Who's book would you like to read?

rayisawesomeness

Pre-Show Stalwart
Post replies talking about which wrestlers/managers/announcers/etc. you would like to write a book and explain why.

1. Paul Heyman - The guy could have a shit load of things to write about. Whether that be in his times during the original and new ECW's, being manager of the Next Big Thing, and his tenure as writer of SmackDown, it would really be an interesting read.

2. The Undertaker - No explanation needed.

3. JBL - I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me on this one, but I think it would be really enthralling to read about his partner Ron "Farooq" Simmons and his thoughts on his matches with guys like Eddie, Rey Rey, Michaels, Cena, and even Batista.

4. The Big Show - I would mainly read this because I want to read about his thoughts on wrestling The Undertaker numerous times and his tenure in the new ECW where he reigned as top dog and surrendered the title to the green Bobby Lashley.

5. CM Punk - It's definitely way too early for him to be writing a book but once his career his all said and done, there are sooooooo many things to read about this man:
- Being straightedge
- Having a dad who was an alcoholic
- His time in ROH
- Nearly wrestling Chris Benoit at Vengeance '07
- Cashing in on Edge
- Feuding with The Undertaker
- List is endless...

Easily Taker's, as long as it's not associated with WWE. He's the one major guy that you flat out don't hear from and given the stories that have leaked out about him, he's a very interesting person behind the scenes. He's been around forever and has seen a lot of people come and go but he's been the one constant in the locker room. Aside from Foley, he's the only guy that I would make sure to go out and read his autobiography.

The Undertaker, without a doubt, would be a book I would have to buy. I'd like to see Glenn Jacobs talk about running through gimmicks until he found one that worked, and then his ride as Kane.

J.R. would be awesome, though I don't think he's the type of guy to write a tell-all memoir when he hangs up the hat. Even so, he'd be sure to write one hell of a good book, and I think he'd write it himself if he was retired when he wrote it, which could only help. (After reading Mick Foley's books which were self-written, and The Rock's which was ghost written, I much prefer the words of the gentleman whose name appears on the book.)

I think a Big Show book would be awesome. He's been in the game, was in WCW for the NWO thing, then jumped to WWE for the end of the Attitude Era and has been rocking it out since. He would have an interesting story at the very least.

Chris Jericho. A guy who many consider to be the penultimate wrestler in the business right now, and a guy who has no problems spelling out the truth, whether people want to hear it or not. Again, so long as Chris wrote the book and not a ghost writer, I think this could be an amazing read.

A true and un-edited wrestling themed book by Triple H could provide an unadulterated look into the backstage production involved wrestling. While many would probably gripe about a Trips book, I think it could be interesting.

And why not the head honcho himself? Vinnie Mac could write a book once he steps down and Shane and Steph are handling the day-to-day. Vince has a unique insight into everything this business has gone through for the past 30 or so years. One book might not be enough for Vince to properly tell his tale, but no matter what, I think if Vince wrote a book, a whole lot of the WWE Universe (and a whole lot of people, period) would be interested in a glimpse into the mind of the King of the Wrestling World.

I read Chris Jerichos A Lions Tale: 1 word:
unbefreakinleivable!
after reading this book I became a hugggee fan of Jericho!
Jericho is an amazing storyteller and a great storyteller in thering

Easily Taker's, as long as it's not associated with WWE. He's the one major guy that you flat out don't hear from and given the stories that have leaked out about him, he's a very interesting person behind the scenes. He's been around forever and has seen a lot of people come and go but he's been the one constant in the locker room. Aside from Foley, he's the only guy that I would make sure to go out and read his autobiography.

totally agree. i was going to say the same thing before i read his post.
A book by the undertaker that is not about the undertaker but about Mark Callaway's backstage experiences throughout his career because most of us know his whole career. he's been threw it all in the business and he's been the top dog for quite some time now so he can say what he wants. tell us whats really going on. teach us how this business works from a legends' point of view.

I absolutely love reading autobiographies of wrestlers. I find them facinating. I've never read one that I didn't like. I'm currently reading Roddy Piper's book and it's fantastic. The stories that this guy has are unbelieveable.

Providing it would be a true story, not held back by the WWE, I would love to read books about:

The Undertaker - I think he would fall on most people's list. He's such a private person and very little is told about him. We all know he is king of the locker room, so people keep their mouths shut when it comes to Taker. I want the dirt.

Paul Heyman - The greatest wrestling mind ever, according to RVDgurl. I would take off of work and sit at home for an entire day to read his book in one sitting. This guy has so many rumors about him, I would love to hear his side of the story about things like the Sandman crucifixion angle, his time in the WWE and if he has any plans to return to the business.

RVD - He is my all time favorite wrestler and his yearly appearances with the WWE are just not cutting it for me. Give me a book to keep me occupied. I want to know absolutely everything.

Raven & Sandman - I'm putting them together because they are usually a package deal. I own 3 or 4 shoot interviews with these guys and they are absolutely ridiculous. I'm not sure if there is anything else they could put on paper that I haven't already heard, but I would like to read it if there is.

What about a book by Triple H we'll title it "I slept my way to the top, the real Triple H story"

it would give details on how he got with the bosses daughter to get ahead in the business, how he doesn't put over younger talent so he can stay a top draw, his role backstage, how he disapproves of others wearing colors close to his.....this list goes on but I'm to tired to keep going

First off TLight- Eight of Trips' reigns were before he was with Steph and he's currently putting over legacy and the Hurricane wears the green and black too...just saying.

Now on topic

Well I'm going with two not listed here...obviously the likes of Undertaketc would be a good read but for making it a bit different here are my two.

Shane O Mac This guy has refereed, he has wrestled, he has worked backstage and he's the son of Vince. This would be a pretty entertaining book and would give an insight on all aspects of the business.

Stevie Richards From his ECW to WCW to WWE days, his feeling on bWo and RTC what he thought after his neck injury and subsequent fall from grace as a jobber. I'd love to read his book.

I've only read Hart's book. pretty good. Those that are out there now i'd like to read jericho's books and foley's.
For someone yet to write I'd have to go with Paul Heyman. He's so outspoken that I think we'd get a fairly honest and hugely entertaining read.
If Jim Ross would write about the things he's been rumored to have seen, I mean write honest accounts that'd be an awesome read.

Chris Jericho. A guy who many consider to be the penultimate wrestler in the business right now, and a guy who has no problems spelling out the truth, whether people want to hear it or not. Again, so long as Chris wrote the book and not a ghost writer, I think this could be an amazing read.

Just so you know, Jericho has a book, it's called "A Lion's Tale: Around the World in Spandex." And it's probably my second favorite behind "Heartbreak and Triumph."

There are tons of books I'd love to read if they were written, as I love wrestling biographies. The most important one I'd like to read would hands down be the Undertaker's. I'd love to read about what goes and has gone on in the locker room from his perspective.

A few others I'd like to see would be Triple H, Jake the Snake, JR's, how about a Vince McMahon autobiography?

It goes without saying that a Mark Callaway autobiography would be awesome. Paul Heyman??? well if you've read the Rise and Fall of ECW you'll know that he struggles to remember the actual facts and slightly embelishes on the truth as other wrestlers stated in that book so while it would be entertaining everything would have to be taken with a large pinch of salt. Vince is the one I would love to read but one from Shane that he releases after a huge family row over who takes over the business ( i'm going with Steph and HHH in this scenario) when Vince finally hangs up would be really explosive.

I'm not sure whether I'd read a book by The Undertaker. It's almost as if part of his character is being so secretive and mysterious, I'd be almost weird to read about his thoughts and feelings about the WWE and life in general.

For me it'd be definitely Vince McMahon - or Stephanie/Shane; any of the McMahon family would be great really. Hearing how Vince actually thinks and feels would be great for any wrestling fan to see.

I have already read Edge's autobiography. I did not in any way expect to enjoy the book or even read the entire thing, but I did! I absolutely loved the story... Edge's life is just so interesting! The stories with him and Christian? Priceless!

I also started to read the Shawn Michaels autobiography. But with school and other endeavors, I never got a chance to finish reading it. Same with the Bret Hart autobiography.

I would LOVE to read The Undertaker's autobiography. I would want to know about his young days, his entry into wrestling, his entry to WWE, the history behind his Wrestlemania streak, his relationship with Michelle McCool among so many other things. The Undertaker's autobiography seems like it would be very good, if you ask me.

Also, I'd love to read Kofi Kingston's autobiography. Growing up in Ghana, becoming WWE's first ever "Jamaican" superstar, how he felt about his United States Championship reign (what I consider the best since the reactivation of the title), how he comes up with his moves, I could go on and on.

Here's one that could be interesting...Teddy Long. Been around a while, referee, manager, GM, Vinnie Mac Ass Kisser :)

Guys that have done a lot of different things, ala Vince, Shane, and Teddy should have some awesome stories to tell. I just stick to my guns about wanting guys to write themselves. Ghostwriters don't work so well for me.

And thanks to the folks who pointed out Jericho's book. I'll have to hunt it down and give it a read. I've been a huge Jericho mark since he "won" the WWF Championship from Trips in State College back in 2001. At the end of RAW, Earl reversed the decision to appease Trips (it was a fast count), and then got "fired." That was a great show live. And that championship belt, live, looked like is was made for Jericho.

One more vote for an Undertaker autobiography. I imagine that all of the stories he'd have to tell would fill two or three books...

Also, I'd like to see books by Randy Savage, Steve Lombardi (jobbing for a living has to have some good stories), Lex Luger, Raven, Dustin Rhodes (the Kyle Petty of wrestling), Jimmy Hart, and Steven Regal. I don't think that all of these would be GREAT books, but I would certainly like to read them.

I don't like reading books that I don't have to read, but I would no doubt buy and read the "Michelle McCool" autobiography.

From her beginnings as a school teacher, to the DS, and finally as a legit member of the WWE roster, I'd love to read it. McCool has a backstage rap(rumors)that she is sort of a bitch, so I'd love to get her perspective on it.

I think she would be candiate on all the divas, and I'd love to read about her relationship with The Undertaker, and her run in's with Natayla & Maryse.

As much interest as I have enjoyed Paul E. since his early days in the AWA, his problems with the "accuracy" of his stories and the fact that he's probably still wanted for felonies in certain jurisdictions makes me wonder if he could tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth in his book.

i actually wouldnt mind reading chavos autobiography telling how it feels to be part of the guerrero family. to jobbing to the midget hornswaggle. how he was once tag-team champion, ecw champion and cruiserweight champion. and job to hornswaggle.
i also wouldnt mind reading ric flairs autobiography. how he had so many backstage feuds, title reigns and how he stayed in the biz for so long

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back