• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why not repackage Yoshi?

Y2J-LionTamer-Y2J

Boston's Crab
I noticed Yoshi Tatsu has faded since the end of WWECW.
It's a shame for me at least because I was growing into a Yoshi mark and I was VERY entertained by the Christian Vs. Tatsu ECW title match that they had near the end of ECW. Weird thing was I was watching WWE vintage with
Mean Gene I think about 3-4 weeks ago and half way into the commercial break was this huge Yoshi Tatsu video package that just seemed like,well for myself anyhow like a small ray of hope as a Yoshi mark.
Nothing has happened since I saw this and I'm starting to wonder why they even promoted him with that video package during vintage collection.

Anyone else out there wondering about Yoshi?

Do you hate Yoshi and not care?

Do you think perhaps he is being kept off the big shows to be repackaged
and possibly even lose the I have a ******ed gimmck accent just like when they took it from Kofi?

The main question tho...
Do you think he could see more TV time as a heel?

I think a japanese wrestler pulling a heel stunt such as how Y2j has latly with the expensive suits and ties could really generate some heat and further his career.

I really like yoshi just like you I'm a fairly big mark. I said this just before on another thread but he has done evryuthing WWE has asked him to do perfectly well and I think deserves to be taken higher, because if a guy is a good wrestler and entertainer and you don't want him to get higher, what the f**k did you hire him for???

He is a good worker, but he has no personality or mic skills.

IMO the only hope for Yoshi is in a tag team. I was always hoping they would repackage Wang Yang and team them, because Jimmy was fantastic in ring, but every time he talked I wanted to punch him in the face.

To answer your question, why not package Yoshi? Because he has no upside.

No personality and no mic skills perfectly sums up orton, and look where he's at. Yes I know he has the look and charisma, but yoshi can work on his. Note: I don't think yoshi could ever be as high as orton, but I'm just saying.

As for yoshi, I have always thought they should turn him heel, but in a different way. I'd have him take back up his friendship with Christian. Then have Christian do things like take him to a Chinese food place, when yoshi just wanted burgers or something. Have it be shown that yoshi is getting annoyed with being treated as a stereotypical Japanese person, even though no one is trying to mock him. I'd then have him tag with some Asian jobbers and have them loosing be the final straw for yoshi. He attacks his patterns and Christian comes out to talk with him. He gets angry at Christian and knocks him out with his kick. Then the next episode you can have him come out and say he is tired of how Japanese wrestlers are just taken as jokes, and he will show what a true Japanese warrior can do. I'd also drop yoshi, as tatsu sounds more badass heel.

He'd be different in that what he is saying is true, but he has snapped and is now a fighting machine.

When Yoshi had his debut he was instantly over with the crowd.The people loved the guy and this was before he said a word.People were excited to see him wrestle.If ECW was still around he would of ended up being ECW champion.But we don't have that anymore.Anyways they don't really give him time to shine like they did on ECW.Repackage as a heel? I don't know how that would work out.It would be interesting to see.They need to do something with him. I think tho they should put Yoshi in a decent feud as a face...hmm I just want to see that magic that happened on ECW.

I can't really say he has no mic skills because he really has had like no chance to show any.

Like I said I feel like his whole I don't speak english crap reminds me of when Kofi had that stupid accent.Step one would be getting the accent out.

I think a japanese heel would be something fresh.
I just don't see any other options for him.He could move to SD and tag team with Kaval or something.But what else can you do when your a japanese,faking that you don't speak english gimmick tiny build kinda guy and on the flagship show for smashing midcarders into future endeavors?

Yoshi's gimmick is fine where it's at. He'd probably be best as a face as it stands right now. The fact that Yoshi's not being used much on TV lately is probably not his fault. It's probably just the fact that so many superstars are already using TV time to fuel their own pushes. If there were adequate airtime, I'm sure Yoshi would be getting some. The youth movement in WWE is just overwhelming right now, though. The higher-ups decided that Yoshi wouldn't be one of the first young guys to be pushed, and that's fine. He's still pretty green, honestly, but he'll probably get his shot. Just wait for him to get his turn.

He's exciting to watch, and I thought after he won that battle royal at WM he would get a push to the US title scene, but hes not even on TV other than superstars. I really like Yoshi and he is NOT "dumb and generic," to whoever said that...you only say that cause he doesnt cut promos...he's hundred times better than funaki..he shouldnt be a jobber either...

They really don't push asian wrestlers at all.. even ULTIMO DRAGON only got a very small push in the wwe... I agree, Yoshi is very under used. I would love to see him in a good tag-team or a good singles push. Yoshi Tatsu is so low on the "food-chain" that people have forgotten he's on Raw. He's a great talent, his matches on WWECW proved that (especially his ECW Championship Match against Christian, that was solid!).
It's a shame Asians don't find much success in the WWE, so what if they're small? They are amazing wrestlers and definitley someone you'd want on your roster. A United States Championship feud against The Miz would be killer, The Miz making fun of Yoshi and his language and Yoshi kicking him in the head for it.They should bring in a good Japanese wrestler to tag with Tatsu. BxB Hulk would be a great addition to the WWE roster. He is a good showman and is very exciting in the ring. He needs a manger too. I like the idea of Danielson teaming with Tatsu with Danielson being the mouthpiece of the group. I'm sorry, but Yoshi Tatsu is good if you think he's boring or not good I think you need to re-evaluate yourselves. And its a little difficult to impress when you get no time at all and when you do its in a tag team match or in dark matches

There's a bunch of guys on Raw that need to be pushed, not main event status pushes like the WWE seems to have its current mind set on, but a push to the mid-card scene, it's exactly what someone like Yoshi Tatsu needs to gain more exposure.Anyway Yoshi Tatsu, supposedly he beat up Sheamus in real life! So I gotto give the man respect for that! Yeah he's pretty good in ring, as someone else pointed out I remember him putting on an awesome match with Christian. He's so happy as well it's hilarious. Oh and music I like although most peoople hate on it. I don't think he'll get pushed at all. But he's still cool, like Stevie Richards.

I can't really say he has no mic skills because he really has had like no chance to show any.

Like I said I feel like his whole I don't speak english crap reminds me of when Kofi had that stupid accent.Step one would be getting the accent out.

Uuummmmm... Naofumi Yamamoto actually doesn't speak english so... yea... not much hope for him at all unless he's given a manager to compensate for having no mic skills whatsoever. But since we all know WWE's attitude towards managers in today's product, it's just not going to happen.

Honestly, I totally forgot he still works for WWE. I kind of forgot he exists.... oops. He hasn't gotten a push from WWE or even semi-regular matches so it might be safe to say that he won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I don't understand why he won the WM Battle Royal if he was going to be forgotten shortly after. I know it was off-air but still, it was at Wrestlemania....

I gotta say that even though I like his personality and his in-ring skills, he doesn't have any mic skills which would be a major issue with any type of push which is the problem with superstars that can't speak English. He definitely has the charisma & enough talent for a mid-card title but he won't get anywhere if you don't know he exists. I'm not even sure which roster he is on....

I honestly don't see anything happening for Yoshi anytime in the forseeable future which is a shame because he was riding a fairly decent push on ECW. I think ECW going under was really what killed Yoshi's momentum. Too bad because I like Yoshi and it really sucks to see him get lost in the shuffle. Maybe a move to Smackdown and a feud with Del Rio to avenge his friend Christian would benefit him but I highly doubt it.

Why exactly would they repackage Yoshi? They're using him as exactly what he is - A Japanese wrestler. How exactly do you plan on making him work with something else, much less if he obviously seems to struggle speaking proper English?

Yoshi Tatsu is hardly a person that is worth watching, or for that sake will bring much attention to him if he got repackaged. He is rather boring in the ring, as well as he isn't really any interesting in looks or on the microphone. So why would WWE want to even bother repackaging him if they're not gonna accomplish anything with him anyway?

First off I had no idea he actually can barely speak english as so many people have said. I will take your word for it I suppose.

I dissagree that he is not worth watching. He is the only real reason I tuned into WWECW in the first place and he sure entertained the crowd. He was instantly over.
For a guy who speaks little english he sure had the charisma to at least do that.

HE has to speak english to some extent tho right? I mean he got a WWE contract and works with the other superstars. I can hardly see a hired translater following him around all day.

Yoshi was semi-entertaining In the ring and that is about all he has going for him right now.

I do think that he could have a future in the WWE if he learns how to speak English. I am going to be honest too and say that I actually had no idea that he wasn’t already fluent. That being said, if he cannot learn English then he will likely go down the same path as Vladimir Kozlov and that would be fun for nobody.

I struggle to remember, could Tajiri speak English? Or more to the point, did he ever speak English on WWE TV? I honestly cannot remember but even he was moderately successful for a foreign wrestler in the WWE. Not only did he have some fine matches with some fine talent, he had some pretty interesting feuds and angles to his name. His relationship with Torrie Wilson and his “friendship” with William Regal were all pretty entertaining really. Now, I know that there is a lot of differences between Tajiri and Yoshi but there are also a lot of similarities between them.

What I am trying to point out, is that given the right angles Yoshi could be successful even if he doesn’t speak English. Even Kozlov was successful up to a point in the WWE before he lost to Triple H and fell out of the main event. Repackaging him could be a difficult task but it is certainly possible,

No, I think he should just get feature endeavoured.

He should have been the guy to get squashed by Shaemus instead of Bryan(if that doesn't continue as a feud).
It maybe creative team's fault, but still I just don't see anything special in this guy. Sure he may be skilled, but he is small and he wouldn't really look credible. It's like Rey or Bourne. Maybe if you put a mask on him and nobody knows is him than the kids will get into him. Change his music too, but no I don't care if he gets repackaged. He is a piss break or channel change for me.

Yoshi is indeed a good wrestler who doesn't even get a match on SUPERSTARS!

Why doesn't he have at least a little air time to show what he can do, he's just like Chavo who never gets a chance to show how great of a worker they are.

They should at least make a shprt feud between them to at least give both some air time.

Yoshi does have potential, especially if WWE wants to do good on Asian markets,which Yoshi could help with. All WWE has to do is give Yoshi at least a few minutes if air time,preferably in a match, so he could show that he is a good worker with potential.

I'd like to see him in a feud with Zack Ryder.

Something like, Zach Ryder sets out to take Tatsu "under his wing" (really just putting him into awkward situations) and teaches him a bit of English to pick up women (probably the Divas). Instead of making a joke out of Tatsu, the ladies think its adorable and do subtle things like kiss Tatsu, infuriating Ryder. All of which lead up to a PPV opening bout.

Ryder has a perfect character for this, plus it gets him used more than a jobber.

What's more depressing is how diff Yoshi is from his japanese persona in ring. His theme itself just shows the difference. Fucking popping ching chong, bing bong song is gratingly insulting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back