Which team was better?: Legacy or Dirt Sheet Duo

GLOBAL ICON

I <3 Wrestling and Soccer
Now, the question is very-very simple. Which was the better team. Legacy had Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes and The Dirt Sheet Duo consisted of The Miz and John Morrison. Both split after months of best friendship and then a something snapped. Here are their career highlights:
Legacy
3-time World Tag Team champions

Dirt Sheet Duo
2-time Tag Team champions
Slammy Award winners (Tag Team of the year, Best WWE.com exclusive)

DiBiase and Rhodes are 3rd generation superstars while Miz/Morrison made a name for themselves and are the next faces of the WWE after Cena and Orton. So which is the better team?

Personally, I feel Miz/Morrison better. There were the best tag team of the 21st century. I feel it. They were way better than any other team. Plus, they were cocky and funny. I should say there were the younger version of DX. As agains them, Cody and Ted were just a flash in the pan and recieved their success because of Hardcore Holly, their fathers and Randy Orton. But again, Cody is on his way to become a huge star. (Don't know bout Ted).

So what's your choice?

Miz & Morrison definitely.

They were a Team I just wanted to watch over & over, no matter what. Whether they were wrestling together or on their own. I've gotta agree as well, they're the Tag Team of the 21st Century. I'd love to see them fight together again, even if it's just for a one off appearance.

Miz & Morrison by far.

I always loved watching them.They also fought for their position in the company unlike Ted and Cody who are only there because of their fathers,Randy Orton and to a lesser extent Hardcore Holly. Miz & Morrison were also definately more exciting and even had amazing tag team moves. They were also funny. They made me tune into WWE week in and week out.

:lol:

After watching like 70 episodes of the Dirt Sheet, and seeing incredible matches against DX, the Colons, and any other tag team the choice is clear. They were the last great tag team in WWE, and had the complete package from Mic Skills to pure wrestling ability.
While Legacy was good, they lived in the shadow of Randy Orton the entire time they were a team and their title reigns weren't nearly as memorable.

I have to say Miz + Morrison. They were just an immense tag team. I would watch any of their matches again, they always put on a good show and entertained me. Now don't get me wrong legacy were good but they were in the shadow of Orton the whole time and just didn't put on as good matches as Miz + Morrison

I assume I'll be going against the grain. I'm going with Legacy.

Three reasons.

1. I have a slight feeling that DiBiase and Rhodes will go on to be a bit bigger than Morrison. His size could hold him down. I genuinely hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it. So, the fact that the team helped introduce two guys that have a better shot gives them a bit of a boost.

2. They had a cooler feel to them, for me personally. I'm not into comedy duos in WWE. I generally don't find them funny and I just get turned off by it. Legacy had a mean streak and the fact that they lost steam has a lot more to do with the writing team than it does with the two people involved.

3. Personally, I liked the name better. I know it sounds weird, but think about it this way. Look at the best Tag Teams in the WWE's history. One thing for sure in common; Cool names. Lol. Road Warriors. The Rockers. Hart Foundation. All have an edge of cool to them.

I like Miz and Morrison, but as singles competitors better.

Ahhh, it's amazing how far tag team wrestling has fallen isn't it?

Legacy, actually, were only two time champions. Cody won 3 while on Raw, the first coming with Hardcore Holly. They also could have easily been the better team, but they spent the majority of their time playing Randy's Orton's lackeys, and never actually held the titles as members of Legacy. That's a huge indictiment of the stable itself.

But before they teamed up with Orton, they lost their belts to thrown together teams of Batista and Cena, and Kofi Kingston and CM Punk. Who took the belts off of Punk and Kofi? Miz and Morrison did.

I'd have to say Miz and Morrison, and it isn't even close. Dating back to the time they won the titles from MVP and Matt Hardy, they defended the titles frequently, and only lost them in a fatal four way tag match. They had a nice mini-feud with DX, and went on to have a great series of matches with The Colons(can't believe Im typing that), before ultimately losing the unification match, and both moving on to single's success. They also consistently defended the titles, something Rhodes and DiBiase did not.

Miz and Morrison also split while they were pretty much on top. Yes, they lost the unification match, but they had ruled the tag team division for over a year before that. Legacy spent the last year challenging for the titles and consistently losing. After awhile, the emphasis became more on protecting Orton's title, rather then winning ones of their own. While Miz and Morrison were together, they were either always in the hunt for titles, or holding them. Miz and Morrison in a landslide.

How are Morrison and Miz the future of the company "after Orton and Cena" when Orton is younger than one of them and only a few months older than the other? Just face it, Miz will NEVER be the Orton OR Cena of the WWE... for crying out loud..

Now with that out of the way, definitely Miz and Morrison. An easy way to look at this would to just look at where their careers went after the tag team. DiBiase is in a feud with Goldust and performs on like NXT and Superstars on the daily... Cody has lost some steam. Whereas Miz has MiTB and Morrison might enter a feud with a 2x WWE Champion soon.

If you mean as the tag teams were a live and strictly viewing it from that point, I'll still take Miz and Morrison. They didn't exist in anyone's shadow like Legacy did with Orton and had more entertaining reigns.

miz and morrison by far..
legacy were always protecting randy orton whereas miz/morrison were actually hunting for tag team gold..
but i really wish that legacy had stayed together for a little more just to push cody/ted more.. its obvious they cant exist without each other..
ted is feuding with goldust who's past his prime
cody is busy telling us how to look dashing and is just coming off a pathetic tag team title reign with drew mcintyre(who btw lost huge momentum after all this)
if they had stayed together and won some more titles it could have been so much better for them in the next 2 years..

i have to go with the miz & john morrison. I felt that their whole run as a tag team was very straightforward, you know where they stood, who they were, etc. Legacy started out with the whole priceless thing, etc, etc. I felt too much of that was based on their fathers - however i think some of the writing for legacy was good, e.g. dibiase vs orton, orton rko's dusty. And just when you thought they were going to go after eachother, they went after cena. i feel like miz & morrison brought back the whole aura of fighting champions. to talk about future of the company, i feel that the concept is a shared one bc of the multi brands. i can see all 4 being top players some day, just like for example in 1990 - 1991 the top 4 you could say were hogan, warrior, savage, ted dibiase, or jake roberts.

besides the whole concept of age is irrelevant to being the future of the company. how many times did they go from putting a guy like orton or cena, or the rock at the top, only to further push triple h, a guy whos 4 - 8 years older than cena and 11 years older than orton. same thing with batista and taker, jbl, eddie guerrero from 2004 - 2007. from building around someone like orton, or cena, to going back to pushing

This is not even close. Its almost like an insult to compare Legacy to Miz/Morrison tag team. DSD had mad chemistry and gather more heat of, of Miz's mic work alone and then on top of that Morrison's cocky look attitude, pose and ring work. They were far more entertaining and the crowd interacted with them. Heel Morrison turned out to be the shit. Legacy was so green, it was so cringe worthy to hear Dibiase on the mic, up to this this. The Dashing One was the one carrying the team, but even Cody swag wasn't strong enough to inspire Ted's lack of personality. I knew it from day one that Cody was the one worth the push, but nooooooo.....WWE managers love the bigger guys.

You can't compare them. On one side you had two guys who were appearing on all three brands and getting plenty of TV time each week feuding with up to three different personalities over all three brands. On the other hand you had two guys who joined up, were split a few months later and when they rejoined they were nothing more the lackeys for the majority of their run.

Well Legacy was supposed to be a huge thing and ended up falling incredibly short of its expectations as a faction. Meanwhile Morrison & Miz were meant to be a filler team and ended up giving the WWE tag division the most life its ever gonna see in this era.

Legacy was boring. Cody and Ted could not be any more bland if they tried. Thanks to this shit faction we got to see variations of the same tag match on every episode of RAW for months. One night it would be Cena/HHH/Batista vs Orton/Cody/Ted then the next night would be Orton/Cody/Ted vs Cena/HHH in a handicap match and it was honestly a chore to watch these guys do the same thing every week. Ted was supposed to break out as a singles star but he failed because the booking of this faction blew so much that the crowd got behind Orton instead.

Miz and Morrison was a much better team. I am not as big of a fan of this team as some other people are, but even I can tell that they were way better. Their segments were actually entertaining and their feuds were actually decent. Neither of which can be said for Legacy.

Miz and Morrison, they shined in a healthier tag division and made tag teams interesting again They were the complete package as a tag team with their mic skills and in ring skills. They gave ECW credibility and represented ECW the most.

They did well for themselves and they were a throw away team that was chosen randomly without any buildup or past connections together.

Miz and Morrison for me. By a long shot. During their time as a tag team, they dominated the tag team division. They had great chemistry (much better than I initially thought they would have) and had something else I think Legacy lacked: interesting personalities. They were over the top and they cut watchable promos. They could talk the talk and walk the walk. In addition, they became their own entity. Rhodes and DiBiase will always be remembered (by me, at least) as Orton's lackeys and the guys that always took the bullet for him. So Miz and and Morrison win it for me, no questions asked.

I'd have to go with John Morrison and The Miz. These two were kinda thrown together out of the blue and really had chemistry right off the bat. Morrison was better known as the tag team wrestler from his MNM days and Miz was really in a confusing and kinda boring feud at the time with Balls Mahoney if I remember correctly. These two were put together and I knew they had great things to come. They became WWE and World Tag Team Champions and won two Slammy Awards before disbanding. I would jump at the chance to see Miz and Morrison team up again and revive the tag team division.

The question is very easy for me to answer. Morrison and The Miz are much better! They were so entertaining and worked very well together. Rhodes and Dibiasi had chemistry and all of that, but they just were not Morrison and The Miz.

By the way, Morrison and Miz's matches are so much more memorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back