Who would you put on commentary at wm 28?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crswcw

Dark Match Winner
So with the news that Jim Ross is not calling Wrestlemaina 28 What are your thoughts about it and who would you place on commentary and who would place have backstage during interviews?

Now the first thing I would do on tonight raw is have teddy long start off the show and tell Michael Cole he is banned from raw tonight and have him bring in William Regal to do color commentary thus adding to the gm vs gm storyline for Wrestlemania 28. Now having regal doing commentary for raw and then have him come back as a third person in the following weeks until wrestlemania so that it could make seem that he was not just put there at the last minute.

Now at wrestlemania I would place Jerry Lawyer Michael Cole and William regal on commentary at wrestlemania and put Booker T Josh Matthews and Striker as backstage interviewers

So with the news that Jim Ross is not calling Wrestlemaina 28 What are your thoughts about it and who would you place on commentary and who would place have backstage during interviews?

Now the first thing I would do on tonight raw is have teddy long start off the show and tell Michael Cole he is banned from raw tonight and have him bring in William Regal to do color commentary thus adding to the gm vs gm storyline for Wrestlemania 28. Now having regal doing commentary for raw and then have him come back as a third person in the following weeks until wrestlemania so that it could make seem that he was not just put there at the last minute.

Now at wrestlemania I would place Jerry Lawyer Michael Cole and William regal on commentary at wrestlemania and put Booker T Josh Matthews and Striker as backstage interviewers

I love William Regal, but why in the high holy fuck would he get to be the announcer for the biggest show of the year, and not Booker...who has been doing it all year? Why is Booker getting shit-slotted for Regal? Regal will get a backstage skit at WM this year, and be damn content (The British are never happy.)

Now I think obviously if most people had their say t would be good 'ol J.R. doing the play-by-play for the night. I'm no different. Listening back to last year's event, he still hasn't lost it. I can only hope we're all getting swerved majorly about this revelation, but Wrestlemania being dominated by Michael Cole's voice is disheartening.

This is where it gets more difficult. You've got Lawler who's history with J.R. goes back as far as most people care to remember. The have compability and are a proven duo when it comes to the announcing table. But you've also got Booker T. Phrases up the wazoo, mad as anything on the mic but as entertaining as most as the wrestlers are in the ring. He would be my vote for a colour guy if things were different but as it is, it's a bit more risky. The two guys have never worked together before and that may cause issues on the night, and that's the last thing I'd want.

In the end I would probably settle for Lawler because you know what youre getting, and with J.R. out there with King it'll be quite good.

If I had to put a third guy out there for colour or a secondary play-by-play, it'd either be Josh Matthews or Booker T with Regal a distant third. I couldn't stand the unrelated bickering Cole would almost certainly have with J.R. there and I'd much rather have him as the main guy, so he's out for the night. Matt Striker isn't even on the radar.

So J.R., Lawler and the Bookerman/ Matthews.

Vince, Jesse Ventura and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. Anything would be better than Cole and Lawler right now. So distracting from the in ring action.

i would put barney in it would be great seeing a big purple dinosaur as a commentator for wrestlemania... Or you could get fred and have him say DADDY when cena comes out.... Better yet you could get robocop remember how awesome that was?? yea no............ JR King nuff said

JR and King circa 1999 would be awesome, King isn't as good as he was though he is still good. Cole has improved a lot recently.

From the current announcers though I'd say Josh Matthews on PbP, Cole on Heel colour and King on Face colour. If they go for two man I'd vote for Matthews and Cole over Cole and King. (We're gonna get Booker Cole and King most likely - I like Booker but he annoys the hell out of me; SHUCKY DUCKY QUACK QUACK and Fav Five being the exception)

If JR is truely not in it, give me Cole and Booker. They are entertaining together and Booker is the only one who will put Cole in his spot and not let him run all over the other announcers and face wrestlers. King might as well be a stationary object at this point as he is completely uninterested and uninteresting. Id rather watch paint dry. Regal has been good on NXT but he's still got atleast 5 commentatora in front of him. Let Striker go teach a class the guy is corny as hell .

Well, I was hoping for J.R. and Michael Cole (Maybe even Booker T)

But now, I guess Michael Cole, Booker T, and Lawler is the only thing that WWE would put (I don't even know who Booker is with on Smackdown)

Maybe we can get Ron Simmons and Michael Cole...
Cole: "That is vintage Chris Jericho"
Simmons: "DAMN"

For Commentary I would put and love to see JR, King and Booker T. And use Josh Matthews to do Backstage interviews. That way you got a strong announce team. Although Josh Matthews not the strongest backstage interviewer like a (Mean Gene.) He's the best and most frequent out of all of them to do the interviews.

And the reason I don't have Michael Cole up here is b/c you can't spend the whole 3 or 4 hours on the greatest stage of them all, talking about twitter. I clare If I hear Michael Cole talk about Twitter one more time I'ma scream. He's more annoying than Tony Schivonne. But that's another subject for another time.

But my Pick is: JR., King, and Booker T./ Josh Matthews.

Only two matches I really have an opinion either way on the commentary.

I would like to see JR involved in the HHH/Taker match. It could only add to the special match feel, and could even play into the last of a dying breed aspect of it. He could work just that match and just that event, a lot like The Undertaker.

For the CM Punk/Jericho match I'd like to see Mathews as one of the more active commentators. I think commentary could really get in the way of this match. Mathews does a great job calling in ring action but he's not as much of a character as the other guys. His style, or lack there of, would be a solid fit for the match I expect Punk/Jericho to put on.

There is no other 3 man team that could announce WM like JR, Cole, & King... JR has your technical points, Cole & King are your face/heel people... without JR Id rather hear the Spanish announce team even though I wont have any clue what they're saying... lol....

but if it came down to it, if you want the same kind of formula for announcing, I would have to go with Cole, King, & Stryker... for a lil more of a comedic style, trade Stryker for Booker T

I don't hate Cole as much as I hate Lawler. The Heel/Face commentary duo of Cole/Lawler sucks balls. I think Cole would be MUCH better if he had JR on his side.

JR/Cole duo would be best for the company. Lawler needs to retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back