they are feuding with AJ/Flair. But that will end soon enough, and my best guess would be we will see Hogan/Abyss in some kind of feud with The Band. Eric Young may be involved as well. A power struggle with Eazy-E is always entertaining, even if Hogan has grown increasingly annoying on the mic.

I love Bischoff in the gm role or whatever TNA wants to call it theres too many people who have a position of power in that company (kayfabe) anyway, looking at Lockdown with the two teams i see Hogan siding wotht he faces RVD, Hardy blah blah and then Bischoff bringing in Tha Wolfpac (yeah baby) as his cronies which will be very interesting thanks to Scott Hall so yes Bischoff turning on Hogan is inevitable.

Oh yeah, you can see the writing on the wall plain as day with this one.

This is good for TNA, they need a good solid strong angle to head into the summer with.

The Wolfpac reforming is an intresting one. Bischoff was against them signing with TNA. It seems that Hogan was more open to them coming in and reforming the band. I honestly woul not be shocked if Hogan sides with the Wolfpac and on the flip side of the same coin I wouldn't be shocked is the Wolfpac sided with Eazy E.

So we have team Hogan-Abyss RVD and Hardy (WCW Main eventers

Team Flair-AJ, Sting and Wolfey(the 4 Horsemen)

and The Wolfpac(nWo)

It's basically 1996 all over again

Ez e throws hogan under the bus and gets "controll" but rather than the simple us vs them recreation of the nWo... It turns into a three maybe four way dance with bischoff constantly puppet-mastering factions against each other. A TNA originals faction (jarrett, foley, add in a few) vs a Hogan faction (hogan, abyss, add in a few) vs a 4 horsemen faction (flair, aj, wolfe, add in a few) vs a ECW type faction (dudleys, raven, RVD, rhyno, add in a few) ... Where bischoff uses the wolfpac as his enforcers and makes tainted promises to "buy" the other groups, then gives them what they asked for, but screws them at the same time... Until they finally gang up on him and humiliate him.

of course Bishoff will try to take control over TNA and over throw Hogan. Its been on the cards for weeks. Now is the time for Hogan to start doing something about it and fight back. Not in the ring, but over the corporate table

It's possible. There have been a number of angles involving two characters in which both are portrayed as being very powerful backstage and they almost always wind up bumping heads eventually because both of them either want to be in charge or think that they should be in charge while the other accepts a subordinant position.

It would be a logical route to go but TNA does have a history of ignoring what makes logical sense and just go ahead with something else. It seems that the overall idea in TNA right now is to keep Hulk Hogan as the center of attention and if a power struggle angle between himself and Bischoff does just that, then it won't surprise me at all. Doesn't really interest me all that much either because TNA has done so many power struggle angles already within the past couple of years.

It's possible. There have been a number of angles involving two characters in which both are portrayed as being very powerful backstage and they almost always wind up bumping heads eventually because both of them either want to be in charge or think that they should be in charge while the other accepts a subordinant position.

It would be a logical route to go but TNA does have a history of ignoring what makes logical sense and just go ahead with something else.
It seems that the overall idea in TNA right now is to keep Hulk Hogan as the center of attention and if a power struggle angle between himself and Bischoff does just that, then it won't surprise me at all. Doesn't really interest me all that much either because TNA has done so many power struggle angles already within the past couple of years.

You can't judge what TNA is going to do now compared to what they have done in the past because there are different people in charge. As far as I am concerned on Jan. 4 is when TNA really started. You had so many people changing from face to heel and heel to face because that's what Eric and Hogan wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back