Who on current WWE roster has the potential to be......

CyberPunk

The Show himself
a bonafide hollywood star? Now, I know there's no set criteria for this. Anyone can break out as a star at any point in their career. It's all about taking the opportunity. However, it's very rare that a WWE star breaks out as a Hollywood star. Apart from Dwayne Johnson, no WWE wrestler has ever made it to the A-list of Hollywood stars. While Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper etc had cross-over appeal, they never became bonafide Hollywood stars. Batista is close, but a lot will depend on his Marvel movie.

Having said all this, who on the current WWE roster do you think can make it in Hollywood? And I mean a bonafide Hollywood star and not someone who features in those cheap WWE studio movies. To set the ball rolling, I'll list a few names.

John Cena : The face of WWE has featured in couple of WWE studio movies. However, he is terrible when it comes to acting. His passion and expressions do not translate well on the big screen at all. He's a dud, but he has the look, so there's always a chance.

Randy Orton : Again, another WWE main event star who has featured in WWE movies, but acting is pretty bland. Has the looks and charisma, may be a few acting lessons can help.

Antonio Cesaro : Everytime I look at him, he reminds me of Jason Statham. However, He has not proven himself as a compelling character in the WWE, let alone a movie. An action star?

Roman Reigns : Well well, Dwayne Johnson's relative, has a great superman look, and something tells me he's going to be huge in WWE. But does he have the potential to follow his Uncle (is that right?) into the superstardom?

This is just for sake of discussion. If this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move the thread.

So I'm not the only one who thinks Cesaro reminds them of Jason Statham! Ziggler has a lot of charisma, I think, Sandow, too. I could see Sandow being a villian in some movies.

The Rock has the rare combination of looks, charisma, and talent that can make one an A-list Hollywood star. I don't see any future A-listers in WWE right now. As for people who could do some acting and have a modicum of success:

Big E: I still don't see much in him as a Superstar, but away from the ring he's a likeable and personality-rich guy. If The Haves and the Have Nots ever needs to cast a bouncer, Big E should be on Tyler Perry's shortlist.

Bray Wyatt: To echo MizMark, he could walk onto a horror movie set without changing a thing. However, the fact that the man behind Bray has pulled off the character so well tells me that he's got some drama chops. He doesn't have leading man looks, but I think he could easily make a living in Hollywood.

Hornswoggle: Tony Cox and Warwick Davis are getting old, and Peter Dinklage is gonna get expensive if he isn't already.

Santino: A wacky neighbor role on a CW sitcom isn't out of the question.

Roman Reigns/Divas: Looks can often supersede actual acting chops, so I'd never count out any of the ladies. Same goes for Reigns. There's no denying that that's a handsome sumbitch, but he's likely reaching the limit of his dramatic skills just furrowing his brow and growling.

Rey Mysterio: see Hornswoggle.

Good topic...

Goldust has the best shot IMO, in the trailers for the movie he has coming out he seems pretty good and he has been able to completely absorb in to a character that has evolved a lot over the years. He may be the single greatest wrestling actor of all time. (By that I mean acting in his role as a superstar)

Others I think have a shot

CM Punk I can see CM Punk being a cameo star in shows like CSI, he can play druggie really well in short bursts, which is kind of ironic.

Zeb Couter I think he could pull off creepy real well in a movie (think Michael Parks in Red State) I can see him getting some creepy, short heavy dialogue role in a Tarantino movie or any of the new breed of movies where the character speeches are way over written.

The problem for me with guys like Cena, The Miz, Randy Orton, Big Show, HHH etc is that they have already been a leading man in horribly shitty movies that probably did not break even or made very little (12 rounds and the original Marine may have turned a profit) and that pretty much killed them as bigger actors.

You would think Hollywood would turn to wrestlers for roles more often but the truth is, in a real world environment most things that are seen on WWE television are 5-10 years behind where main stream pop culture is actually at and its something I can't really figure out (Long hair, terrible MMA clothing, fanny packs and what not) but none the less, only a select handful of guys who are actually bigger than the WWE can ever make them will be able to pull that off, and so far The Rock is really the only one to do it, I guess Hogan as well, but he has just been playing the same character that was created in 1984 for the last 30 years in every single thing he has ever done, right down to his reality show with literally zero change.

I think if Cena had the right director and script, he could pull it off. Also, while I may be alone here, I think his promos are a lot better these days than when he was doing the Marine, his jokey ones aside.

Punk would be a natural character actor, possibly leading man in a romantic comedy. Same goes for Cody.

Paul Heyman would be the most obnoxious villain in anything he put his hand in. Brock would be a star in any movie where he could keep his mouth mostly shut. He actually does subtle reactions very well.

Tamina Snuka. Cousin of The Rock. They seem to have a good relationship with each other. I believe he recently bought her a car.

I can see her being a female action star. She got the look, size and connections. I could see her in the next Fast and the Furious movie.

Dolph Ziggler - I think he may have learned now to be a big star in this business you got to be known outside of wrestling. I see her has had smaller roles, even did stand up sometimes but I could see him being a romantic comedy star if he gets the right agent to get him roles instead of doing WWE movies.

Reigns - He got the look, the size, the family connections like Tamina. I'm not sure what his priorities are with his career. The vibe I get is he wants to be a world champ one day. If entertainment was a priority of his, he got an advantage playing for GA Tech, being related to The Rock, the ladies love him and Hollywood could always use a young big guy

I think Damien Sandow can be a good mainstream actor. His speech is flawless, he has tremendous confidence, and his acting is also very good.

I can see Seth Rollins playing "The Crow". I can see Dean Ambrose as a joker type villain. Damien Sandow would make a great host of a TV show. Cesaro could be an action star & him knowing 5 languages helps, maybe he could play Jason Stathams brother but as long as we already have a balding action hero why would Hollywood want another. But none of them can be The Rock. Stone Cold even tried & failed. But if I had to pick one I'd say Seth Rollins. He's the only one that Hollywood would accept imo.

Cesaro - he just acts and talks badass and like many of you reminds me of Jason statham.

Outside of having the look which can get you over as s star sometimes, I think one real aspect of movie stars is getting so caught up in their roles they make you forget they are actors and I only see few guys being able to do this.

Bray Wyatt - the guy lives his character and embraces it. In a movie I think he could be very believable

Cody Rhodes - He embraces any gimmick he is given and they work. He has also been awesome of the jbl and Cole show.

Ambrose - Man those moxley promos were so intense and I think this guy would be an awesome psycho character in movies.

Reigns - Has the look and possibly the personality to go with it.

I think any of them given the right opportunity could do well in Hollywood, i think when it comes to Wrestlers transitioning into that role though it just takes time. I mean WWE performers are larger than life, almost pantomime versions of themselves for the most part as it's not just got to translate on TV but to an arena full of live fans. The subtlties of cinema performance would come over time just as they have for Dwayne Johnson, i mean he's had a slew of shitty movies before he really made it in Hollywood, just think back to Doom, or The Tooth Fairy or that ridiculous cameo in The Mummy 2 which spawned it's own freaking film(s). Fact is, he waded through the shit and persevered which is what anyone would have to and to do that they'd have to quit wrestling, end of story, just like Brock Lesnar couldn't train for MMA AND be a WWE superstar at the same time, the Rock couldn't make Hollywood take him seriously AND be in WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back