Which Full-Timer vs Part-Timer match do you want to see most?

TheOneAndOnlyGOAT

Championship Contender
I think my top 10 matches would be:

10-The Rock vs Roman Reigns

9-Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton

8-Brock Lesnar vs Sheamus

7-The Rock vs Randy Orton

6-The Undertaker vs Daniel Bryan

5-Triple H vs Roman Reigns

4-Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan

3-The Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt

2-Brock Lesnar vs Antonio Cesaro

1-The Rock vs Daniel Bryan

6ssym8.jpg

The one I've been wanting to see for years is Rock vs Orton.Think about it two 3rd generations superstars who kind of look alike,who are both great in the ring and on the mic.Randy can play a great heel (and a good face),while Rock can play a great face (and heel.) This match was originally the backup plan for WM 29 if WWE got Stone Cold vs CM Punk.We would have seen Punk/Austin,HHH/Lesnar,Rock/Orton,and Cena/Taker as the main events.Out of all of them this is the only 'real' dream match for me.Rock vs Reigns as well.We may actually see Rock vs Reigns,but Rock vs Orton is now unlikely.As far as Rock vs Bryan it is not a dream match to me.It would be a great match and all but a terrible feud.It would be two faces pandering to each other. It won't happen either.With Bryan being the new 'face' of the WWE and Rock's last match being at WrestleMania 31 I don't see Rock turning heel or Bryan turning heel.That would be the only way for that to work.

Most of the matches, I wanted to see kind of won't work at this point anyway.

Would have really loved to see Sheamus vs. Undertaker with The Streak on the line, two great brawlers and two of the best big men in the company in terms of ring ability. Of course, Sheamus would be a heel at the time with Undertaker of course taking on the role of a face. It's too bad, it couldn't happen back when Undertaker was far more fresh, because those two I believe would have put on a great match together.

Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar, I would have wanted simply for the billing, but with the titles put together, the fact that they were the youngest champion of their respective titles... kind of makes the entire idea kind of impossible, unless they do break the titles up again at some point, which seems to be the only logical reason for having people carrying around two titles at the moment, unless the plan is to eventually retire one at some point, I highly doubt they'll introduce another new title to replace an already recently created title. Still the idea of "The Youngest World Heavyweight Champion vs. The Youngest WWE Champion" was something I was hoping to see at one point.

Randy Orton vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin, again mostly for the tagline "The Viper vs. The Rattlesnake", I liked the idea when Austin brought up the idea of working a feud with Orton, back at the point when Orton had all this intensity... which he kind of lost along the way it seems.

Jack Swagger vs. Brock Lesnar, I would have loved to see this simply for the amateur backgrounds, I could very easily see shades of Angle/Brock with this, and I believe that both could put on an clinic in the ring, sadly Swagger might never have the booking to push him anywhere near Lesnar, but the guy definitely has the potential, he definitely had the potential in the beginning, I'd imagine if not for the drug bust against him, the gimmick he had, had the potential to do great things for him, especially with Colter by his side.

Seth Rollins vs. Rob Van Dam, Seth is my favorite member within The Shield, his work in the art of high-flying is amazing, I swear, I love watching the guy fly around the ring and how quickly he transitions from one high-flying move to the next, putting him up against RVD seems like just a no-brainer, both are entertaining, both highly creative, needless to say, this kind of match would definitely make me mark out, because I know these two would just kill it for the simple fact of how inventive they would be in the ring together.

1. Roman Reigns vs. Triple H- If anyone can make Roman, it's Triple H. He did it for Batista and he can do it for Roman.

2. The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt- If anyone was to break the streak, I would've preferred it be Bray. Like that, you could avoid people cheering for him. The day he turns face out of all this crowd support is going to be the day his character is ruined. No way the creative team avoids making him a comedy character. He can't break the streak anymore, but he can at least retire The Undertaker for some heat.

3. Kane vs. Brock Lesnar- I've always wanted to see this match. Kane works well when paired with ring generals like Bryan, HBK, Austin, etc. I bet he could have an amazing brawl with Brock if done right. It's frankly weird how they've avoided each other their whole careers.

4. Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar- I love it when Brock throws small guys around like rag dolls just for them to give him the fight of his life. Punk and Angle were two of Brock's best opponents ever, and I can see Bryan getting an even better match out of him.

5. Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho- Before Jericho hangs it up, I want to see him take Sami to the limit and vice-versa. That would be a make-or-break moment for him. I also think Y2J needs to win by the way. He's always putting people over forgetting the fact there's even more value in losing to a star, and then working your way up until the day you can get your redemption. (Sami has had a similar story with Cesaro on NXT which has been spectacular)

6. The Rock vs. Roman Reigns- This match will probably be a stinker. Roman isn't a ring general yet, and Rock's best days are behind him, but damn it, I don't want Rock to retire without having a storyline feud against his cousin who will most likely be the next Batista in terms of position on the card.

7. Batista vs. Brock Lesnar- Batista proved to me at Mania that he's still got it. When paired with great performers, he can put on great matches. He has had great matches with Triple H, Bryan, Undertaker and Cena, and I can't wait to see what Brock Lesnar can get out of him.

I guess that would be my top 7. I was going to make it a Top 10, but frankly, the rest of the matches I want to see are probably all "tied" for the #8 spot. They really aren't must-see as these 7, but they would definitely be cool to watch:
• Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar
• Sheamus vs. The Undertaker
• Rob Van Dam vs. Triple H (use their real life heat to build up this match)
• Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose
• Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara (I'm guessing Rey is a part-timer)

Honesty, there is very little in wrestling that I look forward to anymore. I watch occasionally but, more often than not I'm satisfied reading the results and watching what I wasn't on YouTube after the fact. There is one match that qualifies for this discussion that I would love to see. HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN vs... whomever the World champion is. I don't care if it's the WWE World Heavyweight title, the TNA World title, the NWA World title, the IWGP World title or even the All Japan Triple Crown. I just want HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN to win one more World title before he retires.

Brock Lesnar is the only part timer I care about, I'd love to see him wrestle Bryan and Cesaro and a bit further down the line Roman Reigns. I'd also love to see Brock vs Cena again at this years Summerslam. One other Brock match I'd like is with Orton but I'm not sure where they'll find the opening for that one.

Chris Jericho works a full schedule when he's there so I don't really consider him in the same bracket as the guys who work 2 or 3 tops, special attraction PPV matches a year. If he does count then I'd love to see him work a program with Bryan and Cesaro, and I think he would be a great singles feud for Rollins.

I'm cool with Triple H vs Reigns and maybe even Cesaro, but I wouldn't be bothered if they didn't happen, although the former almost certainly will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back