Why does Vince McMahon always pick on good ol' J.R?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Website's are reporting that there are some within WWE who are very concerned with Vince McMahon's mockery of Jim Ross, on the 6/11 edition of Raw, potentially causing backlash for the company.

The general fear is that The Creative Coalition, who formed a nation-wide alliance with WWE to create the "Be a Star" campaign, might come off as hypocritical for associating itself with a company like WWE after what McMahon did on national television.

Many current and former pro wrestling names have openly criticized McMahon's mockery of JR on Raw.

Vince McMahon has been mocking Jim Ross for years now. And even John Laurinaitis got in on the games against J.R. upon his first night as the general manager of RAW when he publicly "fired" J.R. in from of J.R.'s wife and hometown crowd in OKC. Hasn't Jim Ross been through enough?

I think Vince is very much sort of an old fashioned, politically incorrect macho kind of guy. What I mean by that is that, while this might not be exactly true, Vince gives me the impression that he has sort of an ideal mind set as to how a "man" is upposed to be. A "man" should look a certain way, should carry himself a certain way, should dress for success, should like the finer things in life, etc. In other words, deep down inside, I honestly do think that Vince sometimes thinks that he should be what a man should be and sometimes picks on people who don't fit that mold like some asshole villain from an 80s teen or college movie.

Like I said in another post talking about Vince not that long ago, he's someone that has a weird and somewhat outdated sense of humor. A lot of what Vince thinks is funny tends to be either kind of corny & dated or inappropriately offensive. For instance, look at the episode of Raw where the actors from the Three Stooges movie showed up in character. I know some people still love the old Stooges, I get a laugh from them sometimes myself, but it just seemed really outdated and just not all that fashionable these days. As for the offensive part, Vince strikes me as the kind of guy that would probably laugh at a guy on crutches if he fell after having his crutches kicked out from under him. I think Vince would find that hilarious rather than mindbogglingly offensive & embarassing. It's no secret that Vince McMahon can definitely be an asshole and his mood & temperment change like the weather.

At the same time, part of me wishes people would just get the fuck over this already. Reportedly, Jim Ross himself has said that he thought the stuff was funny and he genuinely got a laugh out of it. At the end of the day, if Jim Ross doesn't have a problem with Vince's antics, then I don't see any reason to harp on them.

As for the potential backlash, I wouldn't worry about it. In today's society where we're downright obsessed with being politically correct, you can hardly blow your nose in public into a kleenex without pissing someone off. When R-Truth smoked on the Raw from London last year, parents groups & anti-smoking groups criticized WWE over it. It's not like he dropkicked a puppy out into the second row. I'm sure this will blow over and will be all but forgotten by this time next week.

I think it is just because JR is an easy target and won't say anything back to Vince. Also because Vince is jealous JR knows more about wrestling than Vince (Which is true).

I agree that people have to let things go sometimes but I don't really think the OP is specifically referring to just that one incident. There has been countless times when vince has mocked JR, Dr Heiny anyone?....

Sure I think vince should show a hell of a lot more respect for the guy that made vince a billionaire by recruiting the top talent we saw in the 90s and early 2000s. Austin, rock, cena, lesnar, HHH, orton, Jericho, angle and pretty much everyone else in that period that made
vince money were recruited by JR do you would think going on tv and trying to publicly humiliate him would be a big no no. But I really dont think he thinks he is hurting anyone's feelings. Like hammer said, vince just has a outdated sense of humour. He also probably feels like it's now part of his gimmick because he has been doing it so damn long and I think he thinks people expect it.

I'd love to hear vince sincerely apologise for all the stuff he has done to JR and I bet that he has somewhere down the line.

I kinda touched on this in a thread I started about a week ago. I think Jackhammer hit it on the head (he is Jackhammer!). Vince just has a weird sense of humor that only he finds funny. It does seem like bad timing with all this anti-bully stuff going on. It makes the company seem hypocritical. BE A STAR is just a thin veiled attempt to make kids stop picking on gay kids because they all are committing suicide.Why else would GLAAD be involved? Nothing against gays, but I had to put it out there...

Anyway, I heard recently on Konnan's podcast that Vince making fun of JR is something that goes on during meetings at Titan Towers on a regular basis. I even heard that Stephanie mock JR too! Vince's bullying tactics go unchecked because all of his cronies laugh with him and are scared to speak up. On that same episode of RAW, Vince was seen dancing with the Funk-a-dactles (whatever). It has been revealed that Vince has a fantasy about having sex with black women. It's benn said in the past that when Queen Sharmel's name was brought up in meetings that Vince would start rubbing his thigh turn his head sideways and moan out, "Brown Sugar". Stephanie would look embarrassed but no one ever said anything. It's like he has a pass to do and say whatever he wants to. His ego has run amok.

He should have more respect for the people he employs, but until someone checks him on it he will continue to disrespect guys like JR and all anyone will do about it is laugh...

PIPE BOMB!!!

Why does Good Ol' JR continue to be a WWE employee? He can leave at anytime, hes most likely made enough money to support himself through retirement or at least a job at ROH. If hes willing to sit idly by ant let Vince pick on him, than Vince should keep picking on him.

Hes literally kissed a grown man's ass on national television, I could really give a fuck about JR's self esteem once he did that and showed up to work the next day.

Honestly, I think JR is just a easy target, I watched a video on why vince don't say anything to Jerry and It was because King will quit. The Last time King quit was cause his wife at the time the kat got fired and he didn't understand why,that is when paul heyman took his spot.

Jr is the kind of guy who loves the business to much to quit. Me personally I think he will be the type of guy who will be in the office till he dies or is forced to retire. It don't even bother him anymore since he has been made fun of so much. Just look what ed ferra did to him in wcw as the oklahoma character did to him, which was a sad thing to do. Jr needs to put his foot down and stand up for himself even if he gets fired or not. He is like that kind of kid who sits in the corner in the class and gets picked on and its not right at all. Least he will show that he isn't going to be a pushover anymore and he is sick of what they are doing to him.

When they fired him in his hometown was sad, he shouldn't of been done that way. I have read on twitter he had no idea about it either. If I was him I wouldn't of got up out of that chair,even if i was getting fired or not they would of had to bring security out there to get me to get up.

He has been fired on national tv,made fun of, and even had to kiss vince ass in front of everyone. When is enough enough and he stands up for himself and says this is it I've had enough? We may not ever see it but it needs to happen he is to good of a guy to have this happen to him. He has proven successful commentating in the nfl,nba,wcw,awa, and wwe and then they bring him in to embarrass him. Something should come about soon or its untelling what the next thing will be.

There could be a lot of things for the reasoning of why he does it. It could be because JR knows more about wrestling, creativeness and recruiting then Vince McMahon ever could. Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying Vince doesn’t know anything about wrestling, but he did have a lot of great help.
I also think he knows it’s a cheap way to get heat. If he was face and wanted to make the switch, he knows all he has to do is slap JR around or make fun of him.
But in all honestly it’s all part of the storyline. JR may say he didn’t know about it but he does and he gets a nice pay check out of it. Because if it wasn’t part of the story or JR didn’t know about it and didn’t want Vince to do it, it wouldn’t happen. It called a lawsuit and JR would get paid. It’s called Americans with Disabilities Act and harassment.

I don't know how much of it is a work and how much of it is real. For all we know JR and Vince could be good buddies and Vince just likes picking on his friends. I know I'm relentlessly mean to my friends. Besides if it were real and JR was offended, he could easily find a lawyer and get set for life.

And JR might know more about wrestling than Vince, but Vince knows more about promoting than JR.

Vince mocking JR certainly doesn't wash too well with a lot of people, particularly Stone Cold Steve Austin. JR and Stone Cold are really good friends who go way back, and maybe that's why Vince insists on mocking him so much. Vince's relationship with Stone Cold is strictly business. He's jealous of JR because he is liked and admired not only by SCSA, but just about everyone else in the business. Vince, on the other hand, may be admired but he certainly isn't liked by too many people. In a nutshell, Vince in his childlike fashion decides to lash out at the popular guy instead of taking a good hard look at himself in the mirror. Typical bully behavior.

Guys bust each other balls, it's what we do and it's ok as long as it doesn't go too far. JR is a grown man that can stand up for himself if he wants. He may actually appreciate that McMahon is keeping his name relevant and making him a sympathetic character to the audience.

This stuff has nothing to do with anti-bullying or political correctness. These are grown men on a ridiculous TV show, not kids who are still trying to figure themselves and life out. Sure kids watch and are influenced by what they see on TV but even a child can separate right from wrong. If anything watching the pompous jerk of a boss acting that way should teach kids not to be a pompous jerk.

And it's not like Vince hasn't subjected himself to ridicule and humiliation plenty of times over the past 15 years. It's all a TV show, some of it is funny and entertaining. It always surprises me how sensitive and protective fans can be of JR.

Wrestling fans are way too sensitive now. So vince made fun of a guy who is crippled, lost his balls, cant poop right or whatever the heck ballz palsy is. Whats the big deal? It made vince look like a dick...which he is.

Think of the potential pay off this is leading too. Its so obvious this will lead to a huge payoff where JR will finally get his revenge on vince.

I dont see why everyone is so uptight about making fun of disabled people. WWE has done it for years. Even Golden Boy Superman John Cena made fun of the one legged wonder Zach Gowen back in the day. But thats okay right?

The cruelest people are always the most insecure. Thats why the pick on others, to deter the attention from them. Combine that with the severe case of superiority complex that Vince has and someone is bound to end up on the short end of the stick. If you want to be respected in the WWE you have to carry yourself like the oldschool guys do. HBK, SCSA, and Undertaker are all compatible with Vince's business model. One would think that kissing ass is the way to go but I've heard otherwise. I remember hearing about Jericho storming into an office pissed off over something that was published about him and mid rant Vince said "thats the spirit". In other words, Vince likes people who are respectful but not spineless. Jim Ross is unfortunately spineless. I understand that he has a restaurant to run and a family to maintain but people who trade money for self respect dont deserve compassion. Dont you think that SCSA new he might get fired when he took a week off? Dont you think Undertaker new the consequences of his actions when he stormed Vince's office and demand he apologize to Bret after the screwjob? I'm sorry but entertainment is business. Entertainers are a brand. And if a businessman doesnt have the courage to defend his brand someone else is going to come and knock it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back