When we all watched WM27, who else thought this?

braveh

Pre-Show Stalwart
Because I thought that, the WWE is fine. Here is the new generation. Miz, Alberto Del Rio and John Morrison (with Snooki). In these three guys you can find the future Cena, the future Shawn Michaels, the future Kurt Angle.

Remember that at the time Miz had just made a much talked about appearance on Conan O'Brien, Morrison was paired with Snooki and Del Rio was doing great promos an getting great heat.

Fast forward 6 months and Miz is in a hopeless angle with R-Truth, CM Punk has buried Alberto Del Rio and John Morrison quit.

This is WZ Forums, you're not supposed to be an upstanding human being and admit when you are wrong.

Btw, you may catch hell for saying ADR was doing great promos. I'm going to duck out now.

Nope I did not think that one bit. I thought Morrison would be heavily pushed and eventually made a main eventer. But Miz? Never bought him as a main event player or a champion. I can't actually think of a worse WWE Champion. If it wasn't for Rock it probably would've been the first Mania I actually skipped watching.

And when was Del Rio doing great promos?

I think that The Miz was to say the least a fresh thing in the main event and doing a far superior job than others before him. WM 27 was awesome in some points, and lackluster in others. I'm very hapy Morrison quit because now I don't have to endure his amazing promo work, and Kingston is awesome being a spot monkey.

Del Rio was indeed great in his first months, anybody who says otherwise is lying and you just need to do some research and find this guys above telling how good del rio was and shit.

The only one of that group who I see having any longevity in the WWE is Miz. JoMo will never rise above the midcard (and the comparisons to HBK are ludicrous, the only similarity being that they're both overrated), and Del Rio is due for a fall barring any character repackaging.

So... you're wrong. The end.

Bunch of self-righteous know-it-alls.

I'm not a know-it-all, but I do know that ADR is awful. His in ring work is good. Not great, but good. His promos are just death though. Sorry, my mistake. I made it sound like he has more than one. He doesn't. He's been cutting the same exact promo since he won the 2011 RR.

I like John Morrison a lot in the ring. But he seriously needs the mic skills. He was getting over big for awhile, but without mic skills it's extremely difficult to get to the main event. If he fixes that, he could be a long term staple.

And I enjoy the the Miz. His new look is better. I do agree with his current spot back in the midcard, but I think he should be back in the main event some time in the future.

Bunch of self-righteous know-it-alls.

What qualities of Shawn Michaels did Morrison have? He was nowhere near his level in the ring. He could never talk like Michaels and he never will., and Michaels wasn't even that great of a talker.

In what world is Kurt Angle similar in any way to Del Rio? Kurt Angle was entertaining from the start. Del Rio wasn't over then and STILL isn't over now despite being pushed harder than anyone in the past 3 years.

Miz showed a lot of promise during that time, but he fizzled out quickly when it became clear that he wasn't going to get any better than he was.

Not self-righteous know-it-alls, just people who aren't completely ******ed.

Del Rio started off awesome but then became a boring piece of shit that he is today. He really never improved.

Miz should still be in the main event. I think he just got lost in the shuffle.

Morrison needs to find a personality.

The only one of that group who I see having any longevity in the WWE is Miz. JoMo will never rise above the midcard (and the comparisons to HBK are ludicrous, the only similarity being that they're both overrated), and Del Rio is due for a fall barring any character repackaging.

So... you're wrong. The end.

I don't see how Shawn Michaels is overrated. One of the best performers the business has ever seen. Yeah, business didnt do great when he was on top but the man was phenomenal in the ring.

Miz doesn't interest me in the slightest, I enjoyed Morrison but he was never going to make it to the main event without learning how to cut a promo, and Del Rio is fucking crap.

Most of the OP is stupid, so I'm going to hijack this a little.

It always kills me when folks say JoMo needs to find mic skills or he is going to be stuck in midcard heaven. Um, Jeff Hardy is beyond awful on the mic and he is ridiculously over wherever he wrestles. I'm not saying Morrison will ever be beyond a midcarder, but promo skills won't really be the only reason.

I've only recently got into the Miz and even now I'm still pretty skeptical of him. Miz vs Cena was one of the most forgettable WM main events in a long time the crowd was dead, it just sucked. ADR vs Edge opened the show to a decent match but ADR is overshadowed because that was Edge's last match. Morrison's match was like nine minutes and it had snookie in it, that's explanation enough.

It always kills me when folks say JoMo needs to find mic skills or he is going to be stuck in midcard heaven. Um, Jeff Hardy is beyond awful on the mic and he is ridiculously over wherever he wrestles. I'm not saying Morrison will ever be beyond a midcarder, but promo skills won't really be the only reason.

Jeff Hardy was never a good talker, but he was able to connect with the fans a whole lot better than Morrison ever was. Morrison looks like an athlete. Seeing him do all of his crazy flippies was cool, but not like watching a guy who looks like Jeff Hardy do them. Plus, in his later years in the WWE, Jeff was emphatically better in the ring than Morrison was.

John Morrison could have big! He never got a chance to show his promo skill after Morrison/miz

Yes he did. He doesn't have any.

Jeff Hardy was never a good talker, but he was able to connect with the fans a whole lot better than Morrison ever was. Morrison looks like an athlete. Seeing him do all of his crazy flippies was cool, but not like watching a guy who looks like Jeff Hardy do them. Plus, in his later years in the WWE, Jeff was emphatically better in the ring than Morrison was.

I don't disagree at all, I was just saying everybody always blames JoMo's inability to get over totally on his lack of mic skills. I was implying that his inability to get over is a lot more involved than just a lack of skills on the stick.

While this is true, Hardy jumped off a lot of things which after years and years of this made him popular. Morrison hasn't. It is very rare for people to get over without mic skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back