Why must Triple H always get involved?

mikde_

I'm from Winnepeg you idiot!
Right so last year we had the great 'Summer of Punk' thing going on that was exciting and fun to watch but Triple H stuck his big nose in and it suddenly went from
Punk being the focal point of the show to HHH.

Then we have the 'End of a Era' match at WM against taker where HHH lost. Now I thought this was a great time for him to bow out and they certainly made it same like that was what was happening then...

LESNAR RETURNED! Everyone was talking and enjoying it. Sure they killed a lot of buzz with cena's win but people still wanted to see Lesnar. Then once again HHH got involved despite zero history between the two and no need for a feud. There is many guys on that roster who could use this as a chance for a rub and creating something fresh and new but no we get the same old HHH WANTS TO FIGHT!

So are people excited about this feud? Do they want to see it? Do people even want to see HHH in this type of programme anymore? And why do you think WWE sees him as the guy for these feuds when there is potentially other guys more suited to be in that progeamme

Brock Lesnar just wrestled John Cena. Triple H is the next logical opponent. I believe this was the intended main event for WrestleMania 21. It's a blockbuster match and even though it's seven years late Triple H is the best opponent for Lesnar at this time. I wish there were more guys on the roster that are marquee names but that just isn't the case right now. Guys like Punk, Bryan, and Sheamus are doing well right now but they don't have the star power that Triple H has. Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar is perfect for SummerSlam.

Because he likes to bury people. He thinks that he is one of the all-time greats. He's jealous of Rock and Austin because they became big through hard work and pure talent, where he had to resort to backstage politics.

Im not looking foward to Lesnar-HHH because its a guarantee that Lesnar will lose. There is no way Triple H is going through a calendar year without winning a match.

So Lesnar will lose, then face Taker or Rock at Wrestlemania. WWE will bill him as some kind of intimidating ass-kicker even though he's 0-2. Then if Wrestlemania doesnt do well, Vince will blame him for the poor draw just like he did to The Miz at Survivor Series. Then Lesnar will leave.

Ill-informed Triple H haters in here. As for the question at hand, he most certainly does not "get involved" all that often anymore. He's only had a handful of appearances throughout the past few years, often around Wrestlemania. Storyline-wise, he's certainly not around that much and not heavily involved in stories anymore, more like a special attraction who appears every one in a while. So to say he's "always involved" is just ludicrous- he's hardly around anymore, and he hardly wrestles.

On top of that, business-wise, it makes absolute sense to have him around as much as possible. If anything, they could and should be using him more due to the lack of top-tier talent in the WWE right now, but he's actually "getting involved" less and less. Again, just the facts.

I also find it funny that so many people attribute Triple H with stopping Punk's "run". I mean, are you kidding me? One loss and that's it? All his steam is gone? You can't be that much of a mark, I mean, c'mon. One loss is just one loss, against a 12-time world champ nonetheless. It doesn't hurt his credibility, nor is he "buried". He was still on top. Blame Punk for him "cooling down", no one else, because it's on him and no one else. But Punk fans find it easier to place the blame elsewhere, and they're flat-out wrong.

Triple H doesn't get involved all that much anymore, and the WWE could use him around more often, but he only limits himself to making special appearances so other guys can develop and have the spotlight. If he comes back every once and a while and beats someone, don't freak out, it's fine. He lets plenty of people go over him, too, such as 'Taker, Sheamus, etc. in the past few years. It's not a problem at all, and it just stems from the blind and unwarranted Triple H hate from people who think they know more than they really do.

HHH got involved with Punk so they could save us from what would have been a god aweful match and storyline between nash and punk. What we got was a great evenly matched contest. , which HHH won only because of outside interference. That's not a burial, or HHH not wanting to lay down. He put Punk over that night, but at the same time, they shifted the storyline. HHH's involvment saved that angle. Del Rio and Nash are the ones that killed the steam. HHH has wrestled 4 matches in two years. Get over it.

The truth is besides Triple H and Punk, theres no other active wrestler on the roster that poses a real threat to Lesnar. And sure, I bet there are a lot of people out there, including myself, who just dont get the point of having this rivalry or even want to see the match take place at Summerslam, but when you sign a guy like Lesnar to the type of contract WWE signed him to, it would be idiocy to allow him to sit at home and collect a pay check. WWE is looking for ratings and they still see Triple H as one of those big name superstars. If you havent noticed with Cena's current rivalries, WWE has a tough time of understanding that even the biggest name on the roster gets boring eventually. As much as I want to see some fresher faces given an opportunity to shine at Summerslam I'm not going to blame Triple H for something thats a logical business decision.

I understand that old big nose is a big name but nearly everyone I have talked to is not interested in the slightest bit about seeing HHH vs Lesnar!

Sure a guy called play the game will favour hunter but his points are flawed. Punks loss to HHH had nothing to do with punk losing momentum. You are right! It's the fact that for every week since he returned, HHH was opening and closing raw and involved in the top storyline whilst punk entered a generic face vs heel title feud that nobody really had any passion about. That's what killed punk.

People like to say we are haters but we also look at blunt facts. HHH has put over 2 men in 3 years. One of them is his good buddy Sheamus and the other is taker. I'll say it again. 2 men in 3 years.

Lesnar doesn't need to win, hes BROCK LESNAR, In order for HHH to put someone over at Mania, he has to actually win some block buster match to make him look as if a legit wrestler, not just some "wash up that hasn't won in 2 years"...

Im not interested in anything Triple H does. I loved him when he was an active talent but I feel like his involvement in any storyline nowdays that puts
a damper on them. Lesnar sales for me I love to watch him and I dont care if hes in it for the money im truly entertained but I dont want to see him fight old ass corporate Triple H. I wanted to see this one on one back in 02 but Triple H bitched out of it

While I generally don't give a damn about Big Nose Hunter, I will admit this is one match I'm actually looking forward to. HHH does tend to deliver these days with some good matches, however, I just do not like him much and the build up for his matches annoy me. However, I think of everyone there right now, he will match up well with Lesnar. Also, I can almost guarantee we won't get a WM20 moment out of lesnar where he half asses it or anything bc HHH won't have it. I think this should be a good match, and I hope Taker and Brock go at it at some point too, as I think that'll be the only other worthwhile match Lesnar could have. I'm not too keen on him and rock, though, as jacked as Rock as been lately, it may actually be better than their match years ago.

I understand that old big nose is a big name but nearly everyone I have talked to is not interested in the slightest bit about seeing HHH vs Lesnar! .

I don't know who you're talking to, obviously guys like yourself who don't know much. Plenty of people want to see Lesnar fight Triple H, they were the two biggest figures of the early 2000's in the WWE. HHH ruled Raw, Lesnar was on top of SD. Their Summerslam match could be very well be the main event of the venue and will probably be the biggest draw on the card.

Sure a guy called play the game will favour hunter but his points are flawed. Punks loss to HHH had nothing to do with punk losing momentum. You are right! It's the fact that for every week since he returned, HHH was opening and closing raw and involved in the top storyline whilst punk entered a generic face vs heel title feud that nobody really had any passion about. That's what killed punk..

My points are flawed? No, all of my points are sensible and legitimate, unlike your stance. The reason why HHH was the main feature of Raw is because he's the bigger draw. Just like how Cena is the main feature on Raw nowadays, because he's the bigger draw. Punk is the #2 guy in both cases. And I see you're also subverting the blame off of Punk again by blaming the writing for putting him in those "boring" feuds. Not that he made them generic and boring, right? Oh, of course not, not his fault at all. Definitely the guys behind the scenes. And you're overreacting. Nothing "killed" Punk. Thats a gross overstatement. He's still on top. Maybe not as hot, but still pretty hot. He is still very over and is still champ and a top face, last time I checked. But, you're right, HHH and the writers "killed" him, buried him, etc etc etc :lmao:

People like to say we are haters but we also look at blunt facts. HHH has put over 2 men in 3 years. One of them is his good buddy Sheamus and the other is taker. I'll say it again. 2 men in 3 years.

You do realize he's only had a handful of matches the past few years and MORE losses than wins in high-profile matches, right? He's only been able to put 2 guys over because he DOESN'T wrestle. And he's about to put over Lesnar. So give him a break, stop twisting the facts, and look in the mirror and recognize you're a hater who is making shit up. "Blunt facts?" You wouldn't know one if it smacked you in the mouth.

Because HHH is still an attraction for many of his fans. Duh. Lesnar need a big name to fight to get people to buy into the PPV. Lesnar already faced Cena, Orton got himself suspended stupidly, Taker only comes out during Wrestlemania season, Big Show been there done that 10 years ago, which other big name is out there for Lesnar to fight?

HHH did not ruin Punk's momentum, Punk's inability to maintain it without Cena/rage against the system is what did. Punk was feeding off fans dissatisfaction with 'wwe creatives' and Cena. When left to be the main attraction as a face, he has bombed. Part of the blame could be attributed to lack of heel heat on his opponents, but Cena/Orton has been able to work with that so that's no excuse.

Why is hhh involved in every major storyline? cause hhh is a major player in this business and he is one of the only few top guys who DRAWS and create compelling feud. Besides cena, punk, and hhh, who else on the active roster is worthy to feud with lesnar? :shrug: Even for his feud with cm punk and taker at mania 28. Again besides hhh, cm punk had nobody whos a top star to feud with. Same goes with taker, there was no body on the active roster capable to fill void from hhh and hbk.

Please dont get started by saying it should be guys like dolph ziggler, sheamus, cody rhodes, swagger for the sakes of pushing young talents cause thats a whole new different story. None of those guys are any where near the level of lesnar or even on level of cm punk. Vince wants to get the most out of his feud and make money. That is his priority, and not put lesnar to help develop young talent who is capable to flop as big as the miz.

I LOL @ HHH haters... Always the same insults and argument from these pathetic kids.

Like one guy has said, HHH is still a big star and a big draw + merchandise seller. Funny at how many are on the HHH hating bandwagon. The big nose insult isn't funny and is getting old, I bet you don't have the best appearances yourself. Try looking in the mirror for once, losers. He is a legend and I hope he beats Brock at summerslam because Brock is just hungry for money and nothing else. He hasn't done a thing for WWE. Why would they have him defeat Cena & anyone else on the roster for that matter just to have him leave in a year and bitch out WWE.

Who doesn't want to see HHH vs Brock Lesnar ? Its a Dream match.

BTW I do agree that Brock needed to defeat Cena at Summerslam it just stopped the momentum Brock had since his return. Still Brock Lesnar vs HHH is a Wrestlemania caliber match and I want to see it.

And HHH gets involved because most people find half of today's roster boring. They are just mid-carders being forced into the main-event because WWE has very less to no main-event talent.

@Mikde....

Seriously the HHH is the root of all evils in wwe is getting old.....

HHH vs Brock is a program that....i dont know sells?... you heard the people every time hhh interacts with heyman about a fight with lesnar or when he challenged lesnar? people WANT to see them fight.... like Pro Wrestling Fan said its a DREAM MATCH! I want to see it!

if not triple h who would you put up against brock? randy is suspended, jericho is all about putting people over which has dimished his star power over the years, cena already fought him, sheamus is not that over and punk well, althought hes the biggest thing in wrestling AFTER cena as far as current wrestlers, I dont see Lesnar losing to his guy, I mean it wouldnt look believable, punk looks like mysterio next to brock....

HHH ruined Punk´s momentum? ARE YOU SERIOUS? first of all we were supposed to get punk hhh at survivor series or even wrestlemania but Kevin Nash couldnt wrestle so CREATIVE had to rush the angle from 3 month to 2 weeks.... HHH was opening and closing the shows WITH PUNK during their feud with their whole rebel against order storyline.... as far as the match goes, HHH put Punk over cause they looked like equals and any of the two could have won the match..... HHH only won after outside interference, a jacknife powerbomb and 3 PEDIGREES, who can say theyve survived that many alone...... and like it was said why did punk fizzle out after his program? cause he couldnt maintain his momentum when he was feuding with del rio while HHH was long gone.....

you say he was stuck in a boring feud for the title when hhh was opening and closing shows? how is that hhh fault? HHH IS A BIGGER STAR THAN PUNK...PLAIN AND SIMPLE...... and if ur refering to the wrestlemania build up which is the other time punk was in a boring feud for the title and HHH was around too, tell me apart from cena rock when did hhh opened and closed the shows? not his fault punk cant carry a feud on his own or that he is in a program not as many people care about......

I swear we get this stupid threads every month and thats just annoying.....

Back on point, Triple H is the next LOGICAL opponent for Lesnar...why? Lauranaitis signed Lesnar to be the face of the company, he failed by losing to cena clean AFTER being signed to a lucrative contract he didnt deserve, he didnt win he didnt deserve the new contract which is what hhh was telling him as the COO OF THE COMPANY and thats why brock attacked him...... simple booking, nothing out of the ordinary.... wrestler a attacks wrestler b and down the line wrestler b wants revenge......

My theory is they need to push Lesnar because of his defeat at Extreme Rules.

HHH vs Lesnar is a big match, and it won't hurt HHH to lose. A victory for Lesnar will make him look strong heading into the next match, where he could then put someone over.

If I'm wrong and HHH wins the match, then I'd see it as a wasted opportunity.

Lesnar vs anyone is a huge draw, and if they are going to job him out, then it should be to someone who will benefit from the win such as CM Punk.

My feeling is that they just don't have enough big names to spark much interest anymore. HHH is there, he already works for the company, so he's used. I don't really care for his current "personality" but I have to admit I'd still rather see/hear him than 90 percent of the jobbers they trot out these days.

I'm a fan that enjoys the character before the wrestling, so that said, once you get past Punk, Cena, Bryan, Christian and...hell I don't even know...Santino, there's nobody else full time who can talk or whom WWE lets talk. HHH can still get a crowd going.

I hate hearing Ryder talk (not his character, just the way he talks grates on me), ADR is bland, Sheamus is a doofus PG stooge (although so is Punk now kinda too), Ziggler and Kofi can probably talk but they never get any mic time. Show is horrendous. I used to like hearing Cody talk but he says the same thing every week now. Orton could never talk, Jericho is part time, Mysterio has HORRIBLE mic skills, Otunga sucks, Sin Cara is worthless and never talks...

Clay, Tensai, Ryback, blah blah blah...they have so few people worth caring about anymore...it just makes sense for HHH to still be involved in this big angles, he's a fallback for them.

Yes Triple H has alot of power and Yes he will mostly likely run the entire show one day. But you guys got to understand VINCE is still the man in charge. Vince is all about ratings and the fact is the fans love triple h. These are dream matches for alot of fans and Triple h can still go. Triple h is not fully retired he still wants to wrestle so better him wrestle punk lesner and taker then a bunch of jobbers that we all kno have no chance beating him. Atleast these fueds have legit storylines to go with them with HHH playing the boss role. Kayfabe is all but a thing in the past and fact is triple h is the only authority figure that can still go in the ring. People have hated on Paul since he married the bossed daughter but sorry to say his big push began way before him and Steph were even officially dating. Fact is Triple h knows the business and the ratings go up when he is there and thats their goal. So hate if you want its what is good for business. Incase you forgot nobody wanted to see HHH vs Taker 3 at mania and they put on a hell of a match.
Let it all play out and then give an opinion on the matter.

I agree with both sides. Yes he always has to get involved when the iron is hot. I cringed when he was trying to be a sarcastic Punk-type of GM last fall....and yes he has big issues with the fact that Rock and Austin were so much more over than he was...and that he had to play dirty games to reach the top.

On the other hand, he carried the company for maybe 2 or 3 years when Rock, Austin and Lesnar left. He made Orton and Batista. Many of his business decisions make sense but people hate him for it and say it's part of a dirty game. This match-up with Lesnar makes sense too.

I'm not HHH's biggest fan, and I do think it has been obvious for over a decade now that he has an inferiority complex with regards to the Rock (in particular) and Austin.

That said he is the obvious choice to face and lose to Lesnar to get some heat back on him after the Cena nonsense. If Triple H wins though.....

I understand that old big nose is a big name but nearly everyone I have talked to is not interested in the slightest bit about seeing HHH vs Lesnar!

How many people have you talked to? Because the WWE caters to a worldwide audience of millions. I'm just guessing, but your small sample size of people probably do not make up any significant portion of that number.

Here's the thing: like it or not, HHH is a bigger name than most anyone on the active roster. This storyline with Brock Lesnar has hardly eaten into any television time at all and, remember, Brock's the one who didn't want to sign a full-time deal. He's the one whose contract has limited dates. So unless they booked a year in advance and drew everything out like they did with John Cena and The Rock, there aren't many other options.

Go ahead and hate the guy all you want. Was he probably involved in some backstage dirt? Sure. Does he have an ego? Absolutely. But the bottom line is, he is more over with the audience than most anyone else they've got and, frankly, he's not nearly as bad as most people make him out to be as far as intrusiveness.

Sure a guy called play the game will favour hunter but his points are flawed. Punks loss to HHH had nothing to do with punk losing momentum. You are right! It's the fact that for every week since he returned, HHH was opening and closing raw and involved in the top storyline whilst punk entered a generic face vs heel title feud that nobody really had any passion about. That's what killed punk.

Did you really just say Triple H PUT OVER THE UNDERTAKER? Ok that right there disqualifies you from ever speaking again. If anyone put anyone over Undertaker put Triple H over even with a loss. Hell you could even say that nobody put anyone over because they are 2 legends.
And "nearly everyone" you have talked to doesn't want to see this match. Maybe because they are your friends and share similar interests as you? Who should Brock take on?
Big Show? Why..the guy just lost to Cena just like Brock. No threat to Brock
Kane? He's busy with Punk/DB/AJ
Undertaker? Sure, if we want to literally bury the Undertaker 6 feet under
Randy? Nope he's still on suspension
Jericho? Do we really need to go there...
Rey? HA!
ADR? I think not he's apparently contemplating quitting WWE so why would they throw him in a main event light?
Sheamus? He's slightly busy too
Mark Henry? Last I checked he was still recovering.
Great Khali? Give me a break.
Big Zeke? Get the paint..let's watch the walls dry.
Wade? He's out still

Did you honestly even THINK before you made this thread? They need Brock to have a good caliber match after his fiasco with Cena. Who else can give Brock a credible match and who really has nothing to lose by being taken out? Triple H! That's who! If Brock doesn't wrestle here he becomes even more irrelevant. People will eventually forget him and the buzz he once had will be lost.
Triple H can provide Brock a quality opponent, a LONG match that is actually good to watch. Hunter is still a tough enough guy that people will consider Brock a threat again if he wipes out HHH. I mean come on man...COME ON! :wtf: I'm begging you to think about this rationally. :wtf: man :wtf: HHH vs Brock may not be at the highlight or the top of your list but guess what. It's 200x better than Brock vs. ANYONE else on the roster.

Ill-informed Triple H haters in here

I lol'd at the first sentence. Completely true Mr. Game. I get so tired of these Triple H hate threads they pop up, like someone else said, once a month at least.

Triple H is still a major draw despite him being a part timer. He is infinitely loyal to the WWE since day 1 and will do whatever it takes to make the company money, even sign a greedy jackass like Lesnar. He killed Punk's fire? Really now. Let me ask what you would rather see: Punk/Nash or Punk/HHH? I'd much rather see Punk face HHH and Punk lost because of big Kevin to set up Nash's match with the Game and allow Punk to move on to bigger and better things. Like the WWE title. Which he still holds to this day. 7 months later. What are you complaining about? I'm not complaining except to complain about you assholes hating on Triple H once a month. Punk can't do shoot promos every RAW or SD!. It gets boring and his promos have still been pretty good and he hasn't cooled down all that much.

Now with the current feud. Who else would you have picked because I don't believe you really specified Mr. OP? Ziggler? Swagger? Let me guess some 'young up and coming star'? You'd be an idiot to do so. They'd be jobbers for a guy like Lesnar. He'd be like Ryback, "FEED ME MORE!!!" Nobody wants that for someone as established as Lesnar. You want him to face stars of a similar status. Cena. Orton if he wasn't suspended, Taker if he wrestled more than once a year, and who else? That's right Triple H is the next best option. A majority of us want to see it so you my friend are in the minority as are whomever you talked to. Triple H is still someone people pay to see believe it or not so as long as that's true you will see him when the other aformentioned stars aren't available until he literally can't wrestle anymore. Does he have an ego? Yes but he will always do what's best for business.

What WWE has failed at is wasting Lesnar's dates, they could have had him do PPV only dates and the occasional RAW to 'set up' the PPV.

HHH being involved, look at it like this, HHH is WWE's main stay, he's their star maybe he's used his political clout but seriously Lesnar/HHH has that big feel match, same with Lesnar/Cena or Lesnar/Taker, Lesnar/Orton or even Lesnar/Sheamus so it's only logic WWE will have Lesnar/HHH at one of the bigger PPV's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back