When was the loudest that you ever hear John Cena get boo'ed?

Any fan watching for any amount of time will tell you Cena vs. RVD @ ECW One Night Stand. I remembered that big "If Cena wins, we riot" sign and how agitated the crowd was when Cena made his entrance. That's the first time during Cena's face turn that he had to duck his head down to make his entrance because of the negative reaction from the crowd! I didn't see the CM Punk/Cena match @ MITB so I cannot compare the two, but I highly doubt the reaction there for John was as bad as it was for him at ONS. That's the first time I seen & heard a loud pop for heel interference when Edge speared Cena and the crowd chating "thank you Edge" afterwards. And Edge was a major heel at the time, so you'd think they would have hated him for that. But not in Philly! Not against RVD! WWE knew that they'd probably have had an actual riot if RVD had not won the match, so kudos to them for letting Van Dam win. That match is still one of my favorite from that time and I loved the Cena hatred from Philly because it was legit heat just because the crowd tired of him.

Hard to contribute to this thread anymore than what has already been given, but I seriously think ECW One Night Stand '06 was not just the loudest boos to be targeted at John Cena, but perhaps the loudest boos and jeers to have ever been given to any individual wrestler. Period.

So yeah, have to go with ONS, with MITB '11 following up.

Simple ... ECW One Night Stand. I don't know if I have heard more Booooo's then that night. The fans were ready to beat cena if he won the match... and while I don't think most fans would... It was one of those venues where I actually could see fans doing something crazy either during a win or after the show. Very hostile crowd and one of my personal favorites, I wish I had thrown his shirt back at him lol.

This was the first show that stood out to me and probably the only one where I was actually worried that something would happen to Cena had he won the match.

Other than this one, Money In The Bank 2011 stands out, but that would have happened to anyone who was facing CM Punk in Chicago. WrestleMania 28 stands out as well when he faced The Rock in Miami.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the three that stand out to me the most.

Any fan watching for any amount of time will tell you Cena vs. RVD @ ECW One Night Stand. I remembered that big "If Cena wins, we riot" sign and how agitated the crowd was when Cena made his entrance. That's the first time during Cena's face turn that he had to duck his head down to make his entrance because of the negative reaction from the crowd! ............... That's the first time I seen & heard a loud pop for heel interference when Edge speared Cena and the crowd chating "thank you Edge" afterwards. And Edge was a major heel at the time, so you'd think they would have hated him for that. But not in Philly! Not against RVD! WWE knew that they'd probably have had an actual riot if RVD had not won the match, so kudos to them for letting Van Dam win. That match is still one of my favorite from that time and I loved the Cena hatred from Philly because it was legit heat just because the crowd tired of him.

Not to nitpick too much, but the match was at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York, not in Philadelphia. But it was in one of ECW's backyards, which is part of what made the fans so solidly behind Rob Van Dam that night. My favorite part of Cena's entrance, other than his shirt getting thrown back at him at least five times, was watching all of those fans give him the finger during his entrance. To me, that was one of the last times that wrestling felt very real and emotional.

I can't really contribute too much more to this thread, but ECW One Night stand was at a smaller place. Those fans were rabid, and I wouldn't have been surprised if someone actually would have came at Cena. MITB 2011 was insane to me that that many people all in unison hated Cena with a passion. Granted it is Punk's hometown, but still. Those two definitely take it for loudest Cena boos, but they are on different scales I would say due to the difference in arena sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back