When was the last time you were excited about a Wrestlemania show/match?

Last time I was very excited for WrestleMania was WM26. It had a great card. You had Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels with the best story in decades. That video package showing Shawn's obsession with beating the Undertaker and how is career is already over was really powerful. You had Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk with another terrific feud. The moment when Punk creepily sung Happy Birthday to Rey's daughter immediately made me want to see that personal match. Edge and Jericho also had a good feud going. Edge was refreshing as a face, and Jericho was coming off a terrific main event run with Jeri-Show. And just as refreshing as Edge's face turn was Batista's heel turn. His whole egomaniacal persona was a terrific contrast to John Cena and I couldn't wait to see them fight at Mania. Triple H/Sheamus and the Legacy 3-way also had some personal feuds that I could get behind on. Also, let's not forget Bret Hart coming back to take on Vince in a 1-on-1. The biggest Money in the Bank in history was also on the card with 10 guys.

The only disappointment on the card was probably ShoMiz vs. R-Truth and Morrison. I couldn't get behind either of those shoe-horned-together tag teams. I would have preferred Miz vs. Morrison straight up.

Of course, the show wasn't as good in execution as in anticipation. The Vince beatdown dragged on way too long. Rey vs. Punk was criminally cut short. Probably the most deep feud on the card and it only lasted 6 minutes. In fact, every match was cut short except for the main event, which was terrific as expected. But I was really hoping for 2-3 classics instead of just one.

I get excited for Wrestlemania, with or with out a good build, just because I have been a fan for so long. I do agree, this year lacked build though for the matches. Some of it was beyond the company's control though, with Punk walking out, I am sure that changed things up. With the time they had, I thought they did a great job building for Cena VS Wyatt. I think they protected both characters well, so that both look strong going into the match. The main event is lack luster, jus because you don't know what it will be. Common sense says it will be Batista/Orton/Bryan. However, WWE loves swerves, so they could end up having it be HHH, and someone like Vince or Shane coming out and introducing Bryan, b/c maybe he got screwed over in his match or something.

The one thing going on for this years Mania is the mystique. Will CM Punk be there? Will Sting show up? Will Daniel Bryan walk out champion? What legends will be there? What will Stone Cold's role be? There are just so much possibilities for surprises.

WM 28 - Rock vs. Cena, Punk vs. Jericho. Two dream matches that I never thought I'd see happen, especially Rock vs. Cena. I've been waiting for that match for years.

Every year they give 3 or 4 main event matches. In some matches we known the outcome but we still like to watch that match bcoz we love how the match process and the wrestlers. Best example is undertaker matches. Every pro wrestling fans loves to watch taker wrestling at mania.

Wm28 rock vs cena is very excited about the out come. Most of people think cena will win.

this year they only focus on bryan. Most of iwc like this only. So i am not excited about other matches. Actually i know the outcome of mania main event. So this year wm sucks.

The last time before today was Shawn Michaels Vs Taker I. I wanted to bad for Shawn to beat Taker and hold that title along with so much more.

Now I am Rev'd up for Bray Wyatt taking down Cena. this could be the start of something epic.

Every year there's something that I look forward to in the Wrestlemania card. Some are for the feuds (eg. Taker/Orton WM21 & Triple H/Orton WM25) and some are for the wrestling itself (eg. Orton/Punk WM27, Taker/HBK WM25 & HBK/Angle WM21).

This year, the feud that gets me amped up is Triple H vs Daniel Bryan and Bray vs Cena. The match itself is Taker/Brock and also Triple H/Daniel Bryan because I know both will have match quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back