• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who was the best ever???

Who was the Greatest of all time???

• Hulk Hogan

• Ric Flair

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RicoLen: At least Ric Flair doesn't have himself pictured next to his naked daughter, or rubs baby oil onto her a**. Would you say Lou Thesz spoiled his legacy by wrestling when he was mid 70's?

You know what? I'm a dad myself of an 8 year old girl... and as a father, you never stop thinking of your daughter as just a little girl. Terry changed Brooke's diapers. Did you ever watch that show or just the clip? He's about as clueless as Ozzy Osbourne.

I don't for one second think he did anything except make a move that other people thought was bad. Yeah, watching it, it looks bad, and listening to it, what he said to his son while he was in jail sounded bad too. It was terrible press, but he was simply trying in his own awkward naive way to be a good dad.

As for the Lou Thesz, Ric Flair comparison, you know what? I don't think Lou Thesz would get away with it without criticism these days. I get what you're saying though. He probably hasn't spoiled his legacy, but ugh, it's ridiculous.

Oh and btw you're talking about a country where watching 2 people play StarCraft is like us watching the NFL here.

When you ask anyone who the best ever is the first 3 names are always Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, and The Rock. They are the top 3 ever... FACT. These 3 are above and beyond everyone else. No one can reach these mens levels of success.

Then you have Ric flair, Cena, Bret hart, Kurt angle, Andre, piper, benoit, HHH, shawn micheals, undertaker, sting, goldberg....basically every other main eventer that ever lived. These men come close to the big 3 but they just could not quite make it. They will never reach the popularity or success the big 3 have.

I dont care if ric flair could wrestle amazing matches 30 years ago in the 80's. Fact is barely anyone knows who the fucking guy is. Everyone knows who hulk hogan is despite his average ring skills.

When it comes down to the choice between the two I would definitely have to say Hulk Hogan when you look at all the overall factors.

There is one point I definitely disagree with though with your post. The Undertaker being that he never came close. When he was wrestling full-time I definitely think he was one of the main reasons WWE had the success they did and one of the main reasons people tuned in to watch 1995-now. You really cannot say he did not come close. Even though he is not wrestling full time and this will probably be his last run when he does make his return to probably his last match at Mania, he almost single-handedly carried the company on his back (some could say with help from Austin) between 1995 and 2002. He is probably the most popular superstar in WWE history behind Hulk Hogan, The Rock, and Stone Cold.

Ric Flair!

such a hard decision but my pick is flair! he's groomed so many present superstars and his legacy lives within them! i cant really recall hogan takin anyone under his wing like flair has. im sure there someone who can pin point a wrestler he nurtured but im drawing a blank. For that reason alone makes me pick Flair!

Hogan and it's not even close. Flair is better in the ring, no questions asked, but Hogan beats him at everything else. Who was the top face longer than anyone? Hogan in his american hero persona. Who had the ultimate heel turn? Hogan when he created the nWo. Who is THE mainstream guy that everyone associates with wrestling? Hulk Hogan. He also has superior mic skills. Flair may be better in the ring and held a few more titles, but he will never be better than Hogan because he was the one that set the standard for every wrestler who came after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back