• Chris Jericho

• Goldust

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddog1146

Beating the odds since 1993
As you know, WWE has a lot of young talent and with young talent there are the experienced veterans that put them over. Since 2010 we have lost quite a bit of main stays in WWE such as Shawn Michaels, Batista, Matt Hardy, Edge, and there are a couple of people who's careers are coming to the end. So my question is who is the next to retire, please explain why you chose this person and how you think his career will end storyline wise. It could be with a retirement match or a you're fired match.

PS- Please do not choose Undertaker, we all know his career is next most likely with his condition.

The obvious 4 are HHH, Kane, Rey Mysterio and Undertaker there dont seem to be many options. Thats what the youth movement has done for WWE. When you look at the Main Event you have Cena, Orton, Miz, Christian and then the nearly theres...

So my choice would be Big Show. Hes been in the industry as long as i can remember. Has had some success in Hollywood so there may soon come a time when he decides the life on the road isnt for him anymore, hes in good shape but he isnt getting any younger and hasnt been close to the top in a while, i feel the Tag Run helping to put over Mason Ryan could signal the start of the end for his career within WWE. I hope im wrong as hes still entertaining but he seems the obvious next retirement to me

Well going off your list (not counting other), I think reports have said that Mark Henry is set to retire by the end of the year. I don't know how much truth there is to that but going off online reports, I would pick him. That would explain why he's seems to be getting his push as Smackdown's new monster heel which can possibly culminate in a short title reign due to his loyalty to the company.

If I chose other, I think it would be Rey Mysterio. With all the wear and tear his body has gone through and his banged up knees, I can't see him as an in-ring competitor for much longer after next year's Wrestlemania, which I think is one of the reasons Sin Cara was brought in. In order to take Mysterio's place after he leaves.

Everything I'd heard suggested Regal was supposed to retire after the recent UK tour but it didn't happen, possibly because it would have been overshadowed by Edge or maybe because he'll simply fade into a backstage role instead now.

I AGREED WITH MYSTERIO FINALLY LEAVING AFTER WM. ITS LONG OVERDUE. PEOPLE TALK ABOUT HIS "HIGH FLYING ABILITIES"..I HAVENT BEEN IMPRESSED WITH HIM EVER SINCE THE CRUISERWEIGHT DIVISION WAS SHUT DOWN. ALL HE DOES IS JUMP OFF TOP ROPE WITH HANDS IN THE AIR OR SIT ON SOMEONES FACE. REALLY? THATS HIGH FLYING TO YOU? MORRISION AND SIN CARA ARE THE ONLY TRUE HIGH FLYERS IN WWE. PULLING OFF CRAZY COOL LOOKING MOVES LIKE THEY DO IS WHAT ITS ABOUT TO ME.
I THINK KANE SHOULD RETIRE. SIMPLE AS THAT.
HHH AND TAKER ARE GONE AFTER WM TOO. TAKER IS WAY PAST OVERDUE AND I DONT EVEN ENJOY WATCHING HIM IN THE RING ANYMORE. SAME OLD SONG AND DANCE..BORING. HHH I DONT WANT TO LEAVE BUT HE GOT WHAT 3 KIDS NOW AND HE HAS NOTHING LEFT TO DO IN THE RING. WWE COULD REALLY USE HIM BACKSTAGE BOOKING MATCHES AND SEGMENTS AND FINDING NEW TALENT.
THIS IS UNLIKELY BUT I THINK CHRISTIAN SHOULD RETIRE WHILE ONTOP. HELL NEVER BE PUSHED TO WHERE HE IS NOW AGAIN. GO AWAY ON A HIGH NOTE BEFORE FADING TO NOTHING.

There is Triple H who we all know that he will retires in about this 2 next years and be in the backstage stuffs + Big Show who i've noticed that after his last matches he is tooo week maybe he will retires before Kane +Mark Henry who said that he will retires next year + Kane he is old now so he has to go too + Undertaker and we all know that his last match will be on WM 28 + William Regal who i think he has his career in the commentary stuffs + Goldust who i think is going soon + Rey Mysterio who will go maybe after his contract will ends in 2012 and after all his injuries problems

I think alot of these guys will all go around the same time give or take a few months - alot of them have outside interests - will any of them still be in the wwe well Triple H of course , i can see william regal in some sort of form a general manager would be ideal - he was great as the commissioner.And perhaps Rey as a manager

Undertaker, plain and simple. I'm a taker fan, no doubt. But let's face it, Taker is done. After his Wrestlemania victories, he would do his signature pose in the ring, pull his straps down, walk to the stage, look back at the croud, then raises his "victory" fist in the air. This year, the guy couldn't even stand. They had to cart him out. At one point, i seriously thought he was dead, no joke! Like someone said in another thread, it would be nice to see him get 20-0, but if he retired today, i wouldn't be mad. He's given us the best 20 plus years of his life, but to keep his legacy strong, he needs to retire soon. (before he hurts his legacy, or himself) not a diss, i love taker to death!

Everything I'd heard suggested Regal was supposed to retire after the recent UK tour but it didn't happen, possibly because it would have been overshadowed by Edge or maybe because he'll simply fade into a backstage role instead now.

I agree. From written accounts, Regal was supposed to have retired as an active wrestler already, but given the sparse amount of on-air work he's been given, it seems as if he's essentially retired now.

It would be even nicer to think he's been easing into an agent's job during the past year or so. He seems like a cerebral guy (not just because of the character he portrays) and I'll bet he's accumulated a wealth of knowledge about the business that would make him valuable in the front office.

They might as well make it official and give the guy his gold watch.

I AGREED WITH MYSTERIO FINALLY LEAVING AFTER WM. ITS LONG OVERDUE. PEOPLE TALK ABOUT HIS "HIGH FLYING ABILITIES"..I HAVENT BEEN IMPRESSED WITH HIM EVER SINCE THE CRUISERWEIGHT DIVISION WAS SHUT DOWN. ALL HE DOES IS JUMP OFF TOP ROPE WITH HANDS IN THE AIR OR SIT ON SOMEONES FACE. REALLY? THATS HIGH FLYING TO YOU? MORRISION AND SIN CARA ARE THE ONLY TRUE HIGH FLYERS IN WWE. PULLING OFF CRAZY COOL LOOKING MOVES LIKE THEY DO IS WHAT ITS ABOUT TO ME.
I THINK KANE SHOULD RETIRE. SIMPLE AS THAT.
HHH AND TAKER ARE GONE AFTER WM TOO. TAKER IS WAY PAST OVERDUE AND I DONT EVEN ENJOY WATCHING HIM IN THE RING ANYMORE. SAME OLD SONG AND DANCE..BORING. HHH I DONT WANT TO LEAVE BUT HE GOT WHAT 3 KIDS NOW AND HE HAS NOTHING LEFT TO DO IN THE RING. WWE COULD REALLY USE HIM BACKSTAGE BOOKING MATCHES AND SEGMENTS AND FINDING NEW TALENT.
THIS IS UNLIKELY BUT I THINK CHRISTIAN SHOULD RETIRE WHILE ONTOP. HELL NEVER BE PUSHED TO WHERE HE IS NOW AGAIN. GO AWAY ON A HIGH NOTE BEFORE FADING TO NOTHING.

I THINK I SHOULD TYPE IN ALL CAPS SO I FEEL LIKE I AM YELLING AND EVERYONE CAN SEE WHAT I SAY

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, I think that all of them except for Christian will be gone after next Wrestlemania, they all are up in their careers and have had multiple injuries. The only person I can see staying past then is the Big Show since he has not had that major injury that is problematic on and off during his career.

Regal, there has already been alot of talk about him retiring soon, taking that into account I say Regal. True, Mark Henry is supposed to retire around the end of the year and all the guys on this list are going to be done soon but he's going first. He hasnt been doing much of anything and he isnt even supposed to be in ring anymore, it's a shame he has to retire at such a low point. He was never considered one of the best but he has had much higher points in his career, and it's always sad to see someone go out like this.

I think Kane is gearing up to retire soon and his getting a reign as World Champion last year was WWE's way of saying "thank you" to him.

Chris Jericho recently said in an interview that he may not come back to WWE. He still loves wrestling, but he has other things he wants to do. If he comes back, it will be as a part-time wrestler.

William Regal will most likely become a road agent or a manager when his in-ring career ends. WWE isn't really doing anything with him anyway, either.

Goldust is just there for the occasional match and comedy sketch. He could retire and pop up from time to time.

Mark Henry never really did anything big in WWE. If he retired, not too many people would miss him.

The Big Show still has a few good years left in him. As for Christian, he'll play out his contract with WWE, then maybe go back to TNA.

Aside from Jericho and Christian I think most if not all will be retired by next years Wrestlemania. Regal and Goldust are pretty much retired now. They both appear regularly in FCW and occasionally on the main roster mainly putting over younger talent. I put Chavo Guerrero in the same category as them two. He's a great trainer and will probably have a job with WWE for life as an agent or trainer.

Mark Henry, Kane, Big Show will probably retire soon as well. Their size and the injuries they've accumulated over the years are most likely taken a toll on their bodies. I think Henry and Big Show are both close to 40. As far as I know they've both been smart with money and should be set after wrestling. Kane is in his mid to late 40's and from what I've read about him he will be fine after wrestling. He may even have a career in politics sooner than later. The Great Khali probably wont be around much longer either. He can barely move around the ring as it is now. All I know about him outside of wrestling is that he is very popular in India. He'll most likely do well outside of wrestling too.

Rey Mysterio could be around for a couple more years if and it's a big if he stays healthy and works a limited schedule. Triple H is also semi retired right now. I think he may work a limited schedule for another year or two. But I think he's pretty much done as a full time wrestler. He's more focused on his behind the scenes role than being a full time wrestler anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back