Who Will Stop Watching After Mania?

rockyrocky11

Occasional Pre-Show
To start I would just like to say that this is not a thread with hate towards any superstar, rather the WWE overall. The wrestling product has gotten so bad, that after wrestlemania I am done with WWE (at least tuning in every week). The product has become so bad, it's quite frankly unwatchable. The only reason I am still tuning in is to see The Rock in one more match.

This summer was the first time in a long, long time that I have actually cared about wrestling, and wanted to see what would happen. The Punk/conspiracy angle had such a great build, and I was actually excited about wrestling again. Well that angle is completely dead...What happened to Punk making the championship fun again?? Whether it's the WWE or Him he's now just another generic boring face.

As much shit as attitude era fans get for being biased, the superstars from that era are the only reason I (and unfortunately for the company I'm sure a main reason any casual fan still watches) still watch, and they are falling quickly. The Rock, Big Show, Henry, Kane, Taker, HHH, and Jericho all have very limited time left, and are really the only life the WWE has. When you take them off the show I don't think there is really any interest for the casual fan. No person that makes the crowd go crazy, or anyone who looks huge and wrestles great (Mason Ryan Look with ability).

The wrestling Biz is no longer superstars who are "larger than life," almost every face and heel look and act the same way. I realize we are in a "reality era," but the WWE is getting away from what made it so great. Having amazing storylines with THE ENTIRE roster. Some of the best feuds back in the day were midcards and tag teams. Even divas matches/feuds go big attention. Now people that should be midcard and would be lucky to hold the Intercontinetal Title (after several years) are Champions (Daniel Bryan, Swagger, Ziggler). I don't care about how they are "pure" wrestlers or any of that. The E in WWE stands for entertainment, not for being technical and Boring as shit.

Now there are maybe 4 storylines and no tag team division. Take a look at Sheamus. He's on TV every week, has a great look and ability but the WWE does NOTHING with him. Does he even have a storyline right now?

As mentioned before this is not picking on one superstar or storyline, but the entire product has become awful. I honestly feel no effort is being put into storylines anymore. The Jericho video promos we saw for weeks was more thought out, and way more exciting than anything we've seen on tv in the past year (minus punk promo/rock return).

Every week and PPV I find myself saying the product can't get worse, yet somehow it does. I'm finally to the point where I am going to keep watching till mania, but after that in words that John Cena will never speak "I QUIT"

Am I the only one that's given up on wrestling, and do you see the product getting any better?

Also a message to anyone loving Raw right now with the hot potato title, and tiny guys with the belts you're witnessing the death of the WWE. That's not a stab at Punk, he deserves to be champ, but guys like Bryan, Swagger, and Del Rio have absolutely no crowd appeal, which is everything when it comes to the WWE.

There's something to be said for a 2 hour show when you could watch the first and last 10 minutes of Raw and not miss literally ANYTHING important.

I dont think I'm going to stop watching after WM. Take a look right now. You have a great potential card with Jericho, Taker, Punk, Triple H and many more talented stars yet to have matches.

But I think you are stirring to the biased side a bit. There is no way the WWE could replicate the Attitude Era. END OF STORY. They have a totally different product right now and are going for a totally different demographic.

Though you mentioned many of WWE's weaknesses, you failed to touch on many of their current strengths. Like their ability to draw you into return like Y2J and Rock and their ability to build young stars like Sheamus, Barrett, Rhodes, and Ziggler.

I along with many others will tell you that the attitude era was fantastic, but it cannot be done again. They don't have the same superstars, the same fans tuning in everyweek since they have kids, and frankly no one except people on websites like this are begging for the attitude era back.

I agree with you. These storylines are just plain boring & they NEED to be re-vamped. Its just I dont see the WWE doing that anytime in the near future. And what was the bigges name in the WWE, John Cena, is stuck. Can't turn him heel- people will hate him. Can't leave him- thats boring. You can't do anything...and with Kane being back to the 'big red monster' its like they're trying to bring back the AttitudeEra wich just DOESN"T WORK in this day n age. and DANIEL BRYAN...OF ALL PEOPLE... now is the World Heavyweight Champ?? Your kidding me right?!!? We need new faces in the WWE. I think thats what they're trying to do with bringing back Jericho...at least thats what I hope.

BUT, with all of this being said, im still going to tune in every week, because I do believe that it CAN get better. weather it will...well thats up to Vince McMahon, and I highly dought he's going to let his business plummit down hill..

I agree but I couldnt stop watching I dont think. I have stopped watching a few times but I have so much more appreciation for the sport now but I see exactly what you mean. Maybe I will stop watching but with the network coming and all of the growth happening lately with twitter and everything, I'd like to think that sooner or later everything will fall into place. I think its way better now than it was a few years ago thats for sure. The attitude era had its bad times too but I was a kid and didn't know better. I feel like they can have their slumps but the product will never fail. Maybe we are due for another great era after the network launches.

I think the crowd has just as big of an impact. The crowd is always dead minus a few hotspots like Chicago and New York. It takes away a lot when the crowd doesn't give a shit.

If you aren't enjoying the product then it's best you stop watching. So many people act as though they are making some sort of sacrifice by watching WWE. It's just a tv show. If you like the show then watch it. If you don't like it then don't watch it. It's as simple as that. I will continue to watch because it's been a part of my life for 25 years and while I don't enjoy it quite as much as I did in the past I do still enjoy it. I commit two hours to WWE every Monday night and have for years. It's just routine. I usually record Smackdown and watch it in pieces throughout the weekend. Once a month I head to the bar with some friends and we have a good time hanging out and watching the ppv. It's not like this is a chore. It's what we do to occupy ourselves during our free time. I still think it's better than most things on tv and it's not like I'm in the habit of going out on Monday nights. If you have something better to do for two hours on a Monday good for you. I'm sticking with Raw.

I'm 24 and have watched wrestling ever since I can remember. Pretty much the last 5 years I check in every couple months, but I return watch the Rumble threw Mania then I'm done. I got other things going on and honestly wrestling isn't half as good as it used to be. Plus you used to have a lot of people talk about it during the monday night wars, now if you actually find a a normal person that watches wrestling, it like DAMN!

Forget what everybody negative is saying man. I feel EXACTLY how you feel. There's no more goofy or weird characters. Everyone's the same. I call them all clones. Everyone has the trunks pads and boots. Nobody has funky costumes, or cool gimmicks, or really hype promos. It's basically i beat you, you beat me, fight at the ppv, end of feud. It's not personal. I hate it. I won't quit after Mania, though. No matter how hard I try to quit watching wrestling, I simply can't. I'll love, and probably watch it till the day I die. I will always love wrestling and WWE/F regardless. I just really don't like the direction it's heading in. This kid-friendly,no storyline, twitter-based, clone fest, 5 moves of doom, announcers burying talent to no end, barbie doll divas, no true tag team division, boring the hell out of all the fans product!!!

No offense, but even though things are looking up for the WWE Right now, if you were a real fan then you wouldn't stop watching just because it gets boring, hell I'm one of the survivors of the 2003-2005 WWE Product Which was practically run by Evolution, but what i'm getting at here is that if you were really committed to the product, then you wouldn't say "Meh i'm gonna stop watching" And you would watch through the thick and thin until things get better. Already this year(Last Year, but you catch my drift) Dolph Ziggler won the WHC, Cody Rhodes is slowly rejuvenating the IC Title, & things are slowly (Very slowly) Starting to look up for the Tag Team division, oh and not to mention that The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment wrestled this year.

REALLY? REALLY? REALLY? As long as the WWE exists, it will alsways have an audience.

Case closed.

No shit?
That's not even close to a valid arguement. Nor is it anything. Of course they'll always have an audience if it exists. Even the weird ass shows on syfy are on tv because they have an audience.

The man isn't asking everyone to stop watching, or kill the wwe or any of that matter. He's simply asking the fucking title of the thread. WHO WILL STOP WATCHING AFTER WRESTLEMANIA. So I ask you.......REALLY?

To the op's topic. You make excellent points. The product is so bland. Everything runs together and they don't put shit into 97% of the storylines. I have watched WWF/e since I can remember. I have a love for wrestling. But with the product wwe has now, it's almost as if they're asking their older fans to turn away. The obviously focus on children and with all this twitter, michael cole, and zack ryder bullshit, it's almost a certainty I will stop tuning in for the most part. I will still record Raw, hoping to see guys like taker and rock and jericho, but smackdown will pretty much be forgotten about in my book. I'm not knocking any of you, and some of you piss and moan about stop watching. The man simply asked us a question and we all give our opinions and answers. I'm sure alot of you people hate your job, or boss? I'm not going to tell you to quit. So.... there ya go.

I stopped watching for a couple of years and I was drawn back into it. Unfortunately, I missed out on most of my favorite of all time, Undertaker's last title reign. Mania 26 brought me back with the HBK Taker match. And it seems like since then, it's all gone downhill.

My example. Zack Ryder would probably get a louder pop nowdays than the Undertaker drawing power from Paul Bearer and the urn. I know the little kiddies and stuff love the guy and his lazy eye. But it's so ridiculous now. Cena will never stop being super cena i love the kids i never give up. Daniel Bryan will never be anything but a good in ring technician, and if they don't make any changes, the creative team and vince will continue to fuck things up.

It's sad, but yes the attitude era is over. The fucking muppets were on raw. Jesus lord. Go watch a stone cold entrance from a 98 raw and watch the loudest pop guys get today. Not even close. Men women and children went nuts for austin. Now, women and kids love cena. Guys hate him. It's such bullshit how it's become. WTF.

Btw, did you see the two kids chanting cena sucks at Raw?? Classic!!!:worship:

My favorite part about this forum is the part where it says storylines currently in WWE? What storylines?? Right now there is no storyline?

Punk should be feuding with someone for the world title. Who is ryder feuding with for the us title? Where the hell is Air Boom?. I can see Cena and Kane feuding. Where is HHH? What is the main mid-card feud?

WHERE ARE THE STORYLINES??? It's likes everything is being written on a week to week basis and just saying...ok lets hope for the best..

I don't think I'll stop watching wrestling after WM...but in my 22 years of watching this..I can honestly say its finally getting to me a little bit.

For the record, I though the Jericho thing was very sloppy and downright stupid last night.

Lastly Michael Cole needs to stop doing what he's doing. He needs to start putting face superstars over. Jim Ross did it back in his day and look what happened.

I will definitely, not stop watching the product after WM. What do you think's going to happen after then, they won't utilize anyone young, and push them for world title's thus creating amazing storylines, with great talent. Do you think they'll just stop and do everything awful. Not with guys like Dolph, Rhodes etc. Plus we still have the great (as much as you are going to hate me for saying this) Cena, who can do a good feud with newcomers, take a look at Barrett, I thought it was interesting. CM Punk has become very relevant in the WWE hierarchy, and now Daniel Bryan is up there. WWE is starting to pick itself up a bit, and WM will be the start of a better WWE I reckon.

For me, it all depends on how the product is following. I stopped watching WWE back in 07', and came back to watching it in the summer after the Punk promo. I even bought Money in the Bank.

I agree completely with you. Right now, CM Punk is interesting, we have a heel GM, Jericho is back, Masked Kane is back, Cena isn't in a title picture, the Rock is relevant, and HHH and the Undertaker will be back soon. It's a good time to get back into the product. Hopefully it can last until and after Wrestlemania.

Though, I absolutely agree that the only times you need to watch RAW are the opening segment, the 10:00 segment (unless it's a match), and the ending. I skip all matches and the diva minute.

I don't plan when to quit watching, it just happens until I get re interested.

This week wasn't that bad, and RAWs or Smackdowns surprise me once in a while, so I still watch the product, but I do put off watching them a few days on DVR, which will progress to not watching for weeks, which will progress to not watching for months/years.

Mania is putting a little too much emphasis on Rock Cena, and I think it has a good chance to shape the next decade based on how much they can push their young or new stars. The youth movement these forums cried for is here, and now is being cried against. The product these last couple weeks has been perfectly watchable.

O.K..... Yes WWE isnt at the same place they were in the attitude era, but cmon you cant continue something forever. And I can tell your deffinently to much on the the older wrestlers... when you should be looking at the future. Yes some of the things in WWE might be bad right now, BUT, In my opinion, WWE is soon coming into what is going to be an AWESOME new generation. While you have guys like Jericho, HHH, Taker, Big Show, etc. then yes, use them, but soon in a few years, we will be in the next genereation of WWE. Ziggler, Rhodes, Bryan, Barrett, Ryder, Punk, Miz, Truth, Sheamus are ALL reasons why WWE is only going to get better. WWE is on a transitioning point right now, this will soon pay off with the next generation. The way I see it, WWE is going into some great years

I grew up in the Attitude Era and WWE is not what it used to be, to me. Even though my favorite childhood wrestlers have left, I have not stopped watching WWE. I personally like to see the new up and coming talent now. Will WWE ever be how it was in the Attitude Era? Maybe not, but it's still entertainment. Just not as entertaining when I was little.

2003 -2005 was great. It was WWE greatest period for WWE after the Attitude Era. HHH ,Randy Orton,Kane,Edge,Chris Jericho etc on RAW and Brock Lesnar,Kurt Angle,JBL,Undertaker,Rey Mysterio,etc on Smackdown made for great TV.The product started going downhill in 2007 and it went completely downhill when WWE started their Youth Revolution. They replaced 90% of their Established talent with boring and green young guys which is why many people lost intrest . So in 2011 they have to bring those guys back (Rock,HHH,Undertaker,etc) for PPV buys etc. But now since they started to push guys like Punk,Bryan,Ryder to the main-event the product has been really unwatchable. Mark Henry's title reign was great but they took the belt of him and gave it to Daniel Bryan who is completely bland and boring.O nly good things about WWE right now Rock,HHH,Kane and now Chris Jericho. Other than that all things are pretty mediocre and shit.

So basically what your saying is, that nobody wants to see new talent and everyone wants to see (With all due respect to these guys) Middle-Aged athletes bumbling around the ring? You can't have people like Triple H and The Undertaker around forever you know. As a matter of fact at one point in time Triple H and Undertaker were Green young guys, but they worked up the ladder to get to where they are today. Main-Eventers don't happen instantly, they gain momentum overtime. So as much as you don't want to admit it, The 'Tude Era guys arent going to be around in the next 10 years, but people like Ziggler, Punk and Daniel Bryan will.

I believe that most of those who are saying they dislike the current product and will stop watching, etc, are people who grew up with the WWE and have now found themselves caught in a transitional period.

Back when you were a rabid fan, loving everything they did (I'm assuming Attitude Era), I was in my Mid 20's, with a family, young children and didn't find the product entertaining or appropriate for my kids to witness. There's nothing wrong with that, it just wasn't what I liked at the time. I grew up with Wrestlemania I being a huge deal, I grew up with Hogan, Piper, Junkyard Dog, George The Animal Steele, Macho Man, Ricky Steamboat, et. al. and I would argue that I had the best version of the product when I was growing up.

You would dispute that, you long for the Attitude Era. The same era that drove me away from it. I had no problem with that, it wasn't my flavor. But the thing is, I was willing to accept that fact. They were doing things I didn't agree with at the time. I love the Rock and Austin, and the rest, but I didn't care for the show. I was able to realize it, and move on. I only recently tuned back into WWE, about 3 or 4 years ago. They mellowed out with the language and story lines, and it's more appropriate for my kids to watch.

BTW: My kids love it. We watch every RAW and Smackdown and many PPV's together. It's fun, they get a huge kick out of it (only one of the three likes Cena) and we share some time together. It's closer to the 1980's product I grew up with. It's silly, it's stupid and it's fun. And, I pay for the tickets, PPV's, T-shirts, toys, etc, so the WWE loves me. If my kids enjoy it, I'll get it for them.

All of you hating it right now, maybe you just need to take a break. Wait a few years and come back. We'll all be here, hell, you might even pass me leaving on your way back in. It's all good.

No shit?
That's not even close to a valid arguement. Nor is it anything. Of course they'll always have an audience if it exists. Even the weird ass shows on syfy are on tv because they have an audience.

The man isn't asking everyone to stop watching, or kill the wwe or any of that matter. He's simply asking the fucking title of the thread. WHO WILL STOP WATCHING AFTER WRESTLEMANIA. So I ask you.......REALLY?

To the op's topic. You make excellent points. The product is so bland. Everything runs together and they don't put shit into 97% of the storylines. I have watched WWF/e since I can remember. I have a love for wrestling. But with the product wwe has now, it's almost as if they're asking their older fans to turn away. The obviously focus on children and with all this twitter, michael cole, and zack ryder bullshit, it's almost a certainty I will stop tuning in for the most part. I will still record Raw, hoping to see guys like taker and rock and jericho, but smackdown will pretty much be forgotten about in my book. I'm not knocking any of you, and some of you piss and moan about stop watching. The man simply asked us a question and we all give our opinions and answers. I'm sure alot of you people hate your job, or boss? I'm not going to tell you to quit. So.... there ya go.

I stopped watching for a couple of years and I was drawn back into it. Unfortunately, I missed out on most of my favorite of all time, Undertaker's last title reign. Mania 26 brought me back with the HBK Taker match. And it seems like since then, it's all gone downhill.

My example. Zack Ryder would probably get a louder pop nowdays than the Undertaker drawing power from Paul Bearer and the urn. I know the little kiddies and stuff love the guy and his lazy eye. But it's so ridiculous now. Cena will never stop being super cena i love the kids i never give up. Daniel Bryan will never be anything but a good in ring technician, and if they don't make any changes, the creative team and vince will continue to fuck things up.

It's sad, but yes the attitude era is over. The fucking muppets were on raw. Jesus lord. Go watch a stone cold entrance from a 98 raw and watch the loudest pop guys get today. Not even close. Men women and children went nuts for austin. Now, women and kids love cena. Guys hate him. It's such bullshit how it's become. WTF.

Btw, did you see the two kids chanting cena sucks at Raw?? Classic!!!:worship:

I have said this to allot of wrestling fans, the standards the WWF/E have made since the late 80s and 1990's all the way up to 2005, was perhaps one of the company's great golden generations. We all know the list of wrestlers it was brilliant. We can go from the hogan warrior era, to the attitude era, even the ruthless aggression era. It is like a sports team, when you have built such a great side, there will be some terrible years as the roster is rebuilt because the great players are past their prime.

The quality of not just the wrestlers and their wrestling ability, but the personality's and the gimmicks it is very hard to match. Esp in an era where the business is scrutinised like never before, with internet exposer, the company going public and fans who have gone a little to smart who cannot enjoy some angles of wrestling of what they are, it is very hard to please allot of wrestling fans, especially the one's on the internet. I have got over wrestling, even I know it will never be the company what it was, but hey I have enjoyed the WWE the past few months. Some PPL got to realise the great ride is over, the WWE sometimes provides me with that once great ride but not like relentless killing machine where we were given great show after show after show, where it was so addictive it was like a drug

Yeah I know all of the guys were green at first but the talent WWE has right now which is mainly from FCW or ROH are pretty mediocre leaving a few. FCW guys aren't ready to be on TV and ROH guys are all the same Punk,Bryan,Seth Rollins etc. Mid-card talent at best not main-event caliber talent WWE had before. Brock Lesnar,Randy Orton,Batista,John Cena etc all were brought from OVW as new guys but still they had the personality to attract viewers.

When Cena and Orton debuted, I thought that they were cookie-cutter "Rookies" But then over time when they developed their own personality's and gimmicks (Ortons "Legend Killer" And Cenas "Word-Life") Is when I actually became interested, Kind of like one of your examples The Rock. Remember Rocky Maivia? When he debuted he was just some guy who was related to Rocky Johnson and that's all that I knew or really even cared for about him. But then when he joined the NOD And became the egotistical, self-centered "The Rock" I loved tuning in to see him. Your career is what you make of it, there are i do agree some guys who are bland and vanilla, but then there are some guys down from FCW and ROH who can entertain me for hours. And don't blame a mans entertainment value over what they show on TV, its not in their hands its in creatives hands who honestly, can come up with some of the stupidest ideas sometimes. 1 Example of that is Colt Cabana, who is a ROH Alumni and one of the most entertaining people in the sport. But when WWE Signed him in 2008 They didn't let the true Colt Cabana shine and instead gave him a Jewish "Scotty Goldman" Gimmick, and as fate would have it he was released shortly after his debut and left without making even a mediocre impression on the fans, but if he had his way then I bet that he would of let the true Colt Cabana shine and not "Scotty Goldman".

To start I would just like to say that this is not a thread with hate towards any superstar, rather the WWE overall. The wrestling product has gotten so bad, that after wrestlemania I am done with WWE (at least tuning in every week). The product has become so bad, it's quite frankly unwatchable. The only reason I am still tuning in is to see The Rock in one more match.

This summer was the first time in a long, long time that I have actually cared about wrestling, and wanted to see what would happen. The Punk/conspiracy angle had such a great build, and I was actually excited about wrestling again. Well that angle is completely dead...What happened to Punk making the championship fun again?? Whether it's the WWE or Him he's now just another generic boring face.

As much shit as attitude era fans get for being biased, the superstars from that era are the only reason I (and unfortunately for the company I'm sure a main reason any casual fan still watches) still watch, and they are falling quickly. The Rock, Big Show, Henry, Kane, Taker, HHH, and Jericho all have very limited time left, and are really the only life the WWE has. When you take them off the show I don't think there is really any interest for the casual fan. No person that makes the crowd go crazy, or anyone who looks huge and wrestles great (Mason Ryan Look with ability).

The wrestling Biz is no longer superstars who are "larger than life," almost every face and heel look and act the same way. I realize we are in a "reality era," but the WWE is getting away from what made it so great. Having amazing storylines with THE ENTIRE roster. Some of the best feuds back in the day were midcards and tag teams. Even divas matches/feuds go big attention. Now people that should be midcard and would be lucky to hold the Intercontinetal Title (after several years) are Champions (Daniel Bryan, Swagger, Ziggler). I don't care about how they are "pure" wrestlers or any of that. The E in WWE stands for entertainment, not for being technical and Boring as shit.

Now there are maybe 4 storylines and no tag team division. Take a look at Sheamus. He's on TV every week, has a great look and ability but the WWE does NOTHING with him. Does he even have a storyline right now?

As mentioned before this is not picking on one superstar or storyline, but the entire product has become awful. I honestly feel no effort is being put into storylines anymore. The Jericho video promos we saw for weeks was more thought out, and way more exciting than anything we've seen on tv in the past year (minus punk promo/rock return).

Every week and PPV I find myself saying the product can't get worse, yet somehow it does. I'm finally to the point where I am going to keep watching till mania, but after that in words that John Cena will never speak "I QUIT"

Am I the only one that's given up on wrestling, and do you see the product getting any better?

Also a message to anyone loving Raw right now with the hot potato title, and tiny guys with the belts you're witnessing the death of the WWE. That's not a stab at Punk, he deserves to be champ, but guys like Bryan, Swagger, and Del Rio have absolutely no crowd appeal, which is everything when it comes to the WWE.

There's something to be said for a 2 hour show when you could watch the first and last 10 minutes of Raw and not miss literally ANYTHING important.

Completely agree with everything you have said.

What the hell happened to the whole story involving Punk/Triple H/Kevin Nash/Laryingitus/Miz/R-Truth? That whole thing seemed to be building up nicely, but for weeks they did almost nothing with it, then it all fizzled out completely. This happens with so many storylines that i do not get excited about ANYTHING on WWE tv anymore. Why would i bother? As soon as you get excited about any storylines or matches, you are on the path to massive dissapointment. WWE has become one big 1/2/12 return! They put so much effort into making you think something really great is going to happen, then........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate that there no longer seems to be a mid-card level like there used to be. As an attitude era fan, i long for they days when we had an abundance of brilliantly entertaining superstars in the mid card such as Jeff Jarret, Owen Heart, The Godfather, William Regal, Al Snow, Big Bossman, Gangrel, Goldust, Rhyno, Steve Blackman, Ken Shamrock, Val Venis, D-Lo Brown, Hardcore Holly, Marc Mero, Viscera, Rikishi, X-Pac, Test, Albert, Dan Severn, RVD, Raven, Tazz, Tajiri (remember the "tarantula"? lol).
Some of you reading this may not think any of these guys are all that great, but compare these guys to the guys in the mid-card today. Just doesnt match up.
I could say the same for the tag team division. The lack thereof is leaving a lot of guys on the roster with nothing to do when they could put together several great tag teams.

The biggest problem today is the writing. I feel, NAY, DEMAND! that the entire writing team should be fired because they are FUCKING TERRIBLE AT THEIR JOB!!!!!!
Before anyone chimes in, i am aware that the WWE wont fire the creative team just because i demand it. I know how bitchy some of you get lol.

To be honest, i dont even watch WWE properly anymore. I just have it on in the background, doing other things until CM Punk or Triple H appear (my personal favourites). Thats how bored i am by the rest of the product. I only have it on in the background because i so desperately want it to grab my attention and entertain me like i used to. It never does.

Im going to finish by going out on a limb and stating that i believe they are trying to put WWE out of business for some strange reason. Its the only way i can explain WHY THEY SEEM TO BE DELIBERATELY MAKING TERRIBLE TELEVISION SO THAT WE ALL EVENTUALLY STOP WATCHING.
Its far out i know, but it would explain a lot.

I agree with you. These storylines are just plain boring & they NEED to be re-vamped. Its just I dont see the WWE doing that anytime in the near future. And what was the bigges name in the WWE, John Cena, is stuck. Can't turn him heel- people will hate him. Can't leave him- thats boring. You can't do anything...and with Kane being back to the 'big red monster' its like they're trying to bring back the AttitudeEra wich just DOESN"T WORK in this day n age. and DANIEL BRYAN...OF ALL PEOPLE... now is the World Heavyweight Champ?? Your kidding me right?!!? We need new faces in the WWE. I think thats what they're trying to do with bringing back Jericho...at least thats what I hope.

BUT, with all of this being said, im still going to tune in every week, because I do believe that it CAN get better. weather it will...well thats up to Vince McMahon, and I highly dought he's going to let his business plummit down hill..

No one seemed to have had a problem with the undertaker being the deadman even throughout the PG era taker has and still is deadman, kane becoming classic kane was well overdue since 2006 in my book. And kane is a symbol of what should be done in the WWE, more wrestlers having more gimmicks that put entertainment back into wrestling, but it is very hard to find a right gimmick that can stick long term. Kane being masked kane does not mean its a return of the attitude era, it is kane going back to his routes to freshen up his character, and becoming truly scary again.

I think that when people disrespect technical wrestling, they forget guys like Bret Hart or Jericho. Granted, those two have more charisma than what Bryan, Swagger, and Ziggler have shown so far, but I don't think they started off with people eating out of their hands... Anyways, I'm gonna keep watching cause it's something fun to watch. Even though the angles get dropped, they find a way to sneak one in that I can watch until they actually pull out a mega one like what led to Punk turning face.

I started watching wrestling when i was 4 and now 31 years later i'm still watching. I've gone through the end of the Backlund into the beginning of Hulkamania. I watched the WWF go from a territory to a global empire. I've seen some of the best matches of all time and some of the worst. Great gimmicks, stupid characters and all.
In all my years of watching, the years since the WCW acquisition things have gotten progressively worse.
There is no viable competition. There is no reason for Vince and Co to put out real quality because theirs no one to compete with. There's no one to "borrow" ideas from. There isn't another wrestling company out there big enough to make Vince sweat so he can put out whatever he wants to cater to whomever he wants.

The thing is, wrestling just like the rest of the world will evolve but until TNA, ROH or any other promotion turns into a global jaggurnaut we'll end up watching whatever they come up with unless we stop all together. I've already stopped watching TNA...(its ridiculous.) I stopped taping smackdown...I just read the spoilers.

RAW...probably won't stop watching. I'm engrained into it. Its just part of my life so it is what it is...Like the Boston Celtics, no matter what their record is, through good and bad, I'm a fan. Hopefully, another wrestling promotion will provide viable competition. Hopefully something will spark them into creating a better product. No matter what happens, i'll be watching.

AM I gonna stop watching wrestling after Mania? No. It would take a combination of most of Raw and Smackdown becoming boring and something as bad as Katie Vick to make me at least stop watching WWE. With neither happening any time soon, I'll be okay with what WWE throws at us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back