• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wheres Dreamer?

AmazingRed

Dark Match Winner
sorry if this has been said already or posted....

but wasn`t there a report on here saying wwe wanted tommy dreamer back or that he was offered some kind of light deal?

Yeah he returned awhile back and they were acting like he was back for good. The Shield beat the hell out of him and he hasn't been seen since.

I was wondering if he was going to come back. Maybe he was in town or something visiting and they asked him to take the beat down for old times sake.

ECW guys were always good punching bags for the Sports Entertainers

sorry if this has been said already or posted....

but wasn`t there a report on here saying wwe wanted tommy dreamer back or that he was offered some kind of light deal?

Are you sure it didn't say "light meal?" Tommy was looking a little pudgy last I saw of him.

He wouldn't have been a bad choice for this year's HoF, honestly, considering the venue. But other than a token, filler-spot HoF induction or the occasional cameo, I can't see much room for Dreamer in WWE in-front of the camera. Maybe they never came to terms on a role or on money or something. It's been known to happen.

If WWE brought back Tommy Dreamer, I think it'd be more along the lines of working as a trainer or something in NXT. Dreamer's appearance a while back was probably just something along the lines of a one time thing.

The only thing WWE would use Dreamer for if he was on the main roster as a wrestler would be to elevate talent, and rightly so. Dreamer's best days, if you can call them that, died along with ECW.

Probly DVD interviews and jobbers from his school to come in when WWE is in town. Dreamer used to be the guy that booked the "enhancement guys" for the North East when he worked in WWE. He would call his buddies Rob Feinstien and Gabe Sabpolsky and get ROH guys, I have heard RF and Gabe talk about it.

Tommy Dreamer has no real business being back in the WWE. He accomplished all of his goals representing ECW. He had some good matches on the ECW brand. Hell, he had some good hardcore matches when he WAS on the main WWE roster back around 2001-2002. I still remember some of those matches. As a longtime ECW fan, I have always loved his matches in the original ECW as well. He's just an overall entertaining performer. But, there's nothing for him to do in the WWE now. There's no ECW brand. He could of course be used as enhancement talent, but that doesn't accomplish much for him or his opponent. Plus, he shines best in hardcore matches, so without that would kind of be meaningless. A onetime appearance by him every now and then is fine with me.

I am a HUGE Dreamer mark. He notorious for not wanting to be a huge star and win titles. He has stated many times that he was just happy of living his dream. I know both Paul and Vince respect his loyalty to his job and fellow co workers. I do feel he left in unfortunate by still respectful manner and supposedly he was just back for a one night deal.

I don't think he was ever going to be re-signed as a full-time member of the roster. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the odd appearance here and there as he is still on good terms with the company.

He would be useful to have as a trainer, booker or doing some work backstage for the company, with the odd appearance putting over new talent or taking a new guy's finishing move etc. It was a nice surprise seeing The Innovator of Violence, but I doubt we will see him again for a while, if ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back