When will they retire?

DirtSheet

Occasional Pre-Show
Now some of you might look at this as a pointless thread but anyway

The question is when do you these top 10 superstars in WWE today will retire?
1. John Cena
2. Randy Orton
3. Wade Barrett
4. Sheamus
5. Rey Mysterio
6. The Miz
7. CM Punk
8. Edge
9. Alberto Del Rioo
10. Daniel Bryan

The reason I didn't put HHH/Y2J/Undertaker is because I think they'll be retiring soon enough but the reason for this is that these superstars are being groomed to take over in the next few years and I just wanted your opinion on how long they have left in the ring. I'll start

John Cena: Well this is interesting because he could leave tomorrow and still make loads on TV/Movie ala The Rock but two things are stopping him
1) His love for the business. Its clear Cena worked tough to get where he is today and I don't think he'd throw it all away in quick succession. I mean we've heard all about Cena wrestling as a kid and he is living his dream
2) After calling The Rock a sell out for leaving WWE for the TV industry it would make Cena out tooo be very hypocritical if he was to do the same as The Rock

Also, I expect Cena to be around for another 5 years due to long-term neck injuries. Apparently he has a few injuries at the mo and this will take its toll

Randy Orton: I think this is the most interesting one as he's been in the business for over 7 years and is in his prime. He is getting loud pops wherever he goes and is only 30 BUT he has had neck injuries & shoulder injuries before. He also said he doesn't want to go past 40 because of his daughter so Im thinking that Orton retires after his contract is over in 10 years. I am a big fan of RKO so it would be emotional seeing him leave but if we can get 10 years out of RKO then it would be pleasantly surprising with his injuries that he has.

Wade Barrett & Sheamus: The reason I'm including these two together is their both yet to reach their prime, both from England & Ireland respectively, both on the right side of 30, both top heels, both built up as future champs and both without a injury to talk about. I know Barrett was out for a while in FCW but I'm not sure why though. Anyway IMO these two are THE future of the heel side of the WWE and won't retire for over 10 years

Rey Mysterio: Mysterio is only 35 and when he won his first title he was 30. But he has been around for a while and is very limited. He's like a better Taker in that he shows up but unusually fights and SD! have to protect him so they can finish the feud with Alberto Del Rioo. I think Mysterio has two years in him before he retires

The Miz & Alberto Del Rio: I'm putting these together because their both being built up very well and one is a champ and the other will be champ and was used to promote Royal Rumble so that shows that the WWE has faith in these two wrestlers. I can see both sticking around for 15 years as neither have had an injury that could shorten their career.

CM Punk: Whilst Punk is only 32 I can see him retiring in 7 years time as he seems the kind who likes wrestling and has a love for WWE but doesn't mind sitting down at the announcement table. I remember reading a tweet from Punk on Twitter that said something along the lines of "Getting too old for this s***" or something along those lines. Maybe this was because of the injury he had before TLC but something tells me Punk will retire in a while

Edge: Like Mysterio Edge is retiring soon and said so himself that he plans to retire in a couple of years. He has had a quite a few injuries such as neck/shoulder/ankle ones and he looks out of shape. It will be sad when Edge retires but he will retire in two years IMO

Daniel Bryan: Been wrestling for over 10 years and is edging 30. Not even in his prime and Bryan could be the WWE Champion before 2011 is over but I don't see Bryan retiring for 10 years. I mean this guy loves to wrestle and certainly could be the face of the WWE if he works a bit on his promo. The WWE just need to push him and if he can get the pops like RKO then he will be around for a while, Daniel Bryan

So I think it's clear to see that the WWE have a very bright future with likes of Barrett/CM Punk/Orton/Sheamus/Bryan/Miz/Alberto Del Rioo around for quite a while IMo. It alsoo seems too me that the WWE are well aware of this as they seem to want to push quite alot of young talent

I know I left a wrestler out who goes by the name of Dolph Ziggler but if you want to add him, you can.

i think this is a interesting thread. i will say the names that wont retire in the next 10 years are

John Cena
Randy Orton
Wade Barrett
Sheamus
The Miz
CM Punk
Alberto Del Rioo
Daniel Bryan

i think ray will retire in a year or 2 the nine people are new fresh superstars some are just new some are just coming into the wwe/world title picture. doesnt mean all those guys who are on my list will retire in 10 years im saying they WILL be here for another 10 years. maybe in 10 years sheamus will retire whos knows

Good thread! I'll post my input on your top 10.

John Cena
It won't be anytime soon. I can see Cena being around for another 5-6 years. He is probably one of if not the top earning for merchandise. And he still has alot of gas in his tank.

Randy Orton
I'm going to have to say the same for Orton as I did for Cena. He'll be around longer than Cena, maybe not by much, so i'll give his timeline a 6-7 years. Orton has been champion a few times but I still don't think Orton has hit his prime. Mind you he has been there for quite some time, but I can still see Orton being the biggest person in the WWE, hopefully surpassing Cena.

Wade Barrett
Hmm i'm honestly not too sure with Barrett. He's a great performer and all, but he still hasn't done anything outstanding to make me believe he'll even retire a WWE Superstar. Maybe he'll last 4 years tops in my books before he gets future endeavored.

Sheamus
Sheamus is still fresh. He'll be there hopefully for the next 10 years. Especially with Triple H behind the scenes, you'll see Sheamus taking a pretty big role in the future of the WWE. I can see Sheamus reaching new heights and being at least a 6 time WWE/WHC Champion.

Rey Mysterio
Rey Rey's being doing this for YEARS! His age and body is beginning to get the best of him, and not just recently. I could see WrestleMania 28 possibly having the retirement of Rey Mysterio. He already has a lighter travel schedule and no longer does many live events so I honestly don't think he can keep it up for much more. I don't blame him either. He's been giving it his all ever since he arrived. I imagine he wants to cherish what body he has left for life after wrestling and his kids who are still decently young.

The Miz
Unfortunately I think Miz will be here for a while. I don't get why everyone is so hot shit about the guy to be honest. If it were my company, I would've made him the first MITB winner to lose his cash in match. I think it was a bit early. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but he still isn't a champion in my mind. I'll throw him in the 10+ though just because Vince is so high on him (for some reason).

CM Punk
CM Punk is great! On the mic, in the ring, just excellent. He'll definitly be here for another 8-10 years. He'll be up in the Top 5 of the company, you just wait. He'll be main eventing for years to come. He still has a few things to accomplish (Royal Rumble, Main Even Mania, etc). This current program with him being the new leader of the Nexus is going to launch him right back to the top.

Edge
I remember reading recently that Edge claimed he only had a few good years left in him. But I can see that being realistic. As much as I hate to see him go, I would guess 2-3 years on Edge as well. Ever since his last injury, he seems to have stepped his ring game down, which is unfortunate. He's still a great in my mind and definitly a future HOFer. It'll be a sad day to see him go, but it will happen.

Alberto Del Rio
I'm not too much of a SD! watcher as I am a reader these days, but when I do catch Del Rio on RAW, he's entertaining! I hope to see him around for a good 8-10 years before he decides to step down. I need to see more of him, and I really hope he doesn't capture the title in 2011. Not to put the guy down, but I think 2011 should be the year he chases the gold only to come up a little bit short everytime. Until the end of 2011/beginning of 2012 when he captures it.

Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan is one of those guys I see being stuck in the mid-card scene forever, unfortunately. He's a great performer but he just doesn't scream championship material at me (World Champion). He does a great job in the mid-card scene don't get me wrong, but I just can't picture him in the Main Event. Maybe he'll also prove me wrong? Let's hope so. But me personally, I see him being future endeavored in 3-4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back