When Ezekiel Jackson returns!

CM Steel

A REAL American
Ezekiel Jackson has been out of the WWE for over a year with an injury. But is on the road to recovery right now. But when he returns on WWE TV how will big Zeke be used? A year ago I wrote a thread saying that both Ezekiel Jackson & Mason Ryan should return together as a tag team. But Ezekiel Jackson solo is always doable. When he returns he could go after the IC title again or even the U.S. title. What if big Zeke even returned at Wrestlemania 30 in the big 30-man Andre the Giant tribute battle royal? Where he could win the battle royal and the prize. which could lead to bigger things down the road.

It would be a shame to see a good talent be wasted and end up being misused like how Marcus Cor Von (Monty Brown) was. Or maybe somewhere down the line in the future we could see big Zeke take on the Bobby Lashley-role as being this jacked force that slams his way to the main event scene in the WWE. But what will happen with Ezekiel Jackson when he returns to the WWE?

Their is certainly similarities between jackson and lashley, both are physically similar. I believe that is what wwe need is a big imposing guy who could have a rivalry with another big imposing guy.
How about he returns and feuds with big e for the intercontinental title? Another interesting opponent could be titus o neill, both are physically gifted and it would be a collision, maybe even throw titus into the ic title scene also?

Ezekiel Jackson has been out of the WWE for over a year with an injury. But is on the road to recovery right now. But when he returns on WWE TV how will big Zeke be used? A year ago I wrote a thread saying that both Ezekiel Jackson & Mason Ryan should return together as a tag team. But Ezekiel Jackson solo is always doable. When he returns he could go after the IC title again or even the U.S. title. What if big Zeke even returned at Wrestlemania 30 in the big 30-man Andre the Giant tribute battle royal? Where he could win the battle royal and the prize. which could lead to bigger things down the road.

It would be a shame to see a good talent be wasted and end up being misused like how Marcus Cor Von (Monty Brown) was. Or maybe somewhere down the line in the future we could see big Zeke take on the Bobby Lashley-role as being this jacked force that slams his way to the main event scene in the WWE. But what will happen with Ezekiel Jackson when he returns to the WWE?

I wouldn't say cor von/brown was misused per say. if you look at how vince used known talent coming in, brown was earning his dues. look at punk,booker,ddp, Christian(upon coming back) ect ect. I think brown is pretty much the same story as ddp in wwe. right as he was about to get pushed something tragic happened. With DDP he was finally given the go to get his much deserved push back to the top( like how we saw bookers career take off) and then he injured his back with the botched superplex to holly and he had to retire. With Brown, again right before he was about to take off as reported by numerous sources, his sister passed away and he stepped away to take care of her kids. Vince told him there was always an open door, but as for the latest ive seen Brown is happy doing what hes doing.

I wouldn't say Zeke is the same case. They gave Zeke a push and it kind of floundered. I think what will really hurt him now is there are 3 similar type characters on the roster in henry, titus and big e. From everything I read, I think zeke understands this, and is trying to change his apperence to try and get as far away from the henry and big e type body and more of a titus.

I think the injury plus roster additions basically sealed his fate with WWE. Even after coming back, I wont be shocked if we see him released. As I said, you have 3 similar guys on the roster who have been working the past year on tv. 2 are getting favored by powers to be(titus and big e) and the other is long stay in the company... basically, zeke is the expendable one.

I could see zeke, popping up in TNA when its all over, and I don't think it would be a bad idea if they brought im in with shad and made them a team.

The unintentional racism in this thread is huge. How are Big E, Mark Henry and Titus simillar to Zeke? Last time I checked Zeke was an uncharismatic, sluggish waste of space on the roster who stank up the ring so bad they took him off TV.

To even compare him to Bobby Lashley, who is 10x the worker Zeke is is just asinine.
Jeez guys.

Big Zeke was decent in my opinion. He made a good strong man for a stable. I honestly liked the Corre, mostly because it was the only stable in history where each member was from a different continent.

I say that he should try out a gimmick in NXT, maybe wear a mask and do some kind of Bane style gimmick. Maybe he debuts as JBL's enforcer because there's been threats made on JBL's good health. There's many great things that could be done with him, it'll have to be a slow crawl to the top though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson never returns at all. He's completely forgotten about and wasn't really worth much in the first place. Jackson came to WWE in 2008 and has done pretty much nothing. A brief IC run a couple years ago didn't do anything for him. I doubt after four years of irrelevance and two years of injuries Jackson is going to have anything different to show us. My guess is WWE doesn't want to fire him while he's recovering from injury. He might get a throwaway match on Smackdown when he's finally recovered only to be released two weeks later.

I'm not sure that he'll ever return. He turns 36 years old in about 6 weeks or so, he's been out for close to 2 years now, he's all but forgotten by most fans and there are a couple of powerhouse guys on the main roster that are already better or show more promise than him. I remember reading something Jackson posted on Twitter around the first of this year giving some details as to what's going on. http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=82581

Basically, Jackson had another surgery that he said was his 3rd procedure in 4 years. I don't know exactly what's going on with him, but I'm doubting that he has much of a future in WWE at this time.

I could see WWE keeping him around to be used as fodder in NXT to help some of the "rookies" get over, but I think his time on the main roster is pretty much done with.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong [and I probably am] but weren't Zeke & Big E a tag team in FCW? If so, I don't see why WWE doesn't add Zeke to Henry & E and make a complete stable out of them. Sure, it can look like a race thing but really given their backgrounds outside of wrestling it would work. Henry is the WSM, Big E is a power lifter, and Ezekiel Jackson is a body builder... so he can lift too. I don't see why WWE wouldn't put those three together.

I didnt know zeke was still with the company... he is most remembered though for powerslamming Big Show some years ago,but a brief run with the IC title,did nothing for his career.. He is 36,Injury Prone has been out of action for what 2 1/2 years now? IM sure almost everyone has forgotten about him,his days as a ME player are over im afraid..

I dont even know if he is even good enough for cannon fodder for the upcoming rookies on NXT! When healthy most likely the WWE gives him his out right release.. He could go to New Japan,ROH,or TNA while its still there

Big Zeke Jackson is an interesting case. the WWE gave him a fighting chance a few years ago. think about his career arc...

1. he was put into a stable with at least one person that the company was seriously trying to push into the Main Event scene in Wade Barrett.
2. he was given the IC Title in a time when they were legit trying to rebuild its prestige and credibility.
3. he was fed the Great Khali for the sole purpose of revealing/showing off his primary asset, his strength, and in one of the most impressive sights ever, got the giant up in the Torture Rack.

the truth is, Big Zeke got a pretty decent push prior to his many injuries.
the other truth is, when i went to a house show some years ago and he came to the ring, nobody cheered for him. and sadly, nobody booed him either. it was just quiet.

i'm not in any way exaggerating this point. very literally, the arena was quiet during his entrance, match and exit. that might sum up his career at this point.

i wish Ezekiel Jackson all the best in the world and hope he is okay. that said, i wouldn't be surprised if the WWE lost interest in pushing him again -- especially considering his age and injury status -- given that the vast majority of the fans have also lost interest in him.

if he did come back though, my suggestion would be to make him the enforcer of a stable or one half of a tag team. there's always room for tag teams and stables, if done correctly, on any roster.

The WWE is pushing Big E strongly, and has planned to push Titus as well. Those 2 guys share too many similarities with Zeke. And then they have Henry filling the "veteran black powerhouse" spot.

Zeke needs a gimmick change so bad if he wants to stay on the main roster.

I legitimately forgot all about Ezekiel Jackson. I wouldn't be surprised if he got future endeavoured at some point this year. There's nothing he brings to the table at this point that others cannot do better. The only time I really liked him was when he was a part of the Ruthless Roundtable tag team and even then I liked Kozlov more. He seemed out of place in The Corre and honestly is just another big guy. There is nothing more boring in wrestling than seeing another generic big guy get pushed. Been there done that. The roster is full of big guys who are better on the mic and in the ring, so don't be surprised if he is one of the first to go if there is a string of roster cuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back