Where will they go?

Hazardous

parental discretion advised
So the reason this is in the WWE section, is because I am only referring to WWE superstars of the present. Where will they go after their in-ring career is done? Not everyone can be Hogan or Flair and wrestle forever.

We've seen Jesse the Body go into politics, The Rock and Austin go into Hollywood. So where do you see the stars of today go?
I'll give my list.

John Cena: I see Cena working within the WWE after. The guy (hate him or love him) has a great sense for the business. I see him going on to work within the company.

Kane: I believe politics are in his future. As odd as that sounds, Kane is a VERY smart man, and has shown his political passion in the past. He use to host 2 different political podcasts. I know I wouldn't want to run against the guy.

Nice and short, thought I'd leave it open and not use them all up. So where do you see your favorite stars (or least favorite?) going after they are done in the ring?

I would imagine most superstars today will probably be involved in some other form of "entertainment" once they leave WWE. Like Lillian Garcia for instance, I think she is doing voice overs and has a CD out now. I look for Cena to be another Rock. He is already working the movie screens over now. Probably most divas that leave stick with modeling gigs. Jericho has his band. One growing trend that I'm noticing is that I think you will see most Wrestling superstars of today leave wrestling behind them once they leave WWE. The Rock for instance, yeah he has been in some physical movies but no wrestling. Which will be a switch compared to wrestling legends of yesteryear. Harley Race I think has a wrestling school or some kind of promotion in the South. Ric Flair hasn't really retired yet. Hogan and Eric Biscoff are still involved in wrestling promotions. I think there is a major difference between wrestling stars today and wrestling stars of yesterday. Wrestling stars of today just use the craft of wrestling to increase their career opportunities elsewhere whereas you used to have a bunch of drunk, sex driven Rowdy Pipers who barely had the money to survive every week.

Mike

Great topic first of all.

I competely agree with your Kane statement. He has been very vocal about his political views in the past.

Cena: Movies and music of course.

The Undertaker: The obvious, he'll open a bike shop.

Jericho: Fozzy of course.

Bourne: I see some stunt work in his future.

Khali: Acting

Regal: I see him opening a wrestling school in England

Show: Acting

Looking at the rest of the roster, Most of them will just drop to normal everyday jobs imo.

I think what Mike said is true.

You have Professional Wrestlers from the 80s who are still in the wrestling business in some way shape or form whether it is wrestling matches or simply doing backstage work with the younger talent or in the business half of things. And Mike brought up a great example of Harley Race's Wrestling Academy and Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair both being involved in the wrestling business. Dean Malenko is an Executive Producer for the WWE. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat is involved with backstage (I believe correct me if I am wrong).

Wrestlers of our generation are more likely to just use wrestling as a way to get exposed for more career opportunities in the future for example; The Rock (Movies), Stone Cold (Movies), Trish Stratus (Modeling/TV Show/Workout Program), Brock Lesnar (UFC), Bobby Lashley (MMA). And this also answers your question as well; John Cena (Movies), Chris Jericho (Music/Hosting TV Shows), Kane possibly will go to Politics since he said it is in his interest to do so, Triple H already has a spot after he retires from the ring working under Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels just left completely doing what he wanted which is take care of his wife and kids, Finlay will work behind the scenes (like he did before he became an In-Ring competitor), and Undertaker will most likely be working behind the scenes as well, and most of the divas will pursue music, modeling, movies, or etc.

I think what Mike said is really interesting to say the least because I never thought about that. Wrestling back then to guys like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair was their life and it was in their blood. They want to continue to evolve the wrestling business and do whatever they can to keep the art of Professional Wrestling going through generation to generation. These guys will most likely (God forbid) will die in the wrestling business. While guys like The Rock only used wrestling to get where he wanted to be which was movies. I think this shows exactly who were the more dedicated to the Professional Wrestling business and shows exactly what Professional Wrestling to these guys means to our generation compared to the last generation. It was more of a lifestyle to them than it is to us.

I think what Mike said is really interesting to say the least because I never thought about that. Wrestling back then to guys like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair was their life and it was in their blood. They want to continue to evolve the wrestling business and do whatever they can to keep the art of Professional Wrestling going through generation to generation. These guys will most likely (God forbid) will die in the wrestling business. While guys like The Rock only used wrestling to get where he wanted to be which was movies. I think this shows exactly who were the more dedicated to the Professional Wrestling business and shows exactly what Professional Wrestling to these guys means to our generation compared to the last generation. It was more of a lifestyle to them than it is to us.

I agreed with you on everything up until the bolded part. Have you ever read the Rock's autobiography? No where in it did he say "I wanted to be in movies, so went in wrestling to do it" In fact he wanted to play football. He went into wrestling because it was in his blood. He grew up around it. It just seemed the right thing to do. Wrestling, mainly the WWE, just opened that door to him, and made that possible. Rock and Austin had done all they wanted in wrestling, and moved on. I for one would rather that, then them be crippled old men who have no business in a wrestling ring anymore. Ever see the movie the Wrestler? Perfect description of it actually. Some people do it past their prime because it's all they know, and CAN'T do anything else. I was more referring to the guys who can, and will go on to other things in life, off screen. I do agree with most of those picks though.

Kane has appared on Fox News before and has his own radio program where he talks politics as Citizen X

Yeah I know, I've always been intrigued by this. Totally caught me off guard the first time I saw that. He just does not look like the typical republican. Would love to see where his political ambitions take him

I do find it rather interesting that most superstars today are turning off wrestling all together. It seems like once they are done, they are done. One would think that the Rock would come back and be involved in some sort of role or angle in WWE programming. Maybe that day will come. But it hasn't happend yet. Stone Cold Steve Austin is another. I would have thought he would have shown up at Raw's 900th episode. Sunny is another one who has done work in various wrestling promotions and made one appearance on Raw's 15th anniversary special. I think Hillbilly Jim still does some work on the side for WWE.

It does really make one wonder what would Vince McMahon Sr. think of what Jr. has done with the wrestling business?

Well, I know at one point in his career he was dedicated to the wrestling business, but right now that is what it seems like that he just used the wrestling business to get to movies. Honestly, he has not paid us back in any way shape or form (except for a couple of video packages). He said he was going to work with the WWE and etc, but that never happened. He never even looked back after he went to movies which explains my point. Wrestlers of this generation are most likely using wrestling as a way of exposure than actually enjoying the actual art like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, and the rest of the guys from the 80s did. That is what I am saying.

i think:

kane: same as everyone is saying. he said that thats what he is going to do.

cena: movies. he already started.

rey: go back to mexico or say at home with his kids and wife.

jericho: music. he has his band.

taker: bike shop. he already makes bikes

I think we'll see a number of current stars like Christian, Matt Hardy and others. As agents/producers like Arn Anderson and Ricky Steamboat are doing now. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Orton having a backstage role after wrestling as well.

With HHH being an executive and most likely him and Stephanie running the company one day. I'm sure those close to him will have major positions in WWE. I'm sure Undertaker will have a job for life in WWE in some capacity.

Like others have said Kane will probably try his hand in politics. If that doesn't work I think his long tenure with WWE will secure him some sort of job with them as well.

Cena will probably do movies, but always be a part of WWE. He would look like a total hypocrite if he left for Hollywood and never came back. Since he always blast The Rock for doing that in his opinion.

John Cena: I see Cena working within the WWE after. The guy (hate him or love him) has a great sense for the business. I see him going on to work within the company.

I can too, and I mean Hogan is still wrestling, I could see Cena doing some occasional stuff, but working within the company may very well happen.

Kane: I believe politics are in his future. As odd as that sounds, Kane is a VERY smart man, and has shown his political passion in the past. He use to host 2 different political podcasts. I know I wouldn't want to run against the guy.

I can only hope so, hes a lot smarter than most of the politicians in Washington. Plus we agree on most things.

Nice and short, thought I'd leave it open and not use them all up. So where do you see your favorite stars (or least favorite?) going after they are done in the ring?

I know Undertaker opened up a Real Estate agency so he will be doing that. I would always like to see him come back for an occasional match, but that might damage the character as he'll be old by then.

I think a lot of them will honestly not be in WWE by then but still wrestling. A lot of wrestlers end up wrestling because they arent fiscally responsible and spend everything they earn or just dont save/properly invest it. So I can picture most of them doing just that, if not jumping ship when they get older to a company thats around at that time.

Cena: Definitely has a future in movies if he chooses to dedicate himself full time to Hollywood, much like Rock and Austin currently are doing.

Kane: Politics. He ain't no stupid fool and Kane knows a thing or two about how things work in America. I could see him going into politics or landing a job on one of the political news stations as an analyst.

Undertaker: Like Fury said he just invested in a real estate company with a buddy of his and that is definitely his future. Imagine buying a house from the Deadman. Would be pretty awesome if you asked me.

Jericho: We all know Jericho has Fozzy, but I can see him landing some acting gigs or some sort of television host.

Miz: Kid has a future in Hollywood. He is charismatic, entertaining, and a good talker. His future outside of wrestling will certainly be filled with glitz and glamor. Hosting TV shows, acting, maybe some more reality TV, etc...

Big Show: He is a funny dude, so a possible stand up career could be had. Though I think he'll end up as an actor in comedies or as an enforcer of sorts. Same goes with Khali (on the acting part, not stand up).

I think guys like Cena, Orton, Jericho, Edge and Big Show will all move into the entertainment industry, TV or movies etc.
I agree with another poster that a raft of the other guys, for instance, Regal, Hardy, Chavo etc will move into agent roles.
I think Kelly Kelly will go into entertainment as well, if she gets a bit part roles, I can't see her becoming the Fabulous Moolah.
The Miz is someone I see having a flair-esque career. Not in terms of accolades and status (sweet ice cream on an ice cream sandwich no - thanks Rock), but rather in terms of longevity. He has worked so hard to get where he is now, I feel even when it does come time to hang up his awesome, he will still hang around, doing guest bits, managing people lacking charisma and vocabulary, and generally being of those guys who years from now you think, "Is he still going?!"

I would imagine most superstars today will probably be involved in some other form of "entertainment" once they leave WWE.

I'm sure many of them would like to be in entertainment but few will get the opportunity. To address this question properly, it would be useful to know what many of the ex-employees actually are doing.

For example, Perry Saturn. He was "missing" for several years. He had to be doing something to pay his rent, right? It's not as if he was a jobber, either. He was a moderately successful performer for a lot of years. Someone said he was loading trucks (kind of like Randy "The Ram" Robinson) and there are probably more ex-wrestlers doing that kind of thing than those who attain high-profile careers after they're done wrestling.

Of course, some guys are able to catch on as road agents and scouts, etc. We hear about them because they're mentioned by WWE and occasionally make on-screen appearances as "legends."

But what about guys like Tito Santana, Johnny Rodz, Ken Patera, Bob Backlund, Nikolai Volkoff.....and a million other wrestlers you knew but stopped thinking about once they left the company. What are they doing to earn a living? Did you ever wonder?

Some performers have made so much money they can retire early, but I doubt there are many of them. Even Hulk Hogan, who probably made more money than anyone, still has money problems. But he's the exception......and everyone else is the rule. They've got to go to work.

Of course, there's the Miz. Here's how I see him in 10 years:

miza.jpg

Of course, there's the Miz. Here's how I see him in 10 years:

miza.jpg

HA!! Good stuff my man!

Well Kane has a Master's in Literature and is an articulate man. He will definitely be heading to a Senate seat near you.

Jericho, loves his music but no doubt he will also look into anyway he can get into Hollywood. He is one Talented Motherf*****!!

Here's one I'd like a discussion on
Randy Orton

I see him trying his way into movies but I don't see him succeeding. He will possibly do a Ric Flair and stick around forever.

William Regal: I can see him opening a wrestling school in England, I think he'll move back to England even if he doesn't open a wrestling school.

Undertaker: He'll probably stick with the real estate company that he's recently invested in.

Triple H: I can see him and Stephanie running the company, I'm looking forward to see what they do with the company.

Jericho: He obviously has his band and I think he'll do some more game shows maybe some movies as well.

It's an interesting thought. Who will retire completely like Shawn Michaels? Who will carry on for what seems like forever like Ric Flair? Who will stay with WWE backstage and who will go into the wider world of entertainment.

John Cena: The man lives and breathes WWE. And when he finishes wrestling he will have a future there. Even if he primarily sticks to movies, he will most likely be a WWE Ambassador like Steve Austin is.

Chris Jericho: Well he's got Fozzy but no band lasts forever. Personally, I think he will be will suited to an announcing job. Have you ever heard him on commentary? He is as entertaining as hell.

Triple H: A full-time executive job. He's already got one but when he hangs up his boots, I'm sure the role will only get bigger.

William Regal: My understanding is that he already trains wrestlers part-time so I won't be surprised if he takes it up fully. Whether that is with WWE or in England.

I produced my answer through what I know and what I can deduce. I could be completely wrong. Hell, I probably am completely wrong.

First off it is still a little early to say anything about HBK being completely gone.... I doubt he will be able to avoid wrestling for life. Once his Kids are teenagers, or he gets bored, you will see him with WWE in some aspect. That man is notorious for not being able to ditch the itch.

Randy Orton is wrestling through and through. he may do a movie here and there, but I expect him to go as long as his body allows. after that, Def. some sort of backstage/commentating type role.

The Miz: I see him being a shock to everyone. as someone els noted before, he amy be the guy who sticks around for a good long while.

Same goes for Ted, I think once he finds his Niche, he will surprise alot of people.

CM Punk has a wrestling school in his future, but he def. has another 10-15 years left in the tank.

Regal will be doing something similar to Finaly

Goldust will be around forever. not in a wrestling role but definitely as some sort of trainer, the guy has alot to offer.

Cena is a tricky one. He has alot left in his tank, and I see him being the Undertaker kind of guy where he will be around for a great long while. Its something a blind person can see, that even tho he lacks in the ring, he will be a long time mainstay and end up in corporate.

Chris Jericho's options are pretty limitless. If he gets out in the next few years he can be a rock star until he gets too old or too rich and quits. He can work anywhere in the entertainment business. He could hosts TV shows, act in movies, or just stay working in the wrestling business. He would make one of the best wrestling trainers in history. Let Jericho start his own dungeon...that would be awesome.

John Cena is gonna stay in the industry for a long time, unless something stupid and political happens and he is forced to leave, or starts hating his job. I don't think that's really an issue though... As long as Cena doesn't screw Cena, he's gonna be around for a LONG time.

Kane is brilliant. He plays a big dumb giant on TV, but he's the smartest man in the WWE. He's got a great political mind, and I could see him doing something with that. I could also see him writing a few books and maybe having some sort of CNN-type of show.

Undertaker is more than likely going to kick back and live with his super hot wife with the millions of dollars he's compiled over the years. He'll probably do something with motorcycles in his free time, maybe own a bike company or something. The guy could do nothing though, and be just fine.

Miz will probably work in reality TV...oh wait...nevermind.

Cena is gonna be involved in some low-budget action films.You may laugh at this but i can see him be on other kind of TV shows knowing his showmanship and humor.

Kane will be involved with politics.

Jericho has a rock band so he has enough to do.

Undertaker : Will be free in his 5-6 first years of retirement , then he may start a wrestling or even mma school.

HHH : We all know he won't leave WWE forever.He will become CEO lol.

Big Show : can do TV shows for kids , can also devotes himself to acting which i'm sure he can be successful at.

Edge : He's kinda hero in Canada.He can go back there an do whatever he wants.I don't know why but i think he will be busy with foods and restaurants.

Rey Mysterio : I can't imagine him doing anything expect teaching wrestling and getting injured.

Randy Orton : I think he must join army.

Miz : Definitely he will be on TV for years.I think he has no ability except running his mouth so he will make a good entertainer in TV.

Zack Ryder : He must go after becoming president of USA.

Now I am a little interested at a few of your picks, and would like you to explain them a little more, as you really didn't do much of it in your post.

Edge : He's kinda hero in Canada.He can go back there an do whatever he wants.I don't know why but i think he will be busy with foods and restaurants.
Now This is first. I am Canadian, and by no means see Edge as a "Hero" here. Hell even the great Roddy Piper is not seen as a "Hero" here. So just a little intrigued by this answer. If you could explain a little more.

Randy Orton : I think he must join army.
This is the other one I'm wondering about. You're aware he was already a member before going into wresting right? Could you please explain this pick a little so I know what to think of it.

For Edge : When i said "hero" , I definitely didn't mean Bret Hart kind of hero.I've never been in Canda but based on reports I know that he is over there and i think he's over enough to have a successful restaurant!Not that big a deal.

For Orton : I really didn't know he used to be in army.I just have seen some photos on his twitter account which was about the collection of replica guns he have and he seems to be very interested in guns and armors.Plus , his super haircuts reminds me Army members so I thought he may want to become a member.

I didn't answer that serious so take it easy.

Well as for many of these stars like Matt Hardy, Miz, William Regal, Mark Henry, Edge Christian and Ryder would be freaking perfect for colour commentary roles. Other stars such as Chavo Guerrero or Undertaker would be perfect in trainer roles and agents. Some superstars could even hold executive roles such as HHH already has.

John Cena - He has his acting career so it looks like he will be going the same path as The Rock or Steve Austin. I would think he will get on just fine but will probably neer be a big deal.

Chris Jericho - He has his band so he should get on well and focus on that if it's still alive and well. If he sets his mind to it he could be quite recognizable in the music industry.

Undertaker - As i stated above, A future in the company as an agent or trainer seems apparent for him due to his loyalty to the WWE.

Great Khali - Who goes a shit.

For Edge : When i said "hero" , I definitely didn't mean Bret Hart kind of hero.I've never been in Canda but based on reports I know that he is over there and i think he's over enough to have a successful restaurant!Not that big a deal.
Well the only reason I brought this one up is yes, he may get a bunch of cheers. But then again, almost all Canadian's get cheered here. Heel or Face. But he is by no means a hero here. On the list of top 5 "Favorite Canadians" he's not on it.

For Orton : I really didn't know he used to be in army.I just have seen some photos on his twitter account which was about the collection of replica guns he have and he seems to be very interested in guns and armors.Plus , his super haircuts reminds me Army members so I thought he may want to become a member.
I didn't answer that serious so take it easy.
Yeah I know you didn't, just was wondering why you said the Orton one. Wasn't sure if it was a shot at his former record or not. But since you didn't know, I'll fill you in. He was Dishonorably discharged for going AWOL twice, and disobeying orders from a C.O (commanding officer). He was tried, and convicted. Spent 38 days in a Military Prison (one of the worst places on earth to go). So no, I don't think he'd be allowed to go back at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back