• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's Next?

4-Real

Gunnery SGT. for Team Bring It!
So, about 2 weeks ago, WWE signed ROH mainstay Bryan Danielson to a written contract. Upon doing so, WWE said they were looking to sign 5 guys from ROH in the near future. Now we know that they are zeroing in on Nigel McGuinness, former ROH World Champion, and it will be any day now before Nigel signs the dotted line.

With ROH about to lose two of their bigger stars and with WWE wanting more of ROH's talent for whatever the reason may be, what I want to know is who is next to make the jump? I'm thinking it's going to be in no particular order Delirious, Tyler Black, and Brent Albright.

Delirious is a comedy character who can wrestle, and i'd expect him to appear with or without his gimmick, depening on what WWE wants to do with him. Tyler Black has got the look, and is one of the brightest young stars out on the indys now. He is so skilled in the ring, and could be the one to take down Austin Aries for the title. Speaking of which, I don't think they will get him simply because ROH will probably begin to get their top guys written deals to avoid this. And Brent Albright may have appeared before as Gunner Scott. But again, he's still got the look, and has gotten better in leaps and bounds since his last stay in the 'E.

So who do you guys think will be the next to be pulled away from ROH? Aries? Black? Necro Butcher? Albright? Jacobs? Brodie Lee? Delirious? Generico? Steen? American Wolves? What do you think?

I would love to see any host of ROH guys come to the WWE, but only if they could be used and utilized properly which let's face it.. they wouldn't be. My top 4 of 5, with the 5th naturally being Nigel, would be as follows.

Jimmy Jacobs: I believe he has quite possibly the best promo cutting ability of anyone I've seen in recent memory. The guy is like a Next Generation Raven, and that would be the character/storyline I'd love for the WWE to utilize him with. Jacobs could become a cult leader the likes of Steven Richards for RTC, or Raven for the Flock.

Jacobs is without question a great talent, and hes currently missing from ROH television. This could be an indication that hes been in contact with the WWE. As for his destination, I can only hope its ECW as thats the prime place for him and practically every other ROH jumper to go to. Its easily the best place for them to gain a great spot, upon debuting.

I'd personally love to see Jacobs come out of the crowd and randomly attack Christian on a weekly basis, only to give small snippets of reasons why. Similar to Raven's debut in WCW, where he'd sit in the crowd and attack random guys. Jacobs could easily become ECW Champion within months of debuting.

Tyler Black: While I don't see a huge deal of talent in him, he has the size that McMahon could crave. Tyler doesn't have very great mic skills, or promo abilities, but hes a good in-ring worker. He reminds me of Test, or Matt Morgan, only not quite as large. Yet hes 10x better in the ring than Test ever was.

Black could easily become a great partner to someone smaller, in a Shawn Michaels/Kevin Nash type pairing. Beyond that though, I don't think Black could make anything huge of himself in the WWE.

Austin Aries: Without question, my favorite ROH Superstar - who could explode in ECW right now. Austin Aries has so much talent, its drowning in ROH to me. TNA was such a failure for him, to misuse him like they did.

While I'm sure I'm overly hyping Aries beyond what it could be worth, to see an Aries/Punk feud on Smackdown would be like Heaven to me. Its times like this, when I wish I would've been introduced to ROH back when Punk & Aries may have met. As I don't know if they have, but only have my thoughts to entertain me with the possibility that they could have.. and it surely would've been amazing.

Aries has the natural in-ring qualities that would make anyone on Smackdown look amazing. From Ziggler, to Morrison.

Kenny King & Rhett Titus: You can't take one without the other, here. Both are a unique and amazing Tag team, but neither could work as a single's guy. They have amazing chemistry and would be amazing to add into the weak and lacking WWE Tag team division.

I think King is amazing in the ring, and has great moves. While Titus is clearly the gimmick, promo guy of the unit. Together they could become the best new tag team of the era. And I'd give anything to see these two face any number of current Tag teams in the WWE and win.

I think the WWE would probably have to give Delirious a new theme, since I don't think they'd want to pay royalties for Hybrid Stigmata everytime he showed up.

Either that, or maybe we'd get good tv and have Shagrath and Vortex from Dimmu Borgir cut a promo on how Delirious stole their song and they want revenge.

Here is the list of who I would love and think will succeed in wwe :

1-The Briscoese these guys are this generations hardy boys but they are even better wrestlers they will get the wwe fans to cheer them so easy . The problem that they might face is that I do not have back ground on them but I heard they take illegal substances .

2-Chris Hero this guy has IT +( the gay attire !!) . His ring work is normal but just like punk he has charisma he reminds me allot of y2j . can you imagine him debuting like jericho back in 2000 .The only problem that he might face is that he might get a MIZ treatment and just become a mid carder .

3-Austin Aries this guy has flair praising him so I think that speaks for its self he can give the belt to tyler and come to wwe with the whole A Double gimmick and it will work but the only problem I think he might suffer is his size .

4-Bison Smith . Now he is not an official roh super star so wwe may take an advantage from that . This man has the size that vince loves not only that but he is also talented as hernadez or even more .

5-Delirious just for the E!

well hey i really hope hero sings with wwe but i heard that he doesnt have a job rite now but i will like 2 c hero so we could have swagger vs hero i will love that match

Unfortunately for ROH, there are alot of guys that the WWE probably wouldn't mind getting their hands on.

Chris Hero - I think Hero with be the next to go to the WWE. He has a tremendous ability to work the crowd. He's a heel reminiscent of those in the Attitude Era where you boo him, yet think "this guy is cool". He has a great presence about him, is able to cut a good promo and is solid with his ringwork.

Kenny King - Personally, I like him but I don't love him. However, he is exactly the type of guy that the WWE loves. He has decent size, a great build, is amazingly athletic and is young and extremely motivated. He would be the guy the WWE could mold since he doesn't work the traditional ROH style. King is skilled but is all about personality.

Tyler Black - With the departure of Danielson, Black will become the top babyface in the company and is the future of ROH....if McMahon doesn't snatch him up first. Black has made it known that his goal in this business is to headline a Wrestlemania. He is only 23 years old and is an established name on the independent scene. He has been main eventing ROH shows for nearly a year. He has a great physical appearance that is appealing to men and women and he can flat out wrestle.

Most ROH guys don't have a WWE body and they will get buried and lost in the shuffle. They are cruiserweights. Austin Aries, Jimmy Jacobs, Delirious, those guys don't have what it takes to make it on the grand stage. They will be the Brian Kendricks, Evan Bournes, and Jamie Nobles of the WWE. Good in the ring but just doesn't have the look on the grand stage (Evan Bourne can probably move up though). Stop thinking these skinny ass 5'8'' wrestlers will make the jump because they won't. Austin is a star in ROH, he would not be a star in the WWE (unfortunately).

If WWE takes people it will be guys like Tyler Black, Chris Hero, Brent Albright, and The Dark City Fight Club (should already be in the WWE). Bigger guys who can get in the ring with WWE superstars and look credible. Delirious would just be the white Boogeyman if he was in the WWE right now and we'd be begging for him to get taken the hell off of TV. ROH fans may not want to hear it, but I'm right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back