Where does Daniel Bryan rank among the best in ring workers EVER

Jerichoholic1

Dark Match Winner
After tonight's match against Seth Rollins, I got to thinking....this guy is pretty special. His in ring ability is over the top. His mic skills are slightly above average, but does he really need it? I am not a "yes!" chanting fan, but I have to give respect where respect is due. D.B. is one of the best in ring workers that I have seen in a long time. I remember watching the macho man vs. steamboat, I remember watching Curt Henning vs. Bret Hart....now, to say that seth rollins vs. daniel bryan was on that level is a bit of an over statement, but this was monday night raw. Not summerslam, not wrestlemania....just a weekly installment of a tv show......and wow! What a match! So the question that I pose to all of you old school fans like me, and all of you newer fans is: Where does Daniel Bryan rank among the all time in ring performers that you have seen? I will give you my top 5. #1 Ric Flair, #2 Bret Hart, #3 Curt Henning, #4 Chris Jericho #5 ricky steamboat....I would say right now daniel bryan is a strong number 7 (after HBK)

I agree. D Bry is an amazing worker. Only thing I have to say is how badly WWE screwed up tonight in having the camera on the audience when Bryan hit the running knee on Rollins to win the match. People have clamored for months for him to have a pinning finisher and after he beat Cena with it, this is obviously it. So for them to not even show him hitting it is a big mistake.

I'd put him somewhere around the #15 spot. He's good. Hell, he's REALLY good, but he's also REALLY overrated. He's not as good as everyone says he is, and I've seen almost all his work. Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, CM Punk, Kurt Angle, William Regal, Dolph Ziggler, Nick Bockwinkel...there are just so many guys that are so much better than him.

He is in my top 10 that is a for sure. He is one of those "can have a great match with a broom stick" guys that come along not too often. The one thing that pleases me about this run he has been given is it is well deserved. Bryan Danielson is a main event wrestler, and should be nowhere less than that. His days of jobbing to mid card garbage seem to be over.

I'd put him somewhere around the #15 spot. He's good. Hell, he's REALLY good, but he's also REALLY overrated. He's not as good as everyone says he is, and I've seen almost all his work. Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, CM Punk, Kurt Angle, William Regal, Dolph Ziggler, Nick Bockwinkel...there are just so many guys that are so much better than him.

You lose credibility for half the names you listed there. Ziggler way better than him, please. Selling doesn't equal great worker.

not in the top 100.

i love DB and he is a great worker, but he has to yet to work any kind of headlining main events that would put him above...anyone.

to me, this is almost as dumb as people who think hes as over as hogan or the rock.

You lose credibility for half the names you listed there. Ziggler way better than him, please. Selling doesn't equal great worker.

You say "half", and yet name one. Who else would you disagree with? I would say any of the names I mentioned (and I know I left out quite a few, Ric Flair and Bret Hart among them) could outwrestle him any day of the week. Ziggler I'll concede is not as good a technical wrestler as Bryan, but overall I feel he is still a superior in-ring performer.

Bockwinkle was a great in ring performer, but have you ever watched any of his matches? A lot of them were booooring. There is a difference between amateur college wrestling and entertaining, pro wrestling. Different skill set all together. The same goes for regal. I have a lot of respect for the guy, but his matches were always too technical (Ground game). Now, a lot of you are going to judge me for saying "too technical" but you know I am right. I have a lot of respect for those guys, I forgot about angle...he is the man. You know what I am saying though. Daniel Bryan, along with punk have outstanding PRO WRESTLING abilities. exciting to watch, different skill sets (although punk seems to be falling into the "5 moves of doom" set lately....great matches every time. Bryan has his own flare. He is different than any in ring guy that I have seen.

It is a special worker who can make technical wrestling exciting. I have to admit that I often found Bret Harts stuff a little boring. Only as I learned more about how Bret made his opponents look great did I truly appreciate his work. Bryan is just exciting all the time. I suppose Dean Malenko would be another small technically skillful and exciting wrestler in wwe.

considering pro wrestling goes back to Abraham Lincoln days, EVER is a strong word. However, I am a huge D-bry mark, partly because HBK trained him and he is my favorite of all time. I also respect William Regal, who also trained him. There were great wrestlers in the 50's and 60's but lets be honest, wrestling was different back then, and a lot were borefests. ALL TIME, he is somewhere in my top 10, currently he is number 1 in my top 3. He doesn't have the title but he is the best in the world currently.

Tonight's match did not do him justice though. It felt like he was going through the motions.. yes kicks, punch, surfboard, suicide dive... it wasn't until Seth Rollins started taking great bumps that the match picked up steam...I wish they would have gave the match atleast 10 more minutes then they did. As you kind of stated, Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins might be the next Shawn vs. Bret, Rock vs. Austin, Cena vs. Orton in the next 5 years.

why are we trying to rank a guy that's just now getting the biggest push of his career. Let the guy work a while before we start ranking him.

Here's my list in no particular order: Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Ricky Steamboat, Curt Henning, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Triple H, Randy Savage, Owen Hart, AJ Styles (I'm sorry, but he HAS to be included...he's proven it for an extended period)...and that's all of them off the top of my head. I'm certain I'm forgetting someone, but he's at least in my top 15. And I'm not a huge fan, but he really is good.

considering pro wrestling goes back to Abraham Lincoln days, EVER is a strong word. However, I am a huge D-bry mark, partly because HBK trained him and he is my favorite of all time. I also respect William Regal, who also trained him. There were great wrestlers in the 50's and 60's but lets be honest, wrestling was different back then, and a lot were borefests. ALL TIME, he is somewhere in my top 10, currently he is number 1 in my top 3. He doesn't have the title but he is the best in the world currently.

That is one of the worst paragraphs EVER...and that is saying a lot considering the fools on this forum. Oh, and the fact that paragraphs go back to BEFORE Abraham Lincoln. Do you really think that is a clever or relevant fact? No, you don't because IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT you replace "ever" with "all time" and go on with your nonsense. This isn't rhetorical, I am truly asking, "Are you kidding??".

Then, you say "he is somewhere in my top 10, currently he is number 1 in my top 3." If he is number 1 in your top 3, guess what! He is number 1 in your top 10 too. Holy shit. If I had a brain like yours, I would be so embarrassed, I would hide it from everyone I could. Conversely, you decide to show it off to anyone with interent access...and a severe case of boredom, hence being on this post.

Since I have said case of boredom, I will ignore your dross and continue...

I don't rank people, I just enjoy watching truly gifted performers. So, I will say that Bryan is one of those special performers that I look forward to watching. Bret, Angle, Steamboat...always looked forward to their matches and Bryan, albeit also because of the storyline involved, is now someone I look forward to watching. Also, from watching Total Divas, he seems like a pretty good guy too. I usually root for good people rather than wrestlers, baseball players, etc. who put up bigger numbers or stats but have weak character.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate threads like these. You guys have to let people have a career before you start labeling them as greats. Daniel Bryan is at the beginning of his first main event push and we are already discussing legendary status. Let the guy actually main event a Mania or hold the belt before we do threads like these.

DB isn't even on my list yet because he hasn't done anything to deserve to be on it. I have a top 15 in no particular order...Angle, Hart, HBK, Benoit, Jericho, Steamboat, Savage, Benoit, HHH, Malenko, Eddie, Mysterio, Mr Perfect, Ric Flair, Taker

Putting DB on any list next to HBK and Savage is an insult to there great careers

I love DB but fans on here like to call everyone that starts getting a crowd reaction the next HBK

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate threads like these. You guys have to let people have a career before you start labeling them as greats. Daniel Bryan is at the beginning of his first main event push and we are already discussing legendary status. Let the guy actually main event a Mania or hold the belt before we do threads like these.

DB isn't even on my list yet because he hasn't done anything to deserve to be on it. I have a top 15 in no particular order...Angle, Hart, HBK, Benoit, Jericho, Steamboat, Savage, Benoit, HHH, Malenko, Eddie, Mysterio, Mr Perfect, Ric Flair, Taker

Putting DB on any list next to HBK and Savage is an insult to there great careers

I love DB but fans on here like to call everyone that starts getting a crowd reaction the next HBK

Maybe the fact that you hate threads like this is because you REALLY REALLY REALLY can't read. Legendary status? The OP asked a very specific question about Bryan's in-ring work. He in no way asked where he stands as far as legends go. Nice inclusion of Taker to prove my point. He is surely the epitome of a ring technician, if ever there was one. Idiot.

Putting him in a list with HBK and Savage is not an insult to THEIR careers because THEIR careers have nothing to do with the opinion of Bryan's in-ring work.

Why did you respond---hell, why did you OPEN a thread that you hate so much? The point was clear (to those with comprehension skills) in the title of the post. You chose to read a post that you knew you'd hate and then chimed in with nothing but spelling errors and nonsensical follow-up points.

If Bryan debuted last night and people came on here comparing him to Steamboat, HBK or Malenko, then you would have every right to bash them. But, Bryan has more than enough of a resume to be judged on his in-ring abilities...which is what the OP asked about.

Go outside and enjoy your summer break. Based on your reading and writing skills, I believe 3rd grade starts for you next week. Good luck in school and in life...you'll need it.

Maybe the fact that you hate threads like this is because you REALLY REALLY REALLY can't read. Legendary status? The OP asked a very specific question about Bryan's in-ring work. He in no way asked where he stands as far as legends go. Nice inclusion of Taker to prove my point. He is surely the epitome of a ring technician, if ever there was one. Idiot.

Putting him in a list with HBK and Savage is not an insult to THEIR careers because THEIR careers have nothing to do with the opinion of Bryan's in-ring work.

Why did you respond---hell, why did you OPEN a thread that you hate so much? The point was clear (to those with comprehension skills) in the title of the post. You chose to read a post that you knew you'd hate and then chimed in with nothing but spelling errors and nonsensical follow-up points.

If Bryan debuted last night and people came on here comparing him to Steamboat, HBK or Malenko, then you would have every right to bash them. But, Bryan has more than enough of a resume to be judged on his in-ring abilities...which is what the OP asked about.

Go outside and enjoy your summer break. Based on your reading and writing skills, I believe 3rd grade starts for you next week. Good luck in school and in life...you'll need it.
HAHA I have a 3.9 gpa and will be in nursing school next semester but ok if you think im dumb... There is a time and place for spell check and correcting grammar errors and this in not one of them. I didn't know I had to write an essay on a wrestling forum Sorry. Do you have a 3.9? and yes this is true and yes I can prove this. BTW im 23 and fall semester started 2 weeks ago you IDIOT

WTF is a technician...You fat boys sit behind a keyboard and type nonsense...either you put on good matches or you don't. This technician crap is dumb.. Taker puts on better matches than DB, Taker has had the best match at WrestleMania at least five times. WTF has DB done. You people glorify guys that use a lot of submission moves and try to act like that is something special. HBK is the best wrestler as far as putting on matches ever and DB isn't even on the list. The guy hasn't even had as many great matches as Cena. Go wrestle and then you can speak on the topic. Ask a wrestler what a technician is and they will tell you a completely different definition than what the IWC generally defines it as. A technician just means that you have good technique and can keep wrestlers safe. It has nothing to do with throwing kicks, submissions, or amateur wrestling. CM Punk is a terrible technician yet people on here glorify his wrestling skills.

Why did I respond? I answered the question. He doesn't rank on my list

I mentioned legendary status because the rest of the list consist of all legends. Being a top 10 in ring performer of all time would make you a legend. Do you not agree with that statement ?

You asked me why did I respond yet you didn't even answer the question

being a good ring technician doesn't mean you put on good matches...Randy Orton is a great ring tech...his moves are flawless but his matches are usually boring as hell, same with Alberto Del Rio. CM Punk is a terrible technician his moves are sloppy, usually look unsafe, botches constantly, but he is a great story teller and puts on good matches.

Id put Taker, Punk, HHH, Austin, and Mick Foley's story telling over DB's technician skills

HAHA I have a 3.9 gpa and will be in nursing school next semester but ok if you think im dumb... There is a time and place for spell check and correcting grammar errors and this in not one of them. I didn't know I had to write an essay on a wrestling forum Sorry. Do you have a 3.9? and yes this is true and yes I can prove this. BTW im 23 and fall semester started 2 weeks ago you IDIOT

WTF is a technician...You fat boys sit behind a keyboard and type nonsense...either you put on good matches or you don't. This technician crap is dumb.. Taker puts on better matches than DB, Taker has had the best match at WrestleMania at least five times. WTF has DB done. You people glorify guys that use a lot of submission moves and try to act like that is something special. HBK is the best wrestler as far as putting on matches ever and DB isn't even on the list. The guy hasn't even had as many great matches as Cena. Go wrestle and then you can speak on the topic. Ask a wrestler what a technician is and they will tell you a completely different definition than what the IWC generally defines it as. A technician just means that you have good technique and can keep wrestlers safe. It has nothing to do with throwing kicks, submissions, or amateur wrestling. CM Punk is a terrible technician yet people on here glorify his wrestling skills.

Why did I respond? I answered the question. He doesn't rank on my list

I mentioned legendary status because the rest of the list consist of all legends. Being a top 10 in ring performer of all time would make you a legend. Do you not agree with that statement ?

You asked me why did I respond yet you didn't even answer the question

being a good ring technician doesn't mean you put on good matches...Randy Orton is a great ring tech...his moves are flawless but his matches are usually boring as hell, same with Alberto Del Rio. CM Punk is a terrible technician his moves are sloppy, usually look unsafe, botches constantly, but he is a great story teller and puts on good matches.

Id put Taker, Punk, HHH, Austin, and Mick Foley's story telling over DB's technician skills

Listen, nurse. There is a time and place for many things. Correctly spelling words that a 3.9 student should have known the difference between by the time he finished elementary school does not require a proper setting...the setting should be "Always". Did you seriously offer to prove your GPA to me? It's ok, I would probably believe you if I gave a shit. I can't wait until you see what a GPA does for you in real life... But in the meantime, let's talk wrestling.

This--the forum we are posting on-- IS the IWC, dipshit. Given the arena, I used terms that fit. The OP's question, though perhaps not in a literal definition-by-word sense, clearly was referring to the wrestling aspect of Daniel Bryan, the superstar. Undertaker has clearly had a better career and more meaningful and exciting matches. That is an unnecessary point to make...not only because it is obvious, but because it does not apply to this particular conversation.

Great point about CM Punk! I'm not sure why it was brought up, since I didn't mention him..but stellar nonetheless. Mick Foley's storytelling??! WHO ASKED?!

There are many parts of a superstar that make one a legend. This IWC--again, of which you are a member--often separates traits like ring work, mic skills, or a more generalized "it factor" when comparing superstars of different generations or of the same era. Daniel Bryan's WRESTLING is the topic of this post. Daniel Bryan's mic skills are NOT the topic of this post. Do you see the difference?

Good luck in nursing school. And congratulations on the 3.9 GPA. I'm sure it was well worth the money it cost you to eventually enter a field for which you do not require a college degree. I guess some things you don't learn from books...

Listen, nurse. There is a time and place for many things. Correctly spelling words that a 3.9 student should have known the difference between by the time he finished elementary school does not require a proper setting...the setting should be "Always". Did you seriously offer to prove your GPA to me? It's ok, I would probably believe you if I gave a shit. I can't wait until you see what a GPA does for you in real life... But in the meantime, let's talk wrestling.

This--the forum we are posting on-- IS the IWC, dipshit. Given the arena, I used terms that fit. The OP's question, though perhaps not in a literal definition-by-word sense, clearly was referring to the wrestling aspect of Daniel Bryan, the superstar. Undertaker has clearly had a better career and more meaningful and exciting matches. That is an unnecessary point to make...not only because it is obvious, but because it does not apply to this particular conversation.

Great point about CM Punk! I'm not sure why it was brought up, since I didn't mention him..but stellar nonetheless. Mick Foley's storytelling??! WHO ASKED?!

There are many parts of a superstar that make one a legend. This IWC--again, of which you are a member--often separates traits like ring work, mic skills, or a more generalized "it factor" when comparing superstars of different generations or of the same era. Daniel Bryan's WRESTLING is the topic of this post. Daniel Bryan's mic skills are NOT the topic of this post. Do you see the difference?

Good luck in nursing school. And congratulations on the 3.9 GPA. I'm sure it was well worth the money it cost you to eventually enter a field for which you do not require a college degree. I guess some things you don't learn from books...

first off you need at least an associates degree to become an RN. I don't know where you live but there are no rn's without a college degree. A 3.9 will get me into just about any college I want to attend. I was in the military for four years so my college education is paid for by the government. My aunt in an RN that makes 80 grand a year, I don't understand why you are acting like nursing is equal to working at wal mart or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back