Why aren't they mentioning Jericho and Why isn't Jericho giving his 2 cents?

Chococat

Chococat
Ever since the start of this unified champ story, they have failed to mention Chris Jericho becoming the first undisputed wwe champion. It's like they are pretending it never happened.

And Chris Jericho is known for chiming in his thoughts on the product and it just seems odd that he hasn't even said anything about the undisputed match or even them failing to mention him.

Do you think they are doing this on purpose? Do they really not remember? Do you think this is part of a story?

I'm kinda hoping that avoiding Jericho is part of a story for after the Unification match, Jericho returns and demands that since he was the first ever undisputed champion, he should get the first shot.

That's just my idea. What are yours?

Because the match at TLC seems like far more of a big deal if they make it out as if it never happened before. The first time someone does something is always the biggest event. If they keep mentioning that Jericho has already done it makes winning at TLC seem far less impressive

But it will be far less impressive as we already know what's gonna happen. Either Cena wins both or they change belts.

It's just dumb to mention and post past title unification matches on youtube and then act like Chris Jericho never won.

There is nothing impressive about WWE's now predictable story telling.

Back then people shat bricks because NO ONE ever expected Jericho to go over both Rock AND Austin to make history.

To me it's insulting our intelligence to say that this is a history making match when we've seen this dreaded Cena/Orton match over and over. TLC and a one month push for title unification will do nothing to surpass Jericho's moment.

Not even Cena turning heel to win both belts.

They have mentioned on the website that Jericho unified both the WWF and WCW titles.

Admittedly, if they haven't mentioned Jericho that is a little strange but I don't think we can read much into this. It would be pretty cool to see Jericho back and there is no doubt he would give the feud a different feeling but it is pretty doubtful.

They probably just want to ensure that the TLC match feels special and once in a lifetime.

Yess. Jericho may return.. Demand for the title match.. But recently Y2j and HHH had a bitter argument via twitter about never being the guy in WWE.. HHH insulted Y2j on RAW by saying he was never the guy... So this may lead to a good fued between HHH Vs Y2J ending up in a match between them .. At TLC somehow HHH ends up as champion... Then it can happen for the title between them..

Or maybe bcoz Y2J has made HHH look like a 2nd rated guy in WWE by saying that he too was also never the TOP guy in WWE that has made hunter angry that he purposely never wanted jerichos name to be mentioned...Maybe they have become real life rivals...

They have mentioned on the website that Jericho unified both the WWF and WCW titles.

Admittedly, if they haven't mentioned Jericho that is a little strange but I don't think we can read much into this. It would be pretty cool to see Jericho back and there is no doubt he would give the feud a different feeling but it is pretty doubtful.

They probably just want to ensure that the TLC match feels special and once in a lifetime.

They is only one single video mentioning Jericho as the first undisputed champ and only other mentions are in Jerichos profile.

There's more videos of the "undisputed" wwe title match between Punk and Cena

Just silly that there have been multiple unification matches involving WHC and WWE title and they act like this is the first time it's happened, calling it the biggest match in history.

What a crock

To me it's insulting our intelligence to say that this is a history making match when we've seen this dreaded Cena/Orton match over and over. TLC and a one month push for title unification will do nothing to surpass Jericho's moment.

Not only that, but CM Punk beat Cena to become "Undisputed WWE Champion" just 2 years ago.

There was an article where they mentioned all the titles that were unified after the WWF purchased WCW and Jericho features.

I'm not 100% sure but the belt John Cena has was introduced in 2003 and given to Triple H. The WWE Title (Orton's) was the belt that came about after Jericho unified the belts. Lesnar was drafted exclusively to Smackdown and Raw needed a belt, hence them using the big gold one.

I'm not sure if that is entirely correct but this is the first time that these two belts have been unified. Anyway, not mentioning Jericho is strange but I don't think there is anything significant in it. I'm sure he will be back for WM30.

There was an article where they mentioned all the titles that were unified after the WWF purchased WCW and Jericho features.

I'm not 100% sure but the belt John Cena has was introduced in 2003 and given to Triple H. The WWE Title (Orton's) was the belt that came about after Jericho unified the belts. Lesnar was drafted exclusively to Smackdown and Raw needed a belt, hence them using the big gold one.

I'm not sure if that is entirely correct but this is the first time that these two belts have been unified. Anyway, not mentioning Jericho is strange but I don't think there is anything significant in it. I'm sure he will be back for WM30.
Not entirely true, Bischoff alluded that he was dusting off his old title meaning the WCW title. WWE.com has confirmed the World title being one and the same as the NWA and WCW title ever since.

If you check the WCW title history and World title history, it says that Bischoff gave Triple the "old WCW title" and created a spiritual successor with a new lineage. In other articles, they mention how the "World Heavyweight Championship's" history goes all the way back to the early 1900's.

In fact, it's definitely WWE's most prized possession in terms of history and they're doing a disservice by retiring it at TLC. It's going to be a Fan Axxess mainstay from now on.

Did you not watch the last RAW/Smackdown tapings? they did mention it, twice.
They said, and i qoute, Brock Lesnar was the last "undisputed" champion, Chris Jericho was the first Undisputed Champion but that was between the WWE and WCW titles, now they are between the two the Raw and Smackdown World Titles so it's not the same thing storyline wise even tho it is in reality. so they are just twisting the facts and stating that it's the first time in history that 2 brand world champs are putting there titles on the line Title vs Title which has never happened before because there was only the brand split happened after the undisputed title.

Not entirely true, Bischoff alluded that he was dusting off his old title meaning the WCW title. WWE.com has confirmed the World title being one and the same as the NWA and WCW title ever since.

If you check the WCW title history and World title history, it says that Bischoff gave Triple the "old WCW title" and created a spiritual successor with a new lineage. In other articles, they mention how the "World Heavyweight Championship's" history goes all the way back to the early 1900's.

In fact, it's definitely WWE's most prized possession in terms of history and they're doing a disservice by retiring it at TLC. It's going to be a Fan Axxess mainstay from now on.

How do you know that it's gonna be retired? Jericho held both titles his entire tenure as undisputed champ, anyway who cares it's just a toy, titles don't mean much they are just brass rings, WCW is dead along time ago, there's no need to hash on the past that will never return and the world title is pointless. The WWE title is "there" title, so why should that one be scrapped if they are scrapping one or the other. get rid of the US and WOrld Titles period they serve no purpose anymore. The WWE Title and IC title are the same things and are WWE homegrown.

Ever since the start of this unified champ story, they have failed to mention Chris Jericho becoming the first undisputed wwe champion. It's like they are pretending it never happened.

And Chris Jericho is known for chiming in his thoughts on the product and it just seems odd that he hasn't even said anything about the undisputed match or even them failing to mention him.

Do you think they are doing this on purpose? Do they really not remember? Do you think this is part of a story?

I'm kinda hoping that avoiding Jericho is part of a story for after the Unification match, Jericho returns and demands that since he was the first ever undisputed champion, he should get the first shot.

That's just my idea. What are yours?
No, Ric Flair should come back and do it. He was the first Unified champ when he one the Royal Rumble and unified the Real worlds Championship with the WWF title.

Well they mention Jericho on Smackdown so that ends that. Cole also mentioned how the title he unified was the WCW Championship and the one Cena holds dates much further back. On WWE.com the World Heavyweight Championship title history states that Triple H was the first champion in 2003.

I don't get it but they definitely mention Jericho so all is good. Fingers crossed he still appears though ;)

Guess I wasn't paying attention then. But still, you'd think it'd be talked about from the beginning of the angle.

I still think Jericho should return and be the first challenger for the Undisputed Title.

Guess I wasn't paying attention then. But still, you'd think it'd be talked about from the beginning of the angle.

I still think Jericho should return and be the first challenger for the Undisputed Title.

I sincerely doubt it. Last we saw him, he was jobbing to Fandango.

Chris Jericho unified the two titles years ago. If anything, the last guy to become WWE Undisputed Champion was CM Punk at SummerSlam 2011.
And before both of them, Ric Flair unified the NWA and WCW titles against Sting at CotC 1994. I don't think he'll be lined up for a title shot either.

No, Ric Flair should come back and do it. He was the first Unified champ when he one the Royal Rumble and unified the Real worlds Championship with the WWF title.

he wasn't the official champion of WCW, he just had the belt because it was his, when he went to WWF he was the champion of WCW still yes, but only briefly they stripped him of the title and crowned a new champ so when he won the Royal Rumble he was a champion only on story, he wasn't the official champion and this didn't unify anything.

but Flair vs Hogan was a much bigger thing then Orton vs Cena that we've seen there entire careers over and over again, they started at the same time in OVW and came onto the main roster almost at the same time. blah blah blah....

Hogan and Flair never once wrestled each other until Hogan went to WCW, that should main evented WrestleMania and woulda been the biggest match in history but thats all in the past now.

he wasn't the official champion of WCW, he just had the belt because it was his, when he went to WWF he was the champion of WCW still yes, but only briefly they stripped him of the title and crowned a new champ so when he won the Royal Rumble he was a champion only on story, he wasn't the official champion and this didn't unify anything.

but Flair vs Hogan was a much bigger thing then Orton vs Cena that we've seen there entire careers over and over again, they started at the same time in OVW and came onto the main roster almost at the same time. blah blah blah....

Hogan and Flair never once wrestled each other until Hogan went to WCW, that should main evented WrestleMania and woulda been the biggest match in history but thats all in the past now.

Like I said below, Flair did unify the NWA and WCW titles at Clash of Champions when he beat Sting though. That makes him the first unified champ in my book (at least on mainstream TV).

Do they mention Buddy Rogers every time there's a WWE title match? No they don't. So what is the point in mentioning that Jericho was the first two unify the titles? As someone else mentioned Brock Lesnar being the last Unified champion makes sense to give people an idea of how long it's been since one man had both titles, but Chris Jericho's victory has nothing to do with anything.

Like I said below, Flair did unify the NWA and WCW titles at Clash of Champions when he beat Sting though. That makes him the first unified champ in my book (at least on mainstream TV).

Except for the fact that he didn't unify the NWA and WCW titles. He unified the WCW International title with the WCW world title. The NWA and WCW's agreement had ended by the time Flair won the title and the belt was big gold belt became the WCW International Heavyweight championship.

Except for the fact that he didn't unify the NWA and WCW titles. He unified the WCW International title with the WCW world title. The NWA and WCW's agreement had ended by the time Flair won the title and the belt was big gold belt became the WCW International Heavyweight championship.

Tomato tomahtoe. They gave it that name because they couldn't use the NWA title's name on TV, but for all intents and purposes, it was the NWA title.

But if you want to look at it like a different title, that's fine too. Ric Flair merged his own company's top world championship with it's secondary world championship that had a direct lineage from the NWA title. Sound familiar?? That's basically what's going down at TLC.

I'm pretty sure they've mentioned Y2J several times actually. They said Lesnar was the last and Jericho was the first

On SmackDown! last night, Cole actually addressed this when he mentioned Chris Jericho. Cole mentioned that what happened is Jericho unified the WWE & WCW Championships, but that the World Heavyweight Championship isn't the WCW title.

The lineage of the WHC is one big conundrum that I think Vince pulled out of his ass as a means of giving the WHC more prestige. It's WWE's contention that the WHC is part of the lineage of the title originally won & held by Georg Hackenschmidt on April 4, 1905. In those days, pro wrestling was, for the most part, a real sport that was all about genuine Catch wrestling, Greco-Roman wrestling, Jujutsu, Judo, etc. Basically, about 90% of it was a lot like what you'd see in most MMA fights. Hackenschmidt, who lost the title to Frank Gotch on May 3, 1908 & who has been mentioned several times by JBL over the past few weeks, was the first truly recognized World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion.

It isn't the same unification, we know that and we also know that Jericho is building his profile at the moment with his podcast and show... and we're missing him on WWE TV...

When Jericho comes back and he will, it'll be a big, big moment due to the Triple H stuff in recent weeks. Will he wrestle Trips? Quite possibly, will he come back as a wild card in this unification process or as part of a Shane return? Again quite possibly hell he could easily win the Rumble.

Personally I think Jericho would have been a better guy to face off against Cena for this unification but the reality is that Orton has that spot so mentioning Jericho on TV all the time won't make sense to WWE. If they wanted to be talking about Jericho he'd be in the spot, they'd have offered it to him early and he'd have re-signed to do it.

In many ways you can see at times that they regret giving Jericho that spot in history, even though later on he rose to be someone worthy of it - at the time they weren't even really "behind him" it was done more for shock value. Had Trips not torn his quad, he would have been that guy so it's natural now Trips would try to erase that "blip". If he doesn't get to be that "first guy" then he can retcon it so he's responsible for whoever is that guy... sad...pathetic maybe but when you consider the amount of retconning WWE has done up to now it's very plausible.

Whoever does come out of it champ if someone does, there is a big chance Jericho will be an early challenger to them in the run up to Mania if only to cement that push.

Mentioning (or not mentioning) Jericho's status as the first unified title holder doesn't mean much; it happened long enough ago that they can treat the Cena-Orton encounter as if the concept is something brand new.....what's the difference anyway?

As for Jericho commenting, we shouldn't forget he doesn't work here anymore, and despite many folks on this forum assuring us he'll eventually come back, it can't be counted on. In Chris Jericho, we have a guy who legitimately has the mighty WWE over a barrel. He can work for them.......or not. He has other irons in the fire and probably has enough money to stay away from us forever, should he choose.

In addition, it's important to remember the only reason he won the first unified title was that management scripted him to do so; it's not like he won an Olympic medal on his own initiative. When he's tweeting about his latest activities, I kind of doubt he refers to his WWE world championship as a legitimate accomplishment.

One thing we've learned about Chris Jericho: if he wants to talk to us, he'll do it. In many ways, he's living the dream, isn't he? Chris isn't weighed down by a stifling WWE contract; he can come and go as he pleases.

Alright, majority of you are just nitpicking.

When WWE crowned Jericho, they crowned him as the first ever undisputed champion, not me. That's who is always going to get that accomplishment from me.

I'm not saying Jericho needs to come back or anything, just wondering if he would

Also, I don't care what ANYONE says about this subject but you are not gonna convince me that the World Heavyweight Championship is not the WCW belt.

WWE can spin it anyway, you guys can spin it anyway. WHC is the WCW title to me. Always will be.

Using a belt used from another company and then saying that specific title goes back to 1900s? Bullshit.

It's the big goid wcw belt that was brought in during invasion, that chris jericho won and it's the belt triple h was awarded on raw.

If WWE wanted this title to related to old title reigns maybe they should have used the older belt instead of using the WCW WHC title.

And Jericho's win should matter as they made a huge deal about it when it happened. It doesn't matter how long ago it happened.

People still talk about the undisputed intercontinental ladder match between Razor and HBK and that was 20 years ago.

Anyway, i guess I got my answers about Jericho. I still expect him back in some form because how could you redo an undisputed title angle and not have the ORIGINAL UNDISPUTED WWE CHAMPION around at all and Triple H's squabble with him on Twitter and the Triple H becoming the man to beat Jericho for the undisputed title, I see it likely that Jericho at least challenges for the belt at least once during this entire angle.

If they don't bring in Jericho for this angle, they are missing good bits that could go well with Cena or Orton because we all know Jericho has that talent of making anyone look better than him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back