Why Doesn't WWE Raid TNA?

Let's run through the list shall we?
  • AJ Styles: WWE might have an interest, but due to his priorities WWE doesn't hold much interest for him.
  • Abyss: I doubt WWE would want him. They've got plenty of monster heels
  • Alex Shelley: Had a try out, WWE had no interest in him.
  • Anarquia: I doubt WWE are interested in him
  • Antony Nesse: See Anarquia
  • Austin Aries: tried and failed to get into WWE last year.
  • Bobby Roode: WWE may have interest but due to his TNA contract they can't get at him. When it expires they may make an offer. We'll see though.
  • Brian Kendrick: WWE fired him. I doubt they still have interest in hiring him.
  • Bully Ray: Eh he's been doing great, but he's also 40 so WWE might not want him for that reason. But in either case his contract doesn't expire for another year
  • Chris Sabin: I doubt WWE have interest in him. He's good, but probably not worth what they'd have to pay him to get him out of TNA.
  • Christopher Daniels: If WWE wanted him, he'd have been hired when he wasn't with TNA.
  • Crimson: He's the stereotypical "WWE type of guy" but I haven't seen enough of his work to say if he's got any skill or charisma to back it up.
  • D'Angelo Dinero: They fired him. I have no reason to suspect that they'd want him back.
  • Devon: Like Rey they might or might not want him back. Either way it won't be an issue for about a year.
  • Doug Williams: If WWE were interested he'd have been hired years ago.
  • Eric Young: I strongly doubt WWE have much interest. If they did, he wouldn't have stayed with the "I can work more indie dates" clause in his contract.
  • Garrett Bishoff: lol
  • Gunner: See Crimson
  • Hernandez: WWE might have interest in him, but the fact that he's 39 would be a turn off. Maybe.
  • Hulk Hogan: lol
  • James Storm: See Bobby Roode
  • Jeff Jarrett: Wouldn't leave the company he founded.
  • Jeff Hardy: Not right now. If he appears to be clean this time next year they'll probably try to sign him again when his contract comes up.
  • Jesse Sorenson: I doubt WWE have any interest in him
  • Kazarian: If they wanted him, they'd already have him. Or at least, not fired him back in 2005
  • Kid Kash: Fired him, and if they wanted him back, they'd have done it years ago.
  • Kurt Angle: They fired him because they thought he'd die on their watch if they didn't. The fact that he's seemingly gone crazy doesn't make me thing they'll be hiring him any time soon
  • Magnus: If they don't want Magnus, then whoever does the scouting should be shot.
  • Mark Haskins: I doubt it, but I haven't seen enough to say for certain.
  • Matt Morgan: They'd probably like him back.
  • Mr Anderson: Yeah, they fired the ********. I doubt he's endeared himself to them since.
  • Ric Flair: Lol
  • The two Ronnies: No. Just no.
  • RVD: If the price is right, they probably would take him back. See: Booker T.*
  • Samoa Joe: That ship has long since sailed.
  • Scott Steiner: Possibly but I doubt either party would be that interested. Also, I cannot imagine him passing a piss test.
  • Shannon Moore: I doubt it.
  • Zema Ion: Maybe, I haven't seen much of his stuff though, so don't quote me on that. However, I doubt he's going to be on the market for some time.

So yeah, a mix of contract issues and not being interested in a lot of the tallent is the likely answer for why they don't.

*The reason RVD is a yes despite his age while guys like Hernandez aren't is that he's got more name value in WWE. The other guys would require additional investment in order to get over, while RVD wouldn't and is therefore a safer investment.

To be honest it would be pointless for WWE to raid TNA with their current creative mindset. Vince would take everything that made the talent work in TNA and water it down defeating the entire point of having them on the roster. Take Even Bourne for example, his move set has been reduced and he's forced to work a "WWE style match", yet what made him a real talent was his diverse move set. It's also the main reason Sin Cara wasn't getting over, he now has limited move set and works with a roster who isn't use to his style of wrestling. Austin Aries is great on the mic, but WWE would now control everything that comes out of his mouth and he was likely loose more matches then he wins. Or even worse WWE would saddle him with comedy roles and spots that don't go anywhere. Until WWE gets it's head out of it's ass, I can't get excited about them getting new blood.

Because, if you've studied Economics you'll realise that the WWE is far too close to becoming a monopoly (which is where there's no competition). If all the WWEs competition died out the wrestling "economy" eventually would too. Anyway, a good bit of competition does a hell of a lot of good for both companies.

If AJ Styles were to sign with WWE, they'd rename him, "Jimmy Alex" or something like that and bury him in FCW for 6 months to a year. Then he would be "called up", only to struggle to get time on "Superstars", or maybe even, "NXT". Then maybe get moved to Smackdown. No PPVs, no dolls, no DVDs. It would take years for him to get anywhere close to where he is now in TNA. Then toss in the travel, that would be insane, for relatively little money. It wouldn't make any sense for him to move.

A major factor that i dont think anyone has brought up is the contract issue in the wrestling world.

WWF and WCW back in the day had the same contract structure that is here now with WWE and TNA.

Its written in the contracts that while working for said company, they may not negotiate with outside parties unless they either have permission or their contract is expiring within a few months.

Very few companies outside of sports do this, but this stops something like what you mention from happening.

ECW and most independants didnt/dont have this structure, which is why ECW could be "raided" all the time by WWF and WCW.

If Vince really wanted he could buy out their contracts but thats only if the wrestler in question wants it bought out. And it would likely be rather costly.

Very very very simple response:

They don't view them as competition. Thus, no need to raid them.

Who says WWE hasn't scouted TNA talent? Kaz, Johnny Devine and a few others have touched WWE waters on occasions. Thing is, WWE has left a very bad taste in TNA's mouth. Back in say, 2004, it wasn't all that rare for a TNA guy to leave and go for WWE. But with these guys falling short or WWE just calling them and showing no interest afterwards (Kaz and Low Ki are prime examples) they go back to TNA with a sour taste. Add to that how the rest of TNA's loyal core ended up there (Matt Morgan, D'Angelo Dinero, 3D, Anderson, Gail Kim, all had some sort of falling out) and finally two iconic figures that are hell bent in pushing the company (Sting and Kurt Angle. 3 if you wanna count Jeff Hardy). Add to that the incident that took place when WWE filmed their 2005 Royal Rumble commercial in Universal Studios and that pretty much sums up why there is so much animosity between the two and why it's so rare for a TNA guy (or gal) to show up there.

As more people fall out of WWE with bitter taste and head to TNA, the more bad reputation WWE gets and the less probable it will be for these guys to ever consider jumping ship a good idea. Seriously, has a TNA guy ever jumped to WWE for any reason other than they need more money that badly?

Some of it I am sure is that a few of the young talent that TNA does have, started in WWE at some point and their characters were destroyed by the company.

Matt Morgan for instance was a stuttering bafoon. I don't remember AJ's run in WWE but I know for a fact he started there.

While Morgans case maybe why he may never return, I cant say the same for Styles but what I can say is this: A lot of those guys seen how Vince treated some of the WCW guys that came over. He destroyed some of their careers. Whose to say that if Styles went to WWE that Vince wouldnt make him look like a complete bum to try and lesson what TNA looks like.

Like really this was TNA's best to offer? Type deal.

I agree with the one posters assessment that TNA did give a lot of these guys their shots and out of loyality they may not want to waver.

We also don't know if any of them were tried out by WWE and were treated badly or told they were talentless etc. etc.

I would say my best bet is that they just don't see any talent on TNA's roster that can sell. I do think if they had a shot at Robby Roode, they would snag him.

with wwe having seth rollins and dean ambrose pretty much itching to get there debuts i doubt they should even consider taking a tna star...

and its not really a bad thing... i watch tna every week, i watch raw every week...and in reverse i would love to see tna spend big money to nab both seth and ambrose. TNA is one major break out star away from connecting to popular pop culture the way stone cold steve austin did.

I think one of the main reasons WWE doesn't raid TNA's talent. Is they simply don't need talent desperately. If they did Vince McMahon would be trying to sign all of TNA's top talent and run them out of business. Just like he did to the old territories back in the day.They have an overabundance of wrestlers on the main roster and in FCW now, that are not used regularly. Not to mention that now a days, WWE prefers to teach/train wrestlers their style of wrestling basically from scratch. If they hire someone that's been established in TNA or elsewhere. They would have to retrain them on WWE's style.

Obviously they have shown interest in many and have signed a few of TNA's talent in the past. If TNA starts pulling in higher ratings, I'm sure Vince will step up on trying to raid their talent. At the moment there's no need for WWE to be too concerned with TNA as competition. When/ if that day ever comes we'll see a lot more of TNA's stars in WWE I'm sure.

I think WWE does dip into TNA's talent quite a bit, as mentioned on here already, they've gotten their hands on Monty Brown, Kaz, Kharma, R-Truth, and Chris Harris.

WWE has a different style of wrestling than TNA or the Indy feds, so right off the top I'm sure they ignore the "spot monkeys" who are great workers, but can't tell a story. In fact, if the tag division wasn't so bad, I doubt Generation Me would have even gotten their try out last year.

Then you have the guys that WWE would take, and have made offers to, who just have a certain level of loyalty to TNA. This would consist of guys like Bobby Roode and Matt Morgan.

Then there's guys like AJ Styles and Daniels who Vince won't even give a second look to, and I honestly couldn't tell you why...

and lastly, we have the group I like to call "the has-beens" RVD, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting etc. Guys who will either end their careers with one last run in WWE or will hang up their boots in TNA and immediately sign a WWE Legends Contract.

2 Reasons

1) This isn't like the days of the territories or at the level of indies. Talent have contracts, normally long term contracts that limit them from even having any kind of business dealings with the competition until it expires. For example, if RVD was negotiating for a return once his contract expires, while still under contract, then they will have breached their contact and can be sued (that isn't to say that a lot of talent, have "informal" meetings about it).

2) A lot of talent just don't see it being worth while to jump, especially when a fair few TNA talent have jumped ship, only to be used incorrectly or not at all, and end up being released or quitting. While their is more money to be made in the WWE (Unless you are a veteran who reportedly make alot), there is usually more security in TNA as they very rarely release talent and are notorious for having a lot of talent on the roster who basically get paid to do nothing (not so much recently). Guys like AJ Styles & Samoa Joe realize they have good spots in TNA (not necessarily a good spot on the card in Joes case), but they are TNA guys, they pretty much have a job their for life. Why risk it by jumping ship, being treated wrong (or in "Braden Walkers" case, showing up out of shape), flopping and being released?

The reason why WWE doesn't raid TNA? I don't think they need too. They have alot of talent on their roster right now, and they have alot in development as well, there's no reason to go raiding another companies roster when they have enough already.

We all heard of "rumors" of WWE seeing interest in Beer Money, but that's not possible now because of their contracts. I think some wrestler's have a certain loyalty to TNA, some wrestler's like the lighter schedule, and some just don't care anymore. I think if WWE wanted to get a wrestler from TNA, they could buy out a contract and get them, they have the money.

I have never understood the supposed "not competition" argument. For starters TNA is clearly competition to WWE. To what degree is certainly up for debate but it is obviously competition. It was no big secret that WWE did actually try and get Sting last year but he turned them down and went back with TNA. If that doesn't show the existence of competition then I do not know what does. Furthermore, I think people that speak about it not being competition contradict themselves constantly. Like here you say TNA isn't competition but then suggest WWE should be worried about making them a tiny blip on the radar. If TNA is truly inconsequential to what WWE does then such a thing should not matter. WWE does seem interested in getting people to believe TNA isn't competition but that doesn't make it true. In fact, I'd argue it means the opposite.

Really? You're going to use Sting as an example? Sting is one of the biggest names in the history of the business, that's why they wanted him. The money in merchandise and DVD's alone is worth having him on the roster. If TNA was truly competition do you think Ric Flair would have been at the Hall Of Fame for Shawn Michaels induction to give him the ring and then posted it on WWE.com? Do you think they would have gave Mick Foley free publicity to a book that had a TNA theme to the title and didn't make any money off of? Some say they gave Foley the pub because of how he backed Linda McMahon during her campaign. Come on, you can't really believe that they are worried about a program that drew worse or even to the ratings of ECW or NXT. I was basically stating that WWE doesn't want to give TNA the satisfaction of raiding their talent because if they end up bringing a bunch of guys over they are in a sense validating that TNA has done something that has worked. They are stating that their product or the talent used to produce it is actually worthy. It could potentially make fans tune into Spike on a Thursday to see what is going on there. Prime example: Hogan left WWE for WCW, Savage, Hall, Nash left..what did WWE viewers do? They tuned into WCW programming on Saturdays and then eventually Monday and Thursday night, hence validating that WCW was smart in purging the talent. Do you really think if Abyss, Matt Morgan, Eric Young, Mr. Anderson, Pope, Styles went to WWE that they would be expecting a large group of fans to follow? They draw maybe 2 million viewers on a Thursday running ataped show unopposed to no other wrestling programming. WWE isn't worried about the TNA viewer. Most of the TNA viewers already watch WWE on Monday and Friday and if they don't they are watching what was most of WWE talent over the last 10 years.

It wouldn't shock me if there were people in TNA that preferred the payoff if they could be a part of what built a company up further to eventually stand on a similar stage to the WWE. I also don't buy into the idea that you definitely get paid more as a WWE midcard or lower performer than you would as a TNA guy upper mid card or higher. WWE probably has the resources to outbid TNA for anyone they would want but that doesn't mean they have the desire to. TNA could easily value some of these guys more than WWE does. At the end of the day it isn't about what a company has as much as what they are willing to offer. That is what makes it all the more interesting to me when guys routinely re-sign with TNA after apparently weighing their options..

So being able to do indy bookings and having all your TV tapings done at once, being located down in Florida and having a more low key work enviroment isn't the reasoning either? Comfort Level? Being a potential big fish in the small pond doesn't intrigue someone? Some of the vets are getting paid off of their past from WWE/WCW or their connections to higher up talents. TNA values guys who they can afford. WWE values guys that can make them more money. Ask yourself this? Who do you think regrets losing who more? You think WWE regrets losing Team 3D? Kurt Angle? The Pope? Jeff Hardy?? They are stars in TNA because of their careers in WWE. Can you say the same for the guys that TNA has let go that have made it big in WWE? Do yu think TNA regrets letting CM Punk go? What about Ron Killings? Maybe they regret losing Booker T and Nash and allowing WWE to foil an entire storyline?? Come on man this isn't even a pissing match here.

I ask again, if WWE is perfectly fine with what they have then why do they continue to sign other wrestlers? I think Vince likes to make money and it just happens that is easier when it is his own stars but he hardly only does that. Austin and Foley weren't his guys. Punk and Danielson aren't exactly his guys..

So I get that he has taken other guys that weren't part of the machine, I see that very clearly. Guys like Undertaker, HHH, Austin, Foley, Big Show, Jericho...there are plenty to name. ROH guys like Punk, Danielson and Bourne. Now I will say this...how were the gimmicks that Austin,, Taker and HHH had in WCW? How many world titles did they win? How much money did they make? Merch Sales? PPV buys? How established were the ROH guys? Indy scene knew them and people on this board, but where did they make their true mark? If you are stating that these weren't original WWE guys you are right, but Bret Hart started Calgary Stampede. Hulk Hogan, Mr. Perfect, Ultimate Warrior, names go on and on those guys wrestled in the smaller territory type feds such as AWA and different NWA regional feds. I'm not getting the point to saying someone isn't his guy. The WWE creative machine along with the wrestlers themselves make that company because they actually have a direction and a true business sense for Wrestling. No one does it on their own, not just creative and not just the talent.

The bottom line is this..WWE makes and breaks stars...TNA capitalizes on what has already been established by another company. The only real name that you can honestly say TNA has built from scratch for the most part is Bobby Roode. To use guys like Daniels, Joe or Styles isn't true because ROH built those guys, Daniels has had runs in WWE and WCW so fans knew him. TNA is not a real competitor to WWE and their audience. UFC/MMA in general poses more of a threat to viewers and pay per view buys to WWE than TNA does.

I have never understood the supposed "not competition" argument. For starters TNA is clearly competition to WWE. To what degree is certainly up for debate but it is obviously competition. It was no big secret that WWE did actually try and get Sting last year but he turned them down and went back with TNA. If that doesn't show the existence of competition then I do not know what does. Furthermore, I think people that speak about it not being competition contradict themselves constantly. Like here you say TNA isn't competition but then suggest WWE should be worried about making them a tiny blip on the radar. If TNA is truly inconsequential to what WWE does then such a thing should not matter. WWE does seem interested in getting people to believe TNA isn't competition but that doesn't make it true. In fact, I'd argue it means the opposite.

:lmao:

TNA does seem to want people to think their actually competition to the biggest wrestling company in the world. Sad thing is, the TNA fans actually fall for it.

You see, this is the problem, TNA IN NOT competition. It seems alot of TNA fans seem to think that the owner of a million dollar worldwide known company, cares about a obscure company down in Florida. I don't get it. I don't know what Bischoff of Hogan has told you, but I highly, highly doubt Vince McMahon cares about TNA. Hell, you want example WWE doesn't care about TNA? A few years ago WWE had (on their front page of WWE.com) results from other corporations, they had Ring of Honor and TNA. TNA was on WWE's website. THEY DON'T CARE!

If they did, Ric Flair wouldn't have been on WWE.com last year, they wouldn't mention Hulk Hogan, and they would try to hide any reference to TNA. On RAW, they had a Royal Rumble "rewind" and they showed Ric Flair (a current TNA employee) winning the Rumble in 1992.

You want to know why WWE wanted Sting, because he's a legend, that's why. There would be alot of money to be made off of a Sting WWE run, with a DVD and possibly going into the WWE Hall of Fame. He's not some unknown kid on the TNA roster, he's Sting!

Here's an example. It's like a person opening up a Lemonade stand and saying their competition to Snapple. Or like a person in their backyard putting a name on a Coca-Cola can and saying their competition to Coca-Cola. Sure, TNA isn't some company in a backyard, but their not going to be competition with WWE, ever.

:lmao:

TNA does seem to want people to think their actually competition to the biggest wrestling company in the world. Sad thing is, the TNA fans actually fall for it.

You see, this is the problem, TNA IN NOT competition. It seems alot of TNA fans seem to think that the owner of a million dollar worldwide known company, cares about a obscure company down in Florida. I don't get it. I don't know what Bischoff of Hogan has told you, but I highly, highly doubt Vince McMahon cares about TNA. Hell, you want example WWE doesn't care about TNA? A few years ago WWE had (on their front page of WWE.com) results from other corporations, they had Ring of Honor and TNA. TNA was on WWE's website. THEY DON'T CARE!

If they did, Ric Flair wouldn't have been on WWE.com last year, they wouldn't mention Hulk Hogan, and they would try to hide any reference to TNA. On RAW, they had a Royal Rumble "rewind" and they showed Ric Flair (a current TNA employee) winning the Rumble in 1992.

You want to know why WWE wanted Sting, because he's a legend, that's why. There would be alot of money to be made off of a Sting WWE run, with a DVD and possibly going into the WWE Hall of Fame. He's not some unknown kid on the TNA roster, he's Sting!

Here's an example. It's like a person opening up a Lemonade stand and saying their competition to Snapple. Or like a person in their backyard putting a name on a Coca-Cola can and saying their competition to Coca-Cola. Sure, TNA isn't some company in a backyard, but their not going to be competition with WWE, ever.

I've already explained this to him with many of the same points. He just doesn't seem to get that a global company that is recognized as the one true powerhouse in their area and is a traded stock on wall street doesn't view the company that can't even run a traveling schedule with their workers or pull a rating over 2 and a half million viewers with 75% of the roster that had made their mark in other companies. Why in the world they are not viewed as a legit threat and real competition by Vince and the brass in Stamford. It's just a complete mysetery why Vince wouldn't want wrestlers that are past their prime or days or carrying an organization or the guys that he had already and released to bring up stars that were 10 years younger. Who knows?

Also, Does TNA not get enough credit for hanging on to "their guys?"

It's always amusing to read members of this forum who "know for an absolute fact" that TNA is profitable, or "know" that merchandise sales are through the ceiling. In fact, we don't know anything of the sort, but I wouldn't be surprised if WWE didn't have some idea of how the competition is doing financially, simply because they know what it takes to run a sports entertainment company. Same concerns, similar problems.

Perhaps WWE is allowing TNA to "tap out" (and I mean this in a financial sense, not a wrestling sense) by paying out salaries to a roster that still seems rather bloated for the size of the company. Many people presume that TNA must be profitable because they're still here, not realizing that the reason for the continued existence of a company is often that they have investors who are willing to "throw good money after bad" in a continuing effort to hope the organization someday becomes profitable. As far as I could see, that is what WCW did with their investor (Time-Warner) and we saw how that turned out.

If TNA's investor ever pulls the plug, that might be the end. If this is so, it might be what WWE is waiting for.....and why there is no reason to try and finish TNA off by hiring away their best wrestlers. If the newer company fails, the older organization can pick up the same guys for a lot less cost than they would by trying to hire them away while TNA is still functioning.

No, I'm not saying I know any of this to be true; just saying it might be the reason WWE is lying in the weeds rather than attacking....... but people are also kidding themselves if they think WWE isn't paying attention to what their competition is up to. Every time I read that "Vince McMahon isn't concerned with TNA at all" I realize how folks don't understand modern business practices.

It's always amusing to read members of this forum who "know for an absolute fact" that TNA is profitable, or "know" that merchandise sales are through the ceiling. In fact, we don't know anything of the sort, but I wouldn't be surprised if WWE didn't have some idea of how the competition is doing financially, simply because they know what it takes to run a sports entertainment company. Same concerns, similar problems.

Perhaps WWE is allowing TNA to "tap out" (and I mean this in a financial sense, not a wrestling sense) by paying out salaries to a roster that still seems rather bloated for the size of the company. Many people presume that TNA must be profitable because they're still here, not realizing that the reason for the continued existence of a company is often that they have investors who are willing to "throw good money after bad" in a continuing effort to hope the organization someday becomes profitable. As far as I could see, that is what WCW did with their investor (Time-Warner) and we saw how that turned out.

If TNA's investor ever pulls the plug, that might be the end. If this is so, it might be what WWE is waiting for.....and why there is no reason to try and finish TNA off by hiring away their best wrestlers. If the newer company fails, the older organization can pick up the same guys for a lot less cost than they would by trying to hire them away while TNA is still functioning.

No, I'm not saying I know any of this to be true; just saying it might be the reason WWE is lying in the weeds rather than attacking....... but people are also kidding themselves if they think WWE isn't paying attention to what their competition is up to. Every time I read that "Vince McMahon isn't concerned with TNA at all" I realize how folks don't understand modern business practices.

People say in a sense that Vince isn't concerned with them as real competition as far making adjustments to his product based off what TNA has done or is doing. Vince monitors everyone he checked up on WCW/ECW years ago just like I'm sure he is as aware as he can be with what TNA/ROH is doing. When peole claim Vince isn't "concrened" at least for me I mean that in a sense that he is not worried about them taking away from what he is doing right now. I don't feel like he views their talent as a must have to improve his product. I don't feel like he looks at them as a real threat to pull viewers from his audience long term. Every smart business man is aware of their competition and what they are doing. I just feel like the gap is so large between organizations that to sit here and say that their talent is going to get raided when you obviously see the direction WWE has taken over the last 4 years is laughable. When have we seen them bring in someone as a regular over the age of 35? When have they said once either on TV or online anything about the TNA product as a whole. They realize that TNa fills a void or a niche for certain wrestling fans I think.

I think they realize that three will never be another giant competitor that will pose a real threat for them because WCW had a billionaire and a Television enterprise worth billions to back them.

A lot of people in this thread breakdown the current rosters and say who does and doesn't make sense but what I am commenting on goes beyond that. Even if I pretend WWE is set with its current talent pool no one is going to deny that it is something they have been obviously trying to build back up over the last couple of years. It isn't just now that WWE isn't getting TNA talent.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality people were putting into their responses in this thread until sandman and itsso tried to put their mark on it. I might break one of their posts down later but what they don't seem to realize is that the competition factor is irrelevant. It isn't about putting TNA out of business, it is about making themselves the best they can be. You two might want to learn how to read my initial statement on competition again. Anybody that believes WWE has unlimited resources needs to rethink what they are talking about.

Since you admit this is pure speculation I have no problem with it but I don't see how this would be true. By far the only talents that WWE has shown any consistent interest in are the more expensive veteran types. I am more curious why WWE doesn't sign the allegedy less expensive guys to develop.

Why would the E' raid TNA? All TNA is, is the E's retirement home. Anderson & Hardy are the only ones that I would even bring back.

Kevin Nash, prime example. Went to TNA, came back, and was horrible on the mic and in the ring.

A lot of people in this thread breakdown the current rosters and say who does and doesn't make sense but what I am commenting on goes beyond that. Even if I pretend WWE is set with its current talent pool no one is going to deny that it is something they have been obviously trying to build back up over the last couple of years. It isn't just now that WWE isn't getting TNA talent.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality people were putting into their responses in this thread until sandman and itsso tried to put their mark on it. I might break one of their posts down later but what they don't seem to realize is that the competition factor is irrelevant. It isn't about putting TNA out of business, it is about making themselves the best they can be. You two might want to learn how to read my initial statement on competition again. Anybody that believes WWE has unlimited resources needs to rethink what they are talking about.

Since you admit this is pure speculation I have no problem with it but I don't see how this would be true. By far the only talents that WWE has shown any consistent interest in are the more expensive veteran types. I am more curious why WWE doesn't sign the allegedy less expensive guys to develop.

So why is it that my questioning of your logic is wrong??? I seem to notice a trend in here that more pople agree with me than you. That doesn't make it right per say, but what you are failing o see is that in my answer and I'll reapeat it for you so you can truly understand what I mean.

I mean for you to sit ther first of all and say that my posts aren't quality or adding anything to the conversation is wrong because "News Flash" it's a user discussion message board. It's essentially all off of opinions and you are the one who personally answered my initial input to the discussion so I must have done something right?

So here we go like I've said numerous times before. WWE doesn't feel threatened by TNA like they did years ago with WCW in their prime and alos like they took notice of the diffenece in ECW and the direction that their programming took the business as a whole. TNA has a large roster of former WCW/WWE stars, most of whom have had their best days for Vince so he has made his money off of them. The reason I felt that WWE didnt purge their talent is because most of those guys have given the WWE what they were good for in their prime or Vince was more concrened with being able to mold his own guy.

Second point: Why does TNA keep its stars that seeem to be a must have for them to continue to grow and expand with name recognition is easy to answer I feel. First, they enjoy working there. In some cases they are a bigger deal in TNA than they would be in the E. Their travel schedule is greatly reduced and less hectic. They can film a month's worth of shows at a time some occasions and they are all filmed at the same place most of that time. They in some cases are able to also accept indy bookings to make money outside of their TNA Deal. Also, I pointed out that some guys don't want to work for Vince and just plain don't like their business practices.

Final Point: I felt that the E didn't wnatto try and do a talent grab because in the end they gain nothingfrom it. Mot of the guys are past stars and can't work like they used to. The main guys they have are not what Vince is looking for and we all know he likes t mold and build stars in his image for their charecter. I feel like thye might see it as a step backwards because they are the Werstling giant and don't need to really worry about a ciompany who can't run consistent house shows and draw higher ratings week in and week out than ECW/NXT when they were on TV. I hope this does a better job of putting my "mark" on the post.
I don't need to reread anything about wehat you have posted because I answered your questions....as far as the competition and resources part I have my opinion you have yours, but don't be rude and tell me I have to re read anything this isn't a high school english class where you are assigning a reading and comprhension project, relax its about PRO WRESTLING...

I hope something such as my opinion is okay on an opinion based forum. Also, this is not the first time I have posted these answers in here I feel like some of these points are very valid they might not be right or the be all end all, but I felt they defenitely added something to the topic. If you disagree that is fine that's why we are on here to debate opinions and thoughts, but don't get all defensive and try to sit here and judge what you feel is worthwhile or important to the discussion. Oh yeah and in case you didn't notice if it wasn't about TNA trying to be the best company in the wrestling business then there is no reason for them to try and compete with the WWE. I don't know if they wanted to get better or be the best they would need to have an example to try and go after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back