Who is REALLY better? HHH or Harley Race?

Triple H or Harley Race?

• Triple H

• Harley Race

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

More than ever before, I am seeing people comparing HHH to Harley Race, from look, to tendencies in the ring, to heel psychology. But as people felt Antonio Inoki did with Rikidozan, has the "student" outdone the "master?"

Harley Race

harley_race_8.jpg

8-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion.
First NWA United States Heavyweight Champion.
5-time AWA Tag Team Champion
Member of the WWE, WCW, NWA, and Stampede Halls of Fame

VERSUS

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

hhh.jpg

12-time World Heavyweight Champion
2nd WWE Grand Slam Champion
Royal Rumble and King of the Ring Winner

WHO IS REALLY BETTER!?

Oh lord. So similar. Yet so different. I'm going to take this from the most prominent way I can.

Triple H definitely watched old tapes of Harley Race. It is pretty evident by his movements in the ring. The way he talks which is methodical. The way he carries himself too. But all he can do is try to replicate the great Harley Race. While Race was still active the guy started fucking RIOTS. Triple H can control a crowd like no other. But at the end of the day people respected him. Harley Race could control a crowd and make them DESPISE him. So much so that they payed to see im get beat, AND actually try to hurt him themselves.

Easy call. Harley Race.

How did I miss this thread?

I'm rarely a believer that the student can pass the teacher, and to me that hasn't happened here. The problem here though is that Harley's title reigns mean so much more. Look at HHH's reigns. This is his longest. Race's would approach years on end. He was the first US Champion, yet again with a long reign. There was nowhere he didn't win titles and championships. HHH is the best in WWE today, but he's out of his league here.

Well, Harley Race was before my time. I have seen Triple H evolve into the best in the business. From Tag Team championships, to Intercontinental Championships, to 12 world titles, a grand slam championship, 2 successful stables 1 of which is legendary, the fact that he came back from not 1 but two career ending injuries, his staying power thus far, ability in all arenas, how can you really argue against him? His resume is stacked, he is the game, and I pick Triple H. Of course I will admit a bias. He is my favorite wrestler.

When I clicked on this thread i was definitely in Harley Race's corner, but then i got to thinking that it is actually close. Triple H and Harley Race are very much alike. They are almost exactly the same in crowd control, and both are great legends in this business, but Harley takes it here. The guy was just crazy how much he could make people hate him, and Triple H just hasn't passed him yet. It's possible but it hasn't happened yet.

Harley_race.jpg

There is where the physical similarities begins. Triple H obviously was heavily influenced by Race. From the flying Harley Race knee, to the Harley Race beard, Triple H tried to emulate that man to a T. Emulating Harley Race is a great move by Triple H, because Harley Race is arguably one of the top 5 wrestlers of all time.

People need tor ealize what Harley Race and his multiple Title Reigns means. Harley became the face of the NWA in the 70's, and carried the title most of the decade. While the same could be said for Triple H and the 00's in the WWE. They have very similar careers. Both were pretty damn good heels. The whole Harley being able to cause riots speaks to the difference of the times though. Fans now are a bit more tranquil in their approach to things. Vocal yes, but physically violent, very rarely in wrestling do you see it now a days.

My dad says that Harley Race is the best wrestler ever, I tend to take his word pretty strongly considering he's the man that introduced me to the business. I am not Triple H's biggest fan, but I don't think he matches up. Triple H has the advantage of having the full backing of the WWE marketing machine, Harley mastered the territories.

Plus, Harley clearly handed the torch off to ric Flair, who became the clear head of the NWA after that. Triple H, I know it's debatable, has yet to show that he can hand the torch to someone without grasping it back.

*Edit: The bottomline is, if you are a Triple H fan especially, you really owe it to yourself to watch Harley Race matches if you get the chance. They may be long and in a style your unfamiliar with, but the man was truly a master of his craft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back