Why Brock Lesnar Should Be Universal Champion Until Wrestlemania 34

BestSportsEntertainer

I Don't Need No User Title
At Sunday night's Great Balls of Fire PPV, Brock Lesnar successfully defended his championship against Samoa Joe in a thrilling match. Overall the feud was excellently booked and gave Joe some much needed credibility and momentum. Now he looks to be one of the biggest stars on Raw after he was mostly floundering in the mid-card.

Lesnar has many more possible matchups that are very intriguing. Lesnar vs. Balor, Strowman, Rollins, or Wyatt would all be great feuds.

So Roman Reigns could defeat Lesnar at SummerSlam, but that severely limits your matchups. We've seen Reigns vs Strowman, Joe, Balor, Rollins, and Wyatt nimerous times on PPV and/or TV. Quite frankly, none of those feuds are very interesting.

Would you like to see Reigns defeat Lesnar for the title at SummerSlam or WrestleMania? If you chose SummerSlam, who does Reigns feud with afterwards?

Lesnar being champion doesnt matter. He can have a big name match because he is brock lesnar. If he lost to Reigns at SummerSlam he could still have all of those matches. The problem is that brock lesnar has been turned into a prizefighter. He doesnt give a shit about anything but the championship and the money. To have all those match ups you need to find a reason to have Brock deviate from those. I dont really know how you do that

You mean to say that he should be able to defeat every credible challenger left and then get defeated by Roman Reigns.

Then why should I be interested in his match when I know that he won't lose? Regardless of the feud being booked as much good as possible, if I know that it won't lead to any change then why should I be interested?

Roman Reigns has already too many rubs. This big rub should be given to someone else. Like Braun Strowman. Or Seth Rollins. Or Finn Bálor. Or Samoa Joe.

The previous poster is correct Brock only cares about being champion and nothing else. Considering he's only around every few months to defend the title makes him a crappy champion in my books anyway.

So what RAW has done is they've left Wyatt, Rollins, Balor (who didn't even have a match last night), Samoa Joe, Strowman and Reigns, standing around scratching themselves because there is no title in sight to go after. It's sitting on a ranch in Saskatchewan for months on end.

You can have as many number one contender matches as you want, but the champion should be there to take on the number one contenders. Lesnar hasn't defended the title since April, 3 months ago. The other title is being held by MiZ who for some reason or other can only feud with Ambrose.

Brock is in the last year of his 3 year contract and the rumour mill stated he was going to wrestle more because he's finished with UFC. That hasn't happened. Sure he shows up every once in awhile and does a staredown, but that's the extent of it.

As much as Lesnar and to a certain extent Vince like to treat this title as you would a UFC title, meaning it only gets defended a couple of times a year, how is that fair to the other guys on the roster waiting in line to get a shot at it.

Now Samoa Joe had one hell of a match with Lesnar last night, but according to the WWE it's a one and done deal. He'll go to the back of the line and wait till Lesnar goes through everyone until Reigns takes it from him at Mania 34. Joe is what nearing 40, how long should he have to wait, cause if he couldn't beat Lesnar then he shouldn't be able to beat Reigns, who will beat Lesnar.

I'm afraid that Wyatt, Rollins and Balor don't have a snowballs chance in hell of beating a Brock Lesnar. Samoa Joe gave him the most offense I've seen in a long time, and I really thought Lesnar was going down last night.

They could have put the title on Joe last night and have him retain it for awhile, but again this is the problem of one guy being pushed at the expense of everyone else.

If you can't enjoy a feud because, as a "smart" mark, you know where it's going, that's your fault. You only know where it's all leading to because you choose to read dirt sheets. I get really irritated when I read a post where someone complains about an angle/story because they already know where it's ending up. That is your fault. Stop reading the dirt sheets if it's causing you so much boredom.

Brock is definitely a prize fighter. I love him only showing up right before he defends the title. I honestly don't care who ends up beating him at Mania, but yes, he should hold it until then.

The Match was indeed great but having your World Champion on your "A" show never be present just doesn't make sense. If Brock worked more of a full time deal where he was even just on Raw every week without even competing but the current status just doesn't make sense.

Plus nobody wants Reigns vs. Lesnar at Mania. So have Roman win the Title at Summerslam and go on to defend it vs. John Cena at next year's Wrestlemania. Lesnar can compete in the Rumble and be tossed out by Samoa Joe. Then these 2 could have another epic match at Wrestlemania. Lesnar should go back to being a special attraction for major PPV's but should stay out of the Title picture unless he's willing to work a more full time deal.

My Wrestlemania Card Next Year
Roman Reigns (C) vs. John Cena (Universal Title)
Nakamura vs. Styles (WWE World Heavyweight Title)
Brock Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe (Cage Match)
Finn Balor vs. Bray Wyatt (I-C Title) Falls count anywhere
Rollins/Ambrose vs. The Hardy's (Raw Tag Titles)
New Day vs. The Revival (Smackdown Tag Titles)
Andre Battle Royal for the US Title
Charlotte vs. Asuka (Smackdown Women's Title)
Sasha Banks vs. Bailey (Raw Women's Title)
Neville vs. Enzo Amore (Cruiserweight Title)

* Imagine 30 superstars for the US Title in the Andre Battle Royal where if the winner is from Raw he goes to Smackdown!!! And who wins it??? Sami Zayn who finally gets his Wrestlemania moment!!!

By your criteria, Reigns should never be champion again because he's already feuded with anybody worth feuding with. What's the difference if he wins it at Summerslam or Mania? Even if he wins the thing 8 months later, he'll still have already either feuded with or faced consistently Rollins, Ambrose, Strowman, Wyatt, Balor, Styles, Rusev, Joe, Brock, Owens etc. As somebody else alluded to, Brock doesn't need the title to make somebody look like a star in a match and, as good as the match last night was, it was still only 7 minutes long. People are tired of seeing Brock get progressively lazier as his contract runs out.

Who should Reigns feud with after Summerslam? He could feud with anyone. Just because he's already faced somebody a few times, doesn't mean he never should again. There are ways to make a feud interesting even if we've seen it before. Shit, I wouldn't mind seeing Strowman/Reigns continue to tell you the truth.

If you can't enjoy a feud because, as a "smart" mark, you know where it's going, that's your fault. You only know where it's all leading to because you choose to read dirt sheets. I get really irritated when I read a post where someone complains about an angle/story because they already know where it's ending up. That is your fault. Stop reading the dirt sheets if it's causing you so much boredom.

Brock is definitely a prize fighter. I love him only showing up right before he defends the title. I honestly don't care who ends up beating him at Mania, but yes, he should hold it until then.
And what if someone doesn't read dirt sheets and still sort of knows what'll probably be the result? You say this as if Roman Reigns' booking doesn't indicate anything. Who in the current crop of talent couldn't be pinned by Brock Lesnar even after 3 F-5s? Well, it's Roman Reigns. Who hasn't defeated Brock but hasn't been defeated by him either. The end of Wrestlemania 31 easily indicated what shall happen in the future.

IF, IF, IF Vince would be willing to book Lesnar's other opponents with the same level of attention and focus as we saw with Joe, then I think I'd be open to it. The problem, however, is that Vince's booking decisions are something of a crap shoot and could be all over the place.

Joe was booked to look like a badass and even though he lost last night, he didn't look "defeated" in the sense that Lesnar just decimated him. Joe's glare at Lesnar last night left me wanting to see another bout between them because even though the match was on the short side and I think they could have done more, they ultimately did what was needed: they put on an entertaining match in which Brock Lesnar looked to in danger of losing to a dangerous opponent.

However, would Vince book Seth Rollins to come off as a threat or would he ultimately be a ragdolled all over the place like we saw during his match with Lesnar a few years ago? For that matter, would Finn Balor be booked to be a credible threat? Would Wyatt? We really have no way of knowing whether we read the dirt sheets or not and we wouldn't know until the build started. Would have 9 months or so of challenging opponents for Lesnar or would he squash them like bugs? If it'd be the former, then wonderful but there's a good chance that it'd be the latter and, as a fan, I'd feel let down by all the potential opportunities squandered by putting Lesnar back to the formula that's been used for him except against Attitude Era stars.

Frankly, I don't have that much faith in Vince anymore as I don't think he has the discipline to make Lesnar's opponents strong. If they lost but lost after giving Lesnar a good fight, I'd be more than happy with that because they'd have gained something just like Joe did last night.

And what if someone doesn't read dirt sheets and still sort of knows what'll probably be the result? You say this as if Roman Reigns' booking doesn't indicate anything. Who in the current crop of talent couldn't be pinned by Brock Lesnar even after 3 F-5s? Well, it's Roman Reigns. Who hasn't defeated Brock but hasn't been defeated by him either. The end of Wrestlemania 31 easily indicated what shall happen in the future.

I still don't see what the problem is. General fans who do not read dirt sheets will more than likely enjoy this setup. Again, outside of smart marks who already have their minds made up, how can anyone say this won't be a really good 6-9 month run? Maybe it will stink, maybe it won't. Smart marks refuse to give anything a chance.

I still don't see what the problem is. General fans who do not read dirt sheets will more than likely enjoy this setup. Again, outside of smart marks who already have their minds made up, how can anyone say this won't be a really good 6-9 month run? Maybe it will stink, maybe it won't. Smart marks refuse to give anything a chance.
How are you so sure that general fans will enjoy this set up? Roman Reigns' booking easily signifies that he'll be the one to dethrone Brock Lesnar. That's without any involvement of dirt sheets. So will you have any interest in a match when you know that one side just won't stop winning?

I don't know about others but Brock's reign has been bad since he won the title. Disappearing for how many months while being the top champion? Two PPVs went without any appearance from him. It's already stinking.

How are you so sure that general fans will enjoy this set up? Roman Reigns' booking easily signifies that he'll be the one to dethrone Brock Lesnar. That's without any involvement of dirt sheets. So will you have any interest in a match when you know that one side just won't stop winning?

This just in: Roman Reigns lost last night.

Come up with any argument or excuse you want, but you'll just be playing into Nick's point.

I say keep Brock champion till WM 35! lets face it, there isn't much competition out there for Brock. The guy is a box office draw.....in UFC. Most wrestlers in WWE wont affect the company financials if they were all released today.

The company needs someone special, build someone up from outside the company to defeat him. Someone with a larger than life presence, charisma, personality, mic skills, etc

The only way I would be open to Lesnar remaining Universal Champion until Wrestlemania 34 is if he defends the title monthly. WWE can keep him as a big draw without sacrificing title opportunities that benefit the other main event level talent. Brock's had his fun. They missed the perfect opportunity to take the title off of him last night against Joe. Have Reigns or Strowman win at Summerslam (unless some other match gets announced tonight on Raw for that show). They can still do Reigns VS Lesnar at Wrestlemania 34 if Vince refuses to change that plan. Make it non-title. Guys like Rollins, Strowman, Joe, Balor, and even Wyatt all need something to fight for. #1 Contendership feuds should not be main eventing PPV events. World Championship matches should. Give them something to fight for. Either make Brock defend it monthly or have someone else whether it's Roman Reigns or any other full-time guy be the Universal Champion. A part-time World Champion is a stupid idea that's not good for business. Raw increased exponentially in quality this PPV cycle. They also had a top prize up for grabs this PPV cycle. Do the math, it adds up. Brock remaining Universal Champion with this rare title defense nonsense until Roman Reigns "saves" us from him at Wrestlemania 34 is a horrible idea. Do it at Summerslam and get it over with then have a non-title rematch at Wrestlemania. That is what's best for everyone involved whether it be the wrestlers, the federation as a business, or us fans.

Sorry ShinChan, but I have to disagree with you.

Based off Reigns' latest booking, it is not clear he is going to be the one to dethrone Lesnar.

He has lost to Strowman at the last couple of PPVs. He lost the Fatal-5 way. He put over Joe on free TV.

At this point, Strowman seems to have a much better chance to defeat Lesnar, in the eyes of casuals.

This just in: Roman Reigns lost last night.

Come up with any argument or excuse you want, but you'll just be playing into Nick's point.
Really? I know that he lost. But I would be playing into Nick's point if I actually was referring to current booking.

I'm not a casual fan anymore so I can't tell what it looks like to them now. But once I was. And the end of Wrestlemania 31 was enough for me to "believe that" Roman Reigns will actually defeat Brock Lesnar. He wasn't even pinned by Lesnar. Neither is Lesnar pinned by him. Before facing Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar squashed John Cena of all people. And an year earlier, ended The Undertaker's streak. And still couldn't defeat Roman Reigns. You think that I need to read dirt sheets for this?

But I'm still playing into Nick's point. :shrug:

WWE has really booked itself into a corner...Strowman has won twice in a row against Reigns, yet at this stage he isnt being spoken about for Summerslam. Am I the only one who sees a fatal four-way Lesnar vs Reigns vs Joe vs Strownman at Summerslam, where Lesnar drops the belt without eating the pin. Heyman is really selling Joe as the threat, andhow any of these guys dont be in the main event would be odd. Rollins will feud with Miz, with Ambrose possibly still involved. Wyatt can do something with the Hardys Im sure.

ShinChan, how much did you like Owens vs Jericho. The feud that is. The Festival of Friendship was one of the best things Raw has done in a long time wouldn't you agree? Everyone wanted Owens vs Jericho to be the universal title match at Mania so that's how good it was. How predictable was that though? Jericho was leaving and Owens was staying, no chance Jericho was going to win hey? Wel he did. The best/most anticipated feud of the past year but it was almost the most predictable, but WWE swerved us and gave the fans a pop. Gotta remember not everything goes to plan.

Anyways I think Brock is more of a draw as champion. I want to see him more as champion. I really wouldn't mind him retaining until Mania. I actually can't wait for Reigns vs Brock 2. Well I can. But I think to be a lot better than what we all think.

WWE has really booked itself into a corner...Strowman has won twice in a row against Reigns, yet at this stage he isnt being spoken about for Summerslam. Am I the only one who sees a fatal four-way Lesnar vs Reigns vs Joe vs Strownman at Summerslam, where Lesnar drops the belt without eating the pin. Heyman is really selling Joe as the threat, andhow any of these guys dont be in the main event would be odd. Rollins will feud with Miz, with Ambrose possibly still involved. Wyatt can do something with the Hardys Im sure.

Looks like this is exactly where things are heading

I can say this much - even with Brock only showing up every two or three months, he's still more interesting than anyone else they could put the title on. He and Heyman are amazing.

Who else could be as scary and entertaining? Braun? No, thanks. Bores me to tears. The title is more important now than it has been since the last time Brock was champion. Every match he has is a prize fight. I really don't see why internet fans want something that would be far less entertaining...

At Sunday night's Great Balls of Fire PPV, Brock Lesnar successfully defended his championship against Samoa Joe in a thrilling match. Overall the feud was excellently booked and gave Joe some much needed credibility and momentum. Now he looks to be one of the biggest stars on Raw after he was mostly floundering in the mid-card.

Lesnar has many more possible matchups that are very intriguing. Lesnar vs. Balor, Strowman, Rollins, or Wyatt would all be great feuds.

So Roman Reigns could defeat Lesnar at SummerSlam, but that severely limits your matchups. We've seen Reigns vs Strowman, Joe, Balor, Rollins, and Wyatt nimerous times on PPV and/or TV. Quite frankly, none of those feuds are very interesting.

Would you like to see Reigns defeat Lesnar for the title at SummerSlam or WrestleMania? If you chose SummerSlam, who does Reigns feud with afterwards?

I'd rather see Brock lose his title at Summerslam to anyone. He really doesn't need the title, he's a beast that has a match selling champion with him in Paul Heyman. Set up a Braun vs Brock at Mania. That match doesn't need a title to go with it. Two beasts clashing. Let Roman fight Cena at Mania for the title.

Then why should I be interested in his match when I know that he won't lose? Regardless of the feud being booked as much good as possible, if I know that it won't lead to any change then why should I be interested?

Because:

a) Sometimes its not about the win but the journey like you saw with Joe who got that infamous IWC "rub" even with losing

b) Would you really believe in your smark thinking, Reigns or no Reigns at the end of the journey, that the likes of Wyatt, Joe, Balor or even Rollins would beat Lesnar who got to end Takers Streak and even make company no1 face(Cena, not Reigns) look like an average jobber?

Besides, anything is possible in that fatal4way. Even to take Championship without pinning Lesnar. Reigns destroys Lesnar, someone else like Joe or Strowman takes Championship, Lesnar blames Reigns and goes back after few months for that Wrestlemania buildup.

As for the question Reigns/Cena would be much better build and match for Wrestlemania. Though I am afraid that it would have to wait maybe year after next for that.

Really? I know that he lost. But I would be playing into Nick's point if I actually was referring to current booking

His current booking which refers to losing to Samoa Joe, and Braun Strowman. In fact, out of everybody, Roman Reigns is the least likely to defeat Lesnar, given that he has not beaten Lesnar, he has not beaten Joe, and he has been barely able to survive against Strowman. So I don't know where you are getting this "predictable" Reigns vs Lesnar situation, but Reigns' booking is a clear indication of the opposite.

I can say this much - even with Brock only showing up every two or three months, he's still more interesting than anyone else they could put the title on. He and Heyman are amazing.

Who else could be as scary and entertaining? Braun? No, thanks. Bores me to tears. The title is more important now than it has been since the last time Brock was champion. Every match he has is a prize fight. I really don't see why internet fans want something that would be far less entertaining...

I have been wanting the same thing since Lesnar won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship back in Summerslam 2014. Let him be champion until Wrestlemania 35 for all I care. He brings the prize fight enviroment whenever he shows up. This help builds blood feuds like the one we are currently getting with Strowman/Reigns.

As for the question Reigns/Cena would be much better build and match for Wrestlemania. Though I am afraid that it would have to wait maybe year after next for that.

Given Cena's free agent status, it might be at Wrestlemania 34. Strike while the iron is hot kind of deal.

No thanks. Brock does not need the title to have these future bouts. Hell, him vs Joe was so good I would've loved a Part 2 but knowing the 'E I don't think it will happen.

Booking Brock is definitely no easy especially if it's his last year, but I just think if F4W happens or even if it is just vs Roman that Lesnar needs to drop the strap. The Universal Title has definitely gained some ground while being on Lesnars' shoulder but I believe a year of holding it won't make a difference on the effect of beating Brock.

I know Roman is no one's first choice, including mine. But I believe (lol) if your preparing for Roman and Cena this year you gotta have Roman have some healthy feuds notched under his belt, possibly Bray round 2 or Finn just to name a few.

For Lesnar, it sucks were on short time and there's definitely quite a few Brock matches I would like to see (vs Braun, vs Shin, vs Finn, vs FACE Seth) but I know we definitely won't get all of them. I see Brock doing 3 more PPVs this year maybe (Don't know his schedule) so I'd hope we atleast get one more fresh matchup like Finn and finally at 'Mania taking the L to someone who can fill his role as a beast. As of right now, Braun imo is looking like that guy.

Because:

a) Sometimes its not about the win but the journey like you saw with Joe who got that infamous IWC "rub" even with losing

b) Would you really believe in your smark thinking, Reigns or no Reigns at the end of the journey, that the likes of Wyatt, Joe, Balor or even Rollins would beat Lesnar who got to end Takers Streak and even make company no1 face(Cena, not Reigns) look like an average jobber?

Besides, anything is possible in that fatal4way. Even to take Championship without pinning Lesnar. Reigns destroys Lesnar, someone else like Joe or Strowman takes Championship, Lesnar blames Reigns and goes back after few months for that Wrestlemania buildup.

It all depends on booking. Joe's booking made Lesnar look vulnerable. He looked threatening to Brock Lesnar. And the match was perfectly booked. This is what I want from Brock Lesnar. Not boring squashes. I'm all okay for Roman Reigns defeating Brock Lesnar if the journey towards that match is full of entertaining matches. I don't want Rollins, Ambrose, Bálor etc to get squashed. That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back