Who Should Challenge Randy Orton for The World Heavyweight Title

I want to see a big match for the World title at SummerSlam..

We've seen Christian/Orton too many times now, but they work soo well in the ring together, I don't mind seeing them in some sort of gimmick match, erm.. lets say a ladder match?

Sheamus - We have seen him and Orton a lot last year on Raw, I really don't want to see this right now..

Wade Barrett - We have also seen this match take place quite a lot late last year on Raw..

Cody Rhodes - Looks to be getting back into tag team wrestling, also not ready for the world title picture IMO..

So I guess that leave Christian!

My instant thought is that Sheamus will possibly miss the next few weeks due to the ramifications of the punt, while Christian has what will probably be dubbed his "last chance" in a gimmick match of some kind. Sheamus costs Orton the World Heavyweight Championship and that leads onto something else.

That's a thought anywho, if not that then I see the next bout being Christian vs. Orton vs. Sheamus.

I agree with Dragon Saga, probably the next bout will be a Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship, but I would like to see a gimmick match between Orton and Christian, like a Street Fight or a Steel Cage.

Randy Orton and Christian was my favorite match yesterday, and if they have a ruthless match I will be watching it.
But for storyline purposes, I can't see this storyline making sense in 1 month without being personal, make Edge return or kidnapping Randys fake wife, something to make it more appealing.

Randy Orton has been a hell of a champion, and if he has performances like in the past 2/3 months, then I'm voting him to be Superstar of the Year and One of the best champions ever.
I want Rhodes vs Orton at WrestleMania, it makes sense...

I can watch Christian and Orton go at it every week and I wouldn't get tired of it because they have great chemistry together and can pull off top notch matches. But if the feud drags on for too long, then it will inevitably get stale. Personally, I want Cody Rhodes to get in the world title picture sooner than later. Keeping Dibiase with him for now would work since the three men have a history together but at some point, I want to see Rhodes take on Orton on his own without having a partner weighing him down.

Logically though, Christian seems to still be the one to go after Orton. Sheamus won't be back for awhile I assume but when he does, I'm expecting either a triple threat with Orton, Christian, and Sheamus or strictly a one on one feud with Orton and Sheamus.

In this particular order:

Sheamus: I think that we will be seeing a Triple Threat Match at Money in the Bank to bring closure to this feud which would mean that in theory he would be next in line. It sure seems that Sheamus will be in a legitiamate World Title Match very soon. Will he win I think not.

Cody Rhodes: He will be taking the title off of Orton. I'm going to say it now Rhodes wins Money in the Bank and cashes it in before Summerslam making Orton use up his rematch clause at Summerslam. Considering that the former legacy feud could be rehashed appropriately here I think this would be a good feud.

Sin Cara: The idea is for him to become a Main Eventer soon enough. Right? I say down the line I could see him challenging Rhodes. I could see a singles match between him and Rhodes at Night of Champions.

Next in line, as you said, is still Christian. He will come out next week bitching about how the ref screwed up their last match. This will eventually lead to one final showdown between him and Orton. (And if he still doesn't win the belt then, I just might go outside and beat up a 10 year old out of frustration...)

I think Mark Henry is next in line. He seems to be getting a push by taking out Big Show & Kane this past Sun & Mon. My bet is they will have Christian vs. Orton one more time on this weeks SD, Orton will win then Henry will come out and attack Orton.

In my opinion, i think they should start building up a program for Cody Rhhodes for summerslam. He needs to dump DiBiase though, the guy is useless and very bland in my opinion.

I think the obvious choice is sin cara...

He's got something special going on I'm not to sure what the wwe universe's stance on him is right now, but I love him. Even down to the ring lighting they use for him. It's innovative and new and goddammit he's a good wrestler.. I just dontnknow how far they can push him with his lack of speaking! I think they should push him up to the main event and at least let him challenge Randy whether he wins it or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back