Who would you like to see cover what song?

Richard

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Over time we've seen bands, singers, rappers cover many, many songs. Some of them have been good, some of them have been bad. Sometimes we wonder why bands cover certain songs. I've heard people give ideas as to who should cover what song.

So in this thread, I ask you this:

Who/What band would you like to see cover what song/s and why do you think they should cover it? Do they have a particular sound that would be good for the song? Do they have similarities between the original artist?

Also, no listing bands and songs. Please explain.

It's no secret that my two all-time favorite bands are Godsmack and In This Moment.

Godsmack is a great hard rock band, and has covered bands like Judas Priest and Led Zeppelin well. I'd like to see them cover some songs like War Pigs, Would?, and I Alone. The band could definitely pull off a Black Sabbath cover, and I like how Sully handled Sweet Leaf vocally. They've always been compared to Alice In Chains, so they would definitely be able to cover one of their songs well. "I Alone" is my favorite Live song, and it would be interesting to see if they could do a more pop/radio rock song. Sully's voice would be great to cover the vocals, and the band could defiinitely do great with the music.

I'm not going to start covering why I love In This Moment, as I've said it everywhere on these forums. They've already done a Slayer cover, as well as a Pantera cover. I want to see them cover something by Megadeth. Any song. They toured with them, and a number of magazines said it was one of their best shows they've done. The band could easily play anything Mustaine wrote, and Maria's vocals would add some range to the lyrics.

Alright, I suppose I should get around to giving my opinion.

Marilyn Manson seems to like covering songs as he has covered quite a few such as Tainted Love, Sweet Dreams, This is Halloween and Personal Jesus and whenever he does cover songs, they are always very notable and he does a decent job covering songs and I think I'd like to see him do a cover of 'Rock the Casbah'. I think that his voice would suit the song very well and it could be fairly good, either that or 'Friday I'm In Love' I think could be good with the Marilyn Manson twist.

Also another cover I think I'd be interested to see would be Blink 182 covering the song, Johnny B Goode. I think Blink 182 would be able to give it that upbeat, fast, pop punk sound that would be able to make it a really good one. It's one of my faveourite 'oldie' songs and I think Blink 182 would definately be able to give it a new life.

Also another cover I think I'd be interested to see would be Blink 182 covering the song, Johnny B Goode. I think Blink 182 would be able to give it that upbeat, fast, pop punk sound that would be able to make it a really good one. It's one of my faveourite 'oldie' songs and I think Blink 182 would definately be able to give it a new life.
But Richard, it's actually semi hard to play that on guitar, and we all know Tom Delonge can't play guitar at all. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Dream Theater cover a lot of songs, as well as their own stuff, and I would like to see them cover two songs: Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin and Eruption by Van Halen. Two iconic guitar songs, and John Petruci is a very good guitarist. I think he would have no trouble at all playing either of these songs. And in my mind James Labrie's voice would suit a Led Zeppelin song very well. I would also like to see them cover some Metallica songs, such as One or Fade To Black, and I know they could pull them off because they've covered Metallica songs in the past, such as Master Of Puppets.

cascada with the song obsession she is so cool or velvet that lady is so hot same as cascada

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back