Which WWE Show Is The Best, Right Now

Which is the best show on WWETV right now ?

• RAW

• SmackDown

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheGreatLegend

The Cerebral Assasin
In my opinion SmackDown is better than RAW right now. I mean RAW has been same for years. Same old Cena matches,WWE Title picture is boring right now,RAW has too much talk and ridiculous storylines. I think RAW now has become what WCW Nitro was in 2000.

SmackDown is overall better show with lots of Wrestling and storylines which are focused on Wrestling more than just talk. RAW has not been the same since 2009.

Which in your opinion is the better show on WWETV ?

In my opinion, SmackDown has been better than RAW 9 out of 10 times since the very start of the Brand Extension. Superior writers make a better show, and SmackDown clearly has the superior writers, who are able to take RAW's leftover scraps and turn them into gold.

Smackdown doesn't have superior writers they are the same storylines if you haven't noticed, the only differences are Smackdown has more in ring action, Raw has more "entertainment".

Storylines mirror each other from Raw to Smackdown, even have the same stipulations at the PPV's, that's been the case since the brand extensions.

Smackdown is aimed at a different audience.
Raw always has been a mixed show meant to appeal a bit to everyone and get more exposure.

RAW for me is the place to be watch,
Smackdown as i stated is the place to watch some good quality matches.

i find Smackdown commentry boring, RAW is bad enough with Cole and King, but Booker T and Michael Cole together is murder on the ears. Josh Matthews is the only one offering anything relating to the matches. Geeesh
and Teddy Long is as useless as Tits on a bull, better to have no GM at all

Neither right now.

RAW has been weak, aside from Punk. Smackdown has been VERY weak.

RAW
~GET RID OF THE SMACKDOWN STARS AND SHOWCASE THE RAW STARS. Some Smackdown stars get more TV time than some of the RAW talent.

~Best thing it has going right now is Punk and his storyline.

~ADR sucked as champion so can we get him away from the title.

~Tag team is going nowhere. You had 3 tag teams at one point. Awesome Truth was wasted, AirBoom is going nowhere, and they are doing NOTHING with the Usos.

~Ziggler should already be in the title chase. Too much wasted time on him with Ryder and the US Title.

~Nash/Triple H? Yawn.

~Divas? Blah. Im tired of seeing the same ones week after week in the same story.

~Enough teasing Brodus Clay and debut him already!

SMACKDOWN (I try to catch Smackdown when I can but follow it)
~Rhodes/Booker T. Cody doesn't need a future legend to put him over. If anything he should feud with his brother (thats another topic). Let Booker feud with someone that rising and feels they have something to prove.

~Big Show/Mark Henry/Daniel Bryan. Love Henry/Bryan...but their cage match (as good as it was) irked me. Maybe him just being picky...but are we really supposed to believe that with Henry having a bum ankle that he could climb the ropes? On top of that the match ended when he climbed them, held Byran, AND jumped off at the same time. Then walked away fine. He hardly sold the injury in that match!

~Lack of Divas. They dont push the Divas as much as they do on RAW.

~Tag team (see RAW).

~Orton/Barrett. It doesn't seem like WWE knows what to do with Orton. Being the face of Smackwon hasn't worked out, Barrett isn't a convincing heel against Orton, and Orton is the same basic character with a different name every 6 months. He was already called Apex Predator, then The Viper, now he's...Apex Predator again? Did it not stick the first time or did they just run out of names?

~Everything else is just filler.

With Kane coming back and now supposedly Jericho...I hoping, to paraphrase JR, BUSINESS PICKS UP! Seriously though...RAW is dying down and Smackdown is always the same thing. They need to supercharge their storylines.

Many wrestling fans claim to love innovation, yet manage to detest every new idea WWE comes up with. Nothing seems to satisfy them.

For those folks, Smackdown will be the show they prefer. It's more of a strictly-wrestling show, with an accent on in-ring action and a minimum of vignettes, surprises, guest stars, etc. For those who like a pure wrestling approach, go with Friday nights.

Raw is more of a hodgepodge of activity: more gimmick matches, vignettes, backstage activity and surprise guests. The latter feature includes Smackdown wrestlers who appear on Raw, particularly this past Monday when they brought in Smackdown guys to fight Raw fighters who wanted to gain a championship opportunity against C.M. Punk. Seemed an unusual way to handle it, but it accented the variety offered by Raw.

Yes, Raw features a lot more entertainment than Smackdown. The two brands are competing for different audiences.....and the brand that's better is the one you prefer. This way, there's something for everyone.

"Many wrestling fans claim to love innovation, yet manage to detest every new idea WWE comes up with. Nothing seems to satisfy them."

One of the most true statements I have heard from a wrestling fan in a long time. The fact is the fans have been given everything through the years and the more you give them, the more they expect. Its at the point where fans can't be satisfied no matter what you do. You would think it would have been people who do not watch wrestling would be extremely harsh to it, but its the actual people who watch the show who do nothing, but wine, cry and bitch constantly like 5 year olds who don't get their way. Its sad and the absolute worst part about being a wrestling fan these days. These people are what ruined wrestling. You don't have to watch it. Change the channel and stop bitching..time to get the hell over yourselfs...please!

At one point Smackdown was the better show, but Raw has become the "A" show for me again within the past few months. When it turned into the Raw Supershow featuring talent from both rosters, the quality on Raw skyrocketed in my opinion. While Smackdown is more wrestling oriented and often has the better matches, Raw provides more entertainment because it has the better roster to begin with AND now features talent from both sides. Ever since they stopped doing the guest hosts and included Smackdown guys on a weekly basis, Raw has been the better show by a large margin for me.

the show that is better is smackdown.the reason why smackdown is better than raw is because they focus more on wrestling than entertainment.even csr said that smackdown focuses on wrestling than raw. why do you think at bragging rights,smackdown won two years in a row,becuase the superstars there get better and better everytime they perform for the fans.as for raw, they just focus on promos,and backstage segments.

As has been pointed out, SmackDown! is a more straightforward wrestling show than Raw is. SD! has had a simple but very effective formula for quite a while now. The formula typically consists of a couple of main promo segments, a scattering of brief backstage promo segments, and usually 5 matches with 2 or 3 of them being extremely good. Vince usually stays out of the way on SD! and lets people do their jobs. He doesn't try to micromanage every single aspect of the show the way he normally does for Raw, thereby driving himself and everyone else crazy. SD! isn't usually live and so it doesn't have the same type of energy that Raw has going for it. Live shows just generate an energy that taped shows don't. It's just how it is even if you don't read spoilers.

Raw is generally the show where everything happens. It's the WWE's flagship show, it's live almost every Monday and it's the show more people think of when they think of WWE. It's where the celebs come to, it's where a lot of ppv hype can come from, etc.

The brand exclusivity is all but gone now and, personally, I've got no problem with that. I like the idea that I can turn on Raw and see Daniel Bryan get into a confrontation with Michael Cole. I like turning on SD! and seeing Dolph Ziggler wrestling against Sheamus. I also like the fact that WWE has put more emphasis on SD! by just the simple act of having SD! stars regularly show up on Raw each Monday.

As for the one I get the most sheer enjoyment out of, I'd say that it's too close to call. There's some fun stuff happening on both shows. Both shows have got talented guys on the roster. CM Punk is the WWE Champion, Mark Henry has been the biggest surprise of 2011, John Cena at least looks to be on the slow build to a heel turn, Daniel Bryan looks to be on a slow build to clashing with Mark Henry at WM 28, Dolph Ziggler looks to be headed for the main event picture anytime, Cody Rhodes continues to be one of the best young heels going today & his feud with Booker T has some real promise, Zack Ryder is all but assured to be the next United States Champion, Wade Barrett is back on track to being one of the best young guys on the WWE roster, it's heavily rumored that Chris Jericho will be returning in less than a month, etc.

I feel that Smackdown has been the more solid show overall for some time now, there was a time where it couldn't even come close to Raw but they have been knocking it out of the park recently. Sure Raw has had some big stuff going on with Punk and Cena & Rock but most of the stuff below that hasn't been very good and there has been so much more promos and backstage confrontations than matches on Raw that I find myself skipping through alot of it like I used to do for Smackdown. Where on the other had Smackdown seems more balanced in the ratio between matches and promos, and the matches they do have are all fairly entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back