Who is better Hogan or Flair?

mrwrestling82

Dark Match Jobber
IMO Hogan isnt even close, he's never been able to wrestle AT ALL. Plus now he comes back and only will wrestle if he gets put over and wins. Give me a break.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ric flair becase he puts his body through hell and will lose matches. Im can only expect whoever hogan faces at mania 23 will lose to hogan

mrwrestling82 said:
IMO Hogan isnt even close, he's never been able to wrestle AT ALL. Plus now he comes back and only will wrestle if he gets put over and wins. Give me a break.
Yeh Hogan will only lose to The Rock, only because The Rock indealizes Hogan.
Ric Flair is arguably the greatest wrestler/entertainer of all time, and to tell you the truth, hes the reason I watch RAW a lot of the time because he and DX are the only thing entertaining right now.

Nature Boy! Woooooooooooo!

Ric Flair Is The Greatest Wrestler of All Time! But Hogan Is By Far The Bigest Draw and Entertainer Of All Time!

yeah hogan needs to leave his storylines with hbk and rko disgusted me He is not better than orton and he damn sure isnt better than shawn Hogan is an idiot Ric Flair is the man se above for reasons ric flair has earned the right to decide when he leaves whooooo

ric flair is amazing, ive sem him live twice and met him! legend, always willing to put over younger talent to help the industry! unlike hogan

ric flair is actually the better wrestler, but hogan was the better gimmick and personality. which plays a factor cuz, he brought the most money in, i think thats the reason why people say hogan is the greatest ever, because people say that he made wrestling and put wrestling on the map. that also just shows you how much gimmicks seem to play a factor rather than a wrestler skills. so yea i'll say ric flair, cuz he had better ring skills and abilities to me. a leg drop and a powerslam and muscle flexing really doesnt impress me, but i guess it impressed others back in the day.

Hogan Drew More Money For Vince Than Flair Could Ever Imagine! Without Hogan Wwe Wouldnt Be What Is Today. Is It A Coincidence When He Left Wwf For Wcw The Ratings Started To Shift To Wcw? It Didnt Happen Overnight But Wcw Was The #1 Promotion At 1 Time. It Also Forced Vince To Create A Great Product Unlike This Shit We're Watching Nowadats!!!

This shouldn't even be a question to real wrestling fans. Ric Flair is ten times better than Hogan. In my opinion Hulk Hogan is one of the worst wrestlers of all time. He may be one of the most famous ones, but he's still one of the worst. He always gave himself the wins in WCW. He had the idea of bringing in the ultimate warrior so he could beat him and finally close his career. He didn't take the fall to Orton or Michaels. He's a disgrace to the business. Ric Flair on the other hand is one of the greatest heels of all time. And he is possibly the best wrestler of all time. Every match he has he steals the show. Heck, even when he fought in his first ever ladder match at his old age against Edge a few months back he still stole the show. He was even able to make the Big Show look good in WWECW. He's the best ever and there should be no arguing.

eric d duszynski said:
Hogan Drew More Money For Vince Than Flair Could Ever Imagine! Without Hogan Wwe Wouldnt Be What Is Today. Is It A Coincidence When He Left Wwf For Wcw The Ratings Started To Shift To Wcw? It Didnt Happen Overnight But Wcw Was The #1 Promotion At 1 Time. It Also Forced Vince To Create A Great Product Unlike This Shit We're Watching Nowadats!!!

thats true, thats what i was saying, their is no doubt that hogan was a monemaker, and made the wwe, and brought in more money than flair, but flair still had more ring ability than hogan did, infact a lot of wrestlers did. but hogan just had the great gimmick. and gimmicks make money now. and vince is content right now, thats why he is not trying to make the wwe better, because their is nobody to challenge him right now, until tna starts rising.

I'll go ahead and say that wrestling would be just the same today if its was for Hogan or not, the superstardom of the WWF would have just taken many more years.
Bischoff still would have fired Austin and Stone Cold still would have been born, The Rock would have still appeared and WCW would have still be purchased by Mr. McMahon.
The only thing that would have been different is certain 70's/80's wrestlers would not have been remembered as much, people like Andre the Giant, Macho Man Savage, Ultimate Warrior, and maybe the Undertaker wouldnt have been as feared.

I would have to agree that Hogan drew more money because he was the better gimmick and better personality. Not WRESTLER. Hogan couldn't hold a candle to Flair in wrestling ability. Flair had and still has the whole package (ring skills, mic skills, put over talent). Plus in his heyday, Flair was part of the greatest heel stable in history. No offense to NWO or DX, but without the Four Horsemen, you wouldn't have the other two. Don't sell Flair short, in his time, Flair drew fans and money because he was Ric Flair, face or heel.

v14ever said:
I would have to agree that Hogan drew more money because he was the better gimmick and better personality. Not WRESTLER. Hogan couldn't hold a candle to Flair in wrestling ability. Flair had and still has the whole package (ring skills, mic skills, put over talent). Plus in his heyday, Flair was part of the greatest heel stable in history. No offense to NWO or DX, but without the Four Horsemen, you wouldn't have the other two. Don't sell Flair short, in his time, Flair drew fans and money because he was Ric Flair, face or heel.
:blink: that is something to think about, their really wouldnt be no nwo or dx, if it hadnt been for the four horsemen stable. but you just realize the same thing that i realize, that its all about the gimmicks, not the ring talent.

i disagree if there had never been hogan i dont think it would be as big as now, because he was the reason alot of wrestlers became wrestlers, or alot of fans became fans, and i hate hogan.

I think Flair has him beat by a few years... he came in somewhere around the Cretacious Period,..just about the same time the Bracheasorous was dying out.

What's that?

Oh.. my bad. I thought this was titled "Who's Older, Flair or Hogan".

I'm just waiting for the first "Heart Medication on a Poll Match."

213 said:
I think Flair has him beat by a few years... he came in somewhere around the Cretacious Period,..just about the same time the Bracheasorous was dying out.

What's that?

Oh.. my bad. I thought this was titled "Who's Older, Flair or Hogan".

I'm just waiting for the first "Heart Medication on a Poll Match."

Lmao ^^

Hogan would hopefully lose that one. :) Would be awesome to see. "Neh Neh I have your MEDS, You are GONNA DIE"

Haha..

Honestly I don't think there is a doubt in anyones mind that Flair is the superior wrestler. People like Hogan better, he was marketed more and more readily available in the 80s.

If I needed a tag team partner I would choose Flair. If I needed somone to create some huge buzz, Hogan. Personally I would rather see Hogan and I think thats probably the majority.

nono. lol I prefer Flair by far. I don't think Hogan is really as Universal as people make out. I live in the UK and i swear i don't know one Hogan fan :)

I dont understand why people want Hogan to wrestle or even appear on the show anymore. Flair is still entertaining and can perform a good match. His matches with Foley and Edge were better than most matches that are put out today.

Well getting back on topic, yeah I think Flair was (is) better. hogan was like 0 wrestling talent, but a 100% image and marketing masterpiece. He just had the perfect image for Pro Wrestling. Fliar on the othe hand had a great image,.. amazing in fact,..but just not the mass appeal. His very character seemd to be held back by one trait... localization. He came off as a "Good 'ol Souther Boy, with some "old money" to play around with. I think the only thing holding Flair back from total media mainstream fame, was the "Southern" part of his basic imagery.

not that I myself had anything against it, just Hogan seemed more generic I think, and that was easier to package and sell to the masses.

Keep in mind, I definatly prefer Flair. He's a showman, and one of the extremly few pro wrestlers I would say deserves legend status.

(My Hall of Fame so far would be like this:
Andre
Flair
Rock
EXIT

I wouldn't say one is better than the other for the mere fact that "The Nature Boy Ric Flair" was a big draw and drew fans to the "Wrestling" aspect of wrestling, while "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan was a big draw that drew fans more toward the "Entertainment" aspect of wrestling!

Both men to me are at the same level, while Hulk Hogan is the bigger draw of the two, to me Ric Flair was the Hulk Hogan of the NWA and WCW, and vise versa.

Both men have laid the foundation down for what wrestling is today and both should be respected and thanked for there years making pro wrestling what it is today!

it depends on what your asking they are better at? just generally, hogan was more important to the sport as a whole. but hogan always felt protected and created. flair was a better wrestler and better with the mic but not as marketable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back